• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if life on earth never returned to pre-Coronavirus life?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Life will return to normal, but normal might not the same as previously.
Now, someone who can accurately predict the new normal? That would be quite the skill.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Imo, if people are not at all bent out of shape by this there has to be something psychologically wrong with them as they would have to be completely detached from their feelings. There are people like that, they live for the material world. It is those people I wonder about, what would happen if things did not return to normal?

I totally disagree. 'was trying to figure how to phrase this. Its telling someone they have mental health problem if they don't react the same as other people are reacting. From a psychological perspective, that's a totally unrealistic thing to even propose (in my words).

I honestly think we're all in a illusion of safety. It has nothing to do with materialism.

lostwanderingsoul

I am not sure what life returning to normal means. Thousands of people die from cancer and no one worries about returning to normal. Thousands die in car accidents and no one worries about returning to normal. So what is different about this? Thousands will die and life will go on. Isn't that what you would call normal?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
That is not what Allah or Bahaollah want. Go back to your books and correct your transgressions.
As one of my Baha'i friends used to say "my bad!" That might not be what Allah wants me to do but He will have to settle for it because I am not into worshiping Him lately... Allah is just just darned lucky I am not angry at Him :mad: as I usually am when I see people or animals suffering.
It does not work like that. :)
Once the immediate problem is over, we revert to our quarreling ways.
I have a feeling this time will be different, humanity has turned a corner. It was a sharp turn but I think we will make it this time. Turning around and going back the way we came is not an option.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
................ I see good things for the world coming out of this and I think those will continue into the future, so even though it is impacting me personally I try not to think about those things.

The world I find will see ' good things for the world coming ' because the world will be saying, " Peace and Security....'
As for the near future, the powers that be will be saying 'peace' but it will be short lived in favor of a long-lived peace.
I say long-lived peace because in Scripture, not man, but Jesus is the one who will establish lasting Peace on Earth.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Life will return to normal, but normal might not the same as previously. Now, someone who can accurately predict the new normal? That would be quite the skill.

I find Scripture does predict the ' new normal '.
That ' new normal ' is that Jesus will be the one who will establish lasting Peace on Earth.
Before this happens, the powers that be will be saying, " Peace and Security...."
But that 'peace' will Not be a lasting peace because the political will surprisingly turn on the religious world.
Lasting Peace on Earth is a reason why we are all invited to pray the invitation of Rev. 22:20 for Jesus to come !

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
New I am not sure what life returning to normal means. Thousands of people die from cancer and no one worries about returning to normal. Thousands die in car accidents and no one worries about returning to normal. So what is different about this? Thousands will die and life will go on. Isn't that what you would call normal?
You are right that thousands die of cancer and in car accidents but people are accustomed to seeing that and it is not a world event that is publicized in the media worldwide. It also does not require that people be distanced from each other, prisoners in their own homes. A large number of people die of cancer and in car accidents, but it does not impact the whole economy, only individuals. This pandemic was fast and furious and widespread and that is what got people's attention, the element of danger. There is the element of the the unknown that frightens many people.

Time will tell what happens after the dust settles, but I do not think this will blow over and be forgotten.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I totally disagree. 'was trying to figure how to phrase this. Its telling someone they have mental health problem if they don't react the same as other people are reacting. From a psychological perspective, that's a totally unrealistic thing to even propose (in my words).
Everyone reacts to things like this differently, depending upon their personality. I am not saying they have a mental health problem, I was just giving my "opinion" of people that are detached from the suffering of others. Maybe insensitive would have been a better way to describe it.
I honestly think we're all in a illusion of safety. It has nothing to do with materialism.
No, the illusion of safety people have is not related to materialism, but I think some people use materialism to cover up their feelings, just like they might use drugs or alcohol.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I say long-lived peace because in Scripture, not man, but Jesus is the one who will establish lasting Peace on Earth.
Jesus said He came not to bring peace but a sword.
Jesus also said that His work was finished here.
Jesus also said He was no more in the world.
Jesus also said that His kingdom was not of this world.

Why do Christians still believe that Jesus is going to return to earth?
Then when Jesus does not come, they keep pushing the date back, year after year, generation after generation.

I believe that God entrusted Baha'u'llah with the job of establishing peace on earth.
The lesser peace has already come but eventually the Most Great Peace will come.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Everyone interested in this topic would do really well to do a little background reading on human nature. There's a ton of literature on the subject, but two of my very favourites are "On Human Nature" by David Hume, and "On Human Nature" by Edward O. Wilson.

I think that, because we are all human, it's not a bad idea to take Socrates's advice to "know thyself."

Spot on.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Everyone reacts to things like this differently, depending upon their personality. I am not saying they have a mental health problem, I was just giving my "opinion" of people that are detached from the suffering of others. Maybe insensitive would have been a better way to describe it.

I was responding to people may need to see a psychologist because they aren't reacting as other people do. Usually, you see a psychiatrist when you have a mental health problem; so, that's how the two comments relate.

I couldn't figure the right word. Empathy or sympathy. There are mental health conditions that prevent one from displaying empathy. But, in general, it depends.

No, the illusion of safety people have is not related to materialism, but I think some people use materialism to cover up their feelings, just like they might use drugs or alcohol.

For some people. I usually put it in my shoes, though, that's the best I can understand it. If I know I can act, think, and so forth without technology etc, I know other people can too. In other words, I'm less pessimistic in my heart but working on the expression part.

It's hard to clarify indirect statements since I think and speak in fractions. I'm really trying to be less pessimistic in expression since it's not in my heart.

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Jesus said He came not to bring peace but a sword.
Jesus also said that His work was finished here.
Jesus also said He was no more in the world.
Jesus also said that His kingdom was not of this world.
Why do Christians still believe that Jesus is going to return to earth?
Then when Jesus does not come, they keep pushing the date back, year after year, generation after generation.
I believe that God entrusted Baha'u'llah with the job of establishing peace on earth.
The lesser peace has already come but eventually the Most Great Peace will come.

Context, context, context. In Scripture:
At Matthew chapter 10, Not a literal sword, but that people would oppose his followers.
His work was finished here and that is why he gave his followers to finish his work - Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8
When Jesus died he was No more in the world but governs from Heaven.
Right, his kingdom is Not of this world. Jesus is King of God's kingdom government of Daniel 2:44.
So, that kingdom government is Not of this world but heavenly to govern over Earth for a thousand years.
Wrong guesses or wrong calculations does Not make the Bible as wrong just the guesses or calculations as wrong.
There is No pushing back the date, but pushing it forward. The ' season ' is now ripe.
In brief, the good news about God's kingdom (Daniel 2:44) is now declared earth wide as never before in history.
This means we are nearing the time when the powers that be will be saying, " Peace and Security..."
But this coming ' rosy-looking ' time will prove to be the lesser peace before the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14,9 then Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will establish the lasting or the Most Great Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.
In Scripture, this is how the humble meek will inherit the Earth - Psalms 37:9-11.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Life will return to normal, but normal might not the same as previously.
Now, someone who can accurately predict the new normal? That would be quite the skill.
Yeah I kind of see it that way too.

I think it's just a case where we will learn from our experiences and life continues on there after.

I think we'll return to normality of course, just a little more experienced overall when such things occur again.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
In brief, the good news about God's kingdom (Daniel 2:44) is now declared earth wide as never before in history.
This means we are nearing the time when the powers that be will be saying, " Peace and Security..."
But this coming ' rosy-looking ' time will prove to be the lesser peace before the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14,9 then Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will establish the lasting or the Most Great Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.
In Scripture, this is how the humble meek will inherit the Earth - Psalms 37:9-11.
I believe that we are in the tribulation period, and that will be followed by the lesser peace, and eventually the Most Great Peace will come.

Isaiah 9:6-7 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

I believe that Baha’u’llah was the Prince of Peace because world peace will be established during His religious dispensation. Baha’u’llah set up a system of government and it has already been established among the Baha’is. The institutions of that government are fully operational, but they will be more developed in the future as the prophecy says (increase in government).

Isaiah 9:6-7cannot refer to Jesus because Jesus disclaimed being the Mighty God when He called Himself “the Son of God” (John 5:18-47) and in those verses Jesus repudiates the charge that He claimed equality with God. Jesus disclaimed being the everlasting Father when He said, “my Father is greater than I” (John 14:28) and Jesus disclaimed being the Prince of Peace when He said, “I came not to send peace, but a sword” (Matthew 10:34). Jesus disclaimed bearing the government upon His shoulder when He said to “rend onto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's” (Mark 12:17, Matthew 22:21). Jesus disclaimed that He would establish a kingdom where he would rule with judgment and justice forever when He said, “My kingdom is not of this world” (John 18:36).

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I believe that we are in the tribulation period, and that will be followed by the lesser peace, and eventually the Most Great Peace will come.
Isaiah 9:6-7 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.
I believe that Baha’u’llah was the Prince of Peace because world peace will be established during His religious dispensation. Baha’u’llah set up a system of government and it has already been established among the Baha’is. The institutions of that government are fully operational, but they will be more developed in the future as the prophecy says (increase in government).
Isaiah 9:6-7cannot refer to Jesus because Jesus disclaimed being the Mighty God when He called Himself “the Son of God” (John 5:18-47) and in those verses Jesus repudiates the charge that He claimed equality with God. Jesus disclaimed being the everlasting Father when He said, “my Father is greater than I” (John 14:28) and Jesus disclaimed being the Prince of Peace when He said, “I came not to send peace, but a sword” (Matthew 10:34). Jesus disclaimed bearing the government upon His shoulder when He said to “rend onto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's” (Mark 12:17, Matthew 22:21). Jesus disclaimed that He would establish a kingdom where he would rule with judgment and justice forever when He said, “My kingdom is not of this world” (John 18:36).

God's kingdom is Not an earthly kingdom but a heavenly one - Jesus governs from heaven - Revelation 3:21.
Jesus is King of God's heavenly kingdom (Daniel 2:44) for one-thousand years.
- 1 Corinthians 15:24-26

Mighty God is a title and Not a name, as Jesus is also Everlasting Father is a title.
The word father means: life giver, and Jesus gives life in the resurrection - Revelation 1:18
Jesus is Not Almighty God. The Tetragrammaton (YHWH) only applies to the God of Jesus.
So, the two (2) LORD/Lord's of Psalms 110 is about the LORD (YHWH) God of Jesus, and Jesus as the other Lord ( in some lower-case letters ).

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Allah is just just darned lucky I am not angry at Him :mad: as I usually am when I see people or animals suffering.
You should be. All nice people should be. Not just now, but always. That has been the human history. Never a happy moment for people. And the One in the sky wants us to worship him five times a day and never forget him even for a moment! And he sends his prophets / sons / messengers / manifestations / Mahdis to perpetuate his worship. What has he done to deserve such servitude and worship? Why should we?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You should be. All nice people should be. Not just now, but always. That has been the human history. Never a happy moment for people. And the One in the sky wants us to worship him five times a day and never forget him even for a moment! And he sends his prophets / sons / messengers / manifestations / Mahdis to perpetuate his worship. What has he done to deserve such servitude and worship? Why should we?
You present a conundrum... Why should we worship Allah indeed? It is supposed to be for our sake, not Allah's sake. I am not doing it right now during this pandemic.

You cannot rightly blame the Messengers for the world of suffering Allah created. They are just like the mailmen bringing Allah's messages to humans.

atanu

Premium Member
I thought to post this because I was listening to Christian radio and the DJs were laughing and joking and talking about the “first thing” they will do when life returns to “normal” as if life is ever going to be the same. Granted, it might return to a semblance of normality but I do not think life on earth will ever be the same as it was before this pandemic. Granted, I do not know what other people are thinking just from a few comments they make on the radio. However, I tend to think that some people believe that life will return to normal whereas some people probably think life will never be the same. I also think most people would like to see life return to normal although a few people might not want to see that happen because they see some positives that have come about as a result of this pandemic.

Since psychology is my other hat and one I wore a lot longer than my religion hat I tend to analyze people and why they think and do what they think and do.

Probably the people who would like to see life return to normal are people who have a happy and settled life with friends and family and lots of fun activities they enjoy outside the home. It only makes sense that people who lost their jobs or were temporarily laid off would like to see their lives return to normal, but many people like the DJs who are still working say they miss social activities like going to church, weddings, graduations, even birthday parties, and going out to eat at restaurants or to the movies. I am sure some people also miss being able to travel.

But what would happen to those people who are “waiting” for life to return to normal if life never returned to normal (pre-Coronavirus)? What if they could not have all the material things they want and all the fun activities they enjoy so much? Would more people turn to God and spiritual things or would they just get depressed or angry and possibly turn to substance abuse?

Given so many people were distraught about not being able to get toilet paper, I can only imagine what they would do if they could not have all the other things Americans and others in industrialized countries take for granted.

Of course this is all hypothetical. Any of you who are regulars on this forum knows that Trailblazer loves hypothetical scenarios.

The 'Eater' and the 'Eaten' scenario will continue since that is the nature of nature. We can realise our pre-natural truth or we can remain subservient to nature.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
It is supposed to be for our sake, not Allah's sake.
We have no sign in history that worshiping Allah has ever helped humans. By sending various messengers who engendered various religions who fought among themselves, Allah has only created problems for humans.