• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you do with missing evidence? Like the global dirth of mid Jurassic fossils

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
actually the samples were sent to a lab and not done by Austin
And Steve knew what he did wrong, but he did not tell the lab. That makes the results worthless and Austin a liar.

Can you not see that he is saying that Jesus is weak by lying for Jesus? Liars for Jesus are the worst sort of Christians.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Creationism: when a doctrine that prides itself on believing without evidence entitles itself to complain that not quite every conceivable evidence of an actual scientific model is readily at hand for their convenience.

And then it turns out that the complaint is not even well aware of the subject matter to begin with.

Yeah, it must be lots of fun. It certainly isn't helpful in understanding how the world is and how it works.

Astrophile

Thank you

see Journey to Jurassic Island
Vertebrate life in the Middle Jurassic - from around 174 to 164 million years ago - is poorly studied because of a relative lack of available fossils, yet it was a geological epoch of critical importance as a time of major transformations.

OK 11 million years... with what a University of Cork archeologist called 'a global dearth of mid Jurassic fosils'
This link refers to poorly studied vertebrate life in the Middle Jurassic, not to a global dearth of invertebrate fossils or fossil plants.

David T

Premium Member
Actually no... just pointing out the the claims are not consistent with the evidence. Oddly enough the claims of dinosaurs having feathers are often built from this sparse geological area. When I say Jurassic I mean claimed Jurassic strata. I do not agree with the claimed dates.

In Mt St Helens many lavered old looking strata was made over hours days and weeks and not thousand or millions of years, It happened due to rapid processes and clearly observed before and after to be so.

In the Grand Canyon, the coal samples from top to bottom of the strata, have remarkably similar C14 suggesting the whole stack formed in one catastrophic event like the flood of Noah.
No your on it. Dumbledore did it. You have a puny god.
latest-3.gif

Astrophile

Oddly enough the claims of dinosaurs having feathers are often built from this sparse geological area.

The fact that there is a 'relative lack' of Middle Jurassic vertebrate fossils doesn't mean that the fossils that have been found are invalid or that scientists can't draw valid conclusions from them.

Bob the Unbeliever

Who’s the hell is Kurt Cameron?

EXACTLY! :D

(in truth, he was a D-list "actor" from back in the 80's, and suddenly "found Jesus" or some such **** *mod edit*. He has made some money shilling for the creationist crowd, or so I must assume, as he keeps doing it, but otherwise has no visible means of financial support. He's most infamous for Banna-Man* youtube video he did with another lying creationist* hack)

* Ray [not very] Comfort, who has never been filmed without lying in some form.

Last edited by a moderator:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
First name is Kirk. I know little about him other than that he was once on a successful TV show and has more recently been outspoken about religion and such...
Let's not forget the debate where he and Ray unveiled the Crocoduck. In the evolutionary world he became famous for trying to disprove evolution by demonstrating his own idiocy. It did not work too well.

gnostic

The Lost One
Ray Comfort's secret boy toy.

Seriously he was a well known mediocre child actor star of a show called "Growing Pains" . His character was very attractive to the ladies, but about as far intelligent as a wall. Turns out that he was not acting that part.
EXACTLY! :D

(in truth, he was a D-list "actor" from back in the 80's, and suddenly "found Jesus" or some such sh---. He has made some money shilling for the creationist crowd, or so I must assume, as he keeps doing it, but otherwise has no visible means of financial support. He's most infamous for Banna-Man* youtube video he did with another lying creationist* hack)

* Ray [not very] Comfort, who has never been filmed without lying in some form.
First name is Kirk. I know little about him other than that he was once on a successful TV show and has more recently been outspoken about religion and such...
Ok...

I’d suppose that if a moron actor, like Ronald Reagan can become an US President, then an idiot actor becoming a creationist who think he is more intelligent working biologists, isn’t too stretched of imagination.

Ray Comfort I have definitely come across before.

I am not too sure, but in my first (Free2Code), i might have met Comfort...but if not, then it was someone who was impersonating him. He would start a number of threads posting a number of long monologues in which he never reply to anyone who responded to his threads.

whirlingmerc

Can you be specific?

First, it hardly make sense that the middle of the Jurassic would have a relative dearth of fossils if the geological interpretation of the age was correct

Second, it hardly makes sense to draw large conclusion from the mid Jurassic such as almost all dinosaurs having feathers as some have done with a paucity of evidence

It appears a great many conclusions are mountains made out of molelhills related to similar in the field of paleontology... but astronomy will make larger conclusions on even less evidence... go figure.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
First, it hardly make sense that the middle of the Jurassic would have a relative dearth of fossils if the geological interpretation of the age was correct

Second, it hardly makes sense to draw large conclusion from the mid Jurassic such as almost all dinosaurs having feathers as some have done with a paucity of evidence

It appears a great many conclusions are mountains made out of molelhills related to similar in the field of paleontology... but astronomy will make larger conclusions on even less evidence... go figure.
Why doesn't it make sense? Just because you say so does not really count as a reason. And what do feathered dinosaurs have to do with it?

And no, there are more than enough fossils to confirm the theory of evolution and there is no serious contender that offers an alternative explanation.

It appears that all you have is ignorance and denial again.