• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the best Religion?

What is the best Religion?

• Islam

• Christianity

• Hinduism

• Buddhism

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why didn't Adam?

It IS a bit like going to a fan convention and fighting over Star Trek vs Star Wars vs LOTR vs Harry Potter vs ...

Yes, "the eye cannot say to the hand, 'I do not need you'." Christianity loves to ignore that Jesus was saying we can work together even though we are vastly different.

I believe Paul is guilty of this. Plus, having no authority to do so is not the same thing from being INCAPABLE of doing so. God doesn't sit down at the desk and block people from messing with the bible. The bible has been edited from the very beginning, mostly so that the various editors can get their biases more press than they deserve. You can see this when studying how God is portrayed throughout the bible. His will/whim changes depending on the author.

It's essentially a copyright violation threat, much like the FBI ones before movies. That you have to threaten against manipulation MEANS IT IS HAPPENING. Plus, that book almost didn't make it into the canon and is the only blatant threat there. If you weren't allowed to add to the bible, it'd have stopped at Genesis, right? The entire NT is devoted ... DEVOTED ... to editing the OT for its own biases. You will never find Satan tempting Eve by lying to her in the Genesis account. It is made up by NT authors. You will never find Jesus creating the earth. It is made up by NT authors. That threat is a complete joke as it itself spins the bible's contents out of context so freely.

The bible says all humans are drawn to evil and you don't see the issue with that? It NEVER occurs to you that this author is simply tooting his own horn without justification? Ted Cruz acts like he is the new messiah ... do you believe him just because he says so?

To be fair, though, Christianity preaches peace and can be just as bloody. Jesus wasn't even dead yet before the apostles were showing themselves to be moronic pricks bent on ensuring their own 15 minutes of fame (especially Peter). The bible shows Jesus getting frustrated that his own disciples don't listen to him. Throughout the NT after Jesus' death, note the body count of anyone who ticks off Ol' Pete. Sure, it was "the wrath of God" *coughcough*, not Pete himself killing those people. Pete wanted to be the Don Corleone of sorts and resented anyone taking away his perceived awesomeness, even though nowhere does it show him ever being worthy of such a title. He fails to walk on water, he fails to exorcise demons, he doesn't stay in prison (carry your cross and follow Jesus? *pffbt* as IF ...), and HE DENIES JESUS THREE TIMES IN JUST A FEW HOURS. While I believe in Jesus' "Way", I couldn't hide my disappointment regarding his lack of keeping his disciples in line anymore. His Way didn't make much of an impression on his peeps at all.
We are not talking about Adam of Bible here.

Rapture Era

I don't care. If I'm in heaven, awesome! If I'm in hell, Satan has no power over me.
If you are in heaven? What makes you think that? Satan isnt going to need any power over you in hell. His power over you is right now keeping you from making a decision for everlasting life in heaven! He doesnt care about you, he wants to drag you down with him. Satan hates God and he hates Gods creation which means he hates you! He will tie up people in all kinds of religions and belief systems, careers, money you name it. He will try and keep you from accepting Gods free gift of salvation any way he can! Once you die hes won! You say you dont care? WOW! Sounds like hes got to you too! Well, not completely, you are still alive and have a chance. Dont waist the time you have because we are not guaranteed tomorrow. People die every day and they dont get up in the morning and say, hey, I'm going to die today, but they do. Think about it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.