• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Muhammad a good man?

What is your opinion on Muhammad?

• He was a great man and those who insult him must be punished!

Votes: 60 27.9%
  • He was a great man, but people are free to insult him

Votes: 47 21.9%
  • He was not a good man, but we should respect him because I believe in respecting other religions

Votes: 23 10.7%
  • He was a terrible man and we should condemn his awful actions!

Votes: 85 39.5%

• Total voters

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
How can you be sure it was real.
If a Christian claims Jesus spoke to him/her and they were sure it was real, does it make it so?
If someone claims they are sure they were abducted by aliens does it make so?

I am asking you,it didn't happen to me,but i am just making assumption.

If you are sure that the voice was real,then will you feel worry and have some fears.

Sees

Dragonslayer
It is ridiculous that the first option of this poll has so many votes.

People should be punished for insulting Muhammad?! Plays into the stereotypical image of the crazy mob enraged over a cartoon.

So sad....

gnostic

The Lost One
sees said:

People should be punished for insulting Muhammad?! Plays into the stereotypical image of the crazy mob enraged over a cartoon.

So sad....

I agreed. It is terrible to think people should be punished for criticising, mocking or insulting Muhammad.

I couldn't vote in the poll, because I would have chosen 2 of the choices:

"He was a great man, but people are free to insult him" and "He was a terrible man and we should condemn his awful actions!".

Just because I think he is terrible, doesn't mean he is not a great man.

I admire Julius Caesar and Attila the Hun, for their strategies and tactics in wars, but at the same time, I don't like either or their wars.

Muhammad is or was a public figure, so he can be either admired or satirized, and no one should be punished for insulting or mocking him.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

So sad....

Too bad that poll isn't public. But if it were, I'm sure it would've come out differently. People feel safer to voice their true opinions in anonymity.

Agnostic75

Agnostic75 said:
The following article does not specifically mention gay sex, but it shows that having sex has significant health benefits.

10 Surprising Health Benefits of Sex

The following article shows that long term abstinence has significant health risks.

THE PROBLEM OF SEXUAL ABSTINENCE.

Common sense shows that humans generally do not enjoy living alone, and never kissing, and never having sex with someone else.

FearGod said:
So people live till age 16 in a miserable life till they will find someone to have sex with, so IOW happy life start after 16 or once we have sex.

You asked me for evidence that having sex provides significant health benefits, and that long term abstinence has serious health risks. I provided you with the information.

Anyone who has just a modest amount of common sense knows that humans are generally not as happy when they live alone, and when they never have sex.

Agnostic75 said:
Why is that? Sexual identity is not a choice. Lesbians have less risks of getting sexually transmitted diseases than heterosexual men and women do.

FearGod said:
You asked for my opinion and i told you I feel it to be disgusting,thats my feeling toward it.

It is not news that the vast majority of Muslims in the world do not like homosexuality. The main issue is why they don't like it. Religion, and culture are the main reasons why some people oppose homosexuality. Logically, there are not any good reasons why homosexuals should not enjoy safe, monogamous sexual relationships.

Agnostic75 said:
There is not any evidence that a God opposes nudity. Most Americans who have gone to nudist colonies say that they are very peaceful, and orderly.

FearGod said:
And to me it is shameful.

And to millions of other people, it is not shameful. If you had been raised under certain other circumstances, it is probable that you would not oppose homosexuality. For example, if 1,000 babies in Iran were taken at birth, and were raised in Western countries that are very liberal by parents who approve of homosexuality, it is probable that the majority of those children would approve of homosexuality.

Agnostic75 said:
It is God's desire that many people be primitive. That is why Neanderthal men, who lived over 50,000 years ago, were primitive. God could have made them advanced, but he chose not to.

FearGod said:
Why do you think he can?

I assume that you believe that God is able to do whatever he wants to do. If God provided Muhammad with information, then he could also have provided primitive people with information that would have helped them not be primitive, but he didn't until tens of thousands of years later.

Do you believe that humans and chimps share a common ancestor?

Agnostic75 said:
In your opinion, what is some of the best evidence that God inspired the writing of the Koran?

FearGod said:
One clear mistake in the quran will be enough.......

What mistakes have you found with deism, and with all polytheist religions?

FearGod said:
.......for example the quran mentioned that he made life possible due to water so if we found out that life can exist without the need for water then we will realize that the quran was a big lie.

Millions of people knew that water was necessary for life long before Muhammad was born.

The Christian writer of an article at http://answering-islam.org/Quran/Contra/ says that there are many mistakes in the Quran.

Last edited:

IHaveTheGift

U know who U R
The only facts we need to apply to the Qur'an to show that it is not of God is the very fact that the qur'an discredits Jesus Christ.
Most likely so Islam can kill it's enemies with a clear conscious, because Jesus strongly taught and set many examples of to love thy enemy and offer him food if he is hungry.

But yet the qur'an is said to be a continuing of the Holy Bible.
So basically, it becomes a paradox of the Qur'an itself.
To follow the teachings of both books, becomes impossible.
Considering that Jesus Christ proved himself without a doubt to who he was and is, it then follows that the qur'an is a pack of lies.

AmbiguousGuy

The only facts we need to apply to the Qur'an to show that it is not of God is the very fact that the qur'an discredits Jesus Christ.

But yet the qur'an is said to be a continuing of the Holy Bible.
So basically, it becomes a paradox of the Qur'an itself.
To follow the teachings of both books, becomes impossible.
Considering that Jesus Christ proved himself without a doubt to who he was and is, it then follows that the qur'an is a pack of lies.

You understand, I hope, that you've just presented the perfect Jewish case against the New Testament and Jesus as being of God.

The only facts we need to apply to the New Testament to show that it is not of God is the very fact that the NT discredits (the Jewish) God.

loverOfTruth

Those claims are in the same book Muhammad said to use to judge the Quran. If is was good enough for him why not you?
No they are not. You have not yet provided scriptural evidences to any of your claims. Like, no evidence yet for where Jesus(pbuh) said if anyone who doesn't believe in him as the savior, then they are to be false prophet.

Moreover, Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) only told the people of book of that time until Islam was completed(with revelation) as a religion to follow their book. Doesn't apply anymore...don't twist it.

What does that have to do with Muhammad. I never even hinted he had a messiah complex. I said he was a false prophet..

What the heck are you talking about. Jesus gave many signs of a false prophet and claiming to be the messiah was just one of many types.
Read the verse again. It also says that false Prophets will perform wonders and miracles which really seems to fascinate you.

I have and they are all weak. Only one even qualifies as a prophecy to begin with. I am not doing it again but if you post one or two I will respond.
No you haven't. Refute the ones that you don't think fits as a prophecy. You are good at claiming without evidence and then brushing off scriptural evidence.

I imagine he was fairly smart but he also had an uncle with a mangled understanding of the bible he learned from. That is why so many of his biblical stories are mangled beyond recognition. There were also many heretical groups of Jews known to have migrated to Arabia in Muhammad's time which further explains where Muhammad's heretical biblical teachings come from.

In this regard, Dr. Jamal Badawi's statements are worth noting. He says: “It would be highly imaginary to say that through his occasional chats with Jews and Christians, while busy with his caravan, Muhammad, learned enough about either or both religions to formulate a new powerful and viable religion, a task that defies the collective efforts of scholars for centuries.” as is the case for Christianity and Judaism.

Furthermore, the above assertion raises a number of questions. Dr. Jamal Badawi puts forth the following six questions:

1. Why is it, that in spite of the abundance of historical material on the life of Prophet Muhammad, and in spite of the extensive research on his life for centuries by his critics, why was it not possible to discover the mysterious teacher who allegedly taught Muhammad, , all that he learned?
2. It is known that Muhammad, , was opposed, ridiculed and persecuted for nearly thirteen years by his own contemporaries. Was it not possible for his enemies to prove to the masses that Prophet Muhammad's, claim of revelation was sheer fabrication? Was it not possible for them to reveal and name whom they alleged to be the human sources of his teachings? Even some of his adversaries who made this assertion changed their minds later on, and accused him, instead, of magic or of being possessed by evil.
3. Prophet Muhammad, , was raised among his people and every aspect of his life was exposed to them, especially by the openness that characterizes tribal life in the desert. How could his contemporaries, including many of his close relatives who knew him so well, believe in his truthfulness if they had any doubt that he was claiming credit for ideas taught to him by some other teachers, without bothering to give them credit?
4. What kind of teacher might have taught Muhammad, , a coherent and complete religion that changed the face of history? Why did he or they (if any) not speak against the alleged student who continued learning from them, while ignoring them and claiming some other Divine source for his teachings?
5. How could many Jews and Christians amongst his contemporaries become Muslims and believe in his truthfulness, if they knew that he was copying from their scriptures or learning from their priests or rabbis?
6. It is known that some of the Quranic revelations came to Prophet Muhammad, , in the presence of people. The Quran was revealed during the span of 23 years. If the Prophet, , had a teacher, where was he? How could he, , have hidden the teacher for so long? On the other hand, how could Prophet Muhammad, , who was constantly surrounded by followers, be able to make frequent secret visits to that mysterious teacher or teachers for 23 years without being ‘caught’ even once?

The same messiah you mention claimed to forgive all men's sins, and that no one who does not believe he is all that he claimed to be (the unique son of God, co-occupant of God's throne, the same as the father, and eternal) will ever see God, and to have to die on the cross. Muhammad go along with any of those? I guess he is an-antichrist then.

If Jesus(pbuh) could forgive sin, then why did he have to ask the Father to forgive sin ?
"Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." Luke 23:34

Plus, Jesus(pbuh) didn't think any of those requirements above to achieve eternal life in Heaven :
25. On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. "Teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?"
26. "What is written in the Law?" he replied. "How do you read it?"
27. He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind' ; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' "
28. "You have answered correctly," Jesus replied. "Do this and you will live." Luke 10

Who's the anti-Christ now ?

IHaveTheGift

U know who U R
You understand, I hope, that you've just presented the perfect Jewish case against the New Testament and Jesus as being of God.

The only facts we need to apply to the New Testament to show that it is not of God is the very fact that the NT discredits (the Jewish) God.

Jesus is God.
All one has to do is read Revelations in regards to the 7 churches to know that false doctrine is a direct spin off of the start of Christianity and Jesus's walk on earth
False doctrine is the works of satan himself, the master of lies, predicted some 2000 years ago by John of Patmos from his vision given to him by The Holy Ghost.

Last edited:

loverOfTruth

Only Jews are from Jews. That prophet was said to do many miracles. Did Christ or Muhammad do more? Can Muhammad match these similarities?
(1) Both Moses and Jesus were born when Israel was under bondage (Moses in Egypt Ex.1:8,10, and Jesus during Israel's Roman bondage. Mt.2:1,Lk.2:1-2)

(32) Both re-appeared after they died, Moses ( Mt 17:3 with Jesus before his death) Jesus (Acts 1:3)

I gave 33 and you gave 4 and declared victory. Typical!!!!

Continued again, sorry.

I guess you don't understand the concept of Quality over Quantity. Anyway, look at your made up 32 (yes, you provided 32 even if you said 33). Moses re-appeared after he died ? Go tell that to any Jew. You can't expect anyone to believe that from NT about Moses(pbuh) right ? That's the substance less 32 you have provided. Anyway, I'll still give you 33.

Here are some real personal similarities between Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) and Prophet Moses(pbuh)...
1) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) had a father and a mother
2) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) were Married
3) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) had Children
4) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) were given Prophethood at the age of 40
5) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) were forced to migrate by their enemies
6) Both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) was initially rejected by his people (Arabs or Jews)
7) Then as a nation they accepted both of them as a Prophet
8) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) were Statesman
9) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) had ultimate power of government and to inflict capital punishment
10) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) brought New Legal Laws from God
11) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) were military leader
12) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) united various tribes under one cause
13) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) were victorious over enemies both physically and morally
14) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh), had Natural Birth
15) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) had natural cause of death
16) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) lies buried in the ground
17) Neither Muhammd(pbuh) or Moses(pbuh) were called Son of God by their people
18) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) were regarded by people as mortal messengers of God and not divine
19) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) fought wars
20) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) were considered as mighty prophet by their people
21) Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) both heavily emphasized monotheism (worship of One God alone)
22) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) were not resurrected again
23) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) were told by God to start numbering months.
24) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) forbade eating Pork
25) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) forbade usury
26) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) had multiple wives
27) Moses liberated Israelites from the yoke of Pharaoh, so did the Muhammad liberated Arabs from Jahilyya (ignorance)
28) Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) both had to take flight at the hand of their enemies, and found a companion in their own father-in-law.
29) Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) both were temporal as well as spiritual heads of their people
30) Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) both lived to see the complete success of their mission

Now according to your own scripture, these are most crucial differences between Jesus(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh)/Muhammad(pbuh) hence the similarities between the latter.
31) According to Christians, 'JESUS IS A GOD', but neither Jews nor Muslims consider Moses(pbuh) or Muhammad(pbuh) as God
32) According to Christians, 'JESUS DIED FOR THE SINS OF THE WORLD', but neither Jews nor Muslims consider Moses(pbuh) or Muhammad(pbuh) to have died for anyone's sins
33) According to Christians, 'JESUS WENT TO HELL FOR THREE DAYS' after his death, but neither Jews nor Muslims consider Moses(pbuh) or Muhammad(pbuh) to have ever gone anywhere near Hell.

So there you have it. And all the above is way more related to their life and religion than what you have listed and hence mostly irrelevant. Not to mention that Jesus(pbuh) still didn't meet the other points in the same prophecy - that is :
b) That he will come from the brothers of the Israelites, i.e. the Ishmaelites.

c) That God will put His words in to the mouth of this prophet (i.e the Qur'an) and that he will declare what God commands him as the Qur'an itself testifies to this fact:
"Nor does he speak from [his own] inclination.It is not but a revelation revealed"(Al-Qur'an 53:3-4)

And I give you one more...THE AWAITED PROPHET WAS TO COME FROM ARABIA

The Old Testament prophesises the coming of a Prophet from Arabia who would be from the descendants of Kedar. The verses of Isaiah 42 describe the coming of a Prophet who God refers to as ‘my Messenger’ (Isaiah 42:19). This Messenger would be from ‘the villages that Kedar inhabits’ (Isaiah 42:11), which means that the Messenger would emerge from Arabia since that’s where the villages of the descendants of Kedar lived according to Isaiah 21:13-17. This Messenger would give ‘judgment’, ‘light’ and ‘Law’ to the ‘Gentiles’ (Isaiah 42:1-4). Gentiles is a term referring to the non-Jews. This Messenger would be a ‘man of war’ who will first be persecuted and then will fight and defeat idol worshippers (Isaiah 42:13-17).

This description fits Muhammad (pbuh) exactly. Muhammad (pbuh) emerged from Arabia and was a direct descendant of Kedar, he was persecuted by and then fought and defeated the idol worshippers [3]. He bought about ‘judgment’ and ‘law’ to a lawless Arab people (Arabs would be classed as ‘Gentiles’) when he became the ruler of the Arabian Peninsula.

So, no, I have not seen an iota of evidence from you for you claims that Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) fails the Prophet test from Bible - on the contrary I have proven to you with scriptural evidence that he is the one mentioned as the Prophet to come.

Peace.

loverOfTruth

Jesus was speaking to the apostles who had not been born again and did not have the Holy Spirit. They received it a month after Christ left in the upper-room. It certainly was not Muhammad running around in there causing them to speak in tongues and from that point turning them from lambs into lions for the message not afraid to die of suffer imprisonment after that event. He was also speaking about the Holy Spirits coming to live as a possession in the heart of the saved man. The Holy Spirit had appeared before but he always acted and then left. This was part of the new covenant and if Christ did not depart it could not be enacted. That last part requires serious OT and NT knowledge that most Muslims do not have. But the first part is easy to understand and this additional part even easier. It also says the Holy spirit appeared TO THE APOSTLES in order to remind them of what they were recording. Was that Muhammad as well. This is an argument so bad it embarrasses me for you.
No, read again. Jesus(pbuh) said that if he doesn't leave this comforter will not come and this comforter will give new information regarding God and guidance. Since Holy spirit was there before, Jesus(pbuH) was certainly not talking about it. Neither did the Holy Spirit bring anything new to add to the religion. You can make it up all you want and connect to whatever stories you want, but that just doesn't hold any values when you read Jesus's(pbuh) statement.

I do not think Muslims who are never first on the scene of international tragedy and are actually the causes of many of those tragedies, flying planes into buildings, or chanting death to America is the streets by the thousands, claiming Israel does not have the right to exist, denying women's rights, making it illegal to get out if Islam, having the most oppressive media and police states on earth and so many more I am getting tired listing them are doing anything for God.

Once again, unable to provide any counter argument with any evidence you come up with some biased propaganda falsehood. Well done.

The divine part of Jesus was not human and the human part of Jesus was not divine so no worries there. Selah,

I see, now we have Quadranity : Father, Holy Ghost, Jesus the divine, Jesus the human. Did Jesus(pbuh) split into 2 when he decided to enter the human phase from divine phase ? or there were only 2 running the show in heaven at that time ? If that's the case, at least for some period of time, he didn't have any authority over anything - that again doesn't sound like an All Powerful, Omnipotent God.

Peace.

AmbiguousGuy

Jesus is God.

Unless he's not.

I personally don't believe that Jesus existed in the time and place as claimed for him, so it's pretty hard for me to think of him as God.

All one has to do is read Revelations in regards to the 7 churches to know that false doctrine is a direct spin off of the start of Christianity and Jesus's walk on earth

I don't take Revelation seriously as any sort of scripture. Whoever wrote it seemed to know much less about God than I do.

I am asking you,it didn't happen to me,but i am just making assumption.

If you are sure that the voice was real,then will you feel worry and have some fears.

This is a hypothetical question which can only truly be answered if one has this experience for themselves.
Even if one is sure the voices heard in their head is real, it doesn't make it so.
As we know from other peoples experience.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
I guess you don't understand the concept of Quality over Quantity. Anyway, look at your made up 32 (yes, you provided 32 even if you said 33). Moses re-appeared after he died ? Go tell that to any Jew. You can't expect anyone to believe that from NT about Moses(pbuh) right ? That's the substance less 32 you have provided. Anyway, I'll still give you 33.

Here are some real personal similarities between Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) and Prophet Moses(pbuh)...
1) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) had a father and a mother
2) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) were Married
3) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) had Children
4) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) were given Prophethood at the age of 40
5) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) were forced to migrate by their enemies
6) Both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) was initially rejected by his people (Arabs or Jews)
7) Then as a nation they accepted both of them as a Prophet
8) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) were Statesman
9) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) had ultimate power of government and to inflict capital punishment
10) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) brought New Legal Laws from God
11) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) were military leader
12) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) united various tribes under one cause
13) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) were victorious over enemies both physically and morally
14) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh), had Natural Birth
15) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) had natural cause of death
16) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) lies buried in the ground
17) Neither Muhammd(pbuh) or Moses(pbuh) were called Son of God by their people
18) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) were regarded by people as mortal messengers of God and not divine
19) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) fought wars
20) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) were considered as mighty prophet by their people
21) Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) both heavily emphasized monotheism (worship of One God alone)
22) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) were not resurrected again
23) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) were told by God to start numbering months.
24) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) forbade eating Pork
25) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) forbade usury
26) Unlike Jesus, both Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) had multiple wives
27) Moses liberated Israelites from the yoke of Pharaoh, so did the Muhammad liberated Arabs from Jahilyya (ignorance)
28) Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) both had to take flight at the hand of their enemies, and found a companion in their own father-in-law.
29) Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) both were temporal as well as spiritual heads of their people
30) Muhmmad(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh) both lived to see the complete success of their mission

Now according to your own scripture, these are most crucial differences between Jesus(pbuh) and Moses(pbuh)/Muhammad(pbuh) hence the similarities between the latter.
31) According to Christians, 'JESUS IS A GOD', but neither Jews nor Muslims consider Moses(pbuh) or Muhammad(pbuh) as God
32) According to Christians, 'JESUS DIED FOR THE SINS OF THE WORLD', but neither Jews nor Muslims consider Moses(pbuh) or Muhammad(pbuh) to have died for anyone's sins
33) According to Christians, 'JESUS WENT TO HELL FOR THREE DAYS' after his death, but neither Jews nor Muslims consider Moses(pbuh) or Muhammad(pbuh) to have ever gone anywhere near Hell.

So there you have it. And all the above is way more related to their life and religion than what you have listed and hence mostly irrelevant. Not to mention that Jesus(pbuh) still didn't meet the other points in the same prophecy - that is :
b) That he will come from the brothers of the Israelites, i.e. the Ishmaelites.

c) That God will put His words in to the mouth of this prophet (i.e the Qur'an) and that he will declare what God commands him as the Qur'an itself testifies to this fact:
"Nor does he speak from [his own] inclination.It is not but a revelation revealed"(Al-Qur'an 53:3-4)

And I give you one more...THE AWAITED PROPHET WAS TO COME FROM ARABIA

The Old Testament prophesises the coming of a Prophet from Arabia who would be from the descendants of Kedar. The verses of Isaiah 42 describe the coming of a Prophet who God refers to as ‘my Messenger’ (Isaiah 42:19). This Messenger would be from ‘the villages that Kedar inhabits’ (Isaiah 42:11), which means that the Messenger would emerge from Arabia since that’s where the villages of the descendants of Kedar lived according to Isaiah 21:13-17. This Messenger would give ‘judgment’, ‘light’ and ‘Law’ to the ‘Gentiles’ (Isaiah 42:1-4). Gentiles is a term referring to the non-Jews. This Messenger would be a ‘man of war’ who will first be persecuted and then will fight and defeat idol worshippers (Isaiah 42:13-17).

This description fits Muhammad (pbuh) exactly. Muhammad (pbuh) emerged from Arabia and was a direct descendant of Kedar, he was persecuted by and then fought and defeated the idol worshippers [3]. He bought about ‘judgment’ and ‘law’ to a lawless Arab people (Arabs would be classed as ‘Gentiles’) when he became the ruler of the Arabian Peninsula.

So, no, I have not seen an iota of evidence from you for you claims that Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) fails the Prophet test from Bible - on the contrary I have proven to you with scriptural evidence that he is the one mentioned as the Prophet to come.

Peace.
It is certainly bizarre to be accused or trivial equalities when I give you that they both survived the extermination of all their generation and you give me that both Muhammad and Moses had natural fathers (like that is not the most trivial equality imaginable). Since you can equal every profound equality between Christ and Moses with a trivial one between Moses and Muhammad I will have to consider that pointless.

Let's go back to the beginning.

The prophecy states: New International Version
I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites, and I will put my words in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him. I myself will call to account anyone who does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name.
Deuteronomy 18:18

For some reason your using brethren instead of Israelites to allow Muhammad a crack to crawl through. The actual word used in Hebrew is akh: It means

A.brother of same parents - This one rules out Jesus and Muhammad.

B.half-brother (same father) - This one rules out Jesus and Muhammad.

C.relative, kinship, same tribe - This one allows for Jesus but most certainly rules out Muhammad.

D.each to the other (reciprocal relationship) - This one either rules out everyone or includes everyone.

E.(fig.) of resemblance - This one includes everyone.

Which one is right. There are about 18 major Bible versions. Every single one of them translates the work Akh as either Israelites or as brethren from among YOU. From who. From among those that had inherited the promise land, descendants of those that left Egypt. Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, David, Solomon, and Jesus were of the same people and some cultural group and most importantly the same covenant. Ishmael and his mother were sent out from among them. They were not of the brotherhood who would produce the prophet like Moses. If having a common ancestor thousands of years removed from you and Moses is a brotherhood then we are all brothers because we all have a common ancestor. That is why every Major bible version includes emphatic insistence that he will from them "the group the prophecy was given to" or simply said Israelites specifically. When that prophecy was given it had been about 500 years after Ishmael and Isaac had seen each other. In what way are they the same people? That would make us all those people.

Now to nail the coffin shut.

Sahih International
And We gave to Him Isaac and Jacob and placed in his descendants prophet hood and scripture. And We gave him his reward in this world, and indeed, he is in the Hereafter among the righteous.

There is no mention of Ishmael but only of the line running from Abraham, through Isaac, and Jacob. That verse seems to exclude anyone thinking Ishmael was in the line of prophets intentionally but I imagine your commentators have cooked up some intellectual gymnastics to escape the inescapable.

Neither the Torah nor bible mentioned any unlettered prophet.

loverOfTruth

It is certainly bizarre to be accused or trivial equalities when I give you that they both survived the extermination of all their generation and you give me that both Muhammad and Moses had natural fathers (like that is not the most trivial equality imaginable). Since you can equal every profound equality between Christ and Moses with a trivial one between Moses and Muhammad I will have to consider that pointless.

Let's go back to the beginning.

The prophecy states: New International Version
I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites, and I will put my words in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him. I myself will call to account anyone who does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name.
Deuteronomy 18:18

For some reason your using brethren instead of Israelites to allow Muhammad a crack to crawl through. The actual word used in Hebrew is akh: It means

A.brother of same parents - This one rules out Jesus and Muhammad.

B.half-brother (same father) - This one rules out Jesus and Muhammad.

C.relative, kinship, same tribe - This one allows for Jesus but most certainly rules out Muhammad.

D.each to the other (reciprocal relationship) - This one either rules out everyone or includes everyone.

E.(fig.) of resemblance - This one includes everyone.

Which one is right. There are about 18 major Bible versions. Every single one of them translates the work Akh as either Israelites or as brethren from among YOU. From who. From among those that had inherited the promise land, descendants of those that left Egypt. Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, David, Solomon, and Jesus were of the same people and some cultural group and most importantly the same covenant. Ishmael and his mother were sent out from among them. They were not of the brotherhood who would produce the prophet like Moses. If having a common ancestor thousands of years removed from you and Moses is a brotherhood then we are all brothers because we all have a common ancestor. That is why every Major bible version includes emphatic insistence that he will from them "the group the prophecy was given to" or simply said Israelites specifically. When that prophecy was given it had been about 500 years after Ishmael and Isaac had seen each other. In what way are they the same people? That would make us all those people.

Actually, the word that is used in Aramaic is (akhyahoon) meaning 'their (fraternal) brethren". It is derived from (akhya) which means: "Fraternal brother" - not of the same race or lineage. You can see the details of that in this article which completely refutes your arguments above : http://home.comcast.net/~rzuberi/articles/Deuteronomy1818.pdf

Now to nail the coffin shut.

Sahih International
And We gave to Him Isaac and Jacob and placed in his descendants prophet hood and scripture. And We gave him his reward in this world, and indeed, he is in the Hereafter among the righteous.

There is no mention of Ishmael but only of the line running from Abraham, through Isaac, and Jacob. That verse seems to exclude anyone thinking Ishmael was in the line of prophets intentionally but I imagine your commentators have cooked up some intellectual gymnastics to escape the inescapable.

Seriously ? You are trying to show a verse from the Qur'an to say that no prophet hood from Ishmael - while the Qur'an itself came to Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) ... descendant of Ishmael(pbuh) ? What an irony ...

Nail the coffin ? It didn't even create a peeking hole in there...rather it just made you look like a typical 'cherry picker' and propagator of falsehood that you are. Just quoting one verse that shows Isaac is a prophet which we already believe, proves what ? Here's the nail in the coffin for you ....

"And mention in the Book, Ishmael. Indeed, he was true to his promise, and he was a messenger and a prophet." Al Qur'an 19:54

"Indeed, We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], as We revealed to Noah and the prophets after him. And we revealed to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, the Descendants, Jesus, Job, Jonah, Aaron, and Solomon, and to David We gave the book [of Psalms]." Al Qur'an 4:163

"And We gave to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob - all [of them] We guided. And Noah, We guided before; and among his descendants, David and Solomon and Job and Joseph and Moses and Aaron. Thus do We reward the doers of good. And Zechariah and John and Jesus and Elias - and all were of the righteous. And Ishmael and Elisha and Jonah and Lot - and all [of them] We preferred over the worlds." Al Qur'an 6:84-86

and here's the one that you should love ...

"Or do you say that Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the Descendants were Jews or Christians? Say, "Are you more knowing or is Allah ?" And who is more unjust than one who conceals a testimony he has from Allah ? And Allah is not unaware of what you do." Al Qur'an 2:140

How pathetically you failed ...

Neither the Torah nor bible mentioned any unlettered prophet.

In the Book of Isaish. Chapter 29, verse 12, we read: "AND THE BOOK" (al-Kitaab,al-Quran the 'Readin g', the 'Recitation') "IS DELIVERED TO HIM THAT IS NOT LEARNED," (Isaiah 29:12) "THE UNLETTERED PROPHET " (Holy Qur'an 7:158) and the biblical verse continues : "SAYING, READ THIS, I PRAY THEE:" (the words "I pray thee", are not in the Hebrew manuscripts; compare with the Roman Cathol ics' "Douay Version and also with the "Revised Standard Versions") "AND HE SAITH, I AM NOT LEARNED." ("I am not learned." is the exact translation of the Arabic words which Muhummed uttered twice to the Holy Ghose - the Archangel Gabriel, when he was commanded : "READ!").

Let me quote the verse in full without a break as found in the "King James Version," or the "Authorised version" as it is more popularly know "AND THE BOOK IS DELIVERED TO HIM THAT IS NOT LEARNED, SAYING, READ THIS I PRAY THEE: AND HE SAITH, I AM NOT LEARNED." (Isaiah 29:12).

And yeah, you are yet to show me the verse from the Bible stating that the false Prophet would deny Jesus the Christ as a Savior.

So, no, I have not seen an iota of evidence from you for you claims that Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) fails the True Prophet test(or meets the false Prophet test) from Bible - on the contrary I have proven to you with scriptural evidence that he is the one mentioned as the Prophet to come. I don't see any point to continue refuting your false baseless claims(without any evidence) anymore.

Peace.

Harold

Anyone who has just a modest amount of common sense knows that humans are generally not as happy when they live alone, and when they never have sex.

Sex is like a drug. The more you get the more you want. It controls your mind. I saw a report once that said men think about sex 8,000 times per day. That seems rather controlling to me.

I have seen people who mediate and abstain from sex and they appear both happy and healthy. These people appear to be both happier and healthier then couples I know that are married.

AmbiguousGuy

Sex is like a drug. The more you get the more you want. It controls your mind. I saw a report once that said men think about sex 8,000 times per day. That seems rather controlling to me.

Sounds a lot like God. Some people think about God thousands of times per day, which seems awfully controlling.

Harold

Sounds a lot like God. Some people think about God thousands of times per day, which seems awfully controlling.

:D There are benefits in thinking about God. While sex is nothing more then your inability to control your own animal instincts.

God is in looking forward, trying to figure out whats next. Asking the question what if.

Someone whose thinking about and trying to understand God is attempting to look at a problem with rational thought.

Sex is not rational. Men are controlled by their sexual desires. They will leave their wife, family, kids, friends, job, and commit a crime for 30 seconds of pleasure that they are unable to recall in any sort of detail once the act is over.

AmbiguousGuy

:D There are benefits in thinking about God. While sex is nothing more then your inability to control your own animal instincts.

God is in looking forward, trying to figure out whats next. Asking the question what if.

Someone whose thinking about and trying to understand God is attempting to look at a problem with rational thought.

Sex is not rational. Men are controlled by their sexual desires. They will leave their wife, family, kids, friends, job, and commit a crime for 30 seconds of pleasure that they are unable to recall in any sort of detail once the act is over.

Wow. What a negative view of sex. Have you never heard the angels sing during sex?