• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is in a name: Why are Christians readily accepting of Judaic theology and not Islamic theology?

Jedster

I'm not fan of Quora but I gave the entry a fair read after following your link. I'm having trouble finding a reference to where religious Jews might find the Protestant version of the Bible insulting. There is some reference to the interpretation of the content but that's really nothing to do with the actual content, maybe you could paste and highlight? Just curious, that's all.

All I meant was that Jews do not regard their testament as 'old'.
(The Quora quote was just to demonstrate the difference between the two canons. They are not the same.)

and welcome to RF..:)

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
Christians tend to borrow a lot of things from Jewish text, but not Islamic text.
Christianity came long before Islam and long after Judaism. Christianity is strongly based on Judaism (as well as Hellenism and Greek philosophy and Roman law), even using the same Hebrew Bible as their own. Why would Christians even consider borrowing from a religion that didn't exist until far in the future?

Christianity came long before Islam and long after Judaism. Christianity is strongly based on Judaism (as well as Hellenism and Greek philosophy and Roman law), even using the same Hebrew Bible as their own. Why would Christians even consider borrowing from a religion that didn't exist until far in the future?

Give it a few more centuries maybe then they will.

:):):)

OK
Adultery now is legal in many parts of the world as long as the 2 doing it consented, are you happy? many are seeking now DNA testing to make sure they are fostering their genuine sons and daughters.
I think adultery is shameful. The poor spouse, the poor children. What a travesty.

But I also believe that God gave us free will; that we know what we should do, but we can choose to do otherwise.

Faithofchristian

Well first would have to discover as to who wrote the q'uran, Seeing that Islam prophet Muhammad could not read or write.
Seeing that it came down that Muhammad wife would read and write for him.

So the question would be, As to how would muhammad know for sure what his wife was reading and writing for him, Seeing Muhammad couldn't read or write ?
And seeing muhammad's wife knowing Muhammad treated women like dogs.
And seeing muhammad made his son divorce his wife so Muhammad could have her as his wife.

Muhammad went into the Temple of goddess Diana in Ephesus, and destroyed all the pagan statues, But kept the rock which fell from heaven and Muhammad took the rock and put it in the East corner of the Kaaba in Mecca.

Muhammad is said to have walk around the Kaaba 7 times, Then kiss the rock which he calls the god that takes away all sins.
And gives salvation to all who kisses the rock which fell from heaven.

Who is this god, seeing muhammad is called the messenger of Allah,
It doesn't take much to figure out, Just who Muhammad is referring to. As the rock that takes away all sins and gives salvation to all who kisses the rock ( Allah )

The crescent moon and star were carried on the head of Osiris the golden calf and in the middle of the head of the golden calf is the crescent moon and star and You will find the serpent in the middle of them, Which according to the Bible Rev 12:9, is Satan that old serpent and Satan the Devil.

This symbol, Crescent moon and star, is found on every Muslim Mosque.

In Hebrew its translated
Heylel Ben Shachar = Lucifer son of the Dawn.

In Arabic Hilal = Crescent moon.
When putting it all together it simply means = Heylel Ben Shachar Crescent moon. son of the morning star or the Dawn

Crescent and morning Star ( Lucifer)
Rising with Dawn, This has become the symbol of Muslims Allah and Islam.
Crescent moon and star repsents Lucifer, Satan himself.

In the book of Acts 7:43, They are called,
Moloch - Rephan the star of your god, And the images you made in order to worship them. Acts 19:29-37.

In Egypt they were called the god of
Osiris - ISIS
In Assyria - Assur - Ishtar
Babylon - Bel - Belit
Persia - Mithra - Anahita
Greece - Helios - Artemis
Rome - Apollo - Diana - goddess

Unto which all these gods fell under one banner the Crescent moon and star.

In the Bible they are called ( Baal )
Ashtcroth - Ashtoreth = Queen of heaven.

Moloch tent of the star of Moloch.
Acts 7:40-43
Amos 5:26

Ashtoreth - Ashteroth
the goddess ( Queen ) of heaven
Acts 19:35
Jeremiah 7:9,18 & 44:17-19
Zephaniah 1:5, 2:11
Deuteronomy 4:19, 6:14,15
1st kings 11:33

Watch two videos

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
Why are Christians readily accepting of Judaic theology and not Islamic theology?

Because, simply, Islam boldly rejects the Christ. The very core of the Christian religion is the sacrifice and crucifixion; and Islam denies it even happened. Judaism, on the other hand, is not so bold.

The true believing Christian is utterly repulsed by Islam, should they be familiar with its tenets. Therefore, why would they draw upon something repulsive? Furthermore, let me be clear that Muslims themselves are not inherently repulsive, but rather, the religion itself.

I do not believe that is so. I believe Muslims have misconstrued Christianity by misinterpreting their own scripture and discounting the NT.

I believe that is not true. I believe it is a misinterpretation by both Christians and Muslims.

I am a born again Christian with Jesus speaking through me and I am not repulsed by Islam

Last edited:

Baroodi

Well first would have to discover as to who wrote the q'uran, Seeing that Islam prophet Muhammad could not read or write.
Seeing that it came down that Muhammad wife would read and write for him.

So the question would be, As to how would muhammad know for sure what his wife was reading and writing for him, Seeing Muhammad couldn't read or write ?
And seeing muhammad's wife knowing Muhammad treated women like dogs.
And seeing muhammad made his son divorce his wife so Muhammad could have her as his wife.

Muhammad went into the Temple of goddess Diana in Ephesus, and destroyed all the pagan statues, But kept the rock which fell from heaven and Muhammad took the rock and put it in the East corner of the Kaaba in Mecca.

Muhammad is said to have walk around the Kaaba 7 times, Then kiss the rock which he calls the god that takes away all sins.
And gives salvation to all who kisses the rock which fell from heaven.

Who is this god, seeing muhammad is called the messenger of Allah,
It doesn't take much to figure out, Just who Muhammad is referring to. As the rock that takes away all sins and gives salvation to all who kisses the rock ( Allah )

The crescent moon and star were carried on the head of Osiris the golden calf and in the middle of the head of the golden calf is the crescent moon and star and You will find the serpent in the middle of them, Which according to the Bible Rev 12:9, is Satan that old serpent and Satan the Devil.

This symbol, Crescent moon and star, is found on every Muslim Mosque.

In Hebrew its translated
Heylel Ben Shachar = Lucifer son of the Dawn.

In Arabic Hilal = Crescent moon.
When putting it all together it simply means = Heylel Ben Shachar Crescent moon. son of the morning star or the Dawn

Crescent and morning Star ( Lucifer)
Rising with Dawn, This has become the symbol of Muslims Allah and Islam.
Crescent moon and star repsents Lucifer, Satan himself.

In the book of Acts 7:43, They are called,
Moloch - Rephan the star of your god, And the images you made in order to worship them. Acts 19:29-37.

In Egypt they were called the god of
Osiris - ISIS
In Assyria - Assur - Ishtar
Babylon - Bel - Belit
Persia - Mithra - Anahita
Greece - Helios - Artemis
Rome - Apollo - Diana - goddess

Unto which all these gods fell under one banner the Crescent moon and star.

In the Bible they are called ( Baal )
Ashtcroth - Ashtoreth = Queen of heaven.

Moloch tent of the star of Moloch.
Acts 7:40-43
Amos 5:26

Ashtoreth - Ashteroth
the goddess ( Queen ) of heaven
Acts 19:35
Jeremiah 7:9,18 & 44:17-19
Zephaniah 1:5, 2:11
Deuteronomy 4:19, 6:14,15
1st kings 11:33

Watch two videos

:eek::eek:

Muhammed treated women as dogs
Muhammed has a stone as God and the rest of your allegations which I only describe as trash

please support your allegations with one evidence. I challenge you.

No man treated women as gentle as Muhammed (PBUH)
No Prophet taught the world how to worship God sincerely and correctly as Muhammed

please refer to the true history not the history written by those who fight Islam by falsehood.

Faithofchristian

:eek::eek:

Muhammed treated women as dogs
Muhammed has a stone as God and the rest of your allegations which I only describe as trash

please support your allegations with one evidence. I challenge you.

No man treated women as gentle as Muhammed (PBUH)
No Prophet taught the world how to worship God sincerely and correctly as Muhammed

please refer to the true history not the history written by those who fight Islam by falsehood.

Muhammad had silly wife read and write for him , worship stone ( meteorite) god in Mecca. Took from goddess Diana temple. Now in Mecca, now Muslims worship false god ( Meteorite) stone god.

Jesus give prophecy about false prophet being in desert, Muhammad false prophet in desert.

Baroodi

Muhammad had silly wife read and write for him , worship stone ( meteorite) god in Mecca. Took from goddess Diana temple. Now in Mecca, now Muslims worship false god ( Meteorite) stone god.

Jesus give prophecy about false prophet being in desert, Muhammad false prophet in desert.

Falsifying facts will not work my Dear, Toy are talking nonsense or you are totally ignorant what is Islam. I think the second opinion is 100% right in your case

The God we know is one, was not begotten nor he begot any offspring

a Muslim is monotheist if he believe in the above in addition to

1/ Divinity of God; that is no one deserve to be worshiped or feared except God (no human, no statue, no other creature like Sun, fire, Devil and so forward)

2/ deity of God: to believe that all this universe and creatures are originated by God who control them and knows every bit of it ( With him are the keys to the unseen which no one knows except Him. And he knows whatever is in the earth or in the sea. Any leaf falling off (a tree), He knows about it. Not even a grain in the depths of the earth nor anything wet or dry, it is well inscribed) 06:60, Noble Quran

3/ monotheism of God names and characters; God has 99 names and special attributes. no one in this world can carry any of these name or can pretend to have similar characters. like knowing the unseen or resurrecting the dead people.

disbelieving in any of these or worshiping heathens/ pagans leads to polytheism. God can forgive any sin except polytheism.

Please can you tell me about any religion or creed well respecting and exalting God as Islam?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I didn't watch the video but Christianity views itself as the fulfillment of God's promise to Israel and obviously grew out of Judaism. The religions are at odds now, though, but grew out of the same root. A Christian wouldn't recognize Islam as valid because it contradicts the Gospels. I personally see no reason whatsoever to accept anything Muhammad said about himself or anything the Qur'an says about Christ over what the NT says.

Faithofchristian

Falsifying facts will not work my Dear, Toy are talking nonsense or you are totally ignorant what is Islam. I think the second opinion is 100% right in your case

The God we know is one, was not begotten nor he begot any offspring

a Muslim is monotheist if he believe in the above in addition to

1/ Divinity of God; that is no one deserve to be worshiped or feared except God (no human, no statue, no other creature like Sun, fire, Devil and so forward)

2/ deity of God: to believe that all this universe and creatures are originated by God who control them and knows every bit of it ( With him are the keys to the unseen which no one knows except Him. And he knows whatever is in the earth or in the sea. Any leaf falling off (a tree), He knows about it. Not even a grain in the depths of the earth nor anything wet or dry, it is well inscribed) 06:60, Noble Quran

3/ monotheism of God names and characters; God has 99 names and special attributes. no one in this world can carry any of these name or can pretend to have similar characters. like knowing the unseen or resurrecting the dead people.

disbelieving in any of these or worshiping heathens/ pagans leads to polytheism. God can forgive any sin except polytheism.

Please can you tell me about any religion or creed well respecting and exalting God as Islam?

Well for one, I have the Q'uran, so i do know about Islam very much.
I also know that Muhammad could not read or write, but had his wife read and write for him.
Seeing Muhammad could not read or write, As to how would muhammad know what his wife had written down.

Seeing also that Muhammad had his son to divorce his wife, so that Muhammad could marry her.

Seeing also in the Q'uran, that Jews and Christians are infidel's, are to be killed.and anyone else, who does accept Islam.

Big difference between Islam and Christians, Christians do not go about killing people just because they do not accept Christianity.

Also seeing that the Q'uran copied the bible.

Seeing the old testament in the Bible, out dates the q'uran by about 3000 years.
And the New testament in the Bible, out dates the q'uran by about 625 years.
The Q'uran was written around in the year 625.
So who copied who ?

Last edited:

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I didn't watch the video but Christianity views itself as the fulfillment of God's promise to Israel and obviously grew out of Judaism. The religions are at odds now, though, but grew out of the same root. A Christian wouldn't recognize Islam as valid because it contradicts the Gospels. I personally see no reason whatsoever to accept anything Muhammad said about himself or anything the Qur'an says about Christ over what the NT says.

Accept that Allah is the God of Abraham....

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Well for one, I have the Q'uran, so i do know about Islam very much.
I also know that Muhammad could not read or write, but had his wife read and write for him.
Seeing Muhammad could not read or write, As to how would muhammad know what his wife had written down.

Seeing also that Muhammad had his son to divorce his wife, so that Muhammad could marry her.

Seeing also in the Q'uran, that Jews and Christians are infidel's, are to be killed.and anyone else, who does accept Islam.

Big difference between Islam and Christians, Christians do not go about killing people just because they do not accept Christianity.

Also seeing that the Q'uran copied the bible.

Seeing the old testament in the Bible, out dates the q'uran by about 3000 years.
And the New testament in the Bible, out dates the q'uran by about 625 years.
The Q'uran was written around in the year 625.
So who copied who ?

The Qur'an was not copied, and let us talk about the fact that Jews do think that Christians are idolaters

Faithofchristian

The Qur'an was not copied, and let us talk about the fact that Jews do think that Christians are idolaters

So how is it that alot things that are written in the Qur'an are found in the Bible. But been twisted to say the opposite what the Bible will say.

That all depends on which Jews your referring to.
Jews have been saying this, since the time of the disciples of Christ Jesus.
So it's nothing new,
If to what you say, is true, Then why is Israel good friends with the USA, seeing the USA is a Christian Nation.
Israel and the USA as been good friends for over 100 hundred years or so.

Last edited:

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
So how is it that alot things that are written in the Qur'an are found in the Bible.

Where in the Bible does it say God is the "Lord of the Worlds?"

Where in the Bible does it speak about embryology?

Among many other subjects not brought up in the Bible

If to what you say, is true, Then why is Israel good friends with the USA, seeing the USA is a Christian Nation.
Israel and the USA as been good friends for over 100 hundred years or so.

Well for one, USA is not a Christian nation, and if it was, my ancestors would not be in slavery nor would its descendants like myself would be subject to systemic racism. Also, this nation was founded on the principle of secularism, this is why the people from England left to get away from religious CHRISTIAN monarchy. If this was a Christian nation why do Jews still face anti-Semitism? If this is a Christian nation why are the poor marginalized?

Now that I've refuted that notion of a Christian nation let me also add that Israel is a friend to USA because USA is a super power and evangelicals are behind Israel not just because of some bogus prophetic reason, but because of political reasons concerning the region. The United States in my opinion does not truly care about Israel, and neither does the average American (if this were so again like I said crimes regarding anti-Semitism would not exist).

But hey let me show you what this Jew thinks of your faith

Last edited:

Faithofchristian

Where in the Bible does it say God is the "Lord of the Worlds?"

Where in the Bible does it speak about embryology?

Among many other subjects not brought up in the Bible

Well for one, USA is not a Christian nation, and if it was, my ancestors would not be in slavery nor would its descendants like myself would be subject to systemic racism. Also, this nation was founded on the principle of secularism, this is why the people from England left to get away from religious CHRISTIAN monarchy. If this was a Christian nation why do Jews still face anti-Semitism? If this is a Christian nation why are the poor marginalized?

Now that I've refuted that notion of a Christian nation let me also add that Israel is a friend to USA because USA is a super power and evangelicals are behind Israel not just because of some bogus prophetic reason, but because of political reasons concerning the region. The United States in my opinion does not truly care about Israel, and neither does the average American (if this were so again like I said crimes regarding anti-Semitism would not exist).

But hey let me show you what this Jew thinks of your faith

As you ask, where in bible does it say God is "Lord of the world's"

Bible, Hebrews 1:2--"Has in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, Whom he has appointed heir of all things, by whom he also made the World's"

The Definition of Embryology, The formation and development of an Embryo.

You know, that before a child is born, they are an Embryo in the womb of their mother,
Is this not right.

Therefore God Formed the ( embryo ) Prophet Jeremiah in the womb of his mother.
Bible Jeremiah 1:5--"Before I formed you in the belly, I knew you, and before you came forth out of the womb I Sanctified you, and I ordained you a Prophet unto the nation's"

There you have it. That God formed the embryo in the womb of Porphet Jeremiah mother.

Hey let me let you know I also am an Israelite of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Aser. But yet a Christian.

Do you do know the definition of a Christian is.
a follower of Christ.
Christian abbreviated = Christian = Christ

The disciples of Christ were of Israel.
Paul is an Israelite of the tribe of Benjamin.

You could say me and Paul and are brothers, seeing we are Israelite.
Paul Israelite of the tribe of Benjamin
And me Israelite of the tribe of Aser.

USA is a friend to Israel, Because many in the USA are Israelites, unto which makes USA and Israel brothers.

You do know that back in Egypt at the time of Moses and Israel, That the people and the Pharaoh's of Egypt were African's.

You do know what that means my people Israel were in slavery to African's. So that means you own my people Israel 200 hundred years.
Seeing my people Israel was in slavery for
400 hundred years under the African's.of Egypt. Now isn't that amazing.

Maybe watch this video

Last edited:

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Bible, Hebrews 1:2--"Has in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, Whom he has appointed heir of all things, by whom he also made the World's"

What is the Hebrew word for "Worlds" in conjunction with the verse you've mentioned?

Therefore God Formed the ( embryo ) Prophet Jeremiah in the womb of his mother.
Bible Jeremiah 1:5--"Before I formed you in the belly, I knew you, and before you came forth out of the womb I Sanctified you, and I ordained you a Prophet unto the nation's"

This does not speak of embryology in the same context as in the Qur'an...Fail

You could say me and Paul and are brothers, seeing we are Israelite.
Paul Israelite of the tribe of Benjamin
And me Israelite of the tribe of Aser.

USA is a friend to Israel, Because many in the USA are Israelites, unto which makes USA and Israel brothers.

You do know that back in Egypt at the time of Moses and Israel, That the people and the Pharaoh's of Egypt were African's.

You do know what that means my people Israel were in slavery to African's. So that means you own my people Israel 200 hundred years.
Seeing my people Israel was in slavery for
400 hundred years under the African's.of Egypt. Now isn't that amazing.

The above has to be the most asinine delusion that I've read as of yet. You aren't even Jewish and Jews at least orthodoxy does not even accept Christian theology. I also noticed that you play "but he took the cookie to" and deflected from my previous comment which is typical of a Christian who has no academic foundation in theology. Dude you couldn't even address the Yemeni Jew who clearly states that Christians do not worship the God of Israel, your friend.

Your "friends" do not even like you....

Last edited: