• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Muhammad a good man?

What is your opinion on Muhammad?

• He was a great man and those who insult him must be punished!

Votes: 60 27.9%
  • He was a great man, but people are free to insult him

Votes: 47 21.9%
  • He was not a good man, but we should respect him because I believe in respecting other religions

Votes: 23 10.7%
  • He was a terrible man and we should condemn his awful actions!

Votes: 85 39.5%

• Total voters

1robin

Christian/Baptist
I'd say Muhammed was good at land deals:

Sahih Bukhari 4:53:392 While we were in the mosque, the Prophet came out and said, "Let us go to the Jews." We went out till we reached Bait-ul-Midras. He said to them, "If you embrace Islam, you will be safe. You should know that the earth belongs to Allah and His Apostle, and I want to expel you from this land. So, if anyone amongst you owns some property, he is permitted to sell it. Otherwise, you should know that the Earth belongs to Allah and His Apostle."
That and incentivized sales pitches.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
The required Fanaticism and Fundamentalism
Fanaticism can be good or bad and is relative. Fundamentalism is the same. 2 + 2 = 4 is a fundamental principle of additive arithmetic. So the issue is whether a fundamentalist or radical is that way about truth or about that which is not true. There are other issues but I wanted to point out those terms are not necessarily bad in themselves.

YandereBunny303

Muhammad encouraged respect, equality, and mercy. Aisha was not 9 when she married Muhammad. If you do the math, calculating her birthday and the age requirement for wars she fought in, she was 17-18 when she married Muhammad. The only person who ever said that was an old Hadith guy, and you choose to believe him?