• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is wrong with sharia law?

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
You don't have scientific evidence. There are not multiple scientific consensuses. There is one. You reject it, because you are biased.

There is you rejected because you are biased to arrogance and stubborn.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
The question shouldn't be what is wrong with shaira law, but what is good about it.
Perhaps. But the question of what is wrong is valid, if for no other reason because there are a whole lot of people who hope to have it implemented in communities that so far have been protected from it.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
There is you rejected because you are biased to arrogance and stubborn.
No, Godobeyer. If you truly think so, you have not been paying a lot of attention either to homosexuality nor to his attitude towards Islaam and Muslims.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
So it does.

It is essentially impossible to convince me that homosexuality is "disease" or that it should be "healed".
I think most homosexual people do try to heal.

They their possibilty to become straight,some get success.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
No, Godobeyer. If you truly think so, you have not been paying a lot of attention either to homosexuality nor to his attitude towards Islaam and Muslims.
This issue is debatable since there are many sources,and many opinions.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I think most homosexual people do try to heal.
Sorry, but all that shows is that you have a very questionable understanding of homosexuality.

There are homosexuals that feel so marginalized that they attempt to deny themselves.

That is not "healing". That is unfair and undefensable violence.

They their possibilty to become straight,some get success.
Uh, no.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
This issue is debatable since there are many sources,and many opinions.
Debatable, sure. But there are limits to what can be reasonably said.

You mean well, but you have definitely crossed a line into fantasy territory.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Sorry, but all that shows is that you have a very questionable understanding of homosexuality.

There are homosexuals that feel so marginalized that they attempt to deny themselves.

That is not "healing". That is unfair and undefensable violence.

Uh, no.
True but only one side has facts supporting it. Hint: it's not yours.

I accept the scientific consensus. That's all there is to it.

Sorry I don't take your opinion as fact,there is hunderd of websites and scientific research decline your opinion.

Just google ex-gay or ex-homosexual and you will find out.

Kirran

Premium Member
Sorry I don't take your opinion as fact,there is hunderd of websites and scientific research decline your opinion.

Just google ex-gay or ex-homosexual and you will find out.

Incorrect. There are organisations which purport to be able to carry out such changes. But they've been scientifically debunked by the vast majority of legitimate peer-reviewed science - in the USA they are opposed by the American Medical Association, American Psychiatric Association, the American Psychological Association, the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, the American Counseling Association, the National Association of Social Workers, the American Academy of Pediatrics, the National Association of School Psychologists, and the American Academy of Physician Assistants. The American Psychological Association undertook a review of all the literature available on it, and found that there wasn't support for the claim that such therapies were effective.

Here is another peer-reviewed study on it, for your education.

Even homophobic Christian groups in the USA now generally admit that it's ineffective, and oppose the practice, saying that gay people should be celibate instead.

This is a good quote - The World Health Organization's ICD-10, which along with the DSM-IV is widely used internationally, states that "sexual orientation by itself is not to be regarded as a disorder". It lists ego-dystonic sexual orientation as a disorder instead, which it defines as occurring where "the gender identity or sexual preference (heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, or prepubertal) is not in doubt, but the individual wishes it were different because of associated psychological and behavioural disorders, and may seek treatment in order to change it."

The WHO stands against "conversion therapy". You know better than the World Health Organisation?

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Incorrect. There are organisations which purport to be able to carry out such changes. But they've been scientifically debunked by the vast majority of legitimate peer-reviewed science - in the USA they are opposed by the American Medical Association, American Psychiatric Association, the American Psychological Association, the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, the American Counseling Association, the National Association of Social Workers, the American Academy of Pediatrics, the National Association of School Psychologists, and the American Academy of Physician Assistants. The American Psychological Association undertook a review of all the literature available on it, and found that there wasn't support for the claim that such therapies were effective.

Here is another peer-reviewed study on it, for your education.

Even homophobic Christian groups in the USA now generally admit that it's ineffective, and oppose the practice, saying that gay people should be celibate instead.

This is a good quote - The World Health Organization's ICD-10, which along with the DSM-IV is widely used internationally, states that "sexual orientation by itself is not to be regarded as a disorder". It lists ego-dystonic sexual orientation as a disorder instead, which it defines as occurring where "the gender identity or sexual preference (heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, or prepubertal) is not in doubt, but the individual wishes it were different because of associated psychological and behavioural disorders, and may seek treatment in order to change it."

The WHO stands against "conversion therapy". You know better than the World Health Organisation?

So ex gay and ex-homosexual experiences and stories are ALL just liar ?

Kirran

Premium Member
So ex gay and ex-homosexual experiences and stories are ALL just liar ?

They're scientifically unsupported and have been widely shown to be damaging. There is nothing to support their validity, they are an exercise in the abuse of human rights and nothing more.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
They're scientifically unsupported and have been widely shown to be damaging. There is nothing to support their validity, they are an exercise in the abuse of human rights and nothing more.
That's your opinion which had no value to me or them.

Kirran

Premium Member
The world's largest 'ex-gay therapy' organisation was Exodus International. The founder eventually shut the organisation down, and issued an apology to the LGBT community for the harm he had caused.

"The majority of people that I have met, and I would say the majority meaning 99.9% of them have not experienced a change in their orientation," he said.

Also: "Recently, I have begun thinking again about how to apologize to the people that have been hurt by Exodus International through an experience or by a message. I have heard many firsthand stories from people called ex-gay survivors. Stories of people who went to Exodus affiliated ministries or ministers for help only to experience more trauma. I have heard stories of shame, sexual misconduct, and false hope. In every case that has been brought to my attention, there has been swift action resulting in the removal of these leaders and/or their organizations. But rarely was there an apology or a public acknowledgement by me.

And then there is the trauma that I have caused. There were several years that I conveniently omitted my ongoing same-sex attractions. I was afraid to share them as readily and easily as I do today. They brought me tremendous shame and I hid them in the hopes they would go away. Looking back, it seems so odd that I thought I could do something to make them stop. Today, however, I accept these feelings as parts of my life that will likely always be there."

That's your opinion which had no value to me or them.

It's not my opinion, actually! It's the medical consensus.

If virtually all medical organisations, including the World Health Organisation, tell you that it's dangerous to drink petrol, do you say 'I don't care about your opinion!' and do it anyway?