• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does God want from you?

Bird123

OK. God creates the universe and God creates you. What does God want from you?

If you are an atheist, speculate. If God really exists and creates the universe and God creates you. What does God want from you?

Before you just give a quick answer, consider a Being capable of creating the universe and you has to be very very smart. Consider High Intellect with your answers. Make God's answer High Intellect.

Bird123

To be an atheist. He told me directly.
God isn't going to tell anyone what to do nor intimidate those free choices. On the other hand, you choosing to be an atheist is a factor that should not be considered negative. It is a view some need to hear and understand.

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

F1fan

Veteran Member
God isn't going to tell anyone what to do nor intimidate those free choices
Nonsense. I know God better than you do.
. On the other hand, you choosing to be an atheist is a factor that should not be considered negative.
Well I didn’t choose to be an atheist. It’s the natural default. There’s no way I can choose to be religious.
It is a view some need to hear and understand.
More and more people are rejecting religion, so it is working.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
OK. God creates the universe and God creates you. What does God want from you?

If you are an atheist, speculate. If God really exists and creates the universe and God creates you. What does God want from you?

Before you just give a quick answer, consider a Being capable of creating the universe and you has to be very very smart. Consider High Intellect with your answers. Make God's answer High Intellect.
Imo, He wants us to be real.

Also IMO, He's very disappointed with most of us, most of the time.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
If God is really really smart, orders of magnitude beyond me or any human, and created this awesomely vast cosmos that we appear to be in, then I can't imagine why he would create life or humans or me in particular, a tiny inhabitant of a small world among the hundreds of sextillions of stars in the trillion or so galaxies that we see...beyond my comprehension, and even my ability to comprehend, even vaguely or by analogy...

On the other hand, if God has technology to operate software not much beyond what we're capable of generating now, then I don't see that he has to be that much smarter than me or anyone who knows how to write software...but then explanations like "for entertainment" or "so we can worship him" of whatever starts to make more sense...the God of the Bible starts coming off more as a megalomaniacal narcissist...more like normal people...

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I guess watching people would have a certain amount of an entertainment factor. On the other hand, isn't there more going on?

Maybe, I don't know. I don't really believe in God, but from what I've heard some people say, He was just sitting alone in the dark when He decided to start creating stuff. Maybe He was bored and wanted something to do. He might have found the dinosaurs amusing at some point, but apparently got bored with them. So, then, we came along, and we probably are more entertaining and amusing than the dinosaurs ever were.