• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHas better?

WHats Better.

• Total voters

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Get a song called, "Shawty Is A Ten" - The Dream
It's ok, but nothing special. WTH was with the end though, talking about tipping the girl? Was she a prostitute, or was he just talking about her like she was? Either way, hello misogyny.

Having trouble finding the other one. Plenty of remixes, but not the original.
They are the most lovely songs ever.
Hardly.

You hate 50 Cent's vulgar lines but you will like a man who paints his body black and bites of rat's heads and spits them into the crowd, come one Ymir!

It's ok, but nothing special. WTH was with the end though, talking about tipping the girl? Was she a prostitute, or was he just talking about her like she was? Either way, hello misogyny.

Having trouble finding the other one. Plenty of remixes, but not the original.

Hardly.

Tippin, extra lovin. Never have prozzies on my genre of music (as far as i know.)

UnityNow101

Whatever you would consider The Mars Volta and The Sounds of Animals Fighting...I love them both. Especially The Mars Volta. They are our version of Zeppelin. I would label them progressive rock, but who knows? They have a sound that is all their own.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I can name six of them. That is all.
I've never had a liking to rap or R/B.
I misread the post slightly.
I can name a grand total of 6 rap and R/B artist.
Only one of them I somewhat like. And even then, I rarely play his songs.

Smoke

Done here.
I picked the blues, but R&B is a close second, and I really like all the broad genres of music; I just don't like all music within each genre.

I love hip hop and rap. I was brought up on it. Thats why i ahve a terrible vocab and im always swearing away at school. I s'pose all you oldies dont liike it though.
Ha! I was listening to the long version of "Rapper's Delight" before you were thought of. I like some rap still, notably Eminem and Nelly.

I liked all the old Def Jam recordings from the 1980s, but I never have liked gangsta rap or West Coast hip hop. I do like hip hop soul and Latin hip hop.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Haha the only rap I can tolerate is the rap song to that old show with will smith - Fresh Prince!!!
At least he kind of sings in that one.

I prefer my music to have some sort of music! :p

But seriously - for me it needs to be tuneful and I want all the music in it to be created by a single person or by a group so that no live shows have any pre-recorded bits (exception: Pink Floyd). That leaves it open for more improvisation for all the instruments which is what I absolutely love. For that reason I like Led Zep - no two live shows (At least what I've heard from CDs, DVDs and bootlegs) are the same - some songs even have verses previously unheard. And the Whole Lotta Love medley on BBC Sessions is amazing.

As for the heavier side of things I like Opeth because the style is so different, so unique and so well done. Kinda like a good steak really - rare with a good marinade of classical, blues, progressive, rock and metal!!!! ;)

Blues I like because of it's simplicity and I absolutely love the 12-bar!!! I like Jazz for the improvisation mostly. The ability to pull great music out of thin air is a great gift and I love listening to the magic happen right before my eyes.

Classical is great for the amazing technical ability. To dance up and down a violin or a piano with such speed, ferocity and yet be so highly accurate amazes me.

What I don't like:

Pop: Lyrics seem empty and most seem to consist of pitch-adjusted vocals and regurgitated background music.
hip-hop: The same reason as above really - just doesn't ring with me at all and I don't feel there is all that much talent involved in the making of the music.
rap: Don't get me started! I really don't see talking over the top of an "nst nst" beat as music >_<

So that'll ruffle a few feathers I'm sure!!!!