• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHas better?

WHats Better.

• Total voters
Heavy Metal

Rock

Hip Hop/Rap

R&B

BLues

Jazz

ALternative Music

Religious

Other

I love hip hop and rap. I was brought up on it. Thats why i ahve a terrible vocab and im always swearing away at school. I s'pose all you oldies dont liike it though.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I love at least one artist out of every genre you can think of. Yes, even hip hop, though I find most of what I hear repulsive. I don't mind swearing, it's the subculture, with its glorification of ignorance and thuggish behavior. Plus, I can't stand misogyny, which is rampant in gangsta rap. Still, there's good stuf out there.

Panda

42?
Premium Member
I would say other. I like lots of styles for example post grunge, ska, indie, alternative, acoustic of almost any kind and emo(and I'm not ashamed to admit it)

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
Hmm...
Rock-virtually every form- the exception being death metalesque music, but I do not mind some forms of metal. Nu-metal is ok (I think thats how System of a Down is classified. Only metal artist I have the entire discography of.)
Blues and Jazz are good for the most part.
Some Hip Hop/Rap, but I do not care for it too much.
I abhor R&B and Pop.

CincyJim

Silly question until one establishes the definition of "better". Purely subjective.

The better question would be "What type of music do you like and why?"

Why is that a better question? There is no need to determine some elusive standard.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
For me -

Heavy metal (Think Metallica)- great for jumping around and looking like you're having a seizure
Progressive metal (Opeth and Tool) - great for the above plus you have a tune to sing along to as well
Rock (AC/DC and Led Zeppelin) - Good fun music to get you up and going. Good for party situations too!
Progressive rock (Pink Floyd and Genesis) - Good to smoke some good stuff to! :p
Jazz and Blues- awesome for relaxing and having a quiet drink or two (which undoubtedly turns to 5 or 6 in which case you crank up the rock! :p)
Classical - Great for study being that it's lyricless or at least it's not sing-along or rock-along music so no distractions!

Those are my main ones anyways but are not limited to this list

eudaimonia

Fellowship of Reason
I'll mention up front that I'm 40 years old to give some context.

My favorites are various electronica such as techno, trance, and industrial. I also like synth and some other types of alternative music.

I used to be in to popular rock music from the 60's, 70's, and especially the 80's (my high school and college days), but now mainly out of nostalgia.

Not to offend anyone, but I hate virtually all rap, hip hop, and country music.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Silly question until one establishes the definition of "better". Purely subjective.

The better question would be "What type of music do you like and why?"

Why is that a better question? There is no need to determine some elusive standard.

And what was the need for a post like that? None.

Im so upset that you lot hate hip and r&b. Really i am. Oh well, i hate rock and hevay metal and alternative, soo... Can someone name a rap or R&B star they like?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Can someone name a rap or R&B star they like?
Coolio, Queen Latifah, Lauryn Hill, india.arie, and some Eminem.

I haven't really explored it, though. Oh, does Me'shell Ndegeocello count? I haven't heard much of her stuff, but what I have heard was interesting.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
WHat about your Cypress Hill. Chingy. J-Holiday! 2Pac! Biggie! B2K! Al them lot! 50 Cent! Akon. Snoop Dogg. Dr.Dre!!!!!
Not into the gangsta stuff, hate it with a firey passion for reasons stated in post 2.

EDIT: Sorry, post 3, not 2.

I find that sad, never mind. I like gangsta rap because its quick and puch liny. They will say what they feel. I dont take it seriously. I dont find it bad. Just take what they say with a pinch of salt.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I find that sad, never mind. I like gangsta rap because its quick and puch liny. They will say what they feel. I dont take it seriously. I dont find it bad. Just take what they say with a pinch of salt.
No. Everything they say is utterly hateful, and I have no intention of inflicting it on myself. My neighbors do that enough.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I'll mention up front that I'm 40 years old to give some context.

My favorites are various electronica such as techno, trance, and industrial. I also like synth and some other types of alternative music.

I used to be in to popular rock music from the 60's, 70's, and especially the 80's (my high school and college days), but now mainly out of nostalgia.

Not to offend anyone, but I hate virtually all rap, hip hop, and country music.

eudaimonia,

Mark
We are on similar wavelengths musically Mark.

I too detest virtually any form of "rap" or "hippety slop" and do not even consider them to be music, but simply spoken word... and virtually without merit, at that.
I also detest most country music, but since the genre began to change some years back there is now some that is quite nice.
Much to the horror of many of you, I also utterly detest virtually any form of Jazz. *noticeably shivers* Hate it with a passion.
The last genre that grosses me out are sappy religiously oriented tunes. Hate em to pieces. I have yet to hear ANY religious song that made me go "wow... that's great". What I have heard is so sappy and infantile that you may as well drag your fingernails down a blackboard as that may well produce the same effect.
Oh... and pop almost make me puke.

Aside from that I actually do have a very well rounded taste in music. I love Marilyn Manson and similar acts ... all the way to Mozart.