• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Does Passover/Easter Holyday/Holiday Mean To You?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Well it all depends. Elohim can be either singular or plural, depending on the context. For example, if the verb tense is for singular, then Elohim is singular, referring to the One True God.
There is some commentary that has it that the plural form stands for heShem and his angels.

2ndpillar

Well it all depends. Elohim can be either singular or plural, depending on the context. For example, if the verb tense is for singular, then Elohim is singular, referring to the One True God.
Well, it depends on context. When a Trinitarian uses the term "Elohim", they are referring to 3 gods in one, as in having "other gods before me". The context of the 1st commandment infers that there are many "gods", but one is not to have "other gods before me".

2ndpillar

Elihoenai

Rebirth,
like the spring rebirth after the cold winter. And soul's regeneration.
Job 19:26

26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

Elohim/God is Flesh, Soul and Spirit.

Elohim's/God's Ladder: Flesh->Soul->Spirit

Only a Few hundred/thousand Elect have been interested in getting past the Flesh to Attain the Soul throughout the generations. Apart from the Elect, every person on the Planet is content with life in the Flesh Practising Left-Hand Path Religion. Christianity, Islam and Judaism are Left-Hand Path Religions and you have Niche Orders within those Religions with members numbered among the Elect..

Do you agree that the Passover is Works Under the Law?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

What does the Passover/Easter Holyday/Holiday Festival mean to you? What will you be doing as a Memorial to this Festival? Do you think Elohim/God will be pleased with your Festivities?
The word Easter comes from a non-biblical source ( Easter meaning: the Resurrection of Spring )
Jesus gave a command at Luke 22:19 to remember his ' day of death ' ( month of Nisan the 14th day on the Jewish calendar )
Just as a wedding anniversary does not alway come on a Friday, the annual anniversary of Jesus' death would Not always fall on a Friday.
Looking at the calendar as it would appear in Jerusalem then the anniversary of Nisan the 14th day would be this Tuesday April 4th after sunset.

Elihoenai

The word Easter comes from a non-biblical source ( Easter meaning: the Resurrection of Spring )
Jesus gave a command at Luke 22:19 to remember his ' day of death ' ( month of Nisan the 14th day on the Jewish calendar )
Just as a wedding anniversary does not alway come on a Friday, the annual anniversary of Jesus' death would Not always fall on a Friday.
Looking at the calendar as it would appear in Jerusalem then the anniversary of Nisan the 14th day would be this Tuesday April 4th after sunset.
Leviticus 23:5-6

5 In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the Lord's passover.

6 And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the Lord: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread.

Galatians 4:10

10 Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.

I have 2 weeks and 2 days Holyday/Holiday to observe both Passover and Easter.

The Passover is from 4th April Sunset to 5th April Sunset. The Feast of Unleavened Bread is from 5th April Sunset to 13th April Sunset. The Festival of Passover and Unleavened Bread is from 4th April Sunset to 13th April Sunset.

Easter is from 7th April to 9th April with Good Friday being on the 7th April and Resurrection Day/Easter being on the 9th April.

I still have a Foot in the Temporal Camp and that's why I Must Observe these Carnal Ordinances. Christianity and Judaism both have Traditions of Men that are Non-Biblical. You can make the observation of Passover/Easter Spiritual or Temporal. Paganism is Elohim/God Flesh and that means almost every person on the Planet is Really a Pagan.

Last edited:

PureX

Veteran Member
To me it's a story about trust, courage, and patience. And about remembering that even the darkest times will pass. And that they are easier for us to endure together, than they are, apart.

2ndpillar

Passover is in remembrance of the angles of death passing over Israel because they acted upon God's Word and covered their door posts with the blood of the Lamb. The "angels" of death are coming again with respect to the "day of the LORD" (Joel 2:31-32 & 6:2), which will usher in the 7th millennium as laid out in Matthew 13:30 & 38-42, whereas those "who commit lawlessness" will be "gathered" and thrown into the "furnace of fire", the "great tribulation" (Matthew 24:21). At that time, which is at the "end of the age", which we are now at that point, the "nations"/Gentiles will be brought to the valley of judgment, "Har-Magedon" (Rev 16:16), and dealt with for how they treated Judah and Israel, and they themselves being sold into slavery (Joel 3:8). Your pagan "spring festival", was with respect to the pagan god Astarte, and is a pagan ritual initiated in the Roman church at the time of the Council of Nicaea, which was convened by the "beast with two horns like a lamb", the Roman emperor Constantine in 325 A.D.. Those with the mark of the beast will have to drink from the cup of "His anger" (Rev 14:10).

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Leviticus 23:5-6

5 In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the Lord's passover.

6 And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the Lord: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread.

Galatians 4:10

10 Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.

The Passover is from 4th April Sunset to 5th April Sunset. The Feast of Unleavened Bread is from 5th April Sunset to 13th April Sunset. The Festival of Passover and Unleavened Bread is from 4th April Sunset to 13th April Sunset.

Easter is from 7th April to 9th April with Good Friday being on the 7th April and Resurrection Day/Easter being on the 9th April.

I still have a Foot in the Temporal Camp and that's why I Must Observe these Carnal Ordinances. Christianity and Judaism both have Traditions of Men that are Non-Biblical. You can make the observation of Passover/Easter Spiritual or Temporal. Paganism is Elohim/God Flesh and that means almost every person on the Planet is Really a Pagan.
Passover is a Jewish festival that remembers the Exodus from Egypt. Easter is a Christian holy day that celebrates the resurrection. Christianity stopped being a Jewish sect 2000 years ago, so you have no need to keep the Passover. And I see no reason why the Christian Church can't come up with its own holy days, same as any other religion.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Leviticus 23:5-65 In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the Lord's passover.
6 And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the Lord: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread. Galatians 4:10 10 Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.

Since Jesus only specified to observe his Day of Death (Nisan 14) on the Jewish calendar. He mentions No resurrection day. - Luke 22:19
Because of using the Jewish calendar as the full moon would be in Jerusalem thus Passover's anniversary would be here on Tuesday April 4th after Sunset.
Easter means Resurrection of Spring a non-biblical celebration.
Plus, as one's wedding anniversary does Not always fall on a Sunday the resurrection anniversary of Jesus could not always fall on a Sunday.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Passover is a Jewish festival that remembers the Exodus from Egypt. Easter is a Christian holy day that celebrates the resurrection. Christianity stopped being a Jewish sect 2000 years ago, so you have no need to keep the Passover. And I see no reason why the Christian Church can't come up with its own holy days, same as any other religion.
Easter is a Non-Christian holy day because Jesus said to observe his Day of Death - Luke 22:19 - Not to come up with another.
Nisan 14 ( Jewish calendar month and day of Jesus' death ) replaces the annual Passover.
Just as the Passover would Not always fall on a Friday, nor would the anniversary of Jesus' death always be a Friday.
That means: even a secular Easter could Not alway fall on a calendar's Sunday.
Easter Sunday is thus a man-made holiday outside of Scripture.

Elihoenai

To me it's a story about trust, courage, and patience. And about remembering that even the darkest times will pass. And that they are easier for us to endure together, than they are, apart.
What type of Courage do you have to Possess? What is it that you are enduring and showing patience for?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Easter, a festival to the pagan god Astarte, instituted during the 325 A.D. Council of Nicaea, which was convened by the "beast with two horns like a lamb" (Revelation 13:11), the Roman emperor Constantine, has nothing to do with Passover, which is with respect to applying some of the blood on the door posts and lintels, to ward off the coming angels of death, and it was not "passover" that was killed, but the "Passover lamb", per Exodus 12:21-22. It was "passover" that was killed by the Roman Gentile church and replaced by the pagan spring festival of Astarte. Today the blood on the doorposts is replaced by the "Commandments" posted on the doorpost (Deut 6:9), otherwise, the "angels", which are coming again, will come into one's house at the "end of the age" (Matthew 13:30), and "gather" those who "commit lawlessness" as in breaking the Commandments (Matthew 13:39-42). Oh yeah, those that "commit lawlessness", will then be thrown into the "furnace of fire", as in the coming "great tribulation", as in the "day of the LORD" (Joel 2:31-32).
@Augustus

Sorry not sorry :D

PureX

Veteran Member
What type of Courage do you have to Possess? What is it that you are enduring and showing patience for?
Everyone has to endure injustice, hardship, pain, loss, dread, and so on at various times in their lives. And it takes courage and patience and faith to endure these when we have no control over them, or escape from them. It's important to know that they will pass. And to hold fast.

Elihoenai

Galatians 3:28

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Christian Gnosticism Transcends the Jewish and Christian Tribalism Dichotomy. The Holy Scriptures/Bible from Genesis to Revelation is a Unified Whole.

I keep Passover/Easter because Elohim/God Commanded me to do so and I Delight to do what Elohim/God Commands me to do. I Must keep the Passover/Easter because Not Yet Transcended the Temporal in the journey to the Few hundred/thousand Elect.

Easter is about the Death, Burial and Resurrection of Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ where there is a Holy Week.

Easter

"...Easter-observing Christians commonly refer to the week before Easter as Holy Week, which in Western Christianity begins on Palm Sunday (marking the entrance of Jesus in Jerusalem), includes Spy Wednesday (on which the betrayal of Jesus is mourned),[14] and contains the days of the Easter Triduum including Maundy Thursday, commemorating the Maundy and Last Supper,[15][16] as well as Good Friday, commemorating the crucifixion and death of Jesus...."

Last edited:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Exodus 12:21

21 Then Moses called for all the elders of Israel, and said unto them, Draw out and take you a lamb according to your families, and kill the passover.

What does the Passover/Easter Holyday/Holiday Festival mean to you? What will you be doing as a Memorial to this Festival? Do you think Elohim/God will be pleased with your Festivities?
Both Passover and Easter - the religious versions, anyway - symbolize God's injustice and cruelty in different but related ways.

I will be celebrating a completely secularized version of Easter: lots of chocolate, lots of bunny decorations, and no Jesus whatsoever. I dont think that any gods exist, so I don't expect that God will have an opinion about it.

Elihoenai

Since Jesus only specified to observe his Day of Death (Nisan 14) on the Jewish calendar. He mentions No resurrection day. - Luke 22:19
Because of using the Jewish calendar as the full moon would be in Jerusalem thus Passover's anniversary would be here on Tuesday April 4th after Sunset.
Easter means Resurrection of Spring a non-biblical celebration.
Plus, as one's wedding anniversary does Not always fall on a Sunday the resurrection anniversary of Jesus could not always fall on a Sunday.
To Christians, Easter is about the Death, Burial and Resurrection of Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ.