• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is in a name: Why are Christians readily accepting of Judaic theology and not Islamic theology?

Muffled

Jesus in me
:):D:):D

Take it easy, please support your allegation by trnslated verses of Quran or point to the number of chapters and verses or keep silent. dont say Quran says so and so but report the verses to know what you are talking about. saying Quran is encouraging killing jews without reporting the actual verse is pointless.

get these verses and before that you need to study the context of each verse.

I believe i have read the Qu'ran with the guidance of the Holy Spirit and saw nothing about encouraging the killing of Jews.

rosends

I believe that means that a Jewish understanding is more important than what God says or does.

No, the Jewish understanding is what God says and does.

How then does that work for Daniel Most of his prophecies did not occur until well after he made them. Is there a time limit on fulfillment.

You might want to research why Daniel, in Judaism is NOT considered a prophet.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Well Frank I respect your beliefs nonetheless even though we diverge on these issues.
I forgot to add that Christianity wouldn't accept the beliefs of Rabbinic Judaism, either. Obviously they reject Christ as Messiah (with some even cursing Him), whereas the Muslims do and even believe in the Virgin Birth and that Mary is ever-virgin. So there are some points of commonality between Christians and Muslims and points of contention between religious Jews and Christians.

From the Catechism of the Catholic Church:

839 "Those who have not yet received the Gospel are related to the People of God in various ways."325

The relationship of the Church with the Jewish People. When she delves into her own mystery, the Church, the People of God in the New Covenant, discovers her link with the Jewish People,326 "the first to hear the Word of God."327 The Jewish faith, unlike other non-Christian religions, is already a response to God's revelation in the Old Covenant. To the Jews "belong the sonship, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the worship, and the promises; to them belong the patriarchs, and of their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ",328 "for the gifts and the call of God are irrevocable."329

840 And when one considers the future, God's People of the Old Covenant and the new People of God tend towards similar goals: expectation of the coming (or the return) of the Messiah. But one awaits the return of the Messiah who died and rose from the dead and is recognized as Lord and Son of God; the other awaits the coming of a Messiah, whose features remain hidden till the end of time; and the latter waiting is accompanied by the drama of not knowing or of misunderstanding Christ Jesus.

841 The Church's relationship with the Muslims. "The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind's judge on the last day."330
CCC - PART 1 SECTION 2 CHAPTER 3 ARTICLE 9 PARAGRAPH 3

Last edited: