• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if life on earth never returned to pre-Coronavirus life?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Why do Christians still believe that Jesus is going to return to earth?
Then when Jesus does not come, they keep pushing the date back, year after year, generation after generation.
I believe that God entrusted Baha'u'llah with the job of establishing peace on earth.
The lesser peace has already come but eventually the Most Great Peace will come.
There! Bahais in opposition to all the religions of the world, not just Jesus and Christianity. Is this the way they will bring the 'most great peace'?
What evidence you have for that uneducated 19th Century Iranian preacher to be Allah's 'whatever'? His vision of the 'Maid of Heaven'?

Hildeburh

Granted, it might return to a semblance of normality but I do not think life on earth will ever be the same as it was before this pandemic

Life on Earth? Or do you mean human societies? One could argue that life on Earth would be better off if human societies did not return to business as usual. One could only hope that after this tragedy has past humans may rethink the impact our population is having on this planet, but I doubt it.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
I thought to post this because I was listening to Christian radio and the DJs were laughing and joking and talking about the “first thing” they will do when life returns to “normal” as if life is ever going to be the same. Granted, it might return to a semblance of normality but I do not think life on earth will ever be the same as it was before this pandemic. Granted, I do not know what other people are thinking just from a few comments they make on the radio. However, I tend to think that some people believe that life will return to normal whereas some people probably think life will never be the same. I also think most people would like to see life return to normal although a few people might not want to see that happen because they see some positives that have come about as a result of this pandemic.

Since psychology is my other hat and one I wore a lot longer than my religion hat I tend to analyze people and why they think and do what they think and do.

Probably the people who would like to see life return to normal are people who have a happy and settled life with friends and family and lots of fun activities they enjoy outside the home. It only makes sense that people who lost their jobs or were temporarily laid off would like to see their lives return to normal, but many people like the DJs who are still working say they miss social activities like going to church, weddings, graduations, even birthday parties, and going out to eat at restaurants or to the movies. I am sure some people also miss being able to travel.

But what would happen to those people who are “waiting” for life to return to normal if life never returned to normal (pre-Coronavirus)? What if they could not have all the material things they want and all the fun activities they enjoy so much? Would more people turn to God and spiritual things or would they just get depressed or angry and possibly turn to substance abuse?

Given so many people were distraught about not being able to get toilet paper, I can only imagine what they would do if they could not have all the other things Americans and others in industrialized countries take for granted.

Of course this is all hypothetical. Any of you who are regulars on this forum knows that Trailblazer loves hypothetical scenarios.

If the Chinese Corona virus were to infect everybody, almost ninety nine percent of everybody would likely survive being infected by the Chinese Corona virus from which people will then have a natural immunity from this. Covid-19 kills mostly those with weak or aged immune systems. If left unchecked, Covid-19 would predominately get rid of 50 million people who are weak, while the strong would survive. Hence, the world would be left with a healthier and more vibrant population.

Last edited:

MNoBody

Life returned to normal after the 1918-1920 flu pandemic with the death of 50,000,000 plus. I do not see any reason why it will not with this one. This in reality is not the big one. We will have to wait and see.

If the big one hits and ducks the vaccine like the H1N1 in 2009 it will be all over the world like the 1918 -1920 likely before a new vaccine can be developed
from the preliminary reports regarding mutation, any vaccine will be several steps behind whatever form the thing has morphed into, since it changes too, and faster than any vaccine can be mass produced, so by the time it is deployed in the field, it will be obsolete...much like the majority of the commercial flu-vaccines pan-out....hope people work on developing their placebo effect, given the vaccines will be useless

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
I thought to post this because I was listening to Christian radio and the DJs were laughing and joking and talking about the “first thing” they will do when life returns to “normal” as if life is ever going to be the same. Granted, it might return to a semblance of normality but I do not think life on earth will ever be the same as it was before this pandemic. Granted, I do not know what other people are thinking just from a few comments they make on the radio. However, I tend to think that some people believe that life will return to normal whereas some people probably think life will never be the same. I also think most people would like to see life return to normal although a few people might not want to see that happen because they see some positives that have come about as a result of this pandemic.

Since psychology is my other hat and one I wore a lot longer than my religion hat I tend to analyze people and why they think and do what they think and do.

Probably the people who would like to see life return to normal are people who have a happy and settled life with friends and family and lots of fun activities they enjoy outside the home. It only makes sense that people who lost their jobs or were temporarily laid off would like to see their lives return to normal, but many people like the DJs who are still working say they miss social activities like going to church, weddings, graduations, even birthday parties, and going out to eat at restaurants or to the movies. I am sure some people also miss being able to travel.

But what would happen to those people who are “waiting” for life to return to normal if life never returned to normal (pre-Coronavirus)? What if they could not have all the material things they want and all the fun activities they enjoy so much? Would more people turn to God and spiritual things or would they just get depressed or angry and possibly turn to substance abuse?

Given so many people were distraught about not being able to get toilet paper, I can only imagine what they would do if they could not have all the other things Americans and others in industrialized countries take for granted.

Of course this is all hypothetical. Any of you who are regulars on this forum knows that Trailblazer loves hypothetical scenarios.

Why do you see me kinda upset all the time here? Exactly what I've been thinking about.

Anyway, I am convinced it will, eventually because what will eventually happen is that the Iron Bank (so to call from Game of Thrones organizations like the World Bank and the Federal Reserve and so on) will eventually have to call on reckless spending. Bottom line, you can't get blood from a turnip, so once people no longer can pay taxes, eventually they can't help the state with their debt problem, and the government will have to face their creditors. Even though they print their own money, they do so by doing business with the Fed (I think it's basically a loan) so they go defunct. Any government that is left is bankrupt, and will probably only be able to declare the quarantine over. If not, a generation passes with no government, and people come out on their own, knowing nothing about this thing.
That's assuming everyone doesn't die from the effects of nobody being able to work but a few essential jobs.

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
If the Chinese Corona virus were to infect everybody, almost ninety nine percent of everybody would likely survive being infected by the Chinese Corona virus from which people will then have a natural immunity from this. Covid-19 kills mostly those with weak or aged immune systems. If left unchecked, Covid-19 would predominately get rid of 50 million people who are weak, while the strong would survive. Hence, the world would be left with a healthier and more vibrant population.

That's nonsense. Even in China where they failed to implement any effective countermeasure until plenty of people had it, 80000 people got it, and about 3000 died.
Experience
This from the WHO map.

This means 3000 died, which is a lot... until you realize China's population in about 1.4 billion and continuing to rise despite everything.
China Population (2020) - Worldometer
As I watch, they're also being born about 1 per three seconds. This means about 20 per minute, 1200 per hour, and after three hours, all those who died are replaced. If we continue at that speed, whereas it took weeks to kill 3000 ppl, more are born in mere hours. But here's the thing. Projections don't work, not virus death projections, not birth projections. They are based not on census but on a estimate using previous figures. Someone is crunching math and makes a guess.

People have trend toward living, not dying, and anyone who hopes for a lot of people to die to solve all problems, needs to get checked for psychopathy. That includes Darwin btw, who could only see reality in terms of fittest. Instead at some point we will more likely die from government that is too powerful ( "emergency" powers tend not to go away when there is no emergency ) than the virus itself. But after the masses either overthrow the government or suicide themselves trying, reducing overpopulation is never an issue. Space exploration should be our priority, followed by hydroponics technology.

Last edited:

ManSinha

from the preliminary reports regarding mutation, any vaccine will be several steps behind whatever form the thing has morphed into, since it changes too, and faster than any vaccine can be mass produced, so by the time it is deployed in the field, it will be obsolete...much like the majority of the commercial flu-vaccines pan-out....hope people work on developing their placebo effect, given the vaccines will be useless

@MNoBody

A counter point if I may

Influenza morphs each year - we sometimes get it right and sometimes we do not as in 2017 I believe when the vaccine only hit about 40% of the strains - knowing something about public health - unfortunately this takes time - but we have very good predictive analytics and heuristic algorithms that to an extent - attempt to predict future mutations by studying the past - like I said - they do not get it right every time but enough so that many people are helped especially those with chronic illnesses who may be most vulnerable

Second point - I am avid student of the history of medicine - when HIV was first rampant - (yes it is a different type of virus) - there was some despair amongst front line scientists that it mutated repeatedly and became resistant to the drugs used to treat it - so the strategy was changed to what was used successfully against Tuberculosis (I am from India and TB was rampant here) - to whit - use three or four drugs (commonly referred to lovingly as a cocktail) to come at the offending organism from different angles and perhaps preclude or at least degrade its ability to mutate. Which is part of the reasoning behind using some HIV drugs as redemsivir and ritonavir in the treatment of Covid-19

So yes there is hope that the quick mutations can be attacked - like in any war - there will be casualties - no vaccine and most importantly the humans making them - are perfect but we shall get there part ways at least - of that I have hope

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Why do you see me kinda upset all the time here? Exactly what I've been thinking about.

Anyway, I am convinced it will, eventually because what will eventually happen is that the Iron Bank (so to call from Game of Thrones organizations like the World Bank and the Federal Reserve and so on) will eventually have to call on reckless spending. Bottom line, you can't get blood from a turnip, so once people no longer can pay taxes, eventually they can't help the state with their debt problem, and the government will have to face their creditors. Even though they print their own money, they do so by doing business with the Fed (I think it's basically a loan) so they go defunct. Any government that is left is bankrupt, and will probably only be able to declare the quarantine over. If not, a generation passes with no government, and people come out on their own, knowing nothing about this thing.
That's assuming everyone doesn't die from the effects of nobody being able to work but a few essential jobs.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts....
I am not that pessimistic. I am an optimist.
I also do not think about the future and things I cannot know about.
I live fully in the present .

I believe that only God knows the future and God is in ultimate control...
I try not to think about things I have no control over because it only brings me down.
I just do what I can do in the present moment.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
There! Bahais in opposition to all the religions of the world, not just Jesus and Christianity. Is this the way they will bring the 'most great peace'?
Baha'is are not in opposition to the religions of the world. Those religions are in opposition to us, especially Christianity. Just look at the posts on this forum.
What evidence you have for that uneducated 19th Century Iranian preacher to be Allah's 'whatever'? His vision of the 'Maid of Heaven'?
There is a lot of evidence and of course it was not His vision, because that would be circular reasoning.
I have posted the evidence on this forum many, many times.

ManSinha

Those religions are in opposition to us, especially Christianity. Just look at the posts on this forum
Of course they are in opposition to the Baha'i views - are you that dense that when you declare "Jesus did not physically rise" you are attacking one of the foundational principles on which Christianity is based? Did you really except them to welcome you with open arms?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I do not believe this is true, for the most part vaccines are reasonably successful, but like in 2009 a new verialent flu popped up after the vaccine began to be given.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
That might be true, but it is a very fatalistic position to take.
What if this virus killed you or one of your loved ones?
So I guess you believe in survival of the fittest? I believe in the sanctity of all life.

And what if another virus hits the world that is even worse and wipes out millions of people, are we supposed to just allow them to die?

ManSinha

In my opinion that is an extremely selfish viewpoint - are you trying to imply that the entire Oncology and Cardiology fields should shutter and "let people with cancer and heart disease die" - well it would appear that at present you are counted as one of the healthy types - you may be found singing a different tune if heaven forbid you are ever the victim of trauma or chronic illness.

Having dealt with individuals towards the end of life - there are various opinions - some are ready to let go and others want to hang on.

What gives you the authority to play judge jury and executioner - to me it bespeaks of your utter lack of empathy and poor morals if not utter ignorance and disregard of the suffering of your fellow humans

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
That might be true, but it is a very fatalistic position to take.
What if this virus killed you or one of your loved ones?
So I guess you believe in survival of the fittest? I believe in the sanctity of all life.

And what if another virus hits the world that is even worse and wipes out millions of people, are we supposed to just allow them to die?

When a pandemic strikes we cannot prevent it. With technology and human efforts we can reduce the effects, but we cannot prevent it.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Of course they are in opposition to the Baha'i views - are you that dense that when you declare "Jesus did not physically rise" you are attacking one of the foundational principles on which Christianity is based? Did you really except them to welcome you with open arms?
It is not an attack, it is just a disagreement about beliefs.

Baha'is believe that Baha'u'llah was a Manifestation of God, Christians don't believe that.
So it is fine for Christians to disagree with Baha'i beliefs but we cannot disagree with them?

I do not expect Christians to welcome me with open arms.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Baha'is are not in opposition to the religions of the world. Those religions are in opposition to us, especially Christianity.
Does that make any difference? And why Christianity only? By saying that Krishna was a manifestation, you are in opposition to Hinduism too. By accepting existence of Allah, you are in opposition with Buddhism too. Islam does not accept asny message after Mohammad, you are in opposition to Islam too. Basi9cally, you are in opposition with all major religions of the world. And you talk of world peace? Is that not laughable?
There is a lot of evidence and of course it was not His vision, ..
What do you mean? Am I making it up that he mentioned a vision of a 'Maid of Heaven'?

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Does that make any difference? And why Christianity only? By saying that Krishna was a manifestation, you are in opposition to Hinduism too. By accepting existence of Allah, you are in opposition with Buddhism too. Islam does not accept asny message after Mohammad, you are in opposition to Islam too. Basi9cally, you are in opposition with all major religions of the world. And you talk of world peace? Is that not laughable?
We are not in opposition to religions just because we disagree with some of what they teach. We do not agree with everything other religions teach because we believe that it has been changed by men since it was revealed by God. It is really that simple. That is explained in this chapter: 43: THE TWO CLASSES OF PROPHETS
What do you mean? Am I making it up that he mentioned a vision of a 'Maid of Heaven'?
No, that is not what I meant. I meant that His vision is not the evidence that He had a vision, and thus that He was a Messenger of God. That would be circular reasoning. As I said, there is other evidence.

Rational Agnostic

Most likely, many more people would kill themselves.