• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Does Passover/Easter Holyday/Holiday Mean To You?

Elihoenai

If so, you should abide in the message of the son of man, and "come out of her", the daughter of Babylon, or suffer her "plagues" (Rev 18:4). Also keep in mind Yeshua's parable of the kingdom of heaven, whereas the "enemy" plants his "tare" seed, the gospel of lawlessness, right next to the "good seed", the message of the son of man, the farm owner, and the "tares", the result of the tare seed, will remain unperturbed, until the "end of the age", which is now (Matthew 13:24-30), at which time the tares, the resulting product of the tare seed, are "gathered" and thrown into the "furnace of fire". Your "holy" scripture NT canon comes from Roman Catholic church, who is a daughter of Babylon, who comes with "abominations" (Revelation 17:5). Yeshua's message was that one should abide his message or "fall". (Matthew 7:24-27).
Hebrews 13:8

8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

The Power that the Universal Roman Catholic Church has is Ordained by Elohim/God. All Power is Ordained by Elohim/God. There is Temporal Power and Spiritual Power.

Elohim/God is Everything that Exists. Everything that Happens is the Will of Elohim/God and Ordained by Elohim/God.

Given that you Reject the New Testament/Greek Scriptures you Assert that you are Not a Christian. Given that you Reject the New Testament/Greek Scriptures, why do you use them? Do you believe in Elohim/God?

Your Interpretations are Temporal being Bound by Time.

Historical vs Religious Interpretations

Last edited:

Elihoenai

Yes, of course, for the full 40 days of Lent. There are many ways to observe Lent. One way that I observe Lent is that for forty days I put one item of clothing or whatever per day into a trash bag or laundry basket and then at the end of Lent I donate this bunch of items, typically to a women's shelter. It starts off pretty easy but gets harder and harder as the 40 days goes on, believe me!
Does doing this Charitable work draw you closer to Elohim/God? I recall Mother Teresa's Testimony, who Totally Devoted self to Charitable Works, declaring in letters that Elohim/God is Absent. What about you?

2ndpillar

Hebrews 13:8

8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

The Power that the Universal Roman Catholic Church has is Ordained by Elohim/God. All Power is Ordained by Elohim/God. There is Temporal Power and Spiritual Power.

Elohim/God is Everything that Exists. Everything that Happens is the Will of Elohim/God and Ordained by Elohim/God.

Given that you Reject the New Testament/Greek Scriptures you Assert that you are Not a Christian. Given that you Reject the New Testament/Greek Scriptures, why do you use them? Do you believe in Elohim/God?

Your Interpretations are Temporal being Bound by Time.

Historical vs Religious Interpretations
You can't even get the false prophet Paul to verify your definition of the holy writings, the Scriptures. He identifies the "holy writings", as writings Timothy read from "childhood", which would eliminate any writings of Paul. (2 Tim 3:15) This would be in line with the writings of a false prophet, as you have identified the writings of the false prophet Paul as being "inspired by God" (2 Tim 3:16), which leads you down the wide path to "destruction" (Matthew 7:13-15). As for quoting some unknown author of Hebrews, who says the "Word" is "obsolete" and passing away, you kind of undermine the quote you cited from Hebrews. But then again, the leaven of the Pharisees is hypocrisy. That is not to say anything Paul says is "inspired by God", as the "false prophet" has a "demon spirit" as laid out in Revelation 16:13.

2 Timothy 3:15 and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

2ndpillar

Response to this and further to your post #66: What Does Passover/Easter Holyday/Holiday Mean To You?

The Holy Scriptures/Bible from Genesis to Revelation is the Inspired Word of Elohim/God.

The Holy Scriptures/Bible form Genesis to Revelation is the Christians Holy Book.

Christians believe everything in the Holy Scriptures/Bible from Genesis to Revelation.

People that don't believe everything in the Holy Scriptures/Bible are Not Christians.

Members of the Universal Church see different things having different Interpretations.

Me and you, @2ndpillar, are Not Seeing the same Paul and Peter.
I must agree, for "those who commit lawlessness" are among the "wicked" and cannot either see nor hear as with respect to the "kingdom of heaven" as laid out in Matthew 13:13-14 & 38-42 & Daniel 12:10. You seem to lump the "tare seed", the message of the "enemy"/"devil", with the message of the son of man, and then go onto make the "Word made flesh" "obsolete" and "passing away". Your type of doublemindedness was apparently the straw that brought on the writing of the book "1984".

Matthew 13:13“Therefore I speak to them in parables; because while seeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.
14“In their case the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled, which says,
‘YOU WILL KEEP ON HEARING, BUT WILL NOT UNDERSTAND;
YOU WILL KEEP ON SEEING, BUT WILL NOT PERCEIVE;

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Does doing this Charitable work draw you closer to Elohim/God? I recall Mother Teresa's Testimony, who Totally Devoted self to Charitable Works, declaring in letters that Elohim/God is Absent. What about you?
I am always close to God but Lenten activities draw me closer.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Is the determining factor of Elohim's/God's Chosen People Physical Inheritance? Does the Jewish Community view Jews that don't practice Judaism, Jewish Apostates and Jewish Atheists all still the Chosen People in the Eyes of Elohim/God because of their Genes?
Jewish identity is determined by one of two things. 1. You are born of a Jewish mom OR 2. you are adopted into the people via a formal conversion.

It is not genes. Example number 1: If you are born of a Jewish dad but your mom is a non-Jew, you are not Jewish. Example number 2: if you have no Jewish ancestry, but are a formal convert to Judaism, you are 100% Jew.

Being a part of teh People of Israel is like being part of any other tribal people. For example, being a Lakota. The easiest way to be a Lakota is simply to be born one. However, in rare circumstances, outsiders are adopted into the Lakota people. It's the same way with the People of Israel. If you could somehow make a new box in your mind for how things work for tribal peoples, it would curtail a lot of your confusion.

Elihoenai

You can't even get the false prophet Paul to verify your definition of the holy writings, the Scriptures. He identifies the "holy writings", as writings Timothy read from "childhood", which would eliminate any writings of Paul. (2 Tim 3:15) This would be in line with the writings of a false prophet, as you have identified the writings of the false prophet Paul as being "inspired by God" (2 Tim 3:16), which leads you down the wide path to "destruction" (Matthew 7:13-15). As for quoting some unknown author of Hebrews, who says the "Word" is "obsolete" and passing away, you kind of undermine the quote you cited from Hebrews. But then again, the leaven of the Pharisees is hypocrisy. That is not to say anything Paul says is "inspired by God", as the "false prophet" has a "demon spirit" as laid out in Revelation 16:13.

2 Timothy 3:15 and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
I Am Closed Minded in my position having Absolute Certainty and you, @2ndpillar, are Closed Minded in your position. Therefore, as readers can see no progress is going to be made.

Being Dogmatic is a Requirement and Badge of Honour to the Religious.

Elihoenai

I must agree, for "those who commit lawlessness" are among the "wicked" and cannot either see nor hear as with respect to the "kingdom of heaven" as laid out in Matthew 13:13-14 & 38-42 & Daniel 12:10. You seem to lump the "tare seed", the message of the "enemy"/"devil", with the message of the son of man, and then go onto make the "Word made flesh" "obsolete" and "passing away". Your type of doublemindedness was apparently the straw that brought on the writing of the book "1984".

Matthew 13:13“Therefore I speak to them in parables; because while seeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.
14“In their case the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled, which says,
‘YOU WILL KEEP ON HEARING, BUT WILL NOT UNDERSTAND;
YOU WILL KEEP ON SEEING, BUT WILL NOT PERCEIVE;
1 John 4:1-3

4 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Amen! You, @2ndpillar, are Not a Christian, therefore it's impossible for you to Hear and See the Christians Holy Book. Those that are Not Practitioners of a particular Religion Cannot Understand the Religion.

I'm from London, England where the 1984 Novel is set. A movie was made on the Novel:

1984 (1984) ORIGINAL TRAILER [HD]

Pink Floyd: The Wall (1982): In the Flesh, Run Like Hell, Waiting for the Worm w/ Subtitles

Elihoenai

I am always close to God but Lenten activities draw me closer.
Romans 8:6

6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

I've been Contemplating The 14 Stations of the Cross. I Am Christian Gnostic, therefore, searching out the Deeper Spiritual meaning. You can make it Spiritual or Temporal. Given that you are Spiritually Minded, you find Spiritual in everything.

Stations of the Cross

Stations

"The early set of seven scenes was usually numbers 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 11 and 14 from the list below.[16] From the late 16th century to the present, the standard complement has consisted of 14 pictures or sculptures depicting the following scenes:[18][19][20]

1. Jesus is condemned to death
2. Jesus takes up his Cross
3. Jesus falls the first time
4. Jesus meets his Mother
5. Simon of Cyrene helps Jesus carry the Cross
6. Veronica wipes the face of Jesus
7. Jesus falls for the second time
8. Jesus meets the women of Jerusalem
9. Jesus falls for the third time
10. Jesus is stripped of his garments (sometimes called the "Division of Robes")
11. Jesus is nailed to the Cross
12. Jesus dies on the Cross
13. Jesus is taken down from the Cross
14. Jesus is laid in the tomb..."

Elihoenai

Jewish identity is determined by one of two things. 1. You are born of a Jewish mom OR 2. you are adopted into the people via a formal conversion.

It is not genes. Example number 1: If you are born of a Jewish dad but your mom is a non-Jew, you are not Jewish. Example number 2: if you have no Jewish ancestry, but are a formal convert to Judaism, you are 100% Jew.

Being a part of teh People of Israel is like being part of any other tribal people. For example, being a Lakota. The easiest way to be a Lakota is simply to be born one. However, in rare circumstances, outsiders are adopted into the Lakota people. It's the same way with the People of Israel. If you could somehow make a new box in your mind for how things work for tribal peoples, it would curtail a lot of your confusion.
There is no confusion. Getting the Jewish Community perspective.

Therefore, having a Jewish Mum and being a Formal Convert to Judaism makes you Jewish. Are the Jewish People Elohim's/God's Chosen People? Does the Jewish Community believe that they are the Chosen People of Elohim/God?

2ndpillar

I Am Closed Minded in my position having Absolute Certainty and you, @2ndpillar, are Closed Minded in your position. Therefore, as readers can see no progress is going to be made.

Being Dogmatic is a Requirement and Badge of Honour to the Religious.
I must agree with you that you are apparently "closed minded". As for me, I learn daily. As I am not "religious" other than visiting "orphans", and do not belong to nor walk with any sect, unlike yourself, I can't be categorized by sect or religion. You seem to align yourself with the "enlightened", yet I see no hint of your religious sect's enlightenment. Your well seems to be grounded in the Roman Catholic dogma and canon, yet you bash the actual fountain of your supposed knowledge.

2ndpillar

1 John 4:1-3

4 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Amen! You, @2ndpillar, are Not a Christian, therefore it's impossible for you to Hear and See the Christians Holy Book. Those that are Not Practitioners of a particular Religion Cannot Understand the Religion.

I'm from London, England where the 1984 Novel is set. A movie was made on the Novel:

1984 (1984) ORIGINAL TRAILER [HD]

Pink Floyd: The Wall (1982): In the Flesh, Run Like Hell, Waiting for the Worm w/ Subtitles
And yet you follow the "false prophet" Paul, who was "even now in the world" (1 John 4:3), and as described by Yeshua in Matthew 7:13-24, whereas I don't. As for Orwell, apparently, he was 40 years ahead of his time, and his Orwellian world exists in full force in London. Apparently, England's former slaves have come back to curse her in form of their leadership. Good luck with that, and with your new "woke" king.
"Christian" is a Greek word. God's chosen people were the sons of Israel, and they were looking forward to the "anointed one" (messiah), king David, who would lead the recombined Judah and Ephraim in the land given to Jacob (Ezekiel 37). The Gentiles pretty much get everything wrong, including the name of the "son of man", and his position, which is to eventually, "after two days" (2000 years) (Hosea 6:2), to be the one "shepherd"/"prince", and who was to rule over the Gentiles with a "rod of iron" (Revelation 19:15) from Jerusalem (Zech 14:16).

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
There is no confusion. Getting the Jewish Community perspective.

Therefore, having a Jewish Mum and being a Formal Convert to Judaism makes you Jewish. Are the Jewish People Elohim's/God's Chosen People? Does the Jewish Community believe that they are the Chosen People of Elohim/God?
When you ask if the Jews are the chosen people, I first have to ask you, chosen for what? We aren't better people than anyone else, for example, not superior. Rather, we are chosen for a job, to be the priests of the world, to spread ethical monotheism. We are chosen to take on the responsibility of 613 commandments in covenant with God.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
When you ask if the Jews are the chosen people, I first have to ask you, chosen for what? We aren't better people than anyone else, for example, not superior. Rather, we are chosen for a job, to be the priests of the world, to spread ethical monotheism. We are chosen to take on the responsibility of 613 commandments in covenant with God.
So, picture this: Moses holds his hands up high and says "HaShem, if we are the chosen ones, why is it that the Arabs get all the oil and we have to cut off the ends of our what???".

Elihoenai

I must agree with you that you are apparently "closed minded". As for me, I learn daily. As I am not "religious" other than visiting "orphans", and do not belong to nor walk with any sect, unlike yourself, I can't be categorized by sect or religion. You seem to align yourself with the "enlightened", yet I see no hint of your religious sect's enlightenment. Your well seems to be grounded in the Roman Catholic dogma and canon, yet you bash the actual fountain of your supposed knowledge.
Romans 13:1

13 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

I Am Closed Minded about everything in the Holy Scriptures/Bible from Genesis to Revelation being True and Accurate having Absolute Certainty and you are Closed Minded about the New Testament/Greek Scriptures and Paul the Apostle.

Given that you, @2ndpillar, don't Really Believe in Elohim/God you will never understand. There are Billions of people who consider themselves believers of Elohim/God and are Not Aware that Really they don't Believe in Elohim/God.

The Universal Roman Catholic Church is Elohim's/God's Temporal Power on Earth. Elohim/God has given Men the choice to Serve the Spiritual or the Carnal side.

Based on responses you declare that you are Atheist and Against Religion. Do you consider yourself an Atheist?

Last edited:

Elihoenai

And yet you follow the "false prophet" Paul, who was "even now in the world" (1 John 4:3), and as described by Yeshua in Matthew 7:13-24, whereas I don't. As for Orwell, apparently, he was 40 years ahead of his time, and his Orwellian world exists in full force in London. Apparently, England's former slaves have come back to curse her in form of their leadership. Good luck with that, and with your new "woke" king.
"Christian" is a Greek word. God's chosen people were the sons of Israel, and they were looking forward to the "anointed one" (messiah), king David, who would lead the recombined Judah and Ephraim in the land given to Jacob (Ezekiel 37). The Gentiles pretty much get everything wrong, including the name of the "son of man", and his position, which is to eventually, "after two days" (2000 years) (Hosea 6:2), to be the one "shepherd"/"prince", and who was to rule over the Gentiles with a "rod of iron" (Revelation 19:15) from Jerusalem (Zech 14:16).
I'm Aware that Satanic/Orwellian World is in Full Force in London, as I experience this 24/7:

Christian means Follower of Christ/Messiah or Follower of The Anointed. Elohim/God is limited by Language. Since it appears you don't believe in Elohim/God you will not understand this.

Last edited:

Elihoenai

Deuteronomy 7:6

6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

Chosen of Deuteronomy 7:6, a Special People Unto Elohim/God. Given that a Jewish Mum determines Jewishness, are Jews that don't practice Judaism, Jewish Atheists and Jewish Apostates viewed as still being among Elohim's/God's Chosen? Don't you see the word "Above" meaning Superior to the Gentiles? Is there another word for "Above" in the Hebrew?

2ndpillar

I'm Aware that Satanic/Orwellian World is in Full Force in London, as I experience this 24/7:

Christian means Follower of Christ/Messiah or Follower of The Anointed. Elohim/God is limited by Language. Since it appears you don't believe in Elohim/God you will not understand this.
Elohim is a plural tense, so I must assume you are a follower of a Trinity of gods, which is not in line with the 1st Commandment of the God of Abraham. So does that mean you are a pagan?
Elohim , the plural of אֱלוֹהַּ‎ (ʾĔlōah), is a Hebrew word meaning "gods". Elohim - Wikipedia

Elihoenai

Elohim is a plural tense, so I must assume you are a follower of a Trinity of gods, which is not in line with the 1st Commandment of the God of Abraham. So does that mean you are a pagan?
Elohim , the plural of אֱלוֹהַּ‎ (ʾĔlōah), is a Hebrew word meaning "gods". Elohim - Wikipedia
You didn't correct my #96 post: What Does Passover/Easter Holyday/Holiday Mean To You?

The True Elohim/God is Not Limited by Language. The True Elohim/God is Unlimited.

Given that you have Not answered the Critical All-Important question about being an Atheist, I will assume that you are an Atheist. Astute readers of this thread can see you are Not Answering Basic Critical All-Important questions.

@2ndpillar, Based on your replies you are an Atheist that is Against Religion. This Atheist and Anti-Religious Identity explains why we are going around in circles getting nowhere because you Do Not Recognise the Power of Elohim/God.