• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is heaven like?

ukok102nak

Now I am agnostic. I do not know if there is a heaven or not. But if there is, then what is it like? Is it an eternal blissful life that has no misery and no suffering? If so, then that is the life worth living to me and I will stick around in this life and bear through any suffering and misery in this life so that I can get that life since that is the ultimate life worth living to me.

That is my only reason for sticking around in this life. If I was not an agnostic and thought that there was no afterlife, then I would just give up on this life immediately and take myself out of it right here and now. Even though I am kind towards my family, the fact that they would grieve over my suicide will not change anything.

There is no way I am living a life of unhappiness and misery and I would have to take myself out of such a life. Me having a blissful life that has as little suffering and misery as possible is the only life worth living to me.

I came here to be happy and have no misery in my life since that is the only experience that makes my life worth living. Everything else and all other experiences are completely empty and devoid to me. So I do hope that me choosing to stay in this life anyway will pay off later and that I will get the ultimate eternal blissful life.

~;> what kind of humans could last
unto this reality without their
loved ones
especially in everlasting life in heaven

as they say
no human is an island
so its better if someone can hold on unto what is good and cannot lie
along side with their loved ones
than nothing at all

833249638.jpg

:ty:

godbless
unto all always

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Now I am agnostic. I do not know if there is a heaven or not. But if there is, then what is it like? Is it an eternal blissful life that has no misery and no suffering? If so, then that is the life worth living to me and I will stick around in this life and bear through any suffering and misery in this life so that I can get that life since that is the ultimate life worth living to me.

That is my only reason for sticking around in this life. If I was not an agnostic and thought that there was no afterlife, then I would just give up on this life immediately and take myself out of it right here and now. Even though I am kind towards my family, the fact that they would grieve over my suicide will not change anything.

There is no way I am living a life of unhappiness and misery and I would have to take myself out of such a life. Me having a blissful life that has as little suffering and misery as possible is the only life worth living to me.

I came here to be happy and have no misery in my life since that is the only experience that makes my life worth living. Everything else and all other experiences are completely empty and devoid to me. So I do hope that me choosing to stay in this life anyway will pay off later and that I will get the ultimate eternal blissful life.
I have heard...God's Favored lost position and was thrown out

so.....no such thing as a secured position
and...the loss was dealt over an argument
therefore...peace can be disturbed and consequences dealt

I believe in life after death
I believe there is peace in heaven and that peace is guarded.

I also believe a line drawn
you will end up alongside others who think and feel like you do

How else to be happy?
How else to be fair?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Even that verse does not say the word heaven. And what about all the verses that say Jesus is coming bac to earth.

I believe Jesus is represented as being in Heaven so that means people can be there with Him just as He said. Here is one that does:
I Peter 1:3 ¶ Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to his great mercy begat us again unto a living hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4 unto an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

I believe none of them say that a person can't be in Heaven.

Muffled

Jesus in me
So, the young kids spirits, or souls (or whatever spiritual) that died at birth, or before that, will not be able to appreciate that? Assuming they go to Heaven, of course.

Ciao

- viole

I believe I wouldn't assume that children who die go to Heaven.
I believe children who die at birth will appreciate whatever they appreciated in their previous lives.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I believe I wouldn't assume that children who die go to Heaven.
I believe children who die at birth will appreciate whatever they appreciated in their previous lives.

Previous lives?

Are you a Hindu?

Ciao

- viole

lostwanderingsoul

John 3:13 "No man has ascended into Heaven" Acts 2:34 "David has not ascended to Heaven". Our inheritence may be reserved in Heaven but that does not prove anyone goes there. Your money may be reserved in a bank but you do not go to the bank every time you want money. You write a check or use a debit card. And you do not go to the bank when you die. Jesus said He is coming back to earth to be with His people so why would they go to Heaven? They will be with him in his kingdom on earth.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I believe in a Christian view of reincarnation and find the Hindu and Buddhist versions faulty.

And what on earth is Christian reincarnation? I don't remember that having been mentioned at sunday school, but It could very well be that my memory is failing me.

Ciao

- viole

Muffled

Jesus in me
John 3:13 "No man has ascended into Heaven" Acts 2:34 "David has not ascended to Heaven". Our inheritence may be reserved in Heaven but that does not prove anyone goes there. Your money may be reserved in a bank but you do not go to the bank every time you want money. You write a check or use a debit card. And you do not go to the bank when you die. Jesus said He is coming back to earth to be with His people so why would they go to Heaven? They will be with him in his kingdom on earth.

Rev. 6:11 And there was given them to each one a white robe; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little time, until their fellow-servants also and their brethren, who should be killed even as they were, should have fulfilled their course.

I believe Heaven is a rest from being in the flesh and for me it was a way to recover from the evils of this world. The world does not give anyone rest from evil but assaults us with it every day.

Muffled

Jesus in me
And what on earth is Christian reincarnation? I don't remember that having been mentioned at sunday school, but It could very well be that my memory is failing me.

Ciao

- viole

Most Christian teachers dismiss it as being Hindu belief so you will probably never hear it. It is in the NT.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Anyone refer to Genesis? One of, if not the first introduction to heaven?

Genesis is the first introduction to ' death ' - Genesis 2:17
Genesis is the first introduction to ' paradise ' ( aka Eden )
Jesus is the first introduction to ' heaven ' - John 3:13

To me, No one who lived before Jesus lived was called to heaven, but via resurrection to live forever on Earth. - Acts of the Apostles 2:34
All the faithful listed at Hebrews 11:13; Hebrews 11:39 will have a happy-and-healthy future physical resurrection.
That is why to me the ' future tense ' is used at Acts of the Apostles 24:15 that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection......
God's promise to father Abraham was Not heaven, but earthly blessings - Genesis 12:3; Genesis 22:18
Jesus will fulfill God's promise about earthly blessings - Revelation 22:2
So, the promise Jesus made to the man executed with him was ' paradise ' or an 'earthly resurrection' which will take place on Earth during Jesus' coming millennium-long day of governing over Earth - Matthew 5:5; Psalms 37:10-11,29; Proverbs 2:21-22

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

Please notice that those who govern with Jesus are Not resurrected to earth but have a heavenly resurrection- Revelation 20:6; Revelation 2:10
To me, they govern over Earth from the heavens - Revelation 5:9-10; 1 Corinthians 15:50 ( <- Nothing physical goes to heaven )
Please remember what Jesus taught at John 14:19 that the world will behold ( see ) Jesus No more.
We do Not see spirit persons - Hebrews 9:24, but as Jesus today is head of the Christian congregation - Ephesians 5:23 - we can see the effects of his governing - John 13:34-35 - among genuine followers.
So, the majority of people can have the opportunity to live forever on Earth as originally offered to Adam before his downfall.
Most people can have a happy-and-healthy future physical resurrection during Jesus' 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth.
And those alive on Earth at the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth - Matthew 25:31-33,37 - can remain alive on Earth, and continue to live on Earth right into the start of Jesus' millennium-long day of governing over Earth, and to be part of the first to inherit the Earth - Matthew 5:5

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.

No one knows what Heaven is like because once you die and move on, you don't come back to write an essay about it.

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
Ah but some do indeed return to write about it.... check out reports of nDEs

No they do not. I have been over this.

What they experienced was clinical death. They died for a few minutes on the operating table or something and then were brought back. Their heart stopped, but their brains are sill active with neurons firing and going through changes due to a lack of blood and oxygen. That is not what I refer to.

Then there is legally dead. That is the person that dies, goes through rigor mortis and their body starts to decompose. No one comes back from that. When someone does then we can talk. Until then, there is nothing worth talking about on the subject of NDEs.

Eliab ben Benjamin

Premium Member
As a "brain dead" (4 days) returned Death experiencer, i disagree..
but you are entitled to your belief as i am mine ....

Tabu

BrahmaKumari Perspective of Heaven and Hell

Heaven and Hell are as day and night. When it is the day, it is not the night and the other way round. They don’t exist together at one and the same time.
Heaven is the Day of Knowledge and Hell is the night of devotion.
Every religion remembers Heaven and Hell. Heaven and Hell are not in the sky and underground. The soul does not go to Heaven or Hell after leaving the body. There is no other life than life on earth. There is no other Earth than where we live on. The soul definitely leaves one body and takes another whilst on earth.
In Heaven the souls have soul consciousness. Whilst in the body it knows it’s a soul. In Hell the soul has body-consciousness. Whilst in a body, it thinks it is the body, that’s why it experiences suffering when in and while leaving the body.
In Heaven, Children give happiness to parents and parents give happiness to children. In Hell raising children is stressful.
In Heaven there is only one family, only one religion, only one kingdom, only one country, only one language . In Hell there are many families, many religions, many kingdoms, many countries, many languages.
In Heaven the soul has divine virtues, it follows the highest code of conduct, it is nonviolent, viceless and egoless. In Hell the soul acquires devilish traits, lust, anger, greed, attachment, ego.
In Heaven there is peace and happiness. In hell there is peaclessness and sorrow.
In Heaven the soul is pure. In hell impure
Heaven is the new world. Hell Is the old world
Heaven is the young sapling. Hell is the old tree.
In heaven we play with jewels – means in the intellect we hold valuable things, in the hell we get pricked by thorns –stress, tension, hatred , envy, diseases...
In heaven the water is pure it goes down the mountain passes through medical herbs and takes the fragrance it is powerful and sweet. In hell its chemicals.
In heaven there is no work, in hell there is no rest .
Heaven is the garden of roses , Hell is the jungle of thorns.
In heaven there is always spring, Hell has unpredictable seasons.
In heaven there are no illnesses, doctors, lawyers crimes, jails, in hell everyone is a criminal, ill. .
In heaven man and woman are like milk and sugar, in hell they are enemies and fight with one another.
The new world of Heaven is completely nonviolent. The old world of Hell is completely violent.
Everything is new in the new world, everything gives happiness. Everything is old in the old world, everything gives sorrow.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
The general description of Paradise in Islam is that what no eye ever seen, ear heard of or come to the mind. There are some specific descriptions in the Quraan for some of its qualities including that it has running rivers that never stop nor end, all negative emotions are taken away of the hearts, all faces have good impression, good deeds are credited with more than one did, no foulness is heard or felt, all desired and craved foods are available, and some others. The Sunnah on the other hand has it that who goes to Paradise is always blessed and never denied a thing, their wear never gets old, youth is eternal, shades are eternal and always pleasant, bodies are healthy with no excrement, spitting or mucus, always kind and good mannered, sweat smells like musk, no sickness, and some others.

It is also taught in Islam that Paradise is eternal and physical as this life is.

I hope this helps.