• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHas better?

WHats Better.

• Total voters

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You hate 50 Cent's vulgar lines but you will like a man who paints his body black and bites of rat's heads and spits them into the crowd, come one Ymir!
I'm in the same situation. Some of my favorite bands do some odd stuff, such as:
Slipknot - who does many bizarre acts on stage, including a fist fight breaking out between two members on stage.
Marilyn Manson - who has committed so many obscenities on stage he is no longer allowed to perform in the state of Indiana.
Slayer/Lamb of God/Dimmu Borgir - very strong anti-Christian message, and some Satan worship themes.
Ozzy - he has snorted ants, bit the heads of doves off, and done so many drugs he would need a forest full of trees to have enough paper to print the results of a drug test if he takes one.
Hatebreed - very violent and angry lyrics.

Metal is dark and evil...
Not all metal is. Allthough to be considered heavy metal, it is mandatory to worship Satan in at least 90% of all songs.
Song non-dark/evil metal bands; Dragonforce, Dream Theater, Symphony-X, and Motorhead.

I've never liked heavy metal, because of black, i hate the colour, and i dont like they way they love to kill whatever is in there path...

I suppose you are right panda, my bad. That was hypocritical. But i never liked the beat and tune of heavy metal anyways. I think only the younger generation like rap/hip hop.

gnomon

I vote other.

I enjoy a wide variety of music and my favorite right now is probably classical and world/folk traditional. Especially artists such as Kathy Mattea, Loreena McKennitt, Dougie MacLean....Tool. Okay, I really like Tool.

I will admit that this Scandinavian Death Metal, pretty much all of Hip Hop and all country music since the demise of Johnny Cash brings on Suicidal Tendencies.

Fluffy

A fool
penguino said:
Metal is dark and evil...
There are plenty of upbeat metal songs. Try power metal.

And also "dark" songs aren't evil at all. Dark songs are dark specifically because they do not glorify the themes they discuss but recognise them as tragic, unpleasant etc.

standing_alone

Hatebreed - very violent and angry lyrics.

Huh. I find Hatebreed songs to typically be empowering; at least, they have that effect on me. I could be ready to just give up on everything, but then throw in a Hatebreed CD, give it a listen, and feel ready to go out, kick a$s, and give everything another go again... They are near or at the top of my list when it comes to must-haves for listening when I'm going through crappy times.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I think only the younger generation like rap/hip hop.
Not necessarily. My brother is 10 years older than me and he listens to it. I however cannot stand it.

Huh. I find Hatebreed songs to typically be empowering; at least, they have that effect on me. I could be ready to just give up on everything, but then throw in a Hatebreed CD, give it a listen, and feel ready to go out, kick a$s, and give everything another go again... They are near or at the top of my list when it comes to must-haves for listening when I'm going through crappy times.
Yes, the most definitely are filled with powerful, empowering lyrics as well. I guess you could call it a positive anger. Overcoming obstacles and obliterating any and all barriers is the best way I can describe their music.
Hatebreed has also had the most violent mosh pits I have been in during a concert.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
huh, positive anger, thats great.
Yeah.
Hatebreed - Facing What Consumes You
Facing what consumes you is the only way to be free.
Released from those poisonous fears.
Resurrected once and for all.
You want me to hold my tongue
Then why the **** am I here?
You want me to bottle my rage
Cause you never had the heart to say what I say.
My life, my body, my pride.
You have no opinion, no right.
I've built myself nothing like you.
My refusal is my way of life.
Doubt me, Hate me
You're the inspiration I need
My life, my body, my pride
You have no say
My life, my body, my pride
You don't have say
Facing what consumes you is the only way to be free.
Though I'm still far from perfection.
I stay relevant, I'm still vigilante.
I have so much more to say.
I have so much more to fight for.
I've used your lack of inspiration.
As my awakening, its my ability to live forever
By my own command.
To be vehement, remain confident.
Doubt me, Hate me
You're the inspiration I need
You're all the inspiration I need.
Your doubt, it fuels me.