• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is heaven like?

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
th

Tabu

The general description of Paradise in Islam is that what no eye ever seen, ear heard of or come to the mind
This description is taken from an hadith , so Muslims from other sects may have degrees of disagreement with it.
If this has to be believed two question will arise
1) Did Prophet not see Paradise on his Night journey and have visions of Paradise on many other occasions.?
2) What were The Gardens in which Adam and Eve were residing , Was it not paradise?

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
This description is taken from an hadith , so Muslims from other sects may have degrees of disagreement with it.
If this has to be believed two question will arise
1) Did Prophet not see Paradise on his Night journey and have visions of Paradise on many other occasions.?
2) What were The Gardens in which Adam and Eve were residing , Was it not paradise?

Valid and well put argument, ma'am. It is a matter of beliefs of course. We could also say Christians, for example, are included in this argument. Respect to all. We may say "according to Sunnah" then. Sorry for not clarifying that earlier. That Hadeeth could even be false after all, but that was a description nonetheless. I think that's what the thread is all about, if I'm on the right track.

It is believed that Paradise is vast. Not sure, but even if they did see it, it wouldn't be all of it. No single or couple person/people are enough to describe it. It could also exclude those three. That's actually a good argument you bring there that could render the Hadeeth unauthentic

Forgive me, but I'm afraid I don't have answers to your questions. I merely answered the OP, specially the only blessing non suffering eternity part.

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
As a "brain dead" (4 days) returned Death experiencer, i disagree..
but you are entitled to your belief as i am mine ....

You did not go through rigor mortis.
You did not decompose.

Therefore you experienced clinical death, even though your cells were kept alive. You did not experience legal death.

Nothing left to say.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Of heaven is like the Christian heaven, where we are all skipping around holding hands and patting lions and tigers, well that isn't for me, I would rather be in hell where I can get drunk and over all really enjoy myself.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Be informed, best wines and liquors are not banned in Indra's heaven. And the best dancers to entertain people. :D

“They will never fall ill, blow their noses or spit.” (Saheeh Al-Bukhari)
“They relieve themselves by perspiring through their skins, and its fragrance will be that of musk, and all stomachs will have become lean.” (ibn Hibbaan)
“No person knows what is kept hidden for them of joy as a reward for what they used to do.” (Quran 32:17)
http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/11/pleasures-of-paradise-part-1/

Last edited:

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I personally believe that many need the belief of heaven because they are unstable, they are afraid of life, they don't know how to live life, so of course they hope for a better life, but they are only fooling themselves, this life is it !............live it to its fullness, and don't wast it on childish wishful thinking of a better life.

The Transcended Omniverse

I personally believe that many need the belief of heaven because they are unstable, they are afraid of life, they don't know how to live life, so of course they hope for a better life, but they are only fooling themselves, this life is it !............live it to its fullness, and don't wast it on childish wishful thinking of a better life.
There is a positive and there is a negative to this. The positive is that we have this one life to cherish. The negative is that I, as a precious human being, will just rot and decay when I die. That is demeaning of my value as a human being and I see that as a very negative and insulting thing. It is completely insulting to my value as a human being.

If, for example, a member of my family said to me that I am very special even though I will forever decay one day, then that to me is an insulting joke. Actually, if this is all I am as a human being and I am not some divine eternal soul that persists after death, then I wouldn't even consider myself valuable and special in the first place. I would deem myself as inferior and loathsome regardless of who I am as a person and what I do with my life.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
There is a positive and there is a negative to this. The positive is that we have this one life to cherish. The negative is that I, as a precious human being, will just rot and decay when I die. That is demeaning of my value as a human being and I see that as a very negative and insulting thing. It is completely insulting to my value as a human being.

If, for example, a member of my family said to me that I am very special even though I will forever decay one day, then that to me is an insulting joke. Actually, if this is all I am as a human being and I am not some divine eternal soul that persists after death, then I wouldn't even consider myself valuable and special in the first place. I would deem myself as inferior and loathsome regardless of who I am as a person and what I do with my life.
Get over it, your going to rote or be burnt, don't cling to stupid childish beliefs just to make yourself feel better.

The Transcended Omniverse

Get over it, your going to rote or be burnt, don't cling to stupid childish beliefs just to make yourself feel better.
I don't wish to cling to false beliefs. I wish to know what is true here. If it is true that I really am a divine eternal soul, then I would deem myself as the most valuable and precious person to myself. But if I die and that's it, then I would inflict harm upon myself since I would now be utterly inferior to myself. I would no longer have anymore value to myself.