• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the AIM of Religion

Octavia156

OTO/EGC
I think all that I wrote above is more than enough for the souls who are passing through such circumstances in life. And the souls who still need to realize all this will never agree with my theory because their time to understand that this world is not a real home, will come some day. :)

How do you KNOW this?

How can you say for certain that there are not places in this world where people can experience perfect and permanent happiness in Life?

chinu

chinu
How do you KNOW this?

How can you say for certain that there are not places in this world where people can experience perfect and permanent happiness in Life?
Well, I just answered your questions, I don't want to force my certainty onto you or others by telling that how am certain for this, others will realize all this on their own, when their time will come.

Yes, I can help the realized one, but I cannot make anybody realize :)

Octavia156

OTO/EGC
how can you make someone realise something you have no evidence for other than to indoctrinate them, hypnotise them or lie to them?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Religion...'re' is latin for 'again',..'ligio' is Latin for 'connect' or 'bind'

Religion therefore means 'reconnect' or 'reunite'

We see that it is similar to the concept of 'Yoga' of the Sanatan Dharma tradition which means 'union'.

The spirit that incarnates to vivify the body of man and is known as a soul, and eventually learns through religious studies and practice what it really is and yearns to reunite with its spiritual source, and eventually will succeed.

However, it should be noted that many so called human created religious institutions in time become very corrupt and enslave the souls of man in material pursuits and ritual.

chinu

chinu
Religion...'re' is latin for 'again',..'ligio' is Latin for 'connect' or 'bind'

Religion therefore means 'reconnect' or 'reunite'

We see that it is similar to the concept of 'Yoga' of the Sanatan Dharma tradition which means 'union'.

The spirit that incarnates to vivify the body of man and is known as a soul, and eventually learns through religious studies and practice what it really is and yearns to reunite with its spiritual source, and eventually will succeed.

However, it should be noted that many so called human created religious institutions in time become very corrupt and enslave the souls of man in material pursuits and ritual.
I also always use to say that religion means re-union with from where we started this journey of life in the beginning.

Anyways, as you said that it should be noted that many so called human created religious institutions in time become very corrupt and enslave the souls of man in material pursuits and ritual, So what's the way to find any true religion ? :)

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I also always use to say that religion means re-union with from where we started this journey of life in the beginning.

Anyways, as you said that it should be noted that many so called human created religious institutions in time become very corrupt and enslave the souls of man in material pursuits and ritual, So what's the way to find any true religion ? :)
It is found in all religious teachings that the truth is within.

chinu

chinu
THAT which seeks is THIS that is sought, and THAT which is sought is THIS that seeks. All else is vanity! Bro :p
So, all that you want to say is that "YOU" got this seen at the end ? Is this your OWN realisation, or somebody's else ? please make me clear. :)

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Its okay, but my next question is; is this your OWN, or Somebody's else realisation ? :)
Not my personal, nor someone else's, but is absolutely eternally present. Those who realise it are only realizing THAT which is already realized.

Don't mean to sound obtuse, but there's nothing more to say, words can't penetrate the scared oneness.

CaseyDamon

This means that God said, it is I who is the creater of life and destroy of your life. every thing is happened of my own will.

Octavia156

OTO/EGC
THAT which seeks is THIS that is sought, and THAT which is sought is THIS that seeks. All else is vanity! Bro :p

"Oh secret of secrets that is hidden in the being of all that lives, not Thee do we adore, for That which adoreth is also Thou. Thou art THAT and THAT am I" - Liber XV.

I think we all agree the Aim of religion is reunion, union or reconnection.

First question - reunion with WHAT?

Second question - how can you apply the Scientific method to actualising this Reunion so that blind faith is unnecessary?