• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What has been your favourite country to travel/live in?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
That is exactly what is so wonderful of NA. The variety of landscapes, people, food, cultures and then smells and night skies.
The USA is supposed to have the best food

Lots of different types of food

At a high quality

In big servings

At a reasonable price

I am a very food oriented person so those things appeal to me ;)

Bthoth

*banned*
The USA is supposed to have the best food

Lots of different types of food

At a high quality

In big servings

At a reasonable price

I am a very food oriented person so those things appeal to me ;)
It is one of the items that I truly enjoy of the diversity. From sushi to enchiladas.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Only really lived in the UK but I have travelled in much of Europe either on holidays or occasionally through work. And this by bicycle, motorbike, and car - limited to a few countries for the two-wheeler ones. Each country tends to have its own flavour but I generally felt safe in most of these. I backpacked around the Greek islands and liked this a lot but perhaps the country I was most impressed by was Thailand. It felt very peaceful for most of the time, and Bangkok wasn't too bad even if the traffic was much like any other city. Perhaps I was mistaken as to the safety aspect and I didn't go to any of the more well-known tourist places but it certainly always felt safe to be wandering around at any time. And perhaps it was the fact that Buddhism is the one belief system that I can empathise with that I felt so at home there. Having a little French, some countries I could get by but mostly I had to rely on my English and the small tourist dictionaries I might have taken with me.

Ireland is nice too, and mostly I have been there due to sailing or caving holidays, although my first trip was with a schoolfriend to the south coast.

Last edited:

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Title.

What has been your favourite country to travel in?
What has been your favourite country live in?

I've lived a somewhat insular North American life, looking to expand my horizons after I save up.
Been to Canada, England, El Salvador, Bermuda, Jamica my favorite places are still in the USA.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Title.

I've lived a somewhat insular North American life, looking to expand my horizons after I save up.

Lived in Japan for five years. Loved it. Best public transit throughout the wide world. Australia was a great place too! Always nice when I as a foreigner, can speak English and be understood lol.

Little Dragon

Title.

Favourite nation to live in, was Wales, in the country of the United Kingdom.
Favourite country to travel to, was Vietnam. Wonderful people. Sometimes the local kids will chase you if you're a westerner, with dirty great Spiders in their hands, the little ****s. It amuses them no end to see our reactions.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I've been in Canada, the UK, Italy and India. They've all had different attractions so I'm hard pressed to pick just one. Canada for the wonderful music festivals, the UK for visiting some people, Italy for experiencing what old feels like and the sense of awe at religious buildings and India for its spirituality and for experiencing what real poverty looks like.

Little Dragon

All over the country. The scariest, the most frightening are of the bible belt of the south.

Not even the humbolt pennisula with the pot growers was a scary as the southern USA.
I have never managed to visit the bayous and swamps of the deep south. That is something I would rectify if I could. I adore that landscape and climate. Perfect. I am a cold blooded animal,, like the gators and crocs. I need the heat.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I love my home country, Canada, and think it is one of the greatest places in the world to live.

I've travelled in the U.S. a bit (a motorhome from Toronto, through PA, down the east coast to Richmond, Savannah, across FLA panhandle to New Orleans, up the MIssissipi to Memphis, Nashville, Gatlinburg and the Great Smokies, across Blue Ridge Pkwy to Shenendoah Valley and then back home to Canada. I've also been to San Diego, LA (stayed at UCLA Guest House), Cincinnatti, parts of NH and VT, and a few other places. Too much commercialization. Case in Point -- Old Coney Island in Ohio -- it's so tacky. The US just can't seem to leave things alone to be themselves, as the Brits do with Stonehenge and Avebury, Glastonbury Tor, Edinburgh Castle, the castle ruins up the Wye Valley. (Took a motor home from London to Stonehenge, down to Corfe Castle, across to Cornwall, up through BAth and Wells to Wye Valley then up to the Lake District, Edinburgh, down through Jedburgh, York, Oxford, over to Colchester, under Dartford Tunnel down to Canterbury and then Brighton and so back to London and home.) I've been to Amsterdam and the Hague once, Paris only once.

So I love travelling in England, Wales and Scotland -- so very much to see. I suspect I would love the same in France and Italy, but haven't had the opportunity.