• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What distinct characteristic defines your religion?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
...but you'll find JWs with innocent blood on their genitals:

Jehovah's Witnesses' handling of child sex abuse - Wikipedia

It should be understood that JW's, like all other organizations that have access to children, are by no means exempt from these rock spiders infiltrating and taking advantage of our trust. Why single us out?

The handling of child sex abuse in times past was not the same as it is now. The fact that it is treated as a crime is relatively new from a criminal prosecution standpoint. It wasn't until victims were found to have a high rate of mental health issues and also a very high suicide rate that the law even began to treat this crime differently. Those accused had legal counsel to rip into victims in a court room and make them appear to have asked for what they got, or to present the perpetrator as a fine upstanding citizen in an era where children were seen and not heard. Male judges in those days often did not see sex as a criminal act unless the victim was penetrated. That made court proceedings often more traumatic for the victim often than the original offense, especially if the offender got off the charge lightly.

Thankfully all that has changed now, as to how the problem is handled in any organization and in court. Victims no longer have to face their abusers and children are now heard.

That was a pretty ignorant thing to say considering that we have a low incidence compared to many other organizations...even the Boy Scouts. We handle child abuse in a way that is no longer an issue for the courts or the victims. We wish we could prevent this from happening but these people do not have their intentions tattooed on their foreheads....they present as ordinary people whom you would never suspect of something so heinous.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It should be understood that JW's, like all other organizations that have access to children, are by no means exempt from these rock spiders infiltrating and taking advantage of our trust. Why single us out?

The handling of child sex abuse in times past was not the same as it is now. The fact that it is treated as a crime is relatively new from a criminal prosecution standpoint. It wasn't until victims were found to have a high rate of mental health issues and also a very high suicide rate that the law even began to treat this crime differently. Those accused had legal counsel to rip into victims in a court room and make them appear to have asked for what they got, or to present the perpetrator as a fine upstanding citizen in an era where children were seen and not heard. Male judges in those days often did not see sex as a criminal act unless the victim was penetrated. That made court proceedings often more traumatic for the victim often than the original offense, especially if the offender got off the charge lightly.

Thankfully all that has changed now, as to how the problem is handled in any organization and in court. Victims no longer have to face their abusers and children are now heard.

That was a pretty ignorant thing to say considering that we have a low incidence compared to many other organizations...even the Boy Scouts. We handle child abuse in a way that is no longer an issue for the courts or the victims. We wish we could prevent this from happening but these people do not have their intentions tattooed on their foreheads....they present as ordinary people whom you would never suspect of something so heinous.

You weren't singled out. I only pointed it out to prove that your church isn't as pure and righteous as you think it is.

JW's also like to disregard "No soliciting." signs.

ajay0

The Dharmic philosophies have a lot of insights which can be useful to the intellectual spiritual seeker. Advaita erects the philosophy of religion in a logical foundation. Same too with Buddhism.

Sankhya and Yoga philosophies give insights into the nature of the soul and the personal God. (The Sankhya philosophy is credited with the invention of the numeral system used by the world today and sankhya means number.)

The Prajapita Brahmakumaris is the only spiritual institution in the world led, administered and taught by women. They are a monotheistic sect who worships God as an incorporeal point of light. They have meditation centers in almost every country in the world where they teach 7 day courses on religious philosophy and meditation free of cost.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
It wasn't until victims were found to have a high rate of mental health issues and also a very high suicide rate that the law even began to treat this crime differently.

Sigmund Freud worked that out in the late 19th century.
He was nearly run out of town for stating it outright.
Still, it has only been 125 years....

That notwithstanding, you have a point.
Most sexual abuse happens within the family, and I don’t think the theist/ non-theist divide is relevant to that.
That is the elephant in the room.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If the religion is founded by the one promised in all religions, that must be a distinction.

That founder also saying it is our One God that sent them all and that all humaity is One a,re just as valuable distinctions.

Regards Tony

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
You weren't singled out. I only pointed it out to prove that your church isn't as pure and righteous as you think it is.

The other thing to consider is that when someone is found unrepentantly guilty of such crimes, they are disfellowshipped from our ranks...that means that we no longer recognize them as our spiritual brothers. The fact that we do this makes our church a little purer than most. We do not tolerate immorality or violence or criminal acts of any kind.

JW's also like to disregard "No soliciting." signs.

"solicitation - Legal Definition
A request or petition intended to obtain something; criminally urging, advising, or ordering someone to commit a crime; offering to pay for sex or requesting money in exchange for sex; an attempt to increase the number of one's actual or potential clientele."
Solicitation dictionary definition | solicitation defined

I hardly think we are guilty of that....legally speaking we are simply delivering a message. It is not forced and if you ask the JW's who call on you NOT to call again, they will put you on a "DO NOT CALL" list. This is a request that we must honor because our calls are not meant to annoy you, it is a life saving message and scripturally we are commanded to deliver it. You are under no obligation to accept it.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
"solicitation - Legal Definition
A request or petition intended to obtain something; criminally urging, advising, or ordering someone to commit a crime; offering to pay for sex or requesting money in exchange for sex; an attempt to increase the number of one's actual or potential clientele."
Solicitation dictionary definition | solicitation defined

ROTFLMAO
seriously?
You went to a legal dictionary to avoid the most obvious of obvious and thought it would work?
wow.
I mean...
Wow.

so·lic·i·ta·tion
/səˌlisəˈtāSH(ə)n/
noun
the act of asking for or trying to obtain something from someone.
"he was a regular target for solicitation of funds"​

I hardly think we are guilty of that....legally speaking we are simply delivering a message. It is not forced and if you ask the JW's who call on you NOT to call again, they will put you on a "DO NOT CALL" list. This is a request that we must honor because our calls are not meant to annoy you, it is a life saving message and scripturally we are commanded to deliver it. You are under no obligation to accept it.
My personal experience has been that once I let the local JWs and Mormons know I was not interested they have not bothered me since.
And this is over seven years ago.

So my personal experience certainly agrees with this.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
In the above ahadith, Muhammad claims every religion (dīn) is defined by a distinguishing and individuating value which exemplifies its broader message more than any other. This is not to say that the religion is confined to teaching this, by any means (i.e. Islam also has much to say about social justice, with the Qur'an condemning practices such as female infanticide and commending charity for the dispossessed, along with innumerable other subjects of morality). Rather, this 'characteristic' is something present throughout every strata of the faith's value system and arguably to a greater extent than other faith traditions (even though they may very well teach that same value, albeit to a more secondary or less central degree).

There is a great deal of merit in the Hadith presented in regards the distinctive features of every religion. Bahá’u’lláh made a similar comment when He compared the religious founders of the world religions as being like Divine Physicians with their finger on the pulse of mankind and how each age requires a different remedy.

The All-Knowing Physician hath His finger on the pulse of mankind. He perceiveth the disease, and prescribeth, in His unerring wisdom, the remedy. Every age hath its own problem, and every soul its particular aspiration. The remedy the world needeth in its present-day afflictions can never be the same as that which a subsequent age may require. Be anxiously concerned with the needs of the age ye live in, and center your deliberations on its exigencies and requirements.

Bahá'í Reference Library - Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, Page 213

There are capable writers who could write an essay on the challenges of this age and what world needed moving forward in the nineteenth century and how they have changed over the last 202 years since Bahá’u’lláh was born.

Bahá’u’lláh’s eldest son ‘Abdu’l-Baha was appointed as his Father’s successor and eventually traveled to the West during the second decade of the twentieth century. In Europe and America he explained eloquently some of the distinctive features of the Baha’i Teachings. Perhaps these Teachings could contribute to the remedy the world needs at our current cross road.

1/ Baha’u’llah exhorts men to free their minds from the superstitions of the past and to seek independently for truth putting aside all dogmas. Religions are one. Let us banish creeds that the reality may become unveiled. In which sacred book do you find this? – Abdu’l-Baha, Divine Philosophy, pp. 82-83.

2/ He [Baha’u’llah] heralds the hour of unity which has dawned on all mankind. All are the children of one Father; all the inheritors of that future peace on earth. He admonishes men to banish prejudice; religious, patriotic, racial preconceptions must disappear, for they are the destroyers of human society. Where is this written? In which part of the Bible, Old or New Testament? – Abdu’l-Baha, Divine Philosophy, p. 82.

3/ Religion must be the cause of affection. It must be a joy-bringer. If it become the cause of difference, it were better to banish it. Should it become the source of hatred, or warfare, it were better that it should not exist. If a remedy produce added illness, it were far better to discard the remedy. A religion which does not conform with the postulates of science is merely superstition. In which sacred book do you find this thought? Tell me! – Abdu’l-Baha, Divine Philosophy, p. 82.

4/ Baha’u’llah declares the absolute equality of the sexes. The male and female in the mineral, vegetable and animal kingdoms share alike the material bestowals. Why should there be a difference in the human kingdom? Verily, they are equal before God, for so he created them. Why should woman be deprived of exercising the fullest opportunities offered by life? Whosoever serves humanity most is nearest God — for God is no respecter of gender. The male and female are like the two wings of a bird and when both wings are reinforced with the same impulse the bird of humanity will be enabled to soar heaven-ward to the summit of progress. In which sacred book is this written? – Abdu’l-Baha, Divine Philosophy, pp. 82-83.

5/ Education holds an important place in the new order of things. The education of each child is compulsory. If there is not money enough in a family to educate both the girl and the boy the money must be dedicated to the girl’s education, for she is the potential mother. If there are no parents the community must educate the child. In addition to this widespread education each child must be taught a profession, art, or trade, so that every member of the community will be enabled to earn his own livelihood. Work done in the spirit of service is the highest form of worship. Where do you find this statement? – Abdu’l-Baha, Divine Philosophy, p. 83.

6/ Baha’u’llah’s solution of the social question provides for new laws, but the different social classes are preserved. An artisan remains an artisan; a merchant, a merchant; a banker, a banker; a ruler, a ruler; the different degrees must persist, so that each can render service to the community. Nevertheless, everyone has the right to a happy, comfortable life. Work is to be provided for all and there will be no needy ones to be seen in the streets. The vocational labor adjustment provided by Baha’u’llah precludes there being people too poor to have the necessaries of life on the one hand, nor the idle rich on the other. In which sacred book do you find this provided for? Show me! – Abdu’l-Baha, Divine Philosophy, pp. 83-84.

7/ In order to facilitate complete understanding between all people, a universal auxiliary language will be adopted and in the schools of the future two languages will be taught — the mother tongue and this international auxiliary tongue which will be either one of the existing languages or a new language made up of words from all the languages — the matter is to be determined by a confederation met for the purpose which shall represent all tribes and nations. This international tongue will be used in the work of the parliament of man — a supreme tribunal of the world which will be permanently established in order to arbitrate international questions. The members of this arbitral court of justice will be representatives of all the countries. It is incumbent upon the nations to obey the commands of this tribunal, for such a tribunal will be under the power of God and for the protection of all men. In all the sacred books where do you find such a statement? – Abdu’l-Baha, Divine Philosophy, p. 84.

These precepts were proclaimed by Baha’u’llah many years ago. He was the first to create them in the hearts as moral laws. Alone and unaided he spread them. Writing to the sovereigns of the world he summoned that the hour for unity had struck — unity between countries, unity between religions.

Series: What Makes the Baha'i Faith Different?

So there is a starting point for considering what is distinct about the Baha’i Faith.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
My religion's distinctive characteristic? Um... Ah... Well... g-strings. *cough cough*

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
ROTFLMAO
seriously?
You went to a legal dictionary to avoid the most obvious of obvious and thought it would work?
wow.
I mean...
Wow.

so·lic·i·ta·tion
/səˌlisəˈtāSH(ə)n/
noun
the act of asking for or trying to obtain something from someone.
"he was a regular target for solicitation of funds"

Well, if you want to take legal action against us, we’re covered...right? Solicitation usually involves asking for money....we don’t do that either. We offer everything for free. We have no paid clergy and all contributions are voluntary.

Just out of interest, what do you think we are we trying to “obtain” from people? We have a message...what you do with it is up to you.

My personal experience has been that once I let the local JWs and Mormons know I was not interested they have not bothered me since.
And this is over seven years ago.

So my personal experience certainly agrees with this.

Phew....:p It is what we are supposed to do. We respect people’s right to say “no thanks”.

Vouthon

Dominus Deus tuus ignis consumens est
Staff member
Premium Member
My religion's distinctive characteristic? Um... Ah... Well... g-strings. *cough cough*

You know, sometimes I envisage you as a kind of latter day King David:

King David's 'holy' striptease

"And David danced before the Lord with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod...and as the ark of the Lord came into the city of David, Michal Saul's daughter looked through the window, and saw king David leaping and dancing before the Lord; and she despised him in her heart...and Michal the daughter of Saul came out to meet David, and said, How glorious was the king of Israel today, who uncovered himself in the eyes of the handmaids of his servants, as one of the vain fellows shamelessly uncovereth himself" (2 Samuel 6:14, 16, 20, KJV)

"as he stripped himself in the sight of his maidservants as a common rake exposes himself" (The Bible: An American Translation).

"exposing himself before women...as any loose fellow would expose himself indecently" (A New Translation of the Bible, Moffatt)

"that exposed his person to man and maid...graceless as a common montebank" (The Holy Bible, Knox).

"uncovering himself...to be ogled by the female servants...as some worthless fellow would strip himself" (The Modern Language Bible, Berkeley)

"who let himself be seen uncovered by his servant girls" (The Bible in Basic English)

The Latin Vulgate of St. Jerome, the traditional bible translation of the Catholic Church, states plainly that David was nudatus (naked). Likewise, the word for his 'dancing' or 'hopping' around is saltare /saltatio which is indicative of a "salacious, sensational movement quality" (Miller, 2000; Gruber, 1990) in which the good king, "[engaged] in more of a prance or jig rather than a dignified professional fit for a king...[He] momentarily lifted his robes and, in turn, exposed his nether regions" (Smith, 1995; Juriansz, 2013)....

St. Ambrose and most of his fellow church fathers (Augustine, Tertullian, Procopius) defended David's conduct and took the side of - most uncharacteristically for them, I have to admit - nude sacred dancing for the 'right reasons' as opposed to 'lascivious displays'.​

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
Hadith - Zuhd - Sunan Ibn Majah - Sunnah.com - Sayings and Teachings of Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلم)

"Every religion has its distinct characteristic, and the distinct characteristic of Islam is modesty"

(Muhammad, Vol. 5, Book 37, Hadith 4181)

In the above ahadith, Muhammad claims every religion (dīn) is defined by a distinguishing and individuating value which exemplifies its broader message more than any other. This is not to say that the religion is confined to teaching this, by any means (i.e. Islam also has much to say about social justice, with the Qur'an condemning practices such as female infanticide and commending charity for the dispossessed, along with innumerable other subjects of morality). Rather, this 'characteristic' is something present throughout every strata of the faith's value system and arguably to a greater extent than other faith traditions (even though they may very well teach that same value, albeit to a more secondary or less central degree).

For example, the Islamic preoccupation with 'modesty' not only governs how Muslim men and women dress in terms of hijab rules; it also has a much more general application, with simplicity being of great importance in daily life:

Dimensions Of Manner And Morals Of The Holy Prophet

The life of His Eminence [Muhammad] was extremely simple and without any frills. His house was small and made up of clay. The floor was covered with a piece of mat and his food mostly consisted of barley bread and dates. Many a times it so happened that he did not even have this meager food and went hungry for a day or more. His clothes were simple and he mended his own shoes. But his simplicity was not due to poverty or deprivation, because he also possessed the strength to work and also had a share in war booty and public treasury.

Ibn Abbas narrates:

One day Umar came to the Holy Prophet (S) to find that the mat on which he was sitting had left an imprint on his side. He said: O Messenger of Allah (S), if you had only procured a nice carpet for yourself. The Holy Prophet (S) replied: What do I have to do with the material world? My simile in the world is like the simile of a rider traveling on a hot day and who sits under a shade for an hour; then moves on

Modesty even extends to worship style and the layout of mosques:

Adorning mosques and extravagance in building minarets and domes - Islam Question & Answer

You should avoid extravagance in the furnishings, doors and so on, for Allaah does not love those who are extravagant. Al-Bukhaari entitled a chapter in his Saheeh: “Chapter on the building of mosques; Abu Sa’eed said: The roof of the mosque – i.e., the mosque of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) – was made of palm branches. ‘Umar ordered that the mosque be rebuilt and he said: Protect the people from rain, but beware of using red or yellow (for adornment) and distracting the people. Anas said: They build mosques about boast about that, but they do not use them for worship except rarely. Ibn ‘Abbaas said: You are going toadorn (mosques) as the Jews and Christians adorn (their places of worship).

Abu Dawood (448) narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I have not been commanded to build lofty mosques.” Ibn ‘Abbaas said: You are going toadorn (mosques) as the Jews and Christians adorn (their places of worship). This hadeeth was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

By the standards of a few other religions, such as Christianity with its intricate framework of complicated dogmatic precepts, the fundamental Islamic creedo (the Shahada) is also remarkably modest in its theological scope: "I bear witness that there is no deity but God, and I bear witness that Muhammad is the messenger of God."

I'm now going to open up Muhammad's basic thesis here to wider discussion: do you think there is a distinct characteristic which defines given religions, firstly your own if you happen to have one, more than any other?

Taking another example, I would venture to say that "non-violence" defines Jainism as its distinctive characteristic. Other faith traditions teach precepts of non-retaliation and forbearance towards enemies but none have been so radical - whether before or since - as the religion of Mahavira in applying it absolutely and universally through the doctrine of ahimsa. Mahatma Gandhi was of the view:

"No religion in the World has explained the principle of Ahimsa so deeply and systematically as is discussed with its applicability in every human life in Jainism. As and when the benevolent principle of Ahimsa or non-violence will be ascribed for practice by the people of the world to achieve their end of life in this world and beyond. Jainism is sure to have the uppermost status and Lord Mahavira is sure to be respected as the greatest authority on Ahimsa" (Pandey, Janardan (1998), Gandhi and 21st Century, p. 50)​

You know, it always fills me with some emotion when I see the logo of the EU and some guy quoting the Quran. What's the word... oh yea! Fear. And maybe... disgust?

Revelation 12 BSB

Centuries ago, without understanding what he was seeing, he envisions a woman who is pregnant and clothed in 12 stars being pursued by a dragon with seven heads and ten horns. I'll give you one geuess as to what flag has twelve stars. Yup, the EU flag. This is talking about Europe.

The woman is Europe as a system of countries, and she's pregnant with a new nationalist Europe unfettered with bureaucracy, and each state highly individual but a strong political force, unlike the mess of control and bureaucracy that now exists.

Keep in mind, this prophecy matched the number of stars exactly as we proceed with this interpretation. Now what is the Dragon? The Dragon is big state and big government. Specifically, a union between the UN/EU. The EU has eight heads, but I suspect this merged group will have seven people on both organizations, essentially trying to rule the world by dividing it up into eight territories. The UN has drawn up maps grouping the world into ten such regions, and this is a general playbook of conquest.

nasco01_04.gif

So forgive me if I don't answer your question, but my opinion is that when people with an EU flag start reciting the Quran, it's a sign that national borders have already become murky and it's probably time to speak up about Middle Eastern encroachment on (traditionally Christian) Europe.

dfnj

Hadith - Zuhd - Sunan Ibn Majah - Sunnah.com - Sayings and Teachings of Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلم)
"Every religion has its distinct characteristic, and the distinct characteristic of Islam is modesty"
(Muhammad, Vol. 5, Book 37, Hadith 4181)​

The handful of Muslims I have met in my life have been of the nicest people I have met in my life. I believe people of every religion need to be respected just for being a human being. I believe everyone in the World is pretty much the same. People just want to live in peace, make a descent living, and raise their children with the hope their children have a better life.

My parents were not very religious so I've had a lot of experiences with many different religions over the years. I'm a big fan of Joseph Campbell's works on comparative religions where he examines the most popular threads in all religions especially the ones in common. I've also spent some time studying human psychology. I've spent a lot of time studying Jungian psychology, depth psychology, and psychology of types.

There are many ways of being. The problem with concentrating on one way of being as opposed to another is you may be susceptible to bipolar swings. For example, if you cultivate too much modesty in your way of being, you may have flashing moments of grandiosity which lead you to very bad behavior. I think when it comes to having good human character studies in modern psychology should be taken into account. The problem with scripture teaching us about human nature is scripture tends to be thousands of years old. The field of modern psychology has had great advances over the last 100 years.

Bipolar disorder, formerly called manic depression, is a mental health condition that causes extreme mood swings that include emotional highs (mania or hypomania) and lows (depression). When you become depressed, you may feel sad or hopeless and lose interest or pleasure in most activities.

When it comes to the source of our evil and having good human character I defer to the science of modern psychology. I do not look to religion to teach me how to have good character. I look to studies in modern psychology. The following book is one of the best I've found on modern insights into having good character:

https://www.amazon.com/King-Warrior-Magician-Lover-Rediscovering/dp/0062506064

RE: What distinct characteristic defines your religion?

People ask me what is my religion. I usually respond with "my own". I am not trying to be egotistical. It's more like what Bruce Lee said, "Take what is useful." Most religions have some form of the golden rule.

"Not one of you truly believes until you wish for others what you wish for yourself." The Prophet Muhammad, Hadith
Book 001, Number 0072:
"It is arrested on the authority of Anas b. Malik that the Prophet (may peace and blessings be upon him) observed: one amongst you believes (truly) till one likes for his brother or for his neighbour that which he loves for himself."

Personally, I like to take the golden rule to its extreme. If you have a priceless piece of art, when you pick it up and carry it across to the room, you do so with the utmost reverence and respect. I think the same thing is true with the people around us in our life. Every person we interact with we should treat like a priceless piece of art. Of course this idea is a little selfish because the way we treat other people is how we will experience our life. If you cause suffering in others you will experience suffering in equal proportion.

So one distinctive characteristic of my religion is going beyond the golden rule by treating everyone we meet as a priceless piece of art.

When it comes to sin and evil, for justice I defer to secular laws. I do not look to religious belief for attaining justice. If someone breaks the law they should be indicted. Justice comes here and now. I do not believe in justice coming from God in the afterlife. Until we actually die, nobody really knows what will happen. And nobody knows what God is thinking or what God will do. It is the height of human hubris and possibly man's greatest possible sin to pretend to know the mind of God. God is beyond our comprehension. To pretend to know what God is thinking is to pretend to be God. In my religion, I have removed the idea of sin and evil from it. What is sin is very subjective and in the realm of men.

I have said many times the purpose of religion is to answer the four great existential questions: Who am I? Why am I here? What does it all mean? What is going to happen to me when I die?

For my personal religion, my faith is built-on the idea of an omnipotent God of unconditional love. An omnipotent God is perfect, whole, and complete without any needs or desires. You cannot get on God's bad side. Suppose God were irritated by one's behavior. This would mean our God has limitations by having the desire for good behavior. Our God is all-powerful and does not have limitations. So I have concluded sin is not as big of a deal as most religions make it out to be. I have had people tell me based on my beliefs I will suffer eternal damnation. I have replied with my faith in an omnipotent God of unconditional love is stronger than your fears. Besides, many people only like the idea of eternal damnation because they are full of hate and want revenge. if you want judgment and justice you have to get it here an now in this life with secular laws is my belief.

In terms of what happens after you die, a central tenet of my religion is based on what people report from having near death experiences. I believe when we die, we go into the light, we look into the face of God and we experience God's infinite beauty and completeness. We become so enamored with God's beauty time stops. We no longer have conscious thoughts. We become absorbed into the perfection that is God. Everyone is saved. No one is judged. God absorbs every soul. Everyone gets to experience eternal bliss as we return back to the source from which we all originated.

So another distinctive characteristic of my religion is having faith in an omnipotent God of unconditional love means everyone gets to pass through the gates of Heaven to experience eternal Heavenly bliss regardless of our Earthly sins or how we practiced or not practiced our religion. Everyone is saved no matter what. God's unconditional love is not based on judgment. Which is really good news for some people because it takes almost all of God's omnipotence to love them.

Last edited:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
To me it's absurd when someone lists a good character trait (such as love, etc.) as something that is a "distinct characteristic" of their religion. These same character traits are held by people of every religion and by people who have no religion at all. It's just a way of saying, "We're better than the rest of you." Ugh.