• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the best Religion?

• Islam

• Christianity

• Hinduism

• Buddhism

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
That would be government,
which is still not religion.

According to Daniel 2:44 God's kingdom is a real government. Who is king (president) of God's kingdom government but Christ Jesus.

At Daniel chapter 2 there is a word picture for us about a Huge statue - Daniel 2:44
Each different metal represented a world power starting with Egypt down to our day.
Today the world powers are like iron mixed with clay. Iron and clay do Not stick together.
We are nearing the time of the toes of that statue. Perhaps ever more like the time of the toenails!
According to Daniel 2:34-35 a ' stone ' will hit the feet of this Huge system of things which is on its ' last legs ', so to speak.
This means, Jesus, as King of God's kingdom, - Revelation 19:14-16 - will erase all bad government on earth.
God's kingdom in the hands of Christ Jesus is the solution for our need for good government.
That is why we pray ' thy kingdom come.... '
We do Not pray to be taken away to God's kingdom
We do Not pray to be taken up to God's kingdom, but for it to come and for God's will (purpose ) to be done on earth ' as ' it is done in heaven.
In heaven there is No war, crime, violence, sickness nor death. So, we are praying for those same good conditions that exist in heaven to exist here on earth.
According to Revelation 22:2 there will be healing for earth's nations under Christ's 1,000-year rulership over earth.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Are you talking about a Theocracy? They do not work. Look at the ones that exist now and the ones that once existed. Also look at the right wingers trying to make it happen in the US. All are/were/will be ugly.
By the way we already have The Second Coming™ upon us.

Please keep in mind the ' modern-day definition ' of theocracy (God Rule) is Not the theocracy Jesus believed in.
Definition of modern-day theocracy is often understood to mean: rule by clergy, or rule by clergy class. Jesus never taught such a thing.
Jesus believed in the theocracy of Daniel 2:44 that ' God's kingdom government ' will do away with bad government.
Jesus, as king of God's kingdom for a thousand years, will usher in global Peace on Earth among people of goodwill.
Jesus is Not governing through humans on earth who are trying to set up an earthly theocratic clergy-class system of things.
- Revelation 19:14-16

We are all invited to pray the invitation of Revelation 22:20 B for Jesus' ( righteous rulership ) to come.
Then, we will see healing for earth's nations as recorded at Revelation 22:2.

Kori

Dark Valkyrie...what's not to love?
@URAVIP2ME if what you are talking about in terms of Jesus's Kingdom then the first not last examples of that are nations like Denmark.

Kelly of the Phoenix

But watch out for Guide 3! Guide 3 is bad news!
LOL. :)

Still, if going up the mountains requires stair climbing and you have no limbs ... is it not the compassionate thing to build a device that will enable them to get to the mountain as well? :)

In heaven there is No war, crime, violence, sickness nor death. So, we are praying for those same good conditions that exist in heaven to exist here on earth.
According to Revelation 22:2 there will be healing for earth's nations under Christ's 1,000-year rulership over earth.
In Heaven, there is no war ... except for the one where Lucifer goes to hell plus all his homies. God can't even keep Heaven peaceful. I'm not going to set my standards too high for any earthly kingdom.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
. :)
:)
In Heaven, there is no war ... except for the one where Lucifer goes to hell plus all his homies. God can't even keep Heaven peaceful. I'm not going to set my standards too high for any earthly kingdom.

I do realize there was a war ( past tense ) in heaven - Revelation 12:7-9; Revelation 12:12. With Satan and his followers ousted out of heaven. There is Nothing but peace in heaven.

I don't know of any Scripture that says Satan ( ala Lucifer ) goes to hell. Could you please post a verse or passage you have in mind.

We shouldn't set our standards too high for any earthly kingdom ( government ) because, according to Scripture, it is only God's 'heavenly kingdom' that can bring Peace on Earth.
Jesus as King ( president ) of God Kingdom government, and as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among people of goodwill.
Jesus did Not say to pray to ' take me away to the kingdom' nor pray ' take me up to the kingdom ' but for the kingdom to come, and God's will ( purpose ) be done on earth.
'Done on earth' as it is done in heaven means No more war for heaven which means No more war for earth - Isaiah 2:4; Micah 4:3-4
We are all invited to pray the invitation of Revelation 22:20 B.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Its Ahmadiyya Islam of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad Hazrat Khalifa Promised Messiah.
I even know why.
Because Ahmadiyya Islam of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad Hazrat Khalifa Promised Messiah is fastest growing religion worldwide and opened Mosque by promised Mahdi all the time.

I believe cancer is fast growing also but not desirable.

RRex

Premium Member
What is the Best Religion?
As a Deist I will submit that None of the Above is the best answer to the question.

You don't need a particular religion to talk to the creator/god(s)/GAU. It isn't interested in anything you have to say. It designed this mess and then sat back to watch what happens in its Petri dish.

Why let men and their feeble books dictate to you how you will commune with your gods?

Why limit yourself by subjecting yourselves to the words of men who are fallible?

Free yourselves from your self-imposed slavery.

Kelly of the Phoenix

I don't know of any Scripture that says Satan ( ala Lucifer ) goes to hell. Could you please post a verse or passage you have in mind.
Does he run it from his house in heaven? Does he telecommute?

Jesus as King ( president ) of God Kingdom government, and as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among people of goodwill.
Again, Jesus was here and there were military occupations that didn't just magically go away. Having ideas about how to govern is one thing while actually governing is something else.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Does he run it from his house in heaven? Does he telecommute?
Again, Jesus was here and there were military occupations that didn't just magically go away. Having ideas about how to govern is one thing while actually governing is something else.

Satan was ousted out of heaven a long time ago according to Revelation 12:9; Revelation 12:12. Please notice his now temporary location according to Revelation 12:12

Yes, when Jesus was here there were military occupations. Even when the people wanted to put Jesus in political office (king) Jesus declined - John 6:15
Jesus and his 1st-century followers remained politically neutral. Even neutral in the political affairs of the day between the Jews verses the Romans.
Back in the first century Jesus started to govern over the Christian congregation- Ephesians 5:23; 1 Corinthians 11:3
It is Not until the soon coming future time of Matthew 25:31-33 when Jesus will govern over earth.
We are all invited to pray for the time when Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among people of goodwill - Revelation 22:20 B
The time from Adam to now has allowed for all of us to be born and think who we would like as Sovereign over us.
If time would have been cut short we simply would Not be here, and would Not have the opportunity for everlasting life either in heaven for some, or everlasting life on earth.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
... isn't Jesus kinda a zombie?

According to Scripture, God resurrected Jesus back into his pre-human spirit body.
Spirit bodies are Not visible to visible creation, so then 'No' Jesus is Not kinda a zombie.
Notice how powerful the words from the heavenly Jesus' mouth are as recorded at Isaiah 11:3-4 and Revelation 19:14-16

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist
According to Scripture, God resurrected Jesus back into his pre-human spirit body.
Spirit bodies are Not visible to visible creation, so then 'No' Jesus is Not kinda a zombie.
Notice how powerful the words from the heavenly Jesus' mouth are as recorded at Isaiah 11:3-4 and Revelation 19:14-16

I'll leave your religious interpretations to you.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Peace be on you.
1= Islam is the best.

2= But which Islam?
To me, the best Islam is the one which was brought and practiced by Holy Prophet (pbuh) and his Companions (r.a.). When he was asked a subsequent question about which sect of Islam will be best in latter days, he said the one which would be on his and his companions' path. Every sect can say, we are the one which fulfill the condition.
https://www.alislam.org/library/73divisions/73-07.html

But as time passed, weaknesses crept in practices, and now Islam is disliked and called many names and is a sort of symbol of terrorist acts.

Such state of affairs was foretold by Holy Prophet (pbuh) by God given knowledge. He (pbuh) prophesied that at that time God would send a reformer to revive the faith.

Ahmadiyya Muslims believe such renaissance has started through Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad [The Promised Messiah and Mahdi, and by his Khilafat and Jama'at worldwide]

3= Islam began at Hazrat Adam,
= and continued to evolve through many Prophets e.g. Hazrat Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus (on them be peace),
= and completed at Hazrat Muhammad (peace and blessings on him).
= The service of Islam's promised peaceful spread to the end of the world is being done by the servant and ardent devotee of Hazrat Muhammad (s.a.w.), titled as Hazrat Promised Messiah the Mahdi (on whom be peace) and his Khilafat i.e. through Ahmadiyya Muslim Jama'at.

4= Islam is the best because it addresses all the issues which are required for human to recognize and meet God and to have best connection with all humanity including those who are not religious or Muslims.
Related Resources:
https://www.alislam.org/books/distinct/
https://www.alislam.org/library/ContributionofIslam.html

Last edited:

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Its Ahmadiyya Islam of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad Hazrat Khalifa Promised Messiah.
I even know why.
Because Ahmadiyya Islam of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad Hazrat Khalifa Promised Messiah is fastest growing religion worldwide and opened Mosque by promised Mahdi all the time.
Peace be on you.
Please allow me to say:
1=Mirza Ghulam Ahmad -- his title is The Promised Messiah, the Mahdi (Placing the word Hazrat is for respect, Hazrat mean Esquire, Presence)

2=His current, the fifth, Khalifah is Mirza Masroor Ahmad -- his traditional title is Khalifatul Messiah (Hazrat is placed before too).

The religion that teaches the truth about the true God. All other religions must be false, IMO, and harmful to its adherents.
All religions were initially true until human interference in the Holy Books took place. Islam is the final combination of all true religions that were from God.

I believe Christianity is the best religion because it is a living religion while all the others are dead religions.
Christianity is not a universal religion so it does not qualify for the best religion. The best religion has to be universal and should address needs of all people of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.