• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Watch Yourself, Mate

Consistently when i walk throuought out my school corridors people barge. I normally confront them, and push them away... Is this the right thing to do? I hear people say im a little too rough...and unforgiving...

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Consistently when i walk throuought out my school corridors people barge. I normally confront them, and push them away... Is this the right thing to do? I hear people say im a little too rough...and unforgiving...
I personally, do not confront anybody if they bump me. For all I know it could've been an accident. Even if it's not, it's nothing worth getting physical about.

over here, peoplle barge because they are big in teh school. Im quite small too. I can't let people push me around. The only thing for ito do is defend my honour...

Somkid

I guess it depends on where you live. If you did that in Philadelphia where I grew up you might get shot, if you do that here in Chiang Mai where I live now people would be shocked and horrified at your violent, non-compassionate, down right rude and insulting behavior.

kadzbiz

I confront, but I probably shouldn't. I just hate it when people are so arrogant they think they can do whatever they like. I guess it depends if you feel confident enough to be able to confront them. There's a lot of quick assessing that needs to be done. Who are they? What are they doing it for? Who is with them, ready to back them? What are they packing? What are you trying to achieve by the confrontation? Are you able to confront successfully? Will there be ongoing retributions if you do or even if you don't confront? There's a lot to assess. Just remember, whatever you decide, you have to live with the choice you have made.

Mike182

Flaming Queer

meh, i just ignore people who barge past me. if i don't react to them i am less likely to end up in a physical confrontation, which i am rather happy to avoid.

but if you're happy to confront every single person who does that to you, and risk getting into fights, that's your call.

Sometimes i know its a mistake, the corridors are crowded, i jsut hate those people who think they are so important. The big knobs, as my dad calls them.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
over here, peoplle barge because they are big in teh school. Im quite small too. I can't let people push me around. The only thing for ito do is defend my honour...
That is only if your honour is being attacked....

You could also just look at it this way;

The "pusher" has a need to make himself bigger or stronger or "better" than others. This sounds to me like he is simply uncomfortable in himself. I would guess that maybe he feels smaller than others, and this is him "proving he is not".

All attack is a call for help.

I don't think Penguino should use the word 'mate'. I don't think he knows what it means yet.

Here in Kiwiland it is used in the context of "hey man, hows it going" "Hey mate, how's it?" "No worries mate"

expression of "friend" "bud" "bro".

How else is it used...? I'm confused...