• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wearing a mask. Who are you to gripe and whine

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
That's not what I consider a breathing problem. That's an infection that caused a breathing problem. There is a difference.
Every disease has a cause unrelated to where it manifests, caused by a disbalance in one's vital energies (fire, air, water)

exchemist

Veteran Member
Boy do I agree with you on masks.

There are some people who appear to have stopped emotional maturation at age 2-3 based on the utter meltdowns I've seen and read about.
It's all faked up indignation, by people who want to turn reasonable precautions into a "culture war" issue that enables them to take sides.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Dr wears mask's for many hours
Nurses wear mask's during their shift
Workers in sanitation wear mask's
Painter's wear mask's.
Sand blasters wear mask's
Exterminators wear mask's
Boiler makers wear mask's
People in wood shops wear masks
Miner's wear masks
Etc etc.

Many working people now or always have wear/wore mask's thoughtout their 8 to 12 hours shift.

So tell me how you smother by wearing a mask during your 20 minutes of shopping.

Quit whining!!!

If you have breathing problems, this doesn't apply to you.

I’m not a doctor.
I’m not a nurse.
I’m not a sanitation worker.
I’m not a painter.
I’m not a sandblaster.
I’m not an exterminator.
I’m not a boiler-maker.
I’m not a miner.
I’m don’t work in a wood shop.

I will wear a mask to protect others and myself. I don’t have to like it, so please don’t tell me how to feel. It’s my prerogative if I choose to whine about it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Painter's wear mask's.
Miner's wear masks
Etc etc.
Bank robbers wear masks.
Muslim women wear masks.
Halloween celebrants wear masks.
@Valjean wears a mask.
BTW, it's "masks", not "mask's".

Some here have complained that I'm insufficiently annoying.
I'm working on becoming more so. How'm I doing?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Painter's wear mask's.
Miner's wear masks
Etc etc.

Many working people now or always have wear/wore mask's thoughtout their 8 to 12 hours shift.

So tell me how you smother by wearing a mask during your 20 minutes of shopping.

Quit whining!!!

Doctors and nurses wear mask when needed, and take them off when they go to the store. Before COVID, nurses and doctors did not wear masks in the hospitals unless it was required-even in the ER.

People of specific professions wear masks and take them off when they are not working.

People gripe and wine because of opposition of people who gripe and wine for people to wear masks. Both you guys gripe and wine. But the difference is, in person not on the news, people who don't wear masks (when they don't need to) rarely care about those who do.

Why is it the other way around?

I don't remember seeing threads of why people should not wear masks...and even if there was one, it would be banded anyhow. So...

Also, I wouldn't be surprised when I read all these comments they would be those against people who have "opinions" against masks but never ever really take into consideration that opinions don't spread the virus. People DO wear masks whether they like it or not. Why cry about each other's whinning when the majority of people do wear masks?

That's. A waste of time. No one is the victim here.

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Painter's wear mask's.
Miner's wear masks
Etc etc.

Quit whining!!!

Er, those people chose to work in those professions.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
There are many homeless people nowadays, and not all people invite them to stay into their homes:D

Here, they have places now where homeless can get masks for free. I'm not sure where but the majority don't or they find a cloth or something to compensate.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Fyi.... If and when I go out around many other people I wear a mask. I mainly wear it in case I'm a carrier because I don't want to infect anyone.
I'm one of these bad unvaccinated people, even though I already had it doesn't mean I can't get it again or be a carrier,,, same with vaccinated people.
Last year they said if you already had it you wouldn't get again then, then they sort of changed that. Then they said if you get vaccinated you won't get it, then they sort of changed that.

It is what it is. And that is mostly unknown because they are just going by the now because there aren't really any lengthy past studies to go by.
All vaccines are ultimately an odds game. And so is natural immunity from getting the disease.

If you have it once and survive the odds of getting it again are greatly reduced. The vaccine is supposed to lower the odds even more and it has made the symptoms far less severe by the very few people that still caught it.

Viruses are tenacious quasi-lifeforms that do not stop trying. The hope is with vaccines that we may eradicate this disease.

I am a bit concerned in regards to that because we keep hearing accounts of people passing the disease on to other animals. The flu is an annual threat because it goes from people to birds to pigs and back to people yearly having changed enough so that last year's immunity no longer works. The same may happen with Covid.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I never whine about wearing a mask, in fact I am getting to like it because I do not have to put on a fake smile. :D
Admittedly, at fort I did not want to war one to the grocery store, but as soon as the governor made it mandatory I got on board and never complained again.

Ha. I have big eyes and a big nose. Without my smile, people think I'm staring them down and sneering at them as if they did something wrong. I wish there was a way to say, "no... it's not you." Its already hard communicating with my eyes and already can't understand what people say with processing issues... they do have clear masks, but they look ridiculous.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Ha. I have big eyes and a big nose. Without my smile, people think I'm staring them down and sneering at them as if they did something wrong. I wish there was a way to say, "no... it's not you." Its already hard communicating with my eyes and already can't understand what people say with processing issues... they do have clear masks, but they look ridiculous.
I wish there was a way to say, "no... it's not you." It is just my sordid life! In lieu of that, I just try staying away from people.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Painter's wear mask's.
Miner's wear masks
Etc etc.

Quit whining!!!

If by "whining" you mean "refusing to wear a mask at all and consequently putting others at risk," then I agree.

If, however, you simply mean that people should never express frustration at the status quo we have reached due to the pandemic, then I disagree. Just a little over a year ago, we could go to crowded places without thinking twice. Now we have to wear masks, which feel or at least felt unusual to many people outside specific professions, even when quickly going out to a store (and I fully support that requirement in order to protect others and myself).

I'll take a "whining" person who respects and follows medical requirements to keep everyone safe--despite hating the status quo--over someone who doesn't whine but disregards people's safety or denies science, every time and any day of the week.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
When I first started having to wear a mask at work, it was a bit uncomfortable to wear for long hours - especially for my ears. They'd get sore after every 30 mins or so, and I'd have to fuss and mess with it.

I got a mask extender off of etsy, and just wrapped the straps behind my neck.

Face Mask Extender Ear Protector Ear Saver Face Mask Holder | Etsy

It works brilliantly, and the thing is so comfortable to wear now that I'll forgot that I'm even wearing the thing. 12 hour shifts are no problem for me.

I think even when covid is over, I'll continue to wear a mask when I get sick just as a courtesy to other people. It really is the responsible thing to do.