• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is heaven like?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I don't wish to cling to false beliefs. I wish to know what is true here. If it is true that I really am a divine eternal soul, then I would deem myself as the most valuable and precious person to myself. But if I die and that's it, then I would inflict harm upon myself since I would now be utterly inferior to myself. I would no longer have anymore value to myself.
Yes and get use to the latter, because there is no after life........now, start living baby.:)

The Transcended Omniverse

Yes and get use to the latter, because there is no after life........now, start living baby.:)
I remain agnostic though. So I will just live this life for now and hope that when I die, there is that eternal blissful afterlife since that is the only life worth living to me. A life where I can be forever happy, live forever, and don't have to suffer at all is the only life worth living to me. It is the greatest life I could ever ask for. It would be a life all meant for me.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I remain agnostic though. So I will just live this life for now and hope that when I die, there is that eternal blissful afterlife since that is the only life worth living to me. A life where I can be forever happy, live forever, and don't have to suffer at all is the only life worth living to me. It is the greatest life I could ever ask for. It would be a life all meant for me.
Why not be happy here and NOW, are you greedy ?.

Why not be happy here and NOW, are you greedy ?.
I am not happy in a life that has suffering and misery. I am only happy and optimistic in a life free of those loathsome things. I would also not be happy knowing that I will just forever die one day and that be the end of me. This is because I would be utterly inferior and of no value to myself anymore if this was the case. So I am hoping that I am an eternal soul.

Life would also have less meaning to me knowing that I don't get to have the eternal blissful life I value so much. So let's pretend that an eternal blissful life really did exist, then that would make this life more meaningful since that would mean I get to live forever, be forever happy, and don't have to worry about any suffering, illness, misery, disease, or death anymore.

I would finally be free. I would finally be free to live happy for all eternity and that, to me, is all that matters and is the most sacred gift to me.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I am not happy in a life that has suffering and misery. I am only happy and optimistic in a life free of those loathsome things. I would also not be happy knowing that I will just forever die one day and that be the end of me. This is because I would be utterly inferior and of no value to myself anymore if this was the case. So I am hoping that I am an eternal soul.

Life would also have less meaning to me knowing that I don't get to have the eternal blissful life I value so much. So let's pretend that an eternal blissful life really did exist, then that would make this life more meaningful since that would mean I get to live forever, be forever happy, and don't have to worry about any suffering, illness, misery, disease, or death anymore.

I would finally be free. I would finally be free to live happy for all eternity and that, to me, is all that matters and is the most sacred gift to me.
It just ain't going to happen, I feel sorry for you that you can't enjoy your life here and NOW, if you cannot enjoy your life here and NOW, then how are you going to live a imaginary life ?.

It just ain't going to happen, I feel sorry for you that you can't enjoy your life here and NOW, if you cannot enjoy your life here and NOW, then how are you going to live a imaginary life ?.
Like I said, I hope it is not an imaginary life. I am agnostic and don't know if heaven is real or not. But getting what I want in life is the only thing that makes me happy and is the only thing that makes my life worth living and meaningful. Things I don't want are things I do not value and, therefore, do not make me happy and do not make my life worth living.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls

Yeah, baby, yeah!

th

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Not for me. The only thing I value in life are the things I want. Anything I don't want has no value to me. Therefore, since I want an eternal blissful life, then that is the only life I value. I do not value a finite life that consists of suffering, misery, and unhappiness.

But there is no guarantee of an eternal blissful life. I would advise looking for something worthwhile in your current existence.

What were you when you before you were born, well its the same when you die, get use to it bay.
That's not what I want though. That, to me, is the worst thing that could happen to me even though it would be completely painless. Never existing again would be the worst thing to me and that is not what I want.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
That's not what I want though. That, to me, is the worst thing that could happen to me even though it would be completely painless. Never existing again would be the worst thing to me and that is not what I want.
Can't you see you only want your own way, it just wont happen, you are here for a short time, don't wast that on hoping for a better future, if you truly live your life, when your life comes to an end, you will be happy to retire from this, and you wont leave it kicking and screaming..........yes learn to live here and NOW.

Can't you see you only want your own way, it just wont happen, you are here for a short time, don't wast that on hoping for a better future, if you truly live your life, when your life comes to an end, you will be happy to retire from this, and you wont leave it kicking and screaming..........yes learn to live here and NOW.
I give up when I don't get what I want. I give up when things don't go my way. So if this is truly the only life I have, then I am just going to give up on it since that is not what I want.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I give up when I don't get what I want. I give up when things don't go my way. So if this is truly the only life I have, then I am just going to give up on it since that is not what I want.
Yes, you are a very selfish person, you need to do more self inquiry.

Yes, you are a very selfish person, you need to do more self inquiry.
But at least I am not a cruel selfish person. I don't go out harming innocent people or taking from the poor. But, to me, a selfless person is a devoid person. They are like a walking empty canvas. The beautiful picture of the ego needs to be painted upon that canvas to give it life.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
But at least I am not a cruel selfish person. I don't go out harming innocent people or taking from the poor. But, to me, a selfless person is a devoid person. They are like a walking empty canvas. The beautiful picture of the ego needs to be painted upon that canvas to give it life.
Yes but here you are wanting, and wanting.........wanting a better life, yes you are selfish.

Yes but here you are wanting, and wanting.........wanting a better life, yes you are selfish.
I said I was selfish. But I stated that I wasn't a cruel selfish person. Also, even if I was no longer a selfish person anymore, I would still have no desire to live for others, make the world a better place, help others, etc.

Last edited: