• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does God want from you?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Jesus and Baha'u'llah are both physically dead and they are both in heaven in a spiritual body at the Right Hand of God.
They have the same status in God's eyes since they are both Messengers of God.
Jesus is not coming back to earth, ever. He finished the work thta God gave Him to do so there is no reason for Him to come back.
Only God can judge the world and separate the sheep from the goats, and God is doing so right now.
John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
Yes, the world will Not see a physical Jesus because God resurrected Jesus back to his pre-human 'spirit' body. - 1st Peter 3:18 B
Jesus was not praying his followers be God, but that they be one in the sense of unity, goal, purpose, belief........
Jesus finished his work and handed the rest over to his followers to continue the work at Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8
It is the 'sword-like executional words from Jesus' mouth ' that will execute destrying the wicked - see Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-15

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Bible chronology places Adam back to 4026 BCE with Adam dying in the year 3096 BCE at age 930 in Genesis.
I see. It's very interesting, don't you think, that the "first human" (according to the Bible) was born when there were already civilizations. It is known, now, that our species is at least 200,000 years old -- but I'm guessing you don't consider them "human" in quite the same way you see Jesus and yourself as human. But what about the people living in Australia at least 50,000 BCE (and possibly as much as 80,000 BCE)? How about the people who created the oldest known civilization in China, the Jiahu, who were extant from about 7,000 BCE to 5,700 BCE? Were they, likewise, not "quite human?"

I'm sure you see my problem -- we have excellent archaeological evidence of what look to be very much like humans all over the world (except Antarctica) before the time the Bible claims Adam was born, so of course I have to assume that they weren't the descendants of Adam. (Oh, unless, like Merlin, he "grows backwards" or "youthens instead of ages.")

Do you have any explanations for this slight anomaly?

Also, here we are, with the most advanced science in the history of the world, helping people to live longer and longer lives, the average lifespan having increased beyond what it has ever been in history, and yet the best we can do (as in the case of Jeanne Calumet of France) is 122 years and 164 days. It seems quite a feat, therefore, for Adam to have live more than 7 1/2 times as long, doesn't it?

I'm sure you can see, I'm just looking for a little help understanding the discrepancies that, to me at least, seem so glaringly obvious.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Question for you: what, exactly is a "spiritual body?"
It is a body that is not physical, a form of some kind comprised of elements that exist in the spiritual realm of existence..
And how does the entirely non-physical God have a right hand (let alone any hands at all)?
God has no hands. Right Hand of God is only a figure of speech that means close to God.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
It is a body that is not physical, a form of some kind comprised of elements that exist in the spiritual realm of existence..
Gotta wonder what that even means. I mean, the use of the terms "form" and "elements" already makes it physical. Are you aware of any examples that have ever been demonstrated of this "spiritual realm of existence?"

Reactions: ppp

Bird123

You Believe that you have Discovered something about God. It's all Beliefs with you.

I said: The Truth is that God sends Messengers. When are you going to Discover that?
You said: I have Discovered this is not true. I can not change the Truth. On the other hand, people can change their misguided beliefs.

You Believe that you have Discovered that it is not true that God sends Messengers, but you HAVE NOT Discovered that, you only Believe that.

What I know about God is what has been revealed by the Messengers of God, but that doesn't mean I KNOW God. I only know what was revealed about God, some attributes of God and God's will for humanity in this age. I don't know the Essence of God, nobody knows that.

That is why I do not believe what you say about God. As part of mankind so much of what you say about God simply isn't true.

That's what I see. It's very clear!!
I have Discovered those messengers do not come from God. How? Their actions and their words tell it all. They reflect mankind more than anything else.

You forget I have had interaction with God. I know first hand what God is like whether you believe this or not. This is something mankind nor messengers are not capable of. It must come from God.

Be who you must!! It's a part of the plan!!

In a time-based causal universe, God's actions can be seen. From here, it rests within your hands. Perhaps it's all a test of Intelligence. With God's Intelligence, one will always have to Stretch. To do the work Discovery takes, One must really SEEK!!! I think you are too busy accepting and following to be one hungry and seeking like myself.

I point!!

Bird123

Well, Baha'is need there to be laws from God. And they need the old laws to be renewed by every new manifestation. But if TB takes a look at the laws in the Bible, she might see things differently and agree with you... at with some of the laws. But really, Baha'is don't take the Bible literally anyway. So, why take the laws as having come literally from God? Like this one...

Exodus 21:28 “If a bull gores a man or woman to death, the bull is to be stoned to death, and its meat must not be eaten. But the owner of the bull will not be held responsible.... "

There are over 600 laws. Laws about all sorts of things.

Yes, mankind likes control. There have been some crazy laws made, however there have been some to help protect people. It would be so much better if mankind tried to solve the problems instead of merely locking people away. Sadly, problems will never go away until they are solved. I guess mankind needs to overcome the payback and punish mentality in favor of really doing the work needed to really solve and prevent the problems.

I must say you are really good at finding good information out there. It's a talent I have noticed. Good for you!!

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Gotta wonder what that even means. I mean, the use of the terms "form" and "elements" already makes it physical. Are you aware of any examples that have ever been demonstrated of this "spiritual realm of existence?"
Sure, we are only familiar with physical forms and elements since we live in a physical world but that doesn't mean that forms and elements have to be physical.

No, the "spiritual realm of existence" cannot be demonstrated from this physical realm of existence.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I have Discovered those messengers do not come from God. How? Their actions and their words tell it all. They reflect mankind more than anything else.
I have Discovered that nothing you say came from God. How? Your words tell it all. They reflect mankind more than anything else.
You forget I have had interaction with God. I know first hand what God is like whether you believe this or not.
I did not forget that you said that, I just don't believe it.

Interaction with God? Nobody ever had an interaction with God.
You have no idea what God is like, nobody knows that.
This is something mankind nor messengers are not capable of. It must come from God.
Nothing comes from God to you, it only comes from God to the Messengers of God.

Bird123

I find the wicked are Not eternal - Psalm 37:38; Psalm 92:7; Psalm 104:35; Psalm 145:20; Proverbs 2:21-22

Jesus told us what would be the ' pangs of distress ' as recorded at Matthew 24:6-8 see also Luke 21:11
Christian armor is Not carnal but 'spiritual armor' - Ephesians 6:11-17
Christian weapons are Not carnal - 2nd Corinthians 10:4
Christians walk by faith ( confidence in the Bible ) and Not by sighted ( material ) things - 2nd Cor. 5:7
We are forearmed that the powers in charge will be saying, " Peace and Security......" ( 1st Thess. 5:2-3 ) as the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Rev. 7:14.
Just like God's people were 'saved/delivered/rescued' at Egypt's 10th plague, so it shall be - Isaiah 26:20 - without armaments.
All God's children are Eternal. Could God really be at a Higher Level frying the kids? No!! What are a few wayward kids to a Being capable of creating Universes? I don't see the problem.

What one needs to concentrate on is one's own choices. That is what generates the lessons God sends. People strive for peace, however there can never be peace until the lessons are learned. Yes, people can choose some might hard lessons for themselves. For those of us who must watch, it is a reminder of what the true answers really are.

This is not the time to react with hate or any of those petty things mankind holds so dear. Why not? It just brings it back to one so one can understand what those choices really are. It's education at it's best.

A good classroom must continue. When lessons are learned, people move on. New students arrive for their lessons. Multi-Angular. There is much going on many do not realize

Bird123

To me religion is Not about 'mankind's attempt' to understand God, but Bible education is about the best way to serve God.
Jesus understands and instructed as to who and how to worship at John 4:23-24 .
Religion being void of images, a spirited religion active as seeing the invisible as real.
Yes, God hides nothing, but false clergy who try to fleece the Flock of God, they hide the scriptural view. - Acts 20:29-30
You do not understand. God is Unconditional Love. This time-based causal universe is perfect for learning. This universe is not for God. It is all for US!!!

It doesn't matter what everyone else does. It's what you choose to do that counts!!! That's what generates your lessons.

God loves all His children even those some have labeled as evil. In time, all God's children will acquire Great Knowledge and Great Wisdom. The road might be bumpy, however journeys will lead forward to one being able to create a Heavenly state for themselves and others. The genius behind it all is that it will all be done within one's own free will. The dynamics of what all is going on is Amazing.

There is far to much to learn in one mere lifetime. Between physical lives, everyone goes to God to learn that it has never ever been about punishment!!

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Sure, we are only familiar with physical forms and elements since we live in a physical world but that doesn't mean that forms and elements have to be physical.

No, the "spiritual realm of existence" cannot be demonstrated from this physical realm of existence.
Which says, essentially, that what you claim could well be nothing more than what you imagine.

Welcome to humanity ... we all imagine things differently. And we're neither right nor wrong, just comfy. And when we get comfy, well, there's no need to look for anything else, is there?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Which says, essentially, that what you claim could well be nothing more than what you imagine.
It could be only what I believe, but I cannot even imagine it, since it is so different from what I have experienced in this life.
Welcome to humanity ... we all imagine things differently. And we're neither right nor wrong, just comfy. And when we get comfy, well, there's no need to look for anything else, is there?
It is not really comfy for me, but I believe in anyway. If there is anything else to look at I am willing to look at it.

Bird123

Since ho humans are perfect we are all in need of God's mercy.

What does may God have mercy mean?

This is a quality that has to do with compassion, forgiveness, and leniency. If convicted of a crime, you might plead for the judge's mercy, meaning a lesser punishment. When people say "May God have mercy on me!" they're asking for forgiveness. Mercy may be given or received.

Mercy - Definition, Meaning & Synonyms | Vocabulary.com

God's grace is God's unmerited favor and love toward humankind. It is an unconditional act of his kindness and mercy...
God's grace is an attitude of God towards humans and it does not interfere with any of the lessons we are learning in this life.

No, God's grace is extended to for everyone, it is not only for followers of religions.

Justice is not payback, justice is punishment when punishment is deserved.

Punishment is the imposition of a penalty for the committed offense.
Payback is an act of revenge or retaliation for the committed offense.

“In His Tablets ‘Abdu’l-Bahá explains the difference between revenge and punishment. He affirms that individuals do not have the right to take revenge, that revenge is despised in the eyes of God, and that the motive for punishment is not vengeance, but the imposition of a penalty for the committed offence. In Some Answered Questions, He confirms that it is the right of society to impose punishments on criminals for the purpose of protecting its members and defending its existence.” The Kitáb-i-Aqdas, p. 203

The Messengers of God are the Manifestations of universal Prophethood Who appeared independently. They are the lawgivers and the founders of a new cycle of religion, by which the foundations of new religion are established, and a new book is revealed. The Manifestations of universal Prophethood Who appeared independently are, for example, Abraham, Moses, Christ, Muhammad, the Báb and Bahá’u’lláh, but there were others.

Question.—How many kinds of Prophets are there?​
Answer.—Universally, the Prophets are of two kinds. One are the independent Prophets Who are followed; the other kind are not independent and are themselves followers.​
The independent Prophets are the lawgivers and the founders of a new cycle. Through Their appearance the world puts on a new garment, the foundations of religion are established, and a new book is revealed. Without an intermediary They receive bounty from the Reality of the Divinity, and Their illumination is an essential illumination. They are like the sun which is luminous in itself: the light is its essential necessity; it does not receive light from any other star. These Dawning-places of the morn of Unity are the sources of bounty and the mirrors of the Essence of Reality.​
The other Prophets are followers and promoters, for they are branches and not independent; they receive the bounty of the independent Prophets, and they profit by the light of the Guidance of the universal Prophets. They are like the moon, which is not luminous and radiant in itself, but receives its light from the sun.​
The Manifestations of universal Prophethood Who appeared independently are, for example, Abraham, Moses, Christ, Muhammad, the Báb and Bahá’u’lláh. But the others who are followers and promoters are like Solomon, David, Isaiah, Jeremiah and Ezekiel. For the independent Prophets are founders; They establish a new religion and make new creatures of men; They change the general morals, promote new customs and rules, renew the cycle and the Law. Their appearance is like the season of spring, which arrays all earthly beings in a new garment, and gives them a new life.​
With regard to the second sort of Prophets who are followers, these also promote the Law of God, make known the Religion of God, and proclaim His word. Of themselves they have no power and might, except what they receive from the independent Prophets.​
You do not understand. It has never ever been about good verses evil. It has never ever been about punishment nor penalty. These generate petty things that prevent one from reaching a Higher Level. IT IS ABOUT EDUCATION!!

So a person commits a crime. You want punishment, pain, hurt, and penalties in an effort to alter the actions and choices of another. Isn't this coercion, intimidation and manipulation in itself evil? Is this really goodness you are teaching? Has it worked in the past? Would not a better approach be to solve the problem?

God returns all our actions and choices back to us so that we might learn what those actions and choices really mean. Once one understands all sides, Intelligence will pick the Best choices. This eliminates the need for all those petty things mankind holds so dear. It eliminates teaching all the wrong things.

I know mankind does not have God's capabilities. I know mankind needs to protect themselves, but mankind is not even trying to solve the problem. Mankind is locked in the petty things like Blame, Condemning, Punishing, Pay Back etc. These things will never bring the Best results. How about educating others on the results? How about working on understanding the underlying causes of crime, then work at solutions?

Would not all the effort be worth it if it stopped even 1 crime? Who know how far the knowledge and wisdom gained could go? What is more important? Pay Back and Punishment or Fixing the person and solving the problem?

It seems everyone is looking for God to value those petty things and punish, pay back and fry the kids. What would change is we all tried to copy God instead by Helping instead of hurting? Teaching goodness instead of hate?

Unconditional Love always does what is Best for the other. The best for everyone is to learn those hard lessons and learn what one's actions and choices really mean. Unconditional Love has never ever been about giving the other everything they want. I don't think locking someone away, throwing the key away and doing nothing is helping anyone. It might be easy sweeping things under the carpet, but look at the results. Few things worth while come easy so why does everyone want nothing but easy?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You do not understand. It has never ever been about good verses evil. It has never ever been about punishment nor penalty. These generate petty things that prevent one from reaching a Higher Level. IT IS ABOUT EDUCATION!!
You do not understand. It has always been about good verses evil and punishment for evil doings. Education does no good for evil people..
Punishment doesn't prevent anyone from reaching a Higher Level.
So a person commits a crime. You want punishment, pain, hurt, and penalties in an effort to alter the actions and choices of another. Isn't this coercion, intimidation and manipulation in itself evil? Is this really goodness you are teaching? Has it worked in the past? Would not a better approach be to solve the problem?
Punishment for a crime that was committed is justice, it is not evil. The only way evil could be eliminated is if everyone followed the laws the Messenger reveals. Since everyone has free will to choose not everyone is going to choose to follow the laws. That is why punishments are still necessary.
God returns all our actions and choices back to us so that we might learn what those actions and choices really mean. Once one understands all sides, Intelligence will pick the Best choices. This eliminates the need for all those petty things mankind holds so dear. It eliminates teaching all the wrong things.
That is not happening. All people will never make the Best choices so there will always be a need for punishments for crimes.
There is nothing petty about punishments that suit the crimes. You live in a paper doll world where nobody should ever be punished. That is not reality, it is a fantasy.
How about working on understanding the underlying causes of crime, then work at solutions?
Good luck with that. If there was a solution it would have been found by now.
Unconditional Love always does what is Best for the other.
No, Unconditional Love is not Best for the other.
The best for everyone is to learn those hard lessons and learn what one's actions and choices really mean.
Some people are not going to learn the lessons. That is why they need to be incarcerated.

William2004

First of all, it's better to say Allah rather than God, one more thing is important God always be written with a capitalized G, not with a small g. Now come to the question, In my opinion, Allah ordered everyone to be a human with good character. Allah sent us into the world to do worship and live like his messenger Hazrat Muhammad SAW. It's also compulsory to stand with Palestine against Israeli genocide. If you see Allah name anywhere say thanks to him for giving you parents and everything to be alive.

Bird123

I have Discovered that nothing you say came from God. How? Your words tell it all. They reflect mankind more than anything else.

I did not forget that you said that, I just don't believe it.

Interaction with God? Nobody ever had an interaction with God.
You have no idea what God is like, nobody knows that.

Nothing comes from God to you, it only comes from God to the Messengers of God.

Do you even listen to what I say? God isn't going to tell anyone what to do. God will never intimidate those free choices. God will not tell messengers what to do. God will not tell me what to do. I have been copying God by placing Knowledge in the world so it will be there when it is ready to be Discovered. I have been placing knowledge of my personal experiences and knowledge I have acquired studying God's actions. God has confirmed much of what I have Discovered.

How long did mankind watch birds fly before they figured out how? How long were they not ready to Discover how? It's the very same thing with my knowledge. You are not ready, Great!! It's there when you are ready.

Sure, truth can step on those beliefs and it hurts. As for myself, there is nothing you can say to me that will hurt me. I know it's hard for you to understand but I am not working on Beliefs. I don't think anyone should. One's goal should always be to Discover what actually is rather than what one wants or what might be. Of course, that choice is for everyone to make for themselves.

Bird123

You do not understand. It has always been about good verses evil and punishment for evil doings. Education does no good for evil people..
Punishment doesn't prevent anyone from reaching a Higher Level.

Punishment for a crime that was committed is justice, it is not evil. The only way evil could be eliminated is if everyone followed the laws the Messenger reveals. Since everyone has free will to choose not everyone is going to choose to follow the laws. That is why punishments are still necessary.

That is not happening. All people will never make the Best choices so there will always be a need for punishments for crimes.
There is nothing petty about punishments that suit the crimes. You live in a paper doll world where nobody should ever be punished. That is not reality, it is a fantasy.

Good luck with that. If there was a solution it would have been found by now.

No, Unconditional Love is not Best for the other.

Some people are not going to learn the lessons. That is why they need to be incarcerated.

There is so much you have not learned yet. Carry on. There will be peace when you are done regardless of how long it takes.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Do you even listen to what I say? God isn't going to tell anyone what to do. God will never intimidate those free choices. God will not tell messengers what to do. God will not tell me what to do.
Do you even listen to what I say? God isn't going to tell anyone what to do. God will never intimidate our free choices. God will not tell you what to do but God will tell Messengers what to do during their mission.
I have been copying God by placing Knowledge in the world so it will be there when it is ready to be Discovered. I have been placing knowledge of my personal experiences and knowledge I have acquired studying God's actions. God has confirmed much of what I have Discovered.
You cannot study God's actions because God is not acting in this world.
God does not confirm anything for anyone.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
There is so much you have not learned yet. Carry on. There will be peace when you are done regardless of how long it takes.

Life is a journey. There is so much all of us have not learned yet.