• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is God's highest priority?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If Earth is important then millions of planets that didn't become life bearers are also important because there isn't one without the other.
Baha'u'llah wrote that there are other worlds that have life on them. That is one reason why God is called the Lord of all worlds.

“Verily I say, the creation of God embraceth worlds besides this world, and creatures apart from these creatures. In each of these worlds He hath ordained things which none can search except Himself, the All-Searching, the All-Wise. Do thou meditate on that which We have revealed unto thee, that thou mayest discover the purpose of God, thy Lord, and the Lord of all worlds. In these words the mysteries of Divine Wisdom have been treasured.”
Gleanings, pp. 152-153

Ajax

If Earth is important then millions of planets that didn't become life bearers are also important because there isn't one without the other.
I was replying to someone who said that God's priority was MAN.
Glad to see you agreeing that all billions upon billions of planets (whether they are life bearers or not) are his priority too.
I wonder though if God created life in other planets, has he given them a different Genesis to study/follow?:laughing:

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
From the Amplified Bible, Classic Edition:
2 Timothy 3:16 Every Scripture is God-breathed (given by His inspiration) and profitable for instruction, for reproof and conviction of sin, for correction of error and discipline in obedience, [and] for training in righteousness (in holy living, in conformity to God’s will in thought, purpose, and action),
17 So that the man of God may be complete and proficient, well fitted and thoroughly equipped for every good work.
You do learn something from the Bible, and it does help us to be righteous, but I don't agree that Bible writers were God's secretaries. I don't agree with this scripture either that every scripture in the Bible.is given by inspiration.
Why ? Why Not agree because the Bible is chock full of corresponding or parallel verses and passages.
That shows the internal harmony among the many Bible writers.
Jesus often prefaced his statement words with, 'it is written....' meaning already written down in the old Hebrew Scriptures.
Thus, Jesus used logical reasoning on the OT on which to base his teachings for us.
Jesus believed that Scripture is ' religious truth ' - John 17:17

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I was replying to someone who said that God's priority was MAN.
Glad to see you agreeing that all billions upon billions of planets (whether they are life bearers or not) are his priority too.
I wonder though if God created life in other planets, has he given them a different Genesis to study/follow?:laughing:
Adam and Eve were the first.
In other words, there will Not be intelligent life on other planets until the 'sin issue' is settled here on Earth.
This way Earth will set the precedent for life elsewhere.
There would be No reason to settle the sin issue ever again once it is settled here.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
..........................I wonder though if God created life in other planets, has he given them a different Genesis to study/follow?:laughing:
Genesis 2:17 is the standard for all planets.
By breaking God's Law in effect Adam took the Law out of God's hands and put the Law into man's hands.
Adam set up People Rule as being superior to God Rule.
Only the passing of time would settle that issue.
The passing of time has also allowed for us to be born and think who we would like as sovereign over us.
Once the 'sin issue' that started with Adam is settled here on Earth then there could be intelligent life on other planets.
There would be No need to repeat that again because Earth will stand as a model, a precedent for all the universe.

Ajax

Adam and Eve were the first.
In other words, there will Not be intelligent life on other planets until the 'sin issue' is settled here on Earth.
This way Earth will set the precedent for life elsewhere.
There would be No reason to settle the sin issue ever again once it is settled here.
Are you still believing in Adam and Eve? And that the world is 7-6000 years old? Speaking snakes and donkeys too?
Good for you if you find comfort with these things.
Genesis 2:17 is the standard for all planets.
By breaking God's Law in effect Adam took the Law out of God's hands and put the Law into man's hands.
Adam set up People Rule as being superior to God Rule.
Only the passing of time would settle that issue.
The passing of time has also allowed for us to be born and think who we would like as sovereign over us.
Once the 'sin issue' that started with Adam is settled here on Earth then there could be intelligent life on other planets.
There would be No need to repeat that again because Earth will stand as a model, a precedent for all the universe.
Right...:rolleyes:
We don't want any sovereign over us and if we have to, we elect those that we think fit us best.

Furthermore the fairy tale of Genesis has numerous ridiculousness. Two adults with a brain of a baby, without knowledge of good and evil can not break any law. They believe whoever tells them what to do. Additionally the omniscient God who knew very well what would happened in the story, somehow didn't know and accept the fact that two "brainless" persons, could not realize that they committed any crime, let alone the worst crime in human history. And that the Son of God himself had to die for this. But he forgave the people who killed him, because they didn't know what they were doing...:facepalm:

Last edited:
Matthew 24
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

The Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory is not referring to Jesus.

Who is the Son of man who will come in the clouds of heaven?

Son of man coming in the clouds means that the return of Christ will appear in the form of another human being. The term “clouds” as used in the Bible means those things that are contrary to the ways and desires of men. Just like the physical clouds prevent the eyes of men from beholding the sun, these things hindered men from recognizing the return of Christ.

In other words, the judgment of most people was clouded when Christ returned and it is still clouded for most people.

One thing that clouds the judgment of Christians is their desire for the same Jesus to return to earth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Luke 19:15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.

This chapter is about Jesus when He was alive on earth 2000 years ago. It has nothing to do with the return of Jesus to this earth.

That is why the chapter begins:
Luke 19:1 And Jesus entered and passed through Jericho.

Hi Trailblazer,

Yeah, I am not super familiar with Baha'i (sp) interpretation of scripture but I know as a witness I might also disagree with the mainframe understanding of these scriptures as well. I would disagree differently but my disagreement stems from my religious upbringing and not from scholarly analysis of the scriptures. Even here I can lose arguments. If I go with BYU or it doesn't matter what interpretation I pick I will have people that agree and disagree.

I found in the past that the reason I disagree with some people is not based on real things in the world but just my current understanding of things in the world which is not very malleable. People are often Stans, fanboys or gals or, zealots for their beliefs. (My argument on don't have heroes)

My unresearched but current understanding of Baha'i (sp) is an attempt to unify all religions and say your Jehovah is just a different way of understanding my Allah and your Ra is just another way of thinking about Zeus etc. Maybe you might see Luke as guidance given to humanity by the divine to see the ongoing fulfillment of prophecy as opposed to Jesus coming back. (I'm probably way off track here, very new religion for me to ponder but interesting)

I hope all is well!

Why the hell would it matter if Jesus rose from the grave physically? It makes no difference whatsoever to anyone's salvation! NONE.
The cross sacrifice is what conferred salvation on humanity. As soon as Jesus died on the cross His work was finished on earth.
Yet again you don't understand the importance of true christianity and who Christ Jesus really is

Paul said it most clear

I Corinthians 15:13-18
If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. 14 And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is worthless, and so is your faith. 15 In that case, we are also exposed as false witnesses about God. For we have testified about God that He raised Christ from the dead, but He did not raise Him if in fact the dead are not raised.…
16 Or if the dead are not raised, then not even Christ has been raised. 17And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. 18Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished.

John 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Christians have their priorities all messed up, thinking the bodily resurrection of Jesus matters. It doesn't matter one iota.
Only the teachings of Jesus and the cross sacrifice matter.
What jesus clearly meant was that the work ( the Only means by which salvation was provided for all mankind and He Alone accomplished and satisfied God's demand of judgement for our sins) THAT IS WHAT IS FINISHED, NOTJesus Christ!, nor his work on this earth and certainly not the PERFECT KINGDOM Jesus will set up at the Last TRUMPET. THE New Jerusalem on this earth that he alone will rule as KING OF KINGS and LORD OF LORDS! FOR There is no other messiah, King, Lord, messiah, OTHER THAN JESUS CHRIST nor any other Kingdom other than what Jesus Christ establishes.
The Cross was by NO means the end but Entirely only the Beginning. That was just the beginning of the NEW Birth for all who believe in JESUS CHRIST, the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the World.
Jesus Christ is now building his Church (A Body of Believers in Him, where is He ALone is the Head,) He said he is the vine and we are the branches and WE CAN DO NOTHING WITHOUT HIM. This and all truths about the continuing work of Jesus Christ will contiune until he Comes and judges those who reject him.
He is the First (Physical) Born of all creation! The Last Adam. He is the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last. He is the Root and Offspring of David and every single knee including yours will bow before him and Confess Jesus Christ is Lord.

The question for everyone past present and future, is whether we did it, do it or will do it willingly on this side of eternity, ................or regrettably by recognizing Jesus to Be Lord only on Judgement day

SO, We Christians,........Our priorities, our Hope, and our entire Faith and Eternal existence depends on whether or Not Jesus Christ rose form the dead, and YES Physically!!! And we now by faith know that he is now seated at the right hand of the Father at the Throne, in his rightful place, GOD THE SON!.

Because as per my last post and according to the scriptures, if Christ Jesus did not rise from the dead neither shall anyone ever!!,

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Yet again you don't understand the importance of true christianity and who Christ Jesus really is

Paul said it most clear

I Corinthians 15:13-18
If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. 14 And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is worthless, and so is your faith. 15 In that case, we are also exposed as false witnesses about God. For we have testified about God that He raised Christ from the dead, but He did not raise Him if in fact the dead are not raised.…
16 Or if the dead are not raised, then not even Christ has been raised. 17And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. 18Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished.
I do understand what those verses mean. You are the one who doesn't understand what they mean.
Those verses have absolutely nothing to do with a physical resurrection from the grave, NOTHING.

Won’t the Dead Rise Again?

In a series of “Cult Nights” a local church held to investigate the Baha’i Faith, Pastor Dan’s penultimate “Cult Night” question was about resurrection. He asked:

“Doesn’t the Bible teach a physical Resurrection?”

The Apostle Paul deals with this subject in I Corinthians 15. Theologians use this letter as the foundation of the doctrine that without physical resurrection of the human body, a Christian’s faith is in vain.

Now if Christ is preached that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ is not risen. And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty.

Paul goes on to offer a description of what “resurrection” means. In I Corinthians I 15:35-55, he writes:

But someone will say, “How are the dead raised up? And with what body do they come?” Foolish one, what you sow is not made alive unless it dies. And what you sow, you do not sow that body that shall be, but mere grain… There are also celestial bodies and terrestrial bodies; but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. There is one glory of the sun, another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for one star differs from another star in glory. So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption. It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit….

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed—in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory. O Death, where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory?”

Here, Paul depicts resurrection as spiritual, not physical. He says plainly that the “body” resurrected is not the physical body that is “sown” and that a “natural body” is followed by a “spiritual body”. He makes it clear that this spiritual body is nothing like the physical one, and uses two metaphors to make this point: the difference between mature grain and bare seed, and the difference between a moon and a sun.

A moon, an inert rock that casts no radiance of its own, can only reflect what shines on it — an apt metaphor when applied to the human condition. A sun, made of a different substance altogether, sheds its own radiance. “So also is the resurrection of the dead,” Paul says. “It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body.”

Christ’s resurrection, of course, is the prototype of the resurrection of the human soul. His victory over death illustrates the potential of the believer: “But every man in his own order: Christ the first-fruits; afterward they that are Christ’s at his coming.” (I Corinthians 15:23). It follows that if Christ’s resurrection is a spiritual one, then so must ours be. Paul makes this exact point when he compares and contrasts the “first Adam” (a “living being”) with “the last Adam” (Christ), whom he says is “a life-giving spirit.”

Further, Paul states emphatically that “Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God.” Here he quotes the words of Jesus to Nicodemus. Recall the context for these words originally: Jesus tells Nicodemus he must be reborn—not of flesh, but of the spirit. What, after all, is Christ’s message about real life? Is it the life of the body, or the life of the spirit?

I think this sheds a light on the “mystery” Paul speaks of in the verses above — that all shall not “sleep” (that is, die) but shall be changed. If the change stands for the spiritual transformation of rebirth, this makes perfect sense, since it is something that happens to those who are physically alive, but spiritually dead.

Clearly, Paul does not preach a physical resurrection for Jesus or for us, yet this spiritual resurrection is what he calls upon the believers to have faith in and concludes: “Death is swallowed up in victory. O Death, where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory?”

This seems consistent with what Christ tells us: “the words that I speak to you, they are spirit, and they are life. – John 6:63.

It also reflects the words of Baha’u’llah on the subject, which I shared with a group of Pastor Dan’s congregants:

The nature of the soul after death can never be described, nor is it meet and permissible to reveal its whole character to the eyes of men. … The world beyond is as different from this world as this world is different from that of the child while still in the womb of its mother. When the soul attaineth the Presence of God, it will assume the form that best befitteth its immortality and is worthy of its celestial habitation. – Gleanings from the Writings of Baha’u’llah, p. 157.

Would it surprise you to hear that my new Christian friends agreed that there was no conflict between what Paul and Baha’u’llah said? The soul remains indescribable — a spiritual essence, not a physical one.

Next time: The Baha’i Faith and the Church Councils: Baha’i and Church Doctrine

Read the previous article in the series: False Prophet?

Won’t the Dead Rise Again?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
What jesus clearly meant was that the work ( the Only means by which salvation was provided for all mankind and He Alone accomplished and satisfied God's demand of judgement for our sins) THAT IS WHAT IS FINISHED, NOT Jesus Christ!, nor his work on this earth and certainly not the PERFECT KINGDOM Jesus will set up at the Last TRUMPET. THE New Jerusalem on this earth that he alone will rule as KING OF KINGS and LORD OF LORDS! FOR There is no other messiah, King, Lord, messiah, OTHER THAN JESUS CHRIST nor any other Kingdom other than what Jesus Christ establishes.
Dream on. Jesus is not coming back to this earth. I see you have still been unable to respond to the verses below.

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more.

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
The Cross was by NO means the end but Entirely only the Beginning. That was just the beginning of the NEW Birth for all who believe in JESUS CHRIST, the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the World.
Jesus Christ is now building his Church (A Body of Believers in Him, where is He ALone is the Head,) He said he is the vine and we are the branches and WE CAN DO NOTHING WITHOUT HIM. This and all truths about the continuing work of Jesus Christ will contiune until he Comes and judges those who reject him.
The cross what the end of Jesus' work on earth.

John 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Then men wrote fictitious stories about how Jesus rose from the dead. Those stories mislead missions of people. That is not funny, it is sad.
Because as per my last post and according to the scriptures, if Christ Jesus did not rise from the dead neither shall anyone ever!!,
See the post above for the true meaning of those scriptures.

Nobody is ever going to rise from the dead in a physical body.
Rather, we will all be transformed from a physical body into a spiritual body, as was Jesus when He died.

1 Corinthians 15
New Living Translation

The Resurrection Body

35 But someone may ask, “How will the dead be raised?
What kind of bodies will they have?”

40 There are also bodies in the heavens and bodies on the earth. The glory of the heavenly bodies is different from the glory of the earthly bodies. 41 The sun has one kind of glory, while the moon and stars each have another kind. And even the stars differ from each other in their glory.

42 It is the same way with the resurrection of the dead. Our earthly bodies are planted in the ground when we die, but they will be raised to live forever. 43 Our bodies are buried in brokenness, but they will be raised in glory. They are buried in weakness, but they will be raised in strength. 44 They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies.

50 What I am saying, dear brothers and sisters, is that our physical bodies cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. These dying bodies cannot inherit what will last forever.

51 But let me reveal to you a wonderful secret. We will not all die, but we will all be transformed!

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
Baha'u'llah wrote that there are other worlds that have life on them. That is one reason why God is called the Lord of all worlds.

“Verily I say, the creation of God embraceth worlds besides this world, and creatures apart from these creatures. In each of these worlds He hath ordained things which none can search except Himself, the All-Searching, the All-Wise. Do thou meditate on that which We have revealed unto thee, that thou mayest discover the purpose of God, thy Lord, and the Lord of all worlds. In these words the mysteries of Divine Wisdom have been treasured.”
Gleanings, pp. 152-153
Yes I agree, that is one reason. The other reason is because of the many afterlife worlds.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Yes I agree, that is one reason. The other reason is because of the many afterlife worlds.
Do you mean the 'many worlds' that Baha'u'llah promised we would see in the afterlife?

“O My servants! Sorrow not if, in these days and on this earthly plane, things contrary to your wishes have been ordained and manifested by God, for days of blissful joy, of heavenly delight, are assuredly in store for you. Worlds, holy and spiritually glorious, will be unveiled to your eyes. You are destined by Him, in this world and hereafter, to partake of their benefits, to share in their joys, and to obtain a portion of their sustaining grace. To each and every one of them you will, no doubt, attain.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 329

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
Do you mean the 'many worlds' that Baha'u'llah promised we would see in the afterlife?

“O My servants! Sorrow not if, in these days and on this earthly plane, things contrary to your wishes have been ordained and manifested by God, for days of blissful joy, of heavenly delight, are assuredly in store for you. Worlds, holy and spiritually glorious, will be unveiled to your eyes. You are destined by Him, in this world and hereafter, to partake of their benefits, to share in their joys, and to obtain a portion of their sustaining grace. To each and every one of them you will, no doubt, attain.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 329
Yes, of course.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Are you still believing in Adam and Eve? And that the world is 7-6000 years old? Speaking snakes and donkeys too?
Good for you if you find comfort with these things.
Right...
We don't want any sovereign over us and if we have to, we elect those that we think fit us best.
Furthermore the fairy tale of Genesis has numerous ridiculousness. Two adults with a brain of a baby, without knowledge of good and evil can not break any law. They believe whoever tells them what to do. Additionally the omniscient God who knew very well what would happened in the story, somehow didn't know and accept the fact that two "brainless" persons, could not realize that they committed any crime, let alone the worst crime in human history. And that the Son of God himself had to die for this. But he forgave the people who killed him, because they didn't know what they were doing...:facepalm:
The knowledge found at Genesis 2:17 is Not directed to a baby brain.
Babies don't marry - Genesis 2:24
Babies don't think of names for the animals as Adam did - Genesis 2:19
Plus, all Adam had to do was to step on a bug to know what death is.
God forces No one to worship Him showing we are created with free-will choices.
The Roman soldiers did Not know they were executing God's Son that is why Jesus asked his God to forgive those soldiers.
God chooses Not know individual choices, but He does know and He lets us know that when the powers in charge are saying, " Peace and Security...." as found at 1st Thess. 5:2-3 that saying is the coming ' final signal ', so to speak, before the outbreak of the coming great tribulation of Rev. 7:14
Just like father Adam, most people don't want any Sovereign over them, and man's l-o-n-g history has shown the result of electing those that they think fit us best with the result of Man having dominated Man to Man's hurt, Man's injury - Ecclesiastes 8:9

P.S. by your saying the word 'world' is 6-7,000 years do you mean people or the planet Earth __________
There is Nothing in God's named Genesis 1:10 planet Earth being only thousands of years old.
For that matter there is nothing to say that each of the creative days were of the same or of differing lengths of time.
Just as in English the word 'day' has shades of meaning. ALL of the creative days are summed up by the word 'day' at Gen. 2:4. We speak of 'grandfather's day' and we know that is Not a 24-hour day.
Thus, there seems to be nothing out of harmony with CMBR ( cosmic microwave background radiation ) dating Earth.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I sure hope so because I am getting mighty tired of this material world. ;)
Seems as if healthy people do Not want to pick the day they want to die.
Do we really tire of favorite food, clothing or shelter __________
Is it just the material world or rather materialism __________
The coming world as described in the 35th chapter of Isaiah is a beautiful paradisical world.
A world devoid of violence and wickedness for people of goodwill.