• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does your religion say about how believers should get along with non believers?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
My religion has no problem with other's who do not follow our path. The acceptance of diversity is important and we can all learn from each other. It is more important that an individual finds their own path on what is meaningful to them rather than be persuaded or even worse scared into believing a certain way. The only non-believers that I do not tolerate are the ones saying everyone else is wrong and theirs is the only way.
Speaking of other religions, I spend a lot more time on nature than I do practicing my religion....
I just noticed that you have your religion as nature so now I am Following you. :D

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I just want to see where people stand on this matter.

We all have to live in the same world and society. So it's very important to have the best society possible, and obviously that means that believers will always have to find the best way to get along with non believers, and vice versa.

I guess my religion focuses on self-criticisism.
You know.. "don't judge and you shall not be judged". :)
I respect anyone's beliefs because I trust people and I am sure their beliefs make sense to them. They matter to them.

firedragon

Veteran Member

We all have to live in the same world and society. So it's very important to have the best society possible, and obviously that means that believers will always have to find the best way to get along with non believers, and vice versa.

Just read some verses in the Quran.

17:36 And do not uphold what you have no knowledge of. For the hearing, eyesight, and mind, all these you are responsible for.

Freedom of Creed
10:99 And had your Lord willed, all the people on the Earth in their entirety would have believed. Would you force the people to make them believe?

Respect for individual privacy
24:27 O you who believe, do not enter any homes except your own unless you are invited and you greet the people in them. This is best for you, perhaps you will remember.

Equality
49:12 O you who believe, you shall avoid much suspicion, for some suspicion is sinful. And do not spy on one another, nor shall you backbite. Would any of you enjoy eating the flesh of his dead brother? You certainly would hate this. You shall observe God. God is Redeemer, Merciful.

49:13 O mankind, We created you from a male and female, and We made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Surely, the most honorable among you in the sight of God is the most righteous. God is Knowledgeable, Expert.

Welfare

30:38 So give the relative his due, and the poor, and the wayfarer. That is best for those who seek God's presence, and they are the successful ones.

No Usury

30:39 And any usury you have taken to grow from the people's money, it will not grow with God. And any contribution that you have placed seeking His presence, then those will be multiplied.

3:130 O you who believe, do not consume usury, compounding over and over; and reverence God that you may succeed. Right to travel 29:56 "O My servants who believed, My Earth is spacious, so serve only Me."

No eternal/perpetual circulation of wealth (No Monopolization)

59:7 And whatever God provided to His messenger from the people of the townships, then it shall be to God and His messenger, and the relatives, and the orphans, and the poor, and the wayfarer. Thus, it will not remain perpetual circulation by the rich among you. And you may take what the messenger gives you, but do not take what he withholds you from taking. And be aware of God, for God is mighty in retribution.

''My four children will one day live in a nation, when they will not be judged by the colour of their skin, but by the content of their character'' - Martin Luther

King No racism

49:13 O mankind, We created you from a male and female, and We made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Surely, the most honorable among you in the sight of God is the most righteous. God is Knowledgeable, Expert. No false slander.

But you can stand up for your rights

148. Allah does not love the public mention of evil words, except by the one who has been wronged. And Allah is All-Hearing, All- Knowing. Justice 42:39 And those who, when gross injustice befalls them, they seek justice.

Right to demand justice

42:41 And for any who demand action after being wronged, those are not committing any error.

No oppression.

42:42 The error is upon those who oppress the people, and they aggress in the land without cause. For these will be a painful retribution.

Right to borrowed property

4:58 God orders you to deliver anything you have been entrusted with to its owners. And if you judge between the people, then you shall judge with justice. It is always the best that God prescribes for you. God is Hearer, Seer.

Do not harm the environment

55:7 And He raised the heaven and He established the balance. 55:8 Do not transgress in the balance. Innocence until proven guilty 24:11 Those who have brought forth the false accusation were a group from within you. Do not think it is bad for you, for it is good for you. Every person among them will have what he deserves of the sin. And as for he who had the greatest portion of it, he will have a great retribution.

Punishment cannot exceed the gravity of the crime

16:126 And if you punish, then punish with equivalence to that which you were punished. And if you are patient then it is better for the patient ones.

You must fight on behalf of the weak

4:75 And why do you not fight in the cause of God, when the weak among the men and women and children say: “Our Lord, bring us out of this town whose people are wicked, and grant us from Yourself a Supporter, and grant us from Yourself a Victor!”

Charities to be used for just cause

9:60 The charities are to go to the poor, and the needy, and those who work to collect them, and those whose hearts have been united, and to free the slaves, and those in debt, and in the cause of God, and the wayfarer. A duty from God, and God is Knowledgeable, Wise.

You cannot kill unjustly

17:33 And do not kill, for God has made this forbidden, except in the course of justice. And whoever is killed innocently, then We have given his heir authority, so let him not transgress in the taking of a life, for He will be given victory.

Just cause to kill is aggression, but you are not allowed to be the aggressor.

2:190 And fight in the cause of God against those who fight you, but do not transgress,

God does not like the aggressors.

2:191 And kill them wherever you overcome them, and expel them from where they expelled you, and know that persecution is worse than being killed. And do not fight them at the Sacred Temple unless they fight you in it; if they fight you then kill them, thus is the recompense of the disbelievers.

2:192 And if they cease, then God is Forgiving, Merciful.

2:193 And fight them so there is no more persecution, and so that the system is God’s. If they cease, then there will be no aggression except against the wicked.

Peace.

halbhh

The wonder and awe of "all things".

"Love your neighbor as yourself."

(identified as half of our greatest commandments by Jesus the Christ)

"Neighbor" refers to everyone around you that you encounter, no matter their background or attitudes.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
He is saying that what is necessary for all people to relate to each other in a spirit of friendliness and fellowship has been sent by God.
I do not believe in existence of any God or in this imaginary entity to have sent messengers. I do not need a God's blah-blah or that of a messenger to consort with followers of other religions in a spirit of friendliness and fellowship - I do it naturally.

Do not make every post a vehicle to carry a copy/paste from your literature.
I see no harm in non-belief.
Touba, touba! No harm in non-belief? I can't believe that. What would happen to Gods and their prophets / sons / messengers / manifestations / mahdis? This is blasphemy. You are going to be punished for it (after your death). Repent.

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

Not a problem for me with non believers, can't force them to believe something they dont chose to believe them selvs

MonkeyFire

Because they are terminal by nature, if you are skeptical towards life that is what that means. It was hate who led the rebellion against God, but now haters don’t remember what happened in Heaven and they a try to blame God for their suffering, on top of that it’s the angel of knowledge (light) who watches those non-believers suffer.

MonkeyFire

That is a good basis to get along.
I have the same feelings towards believers so we are basically in agreement.

At least we are capable of loving. Faith is the best relationship. When you say you are an atheist is that a threat to Gods sexuality?

Heyo

Veteran Member
At least we are capable of loving. Faith is the best relationship. When you say you are an atheist is that a threat to Gods sexuality?
How can I threaten god? In your mind it is more powerful than me, in my mind, it isn't real. No basis for threats.

(Btw.: I'm not an atheist - well I am, by definition, but that's less relevant - I'm an Agnostic. Militant Agnostic. I don't know what god is - and neither do you.)

RestlessSoul

Because they are terminal by nature, if you are skeptical towards life that is what that means. It was hate who led the rebellion against God, but now haters don’t remember what happened in Heaven and they a try to blame God for their suffering, on top of that it’s the angel of knowledge (light) who watches those non-believers suffer.

I think it was pride rather than hate, which led to the rebellion in heaven, if you are referring to the events described in Paradise Lost;

All is not lost; the unconquerable will, And study of revenge, immortal hate, And courage never to submit or yield; (And what is else not to be overcome?) That glory never shall his wrath or might Extort from me, to bow and sue for grace With suppliant knee and deify his power, Who from the terror of his arm so late Doubted his empire

Satan and his army have the option of repentance, but pride will not allow this..

And Satan absolutely could not take the knee....

danieldemol

Premium Member

Well according to my belief God doesn't care if you are a non believer or a believer so why should I care?