• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We Are All Born Muslim

Baladas

An Págánach
The Prophet (saws) said that every child is born in Fitrah. In Islam this means a state of purity and connection to God.

When I say God I mean the ultimate force that gives us life not a bearded guy in the clouds.

To me, saying that we are born with a more pure connection to an ultimate source is something that I can relate to. It's not falsifiable, but it is an idea that I am attracted to.
This is part of what led me to finally let go of the doctrine of original sin.
My daughter was born, and she was pure and innocent.

I think that I might understand the disconnect in this thread.
I don't want to put words in your mouth though, so correct me if I am wrong.

You are stating that in your belief Islam (the actual doctrines as written in the Quran in the 7th century CE) has existed since the beginning of the earth. This is because, in your beliefs, the world was literally created by Allah as a test for humanity and that humans originally knew these beliefs. Is that right?

syo

It was Jesus who said the children will inherit heaven. we are all born christian.

QuestioningMind

You can call it whatever you like. As can I. Just sharing my beliefs here..

I'm just trying to understand the logic behind it. Defining God as the universe, or love, or the force of life is either useless, since we already have the words universe, love, and life force available to us, or there are additional aspects to your God that isn't covered by the simple words, love, universe, or life force.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
If you really think that, then give an example... NOT USING A SEARCH ENGINE!

...But off the top of your head. :)
An example of what? Islamic theology being superior to Christian theology?

Islam is a lot simpler. In it, there's only one God with no incarnations, manifestations, avatars, etc. This one God merely sends messangers when His creations (not just humans because jinn, for example, can choose to worship God or not, like humans) go astray to remind them of the correct path. There's no messy, anthropocentric and illogical Trinity teaching. So Islam is much less anthropocentric than Christianity. In Islam, humans are just another creation of God. While we are a great creation, we don't own the Earth and it's not all about us.The Earth and all that exists belongs to God and we will have to answer for how we use or misuse His creation. So there can be intelligent species on other worlds and there's no reason to believe that the Creator wouldn't have communicated with them, as well. Meanwhile Christianity will have to think about why God chose to incarnate as a human if we find intelligent life elsewhere.

There's no gory and guilt-inducing human sacrifice for salvation. No sacraments, priests or actual clergy. There's no fall of the angels and Satan isn't viewed as some quasi-demigod. In Islam, we're born pure and innocent, not tainted and in need of baptism to remove the taint. When you sin, you repent directly to God. There's no intermediary. In more mystical interpretations, God is viewed as the only true reality that underlies all that exists, which is much the same as how Brahman is viewed in Hinduism.

Islam basically is just to "submit" or "surrender" to the will of God, which is viewed as the natural law the cosmos and all that is in it abides by. By saying we're all born Muslim, it's just saying we are all created and born in a state of primordial innocence and aligned with God's will.

So there's a number of examples for why I prefer Islam right there.

Last edited:

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
No.. Islam did. In Islam we believe we were with Allah first and then sent down from Paradise to complete a test. So as long as you talk Earth and Adam there was Islam.

I find the "to complete a test" part quite a silly argument because you only get the result when your dead and nobody has seen anyone who graduated yet.

To answer th op, no we are not born Muslim,religious beliefs are mostly programed into us by our parents and priests vicars imams.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I'm sure everyone will all agree that we are all born Muslim..
lol jk

No

When I say God I mean the ultimate force that gives us life not a bearded guy in the clouds.

Common belief in many belief systems including Judaism and the Baha'i Faith.

In Islam it is not looked at as a religion but just the natural way of life. We are the worlds most looked down upon and knowing that raises me up.

There are many belief systems, religions, churches and sects that claim they are not religion. It is about as meaningful as claiming not to be human.

james blunt

lol jk

In Islam everyone is born a Muslim and it is his/hers parents (along with social circles) that bring the child away from Islam.

The Prophet (saws) said that every child is born in Fitrah. In Islam this means a state of purity and connection to God.

In Islam it is not looked at as a religion but just the natural way of life. We are the worlds most looked down upon and knowing that raises me up.

Your bold does not impress and how dare you say people are born anything other than people, suggesting that people are born with a natural biological inherent religion rather than subjective programming by their elders to get them to believe that is not worthy of the time or effort of justified logic in a sense of realism compared dogma of the stereotypical convert who knows nothing about the virtue and true grace of ourselves when faced with excepting there is no enemies of people except people themselves with their own acceptance of lies as you have told before me in words that are bold lies.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
lol jk

In Islam everyone is born a Muslim and it is his/hers parents (along with social circles) that bring the child away from Islam.

People tend to look down on it based on the actions of a very violent and very loud minority. If it was the Islam of your golden age I would respect it. But it is NO WHERE near that now. Also we would be exponentially more advanced as a species if Islam had no dark ages, some of the greatest mathematical minds were Muslim. But you know, ole' Ghengis had to go in there and burn everything to the ground and spurn the radicalization of your entire religion.