• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Attribute Of The Opposite Sex Do You Envy

Skwim

Veteran Member

Assuming you envy any at all.

If you don't then take it down a notch and tell us what gender- or sex-specific attribute you like about the opposite sex.

If this is too difficult to pin down then we'll just assume your a misogynistic or misandristic recluse or homosexual. ;)

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Altho...I do think my boobs do look great in some dresses...I think it depends more on my mood...

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
I wish I could post a picture of me wearing a dress with my fake beard on. I do envy that fact most men can grow a beard.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
To me, it depends on the woman. My old girlfriend could turn me to putty with her beautiful brown eyes when she looked a me a certain way. With my wife, it was and is more her sparkling good-natured personality that can light up a room. When she's around, everyone pays attention.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson

Assuming you envy any at all.

If you don't then take it down a notch and tell us what gender- or sex-specific attribute you like about the opposite sex.

If this is too difficult to pin down then we'll just assume your a misogynistic or misandristic recluse or homosexual. ;)

Are you sure you mean Envy
- a feeling of discontented or resentful longing aroused by someone else's possessions, qualities, or luck.
- desire to have a quality, possession, or other desirable attribute belonging to (someone else).

Because if you're thinking Libido
Don't figure into the libido at all huh. So they're kind of a unessential impediments?

You would be talking Desire, more to the point Sexual Desire, not envy

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I guess I'll say it.

What Attribute Of The Opposite Sex Do You Envy The Most?

The female orgasm.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Are you sure you mean Envy
- a feeling of discontented or resentful longing aroused by someone else's possessions, qualities, or luck.
- desire to have a quality, possession, or other desirable attribute belonging to (someone else).
I did consider using "jealous," but then I read.

Jealousy vs. Envy
Depending on who you ask, jealousy and envy are either exact synonyms, totally different words, or near-synonyms with some degree of semantic overlap and some differences. It is difficult to make the case, based on the evidence of usage that we have, for either of the first two possibilities. Both jealousy and envy are often used to indicate that a person is covetous of something that someone else has, but jealousy carries the particular sense of “zealous vigilance” and tends to be applied more exclusively to feelings of protectiveness regarding one’s own advantages or attachments. In the domain of romance, it is more commonly found than envy. If you were to say “your salt-shaker collection fills me with jealousy,” most people would take it to mean much the same thing as “your salt-shaker collection fills me with envy.” But if someone made a flirtatious comment to your partner, you would likely say that it caused you jealousy, not envy.
Source: Merriam-Webster Dictionary​

and after thinking it over I decided on "envy" in its more covetous sense. I did think of using "covet," but it sounds a bit archaic. "Thou shall not covet thy neighbor's wife" and all. And to me "jealous" always fit best within the context of romantic relationships. So "envy" it was.
happy-clap.gif

Skwim

Veteran Member
I guess I'll say it.

What Attribute Of The Opposite Sex Do You Envy The Most?

The female orgasm.
Hey! Now that's something, isn't it. "By and large, the male orgasm will last for five to 10 seconds. Whereas the female orgasm typically lasts longer than the male at an average of around 13-51 seconds."

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I did consider using "jealous," but then I read.
Jealousy vs. Envy
Depending on who you ask, jealousy and envy are either exact synonyms, totally different words, or near-synonyms with some degree of semantic overlap and some differences. It is difficult to make the case, based on the evidence of usage that we have, for either of the first two possibilities. Both jealousy and envy are often used to indicate that a person is covetous of something that someone else has, but jealousy carries the particular sense of “zealous vigilance” and tends to be applied more exclusively to feelings of protectiveness regarding one’s own advantages or attachments. In the domain of romance, it is more commonly found than envy. If you were to say “your salt-shaker collection fills me with jealousy,” most people would take it to mean much the same thing as “your salt-shaker collection fills me with envy.” But if someone made a flirtatious comment to your partner, you would likely say that it caused you jealousy, not envy.
Source: Merriam-Webster Dictionary​

and after thinking it over I decided on "envy" in its more covetous sense. I did think of using "covet," but it sounds a bit archaic. "Thou shall not covet thy neighbor's wife" and all. And to me "jealous" always fit best within the context of romantic relationships. So "envy" it was.
happy-clap.gif

Covet is to yearn to possess or have (something). And you can covet a person, but an attribute of that person, is a different question. Your title asks "What Attribute Of The Opposite Sex Do You Envy The Most." and envy and covet can work talking about the whole person, but then you are asking what quality or feature of the opposite sex do you want to have....more as in own, not as it what you find sexually desire.....in other words would a man want to have a woman's legs instead of his own legs or would a woman prefer having a mans chest instead of what she has. That would be envy and not asking the question what attribute of the opposite gender do you find most desireable, or what attribute do you desire most, or find most attractive.

Take it for what it is worth, it is your thread, I just don't think you will get the answers you are looking for with the word "envy"

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
What do i envy about men? Honest answer, nothing

What do i like? Men in general, not much but individually they can have some good points. I am not going i to them on a family forum

ChristineM

Premium Member
Hey! Now that's something, isn't it. "By and large, the male orgasm will last for five to 10 seconds. Whereas the female orgasm typically lasts longer than the male at an average of around 13-51 seconds."

Then there are multiple orgasms, nice

Or PGAD, i believe not nice

ChristineM

Premium Member
Just heap it on why don't you. Isn't it enough that we have to go through all kinds of wining $ and dining $ just to get you ladies into position?

If you have to pay for it you have a problem