• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We Are All Born Muslim

DustyFeet

पैर है| outlaw kosher care-bear | Tribe of Dan
please brother, this is not an ambush. what is the actuality that is not on the news or google?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Just sharing my beliefs.

Ok, my beliefs are weird. I believe humans have no idea how the universe started or even if there was a start to it. I think we humans know so little, there's not much point on having a belief. Whatever belief someone might come up with, it's probably wrong.

I suppose it's nice to take comfort in one's beliefs but I can't even do that. I start with thinking my beliefs are probably wrong. Not very comforting right?

Do you think a person can be happy without a belief in something? I think so, probably wrong about that too. :oops:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Not too many people in the area knew about Islam when I was born, or growing up. So it's pretty safe to say, that by default, I couldn't have been born a Muslim because it was an impossible situation for me to have been in. I was born into Evangelical Christianity, but I was born utterly and completely agnostic.

AdamRaja

Islamic Philosopher
Ok, my beliefs are weird. I believe humans have no idea how the universe started or even if there was a start to it. I think we humans know so little, there's not much point on having a belief. Whatever belief someone might come up with, it's probably wrong.

I suppose it's nice to take comfort in one's beliefs but I can't even do that. I start with thinking my beliefs are probably wrong. Not very comforting right?

Do you think a person can be happy without a belief in something? I think so, probably wrong about that too. :oops:
I can't speak for other peoples happiness. Just sharing what brought mine.

AdamRaja

Islamic Philosopher
Not too many people in the area knew about Islam when I was born, or growing up. So it's pretty safe to say, that by default, I couldn't have been born a Muslim because it was an impossible situation for me to have been in. I was born into Evangelical Christianity, but I was born utterly and completely agnostic.
We all were.

W3bcrowf3r

Nope, not me, i was born in Lancashire, UK into a church of england family. No Allah involved.

I disagree with sectarianism. And todays Islam is 99% full with sectarianism and false doctrines.

But the word Islaam means peace in Arabic. So in other words, is everyone born as a peaceful being? Yes.

Just wanted to say that. I do not follow a denomination btw. I read both Quran, Gospel, Tora, Psalms etc.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I'm sure everyone will all agree that we are all born Muslim..
lol jk

In Islam everyone is born a Muslim and it is his/hers parents (along with social circles) that bring the child away from Islam.

The Prophet (saws) said that every child is born in Fitrah. In Islam this means a state of purity and connection to God.

When I say God I mean the ultimate force that gives us life not a bearded guy in the clouds.

In Islam it is not looked at as a religion but just the natural way of life. We are the worlds most looked down upon and knowing that raises me up.
Well, at least it's more positive than Christianity's disgusting original sin concept.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Ahh.. Flying Spaghetti Monster!

Right. The true god. The one that perfectly explains why the most fundamental things of nature are strings/nudel.
We are all born Pastafarians, obviously. Most of us just lose it and go back to lower beliefs because of the made up religions of their parents.

Ciao

- viole

W3bcrowf3r

I'm sure everyone will all agree that we are all born Muslim..
lol jk

In Islam everyone is born a Muslim and it is his/hers parents (along with social circles) that bring the child away from Islam.

The Prophet (saws) said that every child is born in Fitrah. In Islam this means a state of purity and connection to God.

When I say God I mean the ultimate force that gives us life not a bearded guy in the clouds.

In Islam it is not looked at as a religion but just the natural way of life. We are the worlds most looked down upon and knowing that raises me up.

Akhi, have you read the Gospel, Psalms and the Tora?

I want to encourage you to read the Quran in 2:4, 2:41, 2:285, 3:3, 4:136, 5:43, 5:47, 5:66, 5:68, 29:46 etc. if you feel that you shouldn't read the Previous Scriptures. These Quranic verses actually confirm the Previous Scriptures, in 5:47 of the Quran it even tells us that we people of the Gospel should judge with the Gospel, and in 5:68 it tells us people of the Book to uphold the Tora and the Gospel.

The Tora and the Gospel are a Light and Guidance from God as well. It's worth it to learn Greek and Hebrew to read the originals.

May the peace, love and light of God be with you.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Most people don't know true Islam.

This is a sincere request: Will you point me to the documents that define the true Islam?

If you point me to the Quran, that might be okay, but then you have to tell me the true context from which I should read the book. Some Muslims have told me that the Quran should be considered perfect and timeless, and the Quran declares itself to be easy to understand. Is that the perspective I should use when I read the book? Because when I read the book from that perspective, it's incoherent, and it's also very inconsistent with how Muslims explain Islam.

W3bcrowf3r

This is a sincere request: Will you point me to the documents that define the true Islam?

If you point me to the Quran, that might be okay, but then you have to tell me the true context from which I should read the book. Some Muslims have told me that the Quran should be considered perfect and timeless, and the Quran declares itself to be easy to understand. Is that the perspective I should use when I read the book? Because when I read the book from that perspective, it's incoherent, and it's also very inconsistent with how Muslims explain Islam.

Read Books and read them with your own eyes and brains. Don't let someone else tell you what you should read.

Do you know Arabic? Else you are reading just what someone thinks the Text says. And such a thing can be very hard to grasp through, especially in these days.

Just do not worry. The Tora, the Psalms, the Gospel, the Quran. Their Message is simple, Love God and Love your neighbor.
But people make it hard for themselves, and the governments who invented their monarchism and false doctrines in name of God which they want people to uphold besides the Scriptures doesn't make it easier.

If you think the Quran is not for you. Then just accept that you were not reading the Quran and do not know what the original Quran actually said. Or do you know Arabic?
You don't care. So why are you asking and wasting your time on such a forum anyways? Or do you have some doubts?
Well, learn to stop judging a Book by its cover.

There are multiple Holy Scriptures from different nations with us today. If i judge the Holy Scriptures based on how the people claim to follow them, then i would be a disbeliever. Judging a Book by its cover isn't intellectual. If you hate something, then just ignore it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
We all were.
How could I have been something I had no knowledge of? I didn't know anything about it and had even barely even heard of Islam until I took a world history class in high school. So the absolute earliest I could have been Muslim was about 15 years old when I first had any awareness of it.