• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We have a female Prime Minister

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't get why so many dislike her, she's a typical conservative.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Wanting to reduce immigration? FASCISM.
Wanting to focus on the nuclear family and raise falling birth rates? FASCISM.
Wanting to talk about God? FASCISM.
Wanting to take pride in one's own culture? FASCISM.

Fascism everywhere!!!!

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Wanting to reduce immigration? FASCISM.
Wanting to focus on the nuclear family and raise falling birth rates? FASCISM.
Wanting to talk about God? FASCISM.
Wanting to take pride in one's own culture? FASCISM.

Fascism everywhere!!!!
Admiring fascist leaders?
Attempting to lionise fascist campaigner in your history?
Re-purposing fascist slogans and symbols?
Talking openly about wanting to remove rights from minority groups?
Speaking euphemistically about your own culture?

Yes. Fascism.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Admiring fascist leaders?
Attempting to lionise fascist campaigner in your history?
Re-purposing fascist slogans and symbols?
Talking openly about wanting to remove rights from minority groups?
Speaking euphemistically about your own culture?
Advocating white genocide conspiracy theories?

Yes. Fascism.
None of these things make one a Fascist, regardless whether she's actually engaging in them or that's just what's being said about her.

I will repeat. Brexit and British Conservatives.

You might want to take a look at what happened during the terms of our last five prime minsters.
You might want to consider the idea behind a thing and how the idea has been carried out. Just because the Conservatives have been a hash, it doesn't mean the idea itself is a hash. This simply does not logically follow. She may like some of the Tory policies, who knows? I didn't particularly see the problem with slight tax cuts. I didn't really see why Boris had to be got rid of. But whatever I guess.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
None of these things make one a Fascist, regardless whether she's actually engaging in them or that's just what's being said about her.
You might want to read up on it.

You might want to consider the idea behind a thing and how the idea has been carried out. Just because the Conservatives have been a hash, it doesn't mean the idea itself is a hash.
So you admit that the Conservatives are bad at their jobs and admiring them would be very stupid. I agree.

And considering the number one issue as to why FIVE PRIME MINSTERS IN A ROW HAVE RESIGNED is because they cannot get Brexit to work, I would say with a huge degree of confidence that Brexit is a very stupid thing to admire too.

This simply does not logically follow. She may like some of the Tory policies, who knows? I didn't particularly see the problem with slight tax cuts. I didn't really see why Boris had to be got rid of. But whatever I guess.
Because the Conservatives can't get their act together, can't form a cogent government, keep failing the people, keep trying to implement policies that are hated and don't work, and because Brexit is currently nothing more than a sword prime minster after prime minster has to fall on.

Admiring either the British Conservative party or Brexit at this stage is kind of like admiring the idea of building a house using nuclear waste. I mean, sure, it would great if it DID work, but in actual practice only an idiot would point to the irradiated heap of molten flesh that is what became of the poor family who moved into their semi-detached home and say "That's a good idea!"

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
You might want to read up on it.
I know what Fascism is. She's not it.

So you admit that the Conservatives are bad at their jobs and admiring them would be very stupid. I agree.

And considering the number one issue as to why FIVE OF PRIME MINSTERS IN A ROW HAVE RESIGNED is because they cannot get Brexit to work, I would say with a huge degree of confidence that Brexit is a very stupid thing to admire too.
Err, this is not all about Brexit. Incase you hadn't noticed, there's been a worldwide pandemic lasting over a year that has led to economic turmoil for the whole of Europe and beyond, not just the UK. There's also a war in the East which we're funding. There's also deteriorating relations with China. Also just the general business of running a country. To blame this all on Brexit is questionable at best.

Because the Conservatives can't get their act together, can't form a cogent government, keep failing the people, keep trying to implement policies that are hated and don't work, and because Brexit is currently nothing more than a sword prime minster after prime minster has to fall on.
Meh.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I know what Fascism is. She's not it.
Well, I disagree, but I hope you are correct. As the quote said before, power reveals. We may see what she is soon enough, and I sincerely hope all the signs I've seen are misleading.

Err, this is not all about Brexit. Incase you hadn't noticed, there's been a worldwide pandemic lasting over a year that has led to economic turmoil for the whole of Europe and beyond, not just the UK. There's also a war in the East which we're funding. There's also deteriorating relations with China. We also just the general business of running a country. To blame this all on Brexit is questionable at best.
I didn't. I said it was the number one issue - which it is. David Cameron resigned because he lost the Brexit vote. Theresa May resigned over a vote of no confidence in her ability to lead Brexit negotiations. Boris Johnson's resignation became inevitable once his minster for Brexit resigned. Liz Truss... was just a trash fire in every way, including her Brexit negotiations, but it may be overly simplistic to say it was purely Brexit.

Whatever way you look at it, Brexit played a significant role in the resignations of all four of our last prime minsters, and it is undeniable that - even looking purely at Brexit pre-covid, or pre-war, or pre-any kind of international crisis separate of Brexit - it as a policy has been a failure from beginning to last.