• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are the best and worst things about heaven?

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
No offense, but what makes you think we know anything at all about heaven, or if there even is a heaven? After all, it's not like people who die come back to tell us about it.

BTW, despite the seriousness of my reply, I did enjoy the general humor of your post :)
She forgot to mention one very important thing. No more DEBTS.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
What are the best and worst things about heaven?
I’ll start. There are a lot more things but these are my top 5.

Best things about heaven:

1. No more cars or traffic.
2. No more houses to take care of.
3. No more physical ailments or physical pain.
4. No more grief when loved ones die.
5. Seeing loved ones again.

Worst things about heaven:

1. There is no way of knowing what it will be like.
2. There is no itinerary.
3. There is no return ticket if we don’t like it.
4. Eternity is a long time.
5. There might be no animals there.
I don't know if I want to try a top 5 on each. The best things about heaven is that for most people it is at least okay (I think), and that it gets better as it goes along, and can't get worse. I don't want to criticize God about no return ticket if we don't like it, but that's a possible drawback. Eternity (or infinity) being a long time is a plus for me. It would be best if animals could get there, but apparently they don't (in my opinion).

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
No offense, but what makes you think we know anything at all about heaven, or if there even is a heaven? After all, it's not like people who die come back to tell us about it........................
The teachings of Jesus makes us think we know anything at all about Heaven.
The ones called to heavenly life have a first or earlier resurrection - see Revelation 20:6
They will serve with Christ Jesus as kings and priests - Rev. 5:9-10
* As kings they will take care of governmental responsibilities towards the meek who inherit the Earth.
* As priests they will take care of spiritual duties towards the meek who will inherit the Earth.
Earth is not Heaven, and it was never intended to be like Heaven.
Earth is Earth and Heaven is Heaven.
Immortal life is for all eternity in Heaven, not on Earth.
The physical body is not immortal so it cannot exist on Earth forever.
There will be a Kingdom of God on Earth, but it will be for people who are living on a physical body when that Kingdom is built.
When we die.......
Ecclesiastes 12:7 and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.
The physical body cannot exist in the Kingdom of God in Heaven. That is why it needs to be transformed into a spiritual body.
1 Corinthians 15 New Living Translation
40 There are also bodies in the heavens and bodies on the earth. The glory of the heavenly bodies is different from the glory of the earthly bodies.
44 They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies.
50 What I am saying, dear brothers and sisters, is that our physical bodies cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. These dying bodies cannot inherit what will last forever.
51 But let me reveal to you a wonderful secret. We will not all die, but we will all be transformed!
Right, Earth was never intended to be like Heaven.
But we do pray for those same healthy heavenly conditions to come and exist on Earth - 'thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven...'
God's will: No crime in Heaven, No pollution, No war, No sickness and No death in Heaven to come exist on Earth - Isaiah 25:8
Earth was never meant to be a stepping stone to Heaven. Physical Adam and Eve were to live forever here on Earth.
Yes, ' immortal ' death-proof life for all eternity in Heaven for those resurrected to Heaven - Luke 22:28-30; Rev. 20:6
It's ' everlasting life ' for those on Earth. In other words, can live forever on Earth as long as keeping God's standards, laws.
So, there is a difference between being ' immortal and everlasting life '.
Right, the physical body can Not exist in Heaven (1st. Cor. 15:50 ) but as with physical A&E can exist on Earth.
The living figurative 'sheep' at the coming time of separation - Matthew 25:31-34,37 - are alive on Earth and can remain alive on Earth.
They will be part of the humble meek people who will inherit (Not Heaven) but inherit the Earth as promised - Matt. 5:5; Psalm 37:9-11
So, the Bible is speaking about two (2) hopes: one heavenly, one earthly.
Yes, at death one's spirit "IT" (Ecc. 12:7 B ) "IT" returns to God. "IT" is Not a person but neuter. Like God's spirit is an "IT" Num. 11:17,25
Some resurrected to Heaven to serve with Christ (Rev. 5:9-10) but the majority (John 3:13) can have a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection on Earth.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
The teachings of Jesus makes us think we know anything at all about Heaven.
This is fallacious on so many grounds.
1. Jesus taught his own religious BELIEFS. That doesn't make his opinions true.
2. The Bible is a religious text, no different than the Quran or Book of Mormon or Vedas. Appealing to what the Bible says carries no more weight than saying there must be reincarnation because the Hindu texts discuss it.
3. The "teachings of Jesus" are simply legends that the various authors of the gospels collected decades after his death. They are not historically reliable. We really don't know what Jesus said and did.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
This is fallacious on so many grounds.
1. Jesus taught his own religious BELIEFS. That doesn't make his opinions true.
2. The Bible is a religious text, no different than the Quran or Book of Mormon or Vedas. Appealing to what the Bible says carries no more weight than saying there must be reincarnation because the Hindu texts discuss it.
3. The "teachings of Jesus" are simply legends that the various authors of the gospels collected decades after his death. They are not historically reliable. We really don't know what Jesus said and did.
1. Jesus logically taught from the already written old Hebrew Scriptures often referring back to them.
2. The Bible is different because of it many harmonious corresponding cross-reference verses and passages among the Bible writers.
3. The teachings of Jesus were written down by people who either knew him or about him.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
It is also fallacious on the grounds that Jesus did not teach what @URAVIP2ME believes, which is that heaven will be on earth for most people. That is a JW teaching, nothing that Jesus taught.
The last time I read Matthew 5:5 I find Jesus did teach the meek will inherit the Earth - from Psalm 37:9-11; Psalm 22:26
What kind of Earth is described in the 35th chapter of Isaiah.
No one who died before Jesus died was offered Heaven - John 3:13 - including John the Baptist - Matthew 11:11.
Only people like the ones found at Luke 22:28-30. They have that first or earlier resurrection mentioned at Revelation 20:6
Jesus taught to ask for God's Kingdom (Daniel 2:44) to come ( thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is done in __________. )
God's will for Heaven is only good healthy peaceful conditions.
No troubles in Heaven: No war, No violence, No crime, No pollution, No sickness, and No death in Heaven.
So, since God's will is to be done here on Earth as it is done in Heaven then Jesus will remove death on Earth - 1st Cor. 15:24-26
So, yes heavenly conditions will come to exist on a beautiful paradisical Earth. No one will say, " I am sick....." - Isaiah 33:24
Jesus will bring 'healing' to earth's nations - Rev. 22:2 - Not bring earth's nations to Heaven because the majority of people will live here on Earth.
- www.jw.org

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Best thing about Heaven: Hardly any Christian who has made a name for themselves in life will be there.

Worst thing about Heaven: Neither will my friends.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
She also forgot to mention that avocados would not have pits.
True, No debts in Heaven, but also No avocados (with or without pits) because food is physical and Heaven is for spirit persons.
Even Adam had to eat in order to continue to have the gift of everlasting life on Earth.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Best thing about Heaven: Hardly any Christian who has made a name for themselves in life will be there.
Worst thing about Heaven: Neither will my friends.
Just as with earthly governments the governing body is always smaller than the population.
This will hold true for those who have that first or earlier resurrection - Rev. 20:6; 5:9-10; 2:10; Daniel 7:18
So, the majority 'genuine' Christians will be here on Earth as Adam was.
To gain Not immortality, but gain 'everlasting life' on a beautiful paradisical Earth as Eden originally was.
Adam had to eat and breathe to stay alive. If Adam were to stop eating Adam would have died.
On the other hand, those resurrected to Heaven are immortal because they will have life within oneself.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Just as with earthly governments the governing body is always smaller than the population.
This will hold true for those who have that first or earlier resurrection - Rev. 20:6; 5:9-10; 2:10; Daniel 7:18
So, the majority 'genuine' Christians will be here on Earth as Adam was.
To gain Not immortality, but gain 'everlasting life' on a beautiful paradisical Earth as Eden originally was.
Adam had to eat and breathe to stay alive. If Adam were to stop eating Adam would have died.
On the other hand, those resurrected to Heaven are immortal because they will have life within oneself.
A nice story. Not much characterization, but certainly okay on the inventive fantasy.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
It is also fallacious on the grounds that Jesus did not teach what @URAVIP2ME believes, which is that heaven will be on earth for most people.
That is a JW teaching, nothing that Jesus taught.

I know that there are Christians who believe Jehovah's Witnesses aren't true Christians. They believe JWs hold false beliefs, distort and misinterpret the Bible, and teach unbiblical doctrines. When I was an evangelical Christian, I believed that JWs weren't true Christians and were a misguided cult. In my years as an evangelist and street preacher, I considered them to be among the least knowledgeable about the Bible. In my prior encounters with them, whether while street preaching or elsewhere, their knowledge of the Bible was restricted to their church doctrines and the interpretation of the Bible that their church approved of and taught. I used to witness to them whenever they attempted to challenge me and my evangelism team while we were street preaching. They heckled and challenged us about our evangelistic message and interpretation of the Bible. We successfully countered every argument they tried to challenge us with. Most of them became quite frustrated and left the area after a while because their challenges had failed. The others who remained behind also gave up, but they stayed and listened to us. They talked to me and my team after we finished our preaching. A few of them either converted to evangelicalism at that time or some time later, and among these, some later trained to street preach. I taught and mentored a few of them.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
1. Jesus logically taught from the already written old Hebrew Scriptures often referring back to them.
All you are doing is begging the question, doing the same logical fallacy with people who came before Jesus.
2. The Bible is different because of it many harmonious corresponding cross-reference verses and passages among the Bible writers.
The Bible has all sorts of contradictions.
3. The teachings of Jesus were written down by people who either knew him or about him.
Clearly people who knew him did not write the gospels. These are not eye witness accounts.

And "knowing about him" can only possibly refer to people who had second hand information, or third hand, etc. They are not a reliable source.