• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Does Passover/Easter Holyday/Holiday Mean To You?

Elihoenai

Everyone has to endure injustice, hardship, pain, loss, dread, and so on at various times in their lives. And it takes courage and patience and faith to endure these when we have no control over them, or escape from them. It's important to know that they will pass. And to hold fast.
1 Peter 4:15-16

15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.

16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

Are you talking about Temporal/Worldly Difficulties? All the Suffering in the Temporal/World is because of Sin. Is your suffering because of your Sins?

Elihoenai

Both Passover and Easter - the religious versions, anyway - symbolize God's injustice and cruelty in different but related ways.

I will be celebrating a completely secularized version of Easter: lots of chocolate, lots of bunny decorations, and no Jesus whatsoever. I dont think that any gods exist, so I don't expect that God will have an opinion about it.
Could you expand on what you mean by Passover and Easter symbolizing God's Injustice and Cruelty.

The way you celebrate Easter is no different from most of the Christians in Christendom.

Elihoenai

- murdering babies is bad.
- murdering an innocent person is bad.

Good for them! It's a fun time.
Isaiah 45:7

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

It's the Price of Freewill. Elohim/God has given its Creation the choice to serve the Good Side or the Bad Side of Elohim/God. The Bad Side of Elohim/God is Satan. In the Bad World the Brutes of the World don't respond to Hugs and Kisses.

Elohim/God has given the Earthly Jesus Earthly Dominion in the Law of the Jungle and the Rule of Law.

Sicario 2015 - Time To Meet God Diner Scene HD

Sicario (Ending Scene) : This is the land of wolves now

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Isaiah 45:7

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

It's the Price of Freewill. Elohim/God has given its Creation the choice to serve the Good Side or the Bad Side of Elohim/God. The Bad Side of Elohim/God is Satan. In the Bad World the Brutes of the World don't respond to Hugs and Kisses.

Elohim/God has given the Earthly Jesus Earthly Dominion in the Law of the Jungle and the Rule of Law.

Sicario 2015 - Time To Meet God Diner Scene HD

Sicario (Ending Scene) : This is the land of wolves now
Just so I'm clear: are you seriously trying to defend the murder of babies?

If so, give your head a shake.

Elihoenai

Just so I'm clear: are you seriously trying to defend the murder of babies?

If so, give your head a shake.
Matthew 28:18

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

I'm saying that in the Bad World the Most Committed has the Dominion/Power. That means the Most Ruthless and the Earthly Jesus is Most Ruthless in the Bad World. If you watch the movie clips you should get the message.

I Am Ultra Extremist Non-Violent Christian.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I'm saying that in the Bad World the Most Committed has the Dominion/Power. That means the Most Ruthless and the Earthly Jesus is Most Ruthless in the Bad World. If you watch the movie clips you should get the message.
I'm not going to watch your videos.

If you can't be bothered to actually type out what you mean, I'm not going to sit through a video just because you copy-pasted a link or two. I'm not inclined to put any more effort into your argument than you've put into it.
I Am Ultra Extremist Non-Violent Christian.
Are you actually non-violent, or do you just outsource your violence to God?

Elihoenai

That translation for Exodus 12:21 shown in the OP may be confusing for some where it quotes: "and kill the Passover." I know it says that literally in the Torah, but many translations into English generally show that "and kill the Passover lamb" or "and kill the Passover sacrifice" is what is implied.

To me, Pesach (Passover) is a celebration of freedom. It also means getting together with family and friends for the seder meal with the specific foods that symbolize and retell the Pesach story. For the first night's seder, I will be at my synagogue where we will be having a community seder immediately following service. For the second night's seder, one of my friends is hosting at her house and I'll be there.

For those who aren't familiar with the Jewish holiday, many Jews in the Diaspora (living outside Israel) hold a separate seder for each the first two nights of Pesach.
What does Freedom mean to Jews today? By Observing Passover you are Celebrating Freedom. Do this mean Jews are Free today?

2ndpillar

Everyone has to endure injustice, hardship, pain, loss, dread, and so on at various times in their lives. And it takes courage and patience and faith to endure these when we have no control over them, or escape from them. It's important to know that they will pass. And to hold fast.
They will pass or they will kill you. Best to determine what brought one into such a predicament. One either learns for history, or they repeat it. The day of judgment, when the nations are taken into the valley of judgment (Joel 3:2) with regard to the "day of the LORD" (Joel 2:31-32) is shown to be the judgment as regards to the treatment of Israel by the nations. Now the reason for one's individual plagues and failures, are more often than not, in line with one's own actions, whether investigated or not. The present Progressive view, is that their failures are the result of MAGA, and racism, but on further investigation, those are false blame games.

2ndpillar

To Christians, Easter is about the Death, Burial and Resurrection of Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ.
Christians are also under the impression that Yeshua died for their sins, yet continue to walk in their sins and have to deal with their ensuing plagues and death. Easter is the pagan spring festival and was deliberately cut off from Passover to exclude the Jewish connection at the time of the Roman emperor's convened Council of Nicaea. Passover was the memorial of the passing over of the angels of death and the saving of the people of Israel who followed God's instructions. The angels of death are coming again with respect to the "end of the age", and the throwing into the "furnace of fire", the "tares", those "who commit lawlessness" (Matthew 13:30 & 38-42). One either learns from the past or repeat it.

PureX

Veteran Member
They will pass or they will kill you.
Either way, they will pass.
Best to determine what brought one into such a predicament.
Why? Knowing this will not change anything, most of the time.
One either learns for history, or they repeat it.
That means nothing in the moment. And we don't control the future any more than we could have controlled the past. Most of what happens to us in this world is not of our own doing.
The day of judgment, when the nations are taken into the valley of judgment (Joel 3:2) with regard to the "day of the LORD" (Joel 2:31-32) is shown to be the judgment as regards to the treatment of Israel by the nations. Now the reason for one's individual plagues and failures, are more often than not, in line with one's own actions, whether investigated or not. The present Progressive view, is that their failures are the result of MAGA, and racism, but on further investigation, those are false blame games.
Blaming ignorant humans for behaving like ignorant humans is a fool's task.

@Augustus

Sorry not sorry
xlcfrclo06381.jpg

“… and that’s why we know it was invented by Constantine at Nicaea!”

2ndpillar

That means nothing in the moment. And we don't control the future any more than we could have controlled the past. Most of what happens to us in this world is not of our own doing.
When a bank robber keeps getting arrested and thrown into jail, and one day decides to stay out of jail, he might want to reflect on how he got there in the first place and change the path he is walking on. Now I realize that the Progressives place all their problems on others, but they might want to look in the mirror.

Elihoenai

Christians are also under the impression that Yeshua died for their sins, yet continue to walk in their sins and have to deal with their ensuing plagues and death. Easter is the pagan spring festival and was deliberately cut off from Passover to exclude the Jewish connection at the time of the Roman emperor's convened Council of Nicaea. Passover was the memorial of the passing over of the angels of death and the saving of the people of Israel who followed God's instructions. The angels of death are coming again with respect to the "end of the age", and the throwing into the "furnace of fire", the "tares", those "who commit lawlessness" (Matthew 13:30 & 38-42). One either learns from the past or repeat it.
2 Thessalonians 2:9-12

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Indeed, that Yeshua/Jesus died for the the Sins of Christians is Foundational Doctrine in Christendom. They are taught by Satanic Priests/Pastors that Yeshua/Jesus did it all already and that you, as a Christian, don't have to do anything and shouldn't try do anything about your Sins. That's attractive to Men/Women because of the Inherited Sin Nature from Adam and means that they don't have to give up their Sins. In Earthly Christianity the Earthly Yeshua/Jesus is a Sin Maintainer and Promoter. This is Ordained by Elohim/God.

As for Easter, it depends what you do during this Holyday/Holiday. If the Christians Easter is about eating Easter Eggs and stuffing themselves with tasty food and such like than that's Pagan. Given that Easter is about the Worship of Elohim/God through Yeshua/Jesus than it is Not Pagan. Yet, the Earthly Yeshua/Jesus is Pagan because Paganism is Elohim/God Flesh. I speak from Christian Gnostic Perspective.

Last edited:

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
Premium Member
What does Freedom mean to Jews today? By Observing Passover you are Celebrating Freedom. Do this mean Jews are Free today?
I suppose that depends on where one lives in the world and how one defines "freedom." I live in the U.S. where I consider myself to be free, and I'm very grateful for that. Until the fall of the Soviet Union, there were Jews (and also people of other religions) who were not free to openly practice our faith in Soviet nations. In 1957 Khrushchev launched one of his more severe campaigns against religion, this one focusing on Judaism with the government closing many of the country's remaining synagogues. It was extremely difficult for Jews (or anyone else, for that matter) to escape the Soviet Union for immigration to other countries, and it wasn't until the late 1980s that Mikhail Gorbachev began to allow Jews in numbers to leave the country for Israel.

But freedom means more than just the absence of bondage -- it also means the presence of justice. Much as I love Israel and our people there, and I will fiercely defend Israel's right to exist as long as I breathe on this earth, I acknowledge that there are some policies supported by the current government that are not always just. As for here in the U.S., we do not always have justice for all, despite the promise in our Pledge of Allegiance. For all our aspirations, regardless of where we live, we are all flawed to some degree and the world is in need of healing.

At Passover (tomorrow evening), my congregation will meet at our synagogue for both a short service and a longer seder. We will pray not only for continued freedom for ourselves and others, but also for justice in the world. Second Night of Passover takes place on Thursday evening, and that's when I will be attending another seder at the house of one of my friends. We will also be praying for freedom, justice, and peace in the world that will someday (in accordance with our belief) be brought by Moshiach.

Edited to add: We also enjoy the entertainment aspect of Passover, of course (as @metis reminded me in his post about the entertainment of their mixed-religion family gatherings). The children have fun searching for the afikoman and opening the door to admit an invisible Eliyah to the seder. We sing traditional songs (some silly and fun songs, too). And we most of all enjoy each other's company.

Side note to @metis: Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary and birthday! May you have many more to celebrate with family and friends!

Last edited:

PureX

Veteran Member
When a bank robber keeps getting arrested and thrown into jail, and one day decides to stay out of jail, he might want to reflect on how he got there in the first place and change the path he is walking on. Now I realize that the Progressives place all their problems on others, but they might want to look in the mirror.
You are ignoring the fact that nearly everything that happens to us happens beyond our control.

Good luck with that philosophy.

2ndpillar

You are ignoring the fact that nearly everything that happens to us happens beyond our control.

Good luck with that philosophy.
I am sure your life is not in your control, but that is an awful way to live. I control where I live, how much I work, who I deal with, what I eat, and what I do with my time and resources. On the other hand, there are those who besides the bank robber in jail who have little or no control. I would surmise that they need to do a little self-examination. As for the weather, the "righteous" even have some control over that (James 5:16-18). As for the "wicked", well they go were the wind blows, which is generally in the direction of "destruction" (Matthew 7:13-15).

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
Deuteronomy 7:6

6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

Chosen of Deuteronomy 7:6, a Special People Unto Elohim/God. Given that a Jewish Mum determines Jewishness, are Jews that don't practice Judaism, Jewish Atheists and Jewish Apostates viewed as still being among Elohim's/God's Chosen? Don't you see the word "Above" meaning Superior to the Gentiles? Is there another word for "Above" in the Hebrew?

I didn't see this get answered.

Deuteronomy 7:6, the word that is being translated as "above" is not above in Hebrew. It's better translated as "possession" or "treasure". Compare to Malachi 3:17. The Jewish people are treasured, and are unique, special, but not above.

Keep reading to the next verse:
The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because you were מֵֽרֻבְּכֶ֞ם "greater" than any people; for you were the הַמְעַ֖ט "lesser" of all peoples;​

Elihoenai

I suppose that depends on where one lives in the world and how one defines "freedom." I live in the U.S. where I consider myself to be free, and I'm very grateful for that. Until the fall of the Soviet Union, there were Jews (and also people of other religions) who were not free to openly practice our faith in Soviet nations. In 1957 Khrushchev launched one of his more severe campaigns against religion, this one focusing on Judaism with the government closing many of the country's remaining synagogues. It was extremely difficult for Jews (or anyone else, for that matter) to escape the Soviet Union for immigration to other countries, and it wasn't until the late 1980s that Mikhail Gorbachev began to allow Jews in numbers to leave the country for Israel.

But freedom means more than just the absence of bondage -- it also means the presence of justice. Much as I love Israel and our people there, and I will fiercely defend Israel's right to exist as long as I breathe on this earth, I acknowledge that there are some policies supported by the current government that are not always just. As for here in the U.S., we do not always have justice for all, despite the promise in our Pledge of Allegiance. For all our aspirations, regardless of where we live, we are all flawed to some degree and the world is in need of healing.

At Passover (tomorrow evening), my congregation will meet at our synagogue for both a short service and a longer seder. We will pray not only for continued freedom for ourselves and others, but also for justice in the world. Second Night of Passover takes place on Thursday evening, and that's when I will be attending another seder at the house of one of my friends. We will also be praying for freedom, justice, and peace in the world that will someday (in accordance with our belief) be brought by Moshiach.

Edited to add: We also enjoy the entertainment aspect of Passover, of course (as @metis reminded me in his post about the entertainment of their mixed-religion family gatherings). The children have fun searching for the afikoman and opening the door to admit an invisible Eliyah to the seder. We sing traditional songs (some silly and fun songs, too). And we most of all enjoy each other's company.

Side note to @metis: Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary and birthday! May you have many more to celebrate with family and friends!

Proverbs 21:15

15 To do justice [is] joy to the righteous, But ruin to workers of iniquity.

The info is much appreciated.

Therefore Freedom from the Jewish perspective is the license to Openly Practice your Faith/Religion and the Presence of Justice. There is Not any Justice in the World and there will Never Be Justice in the World because of Sin. After thousands of years Fraudulent Deceptive apparent attempts of Justice you must realise that the World is Built on Injustice. The World is under the Dominion and Leadership of the Great Sinners of the World.

I'm celebrating both Passover/Unleavened Bread and Easter as a Monk to draw closer to Elohim/God.

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
Premium Member
Proverbs 21:15

15 To do justice [is] joy to the righteous, But ruin to workers of iniquity.

The info is much appreciated.

Therefore Freedom from the Jewish perspective is the license to Openly Practice your Faith/Religion and the Presence of Justice. There is Not any Justice in the World and there will Never Be Justice in the World because of Sin. After thousands of years Fraudulent Deceptive apparent attempts of Justice you must realise that the World is Built on Injustice. The World is under the Dominion and Leadership of the Great Sinners of the World.

I'm celebrating both Passover/Unleavened Bread and Easter as a Monk to draw closer to Elohim/God.

I actually try to take a more optimistic view of humanity as a whole. Anne Frank, despite the injustice she endured, still believed that there were more good people in the world than bad. I hold on to that belief, because the alternative is to sink into despair and give up on life.

Anne_Frank_passport_photo,_May_1942.jpg

Last edited: