• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What has been your favourite country to travel/live in?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I haven't travelled much, but India will always remain special. It's not as exotic as it sometimes is portrayed, but there are certain places that are unbelievable for me. I think 50 more years and it'll be really spectacular.

Last edited:

Bthoth

*banned*
I have never managed to visit the bayous and swamps of the deep south. That is something I would rectify if I could. I adore that landscape and climate. Perfect. I am a cold blooded animal,, like the gators and crocs. I need the heat.
I enjoy the fishing. I remember seeing the crocs at the golf courses.

Little Dragon

I enjoy the fishing. I remember seeing the crocs at the golf courses.
I just imagine a sleepy bayou community, with moss hanging from willows and other water loving trees...in the twilight, with the night animals chirping and croaking in the darkness. My kind of place.

Orbit

I'm a planet
Title.

What has been your favourite country to travel in?
What has been your favourite country live in?

I've lived a somewhat insular North American life, looking to expand my horizons after I save up.
I really liked Spain. I’ve been in the north(Galicia), Madrid, and Barcelona. Barcelona was my favorite but they were all great. Paris is also lots of fun.

Little Dragon

I really liked Spain. I’ve been in the north(Galicia), Madrid, and Barcelona. Barcelona was my favorite but they were all great. Paris is also lots of fun.
I loved Ibiza, very nice. Especially the Old Town there. Lovely. I know it's not mainland Spain, and very tourist orientated. The more rural parts, away from the beaches, were very relaxing.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Title.

What has been your favourite country to travel in?
What has been your favourite country live in?

I've lived a somewhat insular North American life, looking to expand my horizons after I save up.
Ameristan for both!

ajay0

I've been in Canada, the UK, Italy and India. They've all had different attractions so I'm hard pressed to pick just one. Canada for the wonderful music festivals, the UK for visiting some people, Italy for experiencing what old feels like and the sense of awe at religious buildings and India for its spirituality and for experiencing what real poverty looks like.

As per Forbes, India along with China was the richest nations on earth in the sixteenth century.

The Indian ocean is the only ocean named after a living nation and ancient civilization due to the heavy commerical traffic that took place there for world nations seeking to trade with India. Both the America's were discovered by sailors desperately seeking a new trade route with India.

Unfortunately under exploitative western colonialism in the last two centuries which wrecked its domestic economy and rural industries, and promotion of foreign goods at expense of local ones, India has descended from being the world's richest nation to one of the poorest on earth.

After independence , it has lifted off again slowly and steadily and is the fastest growing economy in the world at the moment, minting billionaires and millionaires each day, and has replaced the UK as the fifth largest economy in the world. It is now forecast to becoming the biggest economy a few decades from now at its present growth rate, replacing the U.S. as well.

So 'real poverty' that you have perceived in India is man-made, artificially induced and showcases the dangers of exploitative colonialism and unethical capitalist framework which focusses on profits at all costs.

This is the lesson which India's poverty should teach the world so that no nation experiences these sort of issues again .