• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is God's highest priority?

Madsaac

IF God exists, he has already completed his highest priority.

To start a universe to see what could happen, the development of the conscience and non conscience in whatever form

He has no thought or priority to care what a bunch of conscience beings are doing on some planet.

Remember, Earth is all but 0.0000000000000000000000000001%* of the Universe

He probably says 'Meh' when someone thinks he has influence over their life. (I'm not saying he doesn't in the individuals mind though)

PearlSeeker

He has no thought or priority to care what a bunch of conscience beings are doing on some planet.

Thought constitutes the greatness of man.

Man is but a reed, the most feeble thing in nature; but he is a thinking reed. The entire universe need not arm itself to crush him. A vapour, a drop of water suffices to kill him. But, if the universe were to crush him, man would still be more noble than that which killed him, because he knows that he dies and the advantage which the universe has over him; the universe knows nothing of this.

All our dignity consists, then, in thought. By it we must elevate ourselves, and not by space and time which we cannot fill. Let us endeavour, then, to think well; this is the principle of morality.

A thinking reed.—It is not from space that I must seek my dignity, but from the government of my thought. I shall have no more if I possess worlds. By space the universe encompasses and swallows me up like an atom; by thought I comprehend the world.

(Pascal, Thoughts)

Madsaac

Thought constitutes the greatness of man.

Man is but a reed, the most feeble thing in nature; but he is a thinking reed. The entire universe need not arm itself to crush him. A vapour, a drop of water suffices to kill him. But, if the universe were to crush him, man would still be more noble than that which killed him, because he knows that he dies and the advantage which the universe has over him; the universe knows nothing of this.

All our dignity consists, then, in thought. By it we must elevate ourselves, and not by space and time which we cannot fill. Let us endeavour, then, to think well; this is the principle of morality.

A thinking reed.—It is not from space that I must seek my dignity, but from the government of my thought. I shall have no more if I possess worlds. By space the universe encompasses and swallows me up like an atom; by thought I comprehend the world.

(Pascal, Thoughts)

Yeah, don't forget my last sentence that you didn't quote "He probably says 'Meh' when someone thinks he has influence over their life. (I'm not saying he doesn't in the individuals mind though)"

You, like Pascal are using your own mind trying to make sense of the world and that's cool but it has nothing to do with God.

Like I said before, 'Gods' highest priority has already been completed.

Pascal might be onto something though when he says "Thought constitutes the greatness of man"

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I would like to pose a question for theists, namely: what is God's top priority? I cannot prove that no god exists, but there are many types of gods that I can prove do not exist.

I know that an omnipotent god whose top priority is preventing rape and murder cannot exist.
I know that an omnipotent god whose top priority is preventing childhood cancer cannot exist.
I know that an omnipotent god whose top priority is preventing starvation cannot exist.
I know that an omnipotent god whose top priority is preventing the extinction of 99% of the species he created cannot exist.
I know that an omnipotent god whose top priority is having a personal relationship with all of his human creations cannot exist.
I know that an omnipotent god whose top priority is having all humans believe in him cannot exist.

I could give many other examples, but I think the point has been made. If God exists, and he is omnipotent, his top priority cannot be any of the above things. So what is God's top priority? Since it seems like one of the items I listed above would be the top priority of the god of classical theism, it almost seems that if God does exist, then his top priority is to make it look like he doesn't exist.

If a God/Creator exists, I expect to find out that their top priority is to allow us to experience life in whatever way we see fit. Without restriction or imposing any penalties for our actions.

That we can return "home" whenever we want to or continue to experience life if we choose to.

When we decide to come home, it will be like waking from a dream and feeling relief that all of the pain and suffering was not real. It was just part of the experience of existing separate from God.

Pain and suffering is just motivation to overcome. Sometimes we succeed, sometimes we fail. But in the end, none of it matters. It was all for the sake of experiencing all possible forms of existence. From the highest to the lowest and everything in between.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
If a God/Creator exists, I expect to find out that their top priority is to allow us to experience life in whatever way we see fit. Without restriction or imposing any penalties for our actions.
That we can return "home" whenever we want to or continue to experience life if we choose to.
When we decide to come home, it will be like waking from a dream and feeling relief that all of the pain and suffering was not real. It was just part of the experience of existing separate from God.
Pain and suffering is just motivation to overcome. Sometimes we succeed, sometimes we fail. But in the end, none of it matters. It was all for the sake of experiencing all possible forms of existence. From the highest to the lowest and everything in between.
'allow to experience.......' but with restriction as found at Gen. 2:17 don't eat from the forbidden tree.
The God-given free will choice is to choose to obey or disobey. Only disobedience leads to death.
In Scripture we can return/go 'home' via resurrection. ( earthly home as promised at Matt.5:5; Psalms 37:9-11; 22-26)
Humble meek people 'home' is returning to life to live life forever on Earth, or for some a heavenly resurrection - Rev. 20:6
The time is coming (Matt. 25:31-34-37) when living people on Earth can remain alive on Earth without dying when Jesus' comes he will do away with 'enemy death' on Earth according to 1st Corinthians 15:24-26.
So, today's 'pain and suffering is temporary because Satan challenges all of us as he did with the man Job (Job 2:4-5)
' Touch our flesh....' ( loose physical health ) and we would Not serve God under adverse conditions.
Both Job and Jesus under very bad conditions proved Satan a liar and so can we.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
IF God exists, he has already completed his highest priority.....................
I find God's highest priority as far as Earth is concerned is that Earth be inhabited - Isaiah 45:18
Inhabited by humble meek people as promised at Matthew 5:5 from Psalms 37:9-11; 22:26
Calamity against the wicked is what awaits the wicked - Psalms 37:38; 92:7; 104:35; 145:20; Proverbs 2:21-22

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
16 Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.
17 Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them, which shall not regard silver; and as for gold, they shall not delight in it.
18 Their bows also shall dash the young men to pieces; and they shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eyes shall not spare children.
Look at how this Lord God punishes the wicked though. He returns evil for evil. His punishment is wickedness toward evil. He will not spare children, and the wives shall be ravished.
The above shows the calamity result of what happened to those wicked ones because of their wickedness.
How God punishes the wicked is found at -> Psalm 37:38; Psalm 92:7; Psalm 104:35; Psalm 145:20; Proverbs 2:21-22
The wicked will be ' destroyed forever '. Resurrection is for the righteous and unrighteous (KJV just and unjust) Acts 24:15
It's the 'sword-like executional words from Jesus' mouth' that will rid the Earth of the wicked.
- Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-15

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
'allow to experience.......' but with restriction as found at Gen. 2:17 don't eat from the forbidden tree.
The God-given free will choice is to choose to obey or disobey. Only disobedience leads to death.
In Scripture we can return/go 'home' via resurrection. ( earthly home as promised at Matt.5:5; Psalms 37:9-11; 22-26)
Humble meek people 'home' is returning to life to live life forever on Earth, or for some a heavenly resurrection - Rev. 20:6
The time is coming (Matt. 25:31-34-37) when living people on Earth can remain alive on Earth without dying when Jesus' comes he will do away with 'enemy death' on Earth according to 1st Corinthians 15:24-26.
So, today's 'pain and suffering is temporary because Satan challenges all of us as he did with the man Job (Job 2:4-5)
' Touch our flesh....' ( loose physical health ) and we would Not serve God under adverse conditions.
Both Job and Jesus under very bad conditions proved Satan a liar and so can we.

Yes, men are always trying to get other men to restrict their behavior and men wrote the Bible.

I suspect if such a God had wanted us to follow a set of rules they wouldn't have left them in the hands of a few historical folks claiming divine authority. Certainly a God with such an intent/purpose could have found a better way to communicate this.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Well, based on religion being a multi trillion dollar business, I think the top priority is clear.
'Religion' could be, but genuine 'worship' (John 4:23-24) is Not part of the world's false religions.
Religion that thinks she sits as some sort of 'religious queen' will come to her end - Revelation 18:7-8

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
IF God exists, he has already completed his highest priority.

To start a universe to see what could happen, the development of the conscience and non conscience in whatever form
I don't think we can know what God's highest priority is, but I think we can know what God's highest priority is 'for us', to know and worship God.

By worship, I don't mean sitting in a church and praying and praising God. I mean loving God and serving God by the work we do.
If we work for the Cause of God that is the highest form of worship, but in my religion any kind of work done in the spirit of service is considered worship.

He probably says 'Meh' when someone thinks he has influence over their life. (I'm not saying he doesn't in the individuals mind though)
I do not think we can know what God is thinking. I also don't think we can know if or how much influence God has over our life. That is a matter of faith.

All we can do is look at scriptures and play detective in order to know what God cares about. Just because we are a mere speck in the universe, that doesn't mean God does not care about us. God has no limits so God can care about everything He created.

According to my religion, the Baha'i Faith, God created humans out of His love for us, because He knew He would love us even before we were created.

3: O SON OF MAN! Veiled in My immemorial being and in the ancient eternity of My essence, I knew My love for thee; therefore I created thee, have engraved on thee Mine image and revealed to thee My beauty.

4: O SON OF MAN! I loved thy creation, hence I created thee. Wherefore, do thou love Me, that I may name thy name and fill thy soul with the spirit of life.”
The Hidden Words of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 4

God wants us to love Him, not because God needs our love, since God has no needs. God wants us to love Him because if we shut God out His love cannot reach us, so it is like closing off the channel through which God's love flows to us.

5: O SON OF BEING! Love Me, that I may love thee. If thou lovest Me not, My love can in no wise reach thee. Know this, O servant.
The Hidden Words of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 4

Firenze

Premium Member
'Religion' could be, but genuine 'worship' (John 4:23-24) is Not part of the world's false religions.
Religion that thinks she sits as some sort of 'religious queen' will come to her end - Revelation 18:7-8
So Osteen, Prince, et al are not genuine?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Yes, men are always trying to get other men to restrict their behavior and men wrote the Bible.
I suspect if such a God had wanted us to follow a set of rules they wouldn't have left them in the hands of a few historical folks claiming divine authority. Certainly a God with such an intent/purpose could have found a better way to communicate this.
Men like Moses ? Then Jesus ?
We are of Earth and what is on Earth is what God uses.
Up to now 'paper' was international, now the Web, Satellites, etc. but language is still used to communicate.
Remember: it's little by little that spiritual light grows brighter and brighter - Proverbs 4:18
Moses nor Abraham could have understood our day, they had the information that they needed at that time frame.
We have the brighter light that we need for our time frame.
The coming great tribulation (Rev. 7:14) will prove to be the temporary dark before the dawn.
The dawning of Christ's Millennium-Long Day of governing over Earth for a thousand years. - 1st. Cor. 15:24-26

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Men like Moses ? Then Jesus ?
Up to now 'paper' was international, now the Web, Satellites, etc. but language is still used to communicate.
Remember: it's little by little that spiritual light grows brighter and brighter - Proverbs 4:18
Moses nor Abraham could have understood our day, they had the information that they needed at that time frame.
We have the brighter light that we need for our time frame.
The coming great tribulation (Rev. 7:14) will prove to be the temporary dark before the dawn.
The dawning of Christ's Millennium-Long Day of governing over Earth for a thousand years. - 1st. Cor. 15:24-26

I never understood Revelations though many have claimed they they do. However, none seem to agree.
That is kind of the problem with the written word.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I never understood Revelations though many have claimed they they do. However, none seem to agree.
That is kind of the problem with the written word.
That's not only true of the Book of Revelation, it is true of the whole Bible!
Nobody seems to agree on what it means because they are interpreting it differently.

Firenze

Premium Member
That sounds like your god is quite limited if it can't find a way to communicate on a grand and global scale - but only to a few 'special' iron age barbarians who just happened to hate the same people it did. And of course a god only able to communicate to a few - with no witnesses - is precisely the same result we get if gods are invented by people hoping to rule.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I find God's highest priority as far as Earth is concerned is that Earth be inhabited - Isaiah 45:18
Inhabited by humble meek people as promised at Matthew 5:5 from Psalms 37:9-11; 22:26
Calamity against the wicked is what awaits the wicked - Psalms 37:38; 92:7; 104:35; 145:20; Proverbs 2:21-22
That makes sense to me, that it is God's desire that the earth is to be inhabited by willing, cooperative humans. Unlike for the most part, today's inhabitants.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
That sounds like your god is quite limited if it can't find a way to communicate on a grand and global scale - but only to a few 'special' iron age barbarians who just happened to hate the same people it did. And of course a god only able to communicate to a few - with no witnesses - is precisely the same result we get if gods are invented by people hoping to rule.
So then what do you believe, and did you figure it out by yourself?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I believe that God communicates through men who I call Messengers who have a two-fold nature, one human and the other divine.

Moses and Jesus were Messengers of God but I don't believe that God is communicating through Moses or Jesus anymore.
The Mosaic and Christian dispensations are over, long since gone.

In this new dispensation God has communicated through another Messenger called Baha'u'llah on a grand and global scale.

Moses and Jesus were Messengers of God but I don't believe that God is communicating through Moses or Jesus anymore.
The Mosaic and Christian dispensations are over, long since gone.
Who was it, may I ask that told you that?
By your comments you agree that both men existed, I also agree. And I agree as the Bible teaches and that gives a historical account of their lives that the covenant God gave Moses has ended, Moses and the Sinai covenant all pointed to the coming Prophet /Messiah who would fulfill both the Sinai covenant and the Abrahamic covenant given to him 400 years before the time of Moses. The covenant with Abraham was that thru his seed (singular) All nations would be blessed. That was fulfilled thru Jesus Christ. All of the old testament points to Jesus Christ, and he fulfills every prophecy that is needed for Man to be restored back to the Creator. There is (per the Bible) no need for another Prophet/messiah or covenant.

So, If what you are saying is true, then according to scriptures, Jesus was a liar. I don't believe that he is. Jesus claims to be the Son of God, making him One with the Father.

if that is true, then what you claim is not true! He said "I will will build my Church and the gates of Hell will not prevail against it.

He said in the last days he would come back to gather his elect and that they would be with him forever, and that he will then reign on this earth for 1,000 years. Then form a new Heaven and a New earth (short version of what is prophesied to happen)

By the grace of God, I am part of the Church he began and and according to Revelation, it will continue until he returns, because he (God in the Flesh) is sustaining it, Not men. And I know a few others who trust in the Living Christ whom the scriptures say Jesus is interceding for us at this very moment..

So your statement, that has yet to come to pass will only be true, if Jesus is a liar and the the Church ceases to exist.