• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is God's highest priority?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I already know that. I have been telling that to Christians for years.
God allows an 'operation of error', so to speak, so if a person wants to believe a lie, loves lies, then God does Not interfere with that person's wrong ideas or belief such as Jesus had a physical body resurrection - 1st Cor. 15:50 .
Also, I find such professing ones won't accept that Jesus did Not resurrect himself but that his God resurrected Jesus.
( Acts 2:24,32; 3:15; 5:30; 10:40; 13:30, 37; Ephesians 1:20; Romans 10:9 B; Colossians 2:12 B; 1st Peter 1:3 etc. )

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The Colossians passage was written before the Gospel of John definitely, and might have inspired this:
1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
In the Amplified Bible, classic edition:
1 In the beginning [before all time] was the Word ([a]Christ), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God Himself.
2 He was present originally with God.
3 All things were made and came into existence through Him; and without Him was not even one thing made that has come into being.
I don't remember seeing that Colossians passage before.
I think that Christ in the Amplified Bible is an interpretation, not a translation. The original word translated as Word, that word was logos. On Goggle it says:
Logos is a Greek word meaning "word, discourse, or reason," and it's the root of logic.
What is logos meaning in the Bible?
Its most basic and common meaning is simply “word,” “speech,” “utterance,” or “message.” The most famous way the Bible uses logos is in reference to Jesus as the Word, such as in John 1:1 : In the beginning was the Word (Logos), and the Word (Logos) was with God, and the Word (Logos) was God.
Everybody seems to assume this "Word" refers to Jesus. I don't think so.
This discussion confuses me, but then it is 5:20 here. I couldn't sleep.

I find God's Word is His written work aka Scripture is God's Word/ speech /message - 2nd Timothy 3:16-17
Also, as God's Spokesman Jesus was the Word (logos) of God. Jesus spoke what God wanted him to speak.
Remember: God had No beginning according to Psalm 90:2
However, pre-human heavenly Jesus had a beginning - Revelation 3:14 B
So, Jesus as the Word (God's Spokesman) was ' in ' the beginning but Not ' before ' the beginning as his God was.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
You are thoroughly indoctrinated to not think for yourself. Poor guy!:(
That was also true in Jesus' day. The religious leaders taught their 'church', so to speak, traditions over Scripture and teaching their religious customs and traditions as being Scripture - Matthew 15:9; Mark 7:7 see also Isaiah 29:13
Such religious teachings were rooted in 'oral traditions' instead of the written Word aka Scripture.
Like today, many teachings are spoken in the 'name of Christianity' but alien compared to Biblical 1st-century Christianity.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Well, if there are aliens, they must have been created by God in his image, mustn't they?:).......................
Adam & Eve were Not created in God's physical image. God is a Spirit person.
God is sinless, and A&E started out sinless. A&E chose to disobey.
So, being created in God's image, His likeness, means all can display God's qualities or attributes.
ALL can choose to display to varying degrees of God's Love, justice, mercy, wisdom........
Once the Adamic ' sin issue ' is settled here on Earth only then there could be aliens, Not before that issue is settled.

dfnj

I would like to pose a question for theists, namely: what is God's top priority? I cannot prove that no god exists, but there are many types of gods that I can prove do not exist.

I know that an omnipotent god whose top priority is preventing rape and murder cannot exist.
I know that an omnipotent god whose top priority is preventing childhood cancer cannot exist.
I know that an omnipotent god whose top priority is preventing starvation cannot exist.
I know that an omnipotent god whose top priority is preventing the extinction of 99% of the species he created cannot exist.
I know that an omnipotent god whose top priority is having a personal relationship with all of his human creations cannot exist.
I know that an omnipotent god whose top priority is having all humans believe in him cannot exist.

I could give many other examples, but I think the point has been made. If God exists, and he is omnipotent, his top priority cannot be any of the above things. So what is God's top priority? Since it seems like one of the items I listed above would be the top priority of the god of classical theism, it almost seems that if God does exist, then his top priority is to make it look like he doesn't exist.

Lately I've been going down a path of atheism. But I will attempt to answer your question since I have spent a lot of time thinking about the idea of an omnipotent God.

Assume for a moment the God we have is a pantheistic type God. Consider the many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics where we have a infinite number of universes in the multi-verse. Whatever the mechanism is that causes reality to repeat, over an incomprehensible amount of time every possible reality, that is, every possible quantum state, is realized. In one universe you marry Susan. And in another universe you marry Jane. In one universe you are saint. And in another universe you are serial killer. In the current universe you have hard determinism driven by the laws of physics where your entire life is driven by fate. But over the entire multi-verse you have free-will because every possible choice you could possibly make gets experienced in reality.

An omnipotent God would then be the idea representing a consciousness experiencing the Multiverse in its entirety. This Multiverse version of God's consciousness is the definition of the word God having the most possible information in its definition.

Therefore, God's highest priority and purpose is the realization of His omnipotence in terms of experiencing every possible reality. Each of us, no matter how insignificant we might feel, is an essential component to the realization of God's omnipotence.