• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Muhammad a good man?

What is your opinion on Muhammad?

• He was a great man and those who insult him must be punished!

Votes: 60 27.9%
  • He was a great man, but people are free to insult him

Votes: 47 21.9%
  • He was not a good man, but we should respect him because I believe in respecting other religions

Votes: 23 10.7%
  • He was a terrible man and we should condemn his awful actions!

Votes: 85 39.5%

• Total voters

kashmir

The quran was written by a false prophet, so of course it will contradict Jesus.
History itself completely proves the quran is wrong.
Jesus did in fact die on the cross and skeptics outside the bible confirm his death to have happened.

Mohammad came along a thousand of years later and pretty much called history itself to be of lies.
Just like now, people try to claim the Holocaust was made up, and some do make that claim by twisting what history tells us.

When we take the whole picture, everything that history tells us and what is going on today and add it all up, the quran crumbles on its own weight.

Mohammad was a false prophet, simply because he claims everything in history to be lies.
Historians know for a fact that Jesus did in fact die on the cross.
The evidence is over whelming and the word of mohammed does not hold water to that.
Plain and simple.
Might as well, claim that 9/11 never happened, and it would hold the same weight to truth as what mohammed said, none what so ever.

gnostic

The Lost One
farah said:
Original sin and the infallibility of Prophets - Hajj Hassanain Rajabali - YouTube

I have the tendency to avoid YouTube videos, because any idiots can make them. And they are hardly credible or reliable sources of information.

Farah

Iblis said: Then by Thy Might I will surely make them live an evil life, all, EXCEPT THY SERVANTS FROM AMONG THEM, THE PURIFIED ONES.

mahasn ebn sawresho

to farah
The infallibility of the Prophets ---
We Christians do not recognize of infallibility of the Prophets
The reason -----
All human beings are subject to the following law ----
A man doing sex -- with woman --
And Mohammed of these ---
That is why there is not a full human being ---
Even the prophets --- they doing the - mistakes in their lives---
No man is full -
Because he came from a sexual act --For this reason, the actions of our knowledge of their rights and say he was a good man or a is not a good --man-
Through fourteen point is the actions of Muhammad's say it is not a good man ---

Please be dialogue in these behaviors-

Scimitar

Eschatologist
Farah, learn to use the edit button... multi quoting your posts in a pain the left buttock.

There is something called amr mawlawi and something called amr irshadi - in other words, God's orders can be either like those of prayer and fasting, meant to be followed (and not doing so will result in what is called a sin) or they can be like those of a doctor's recommendations, meant for your own good only. Prophet Adam disobeyed in the manner of the latter, in other words by way of an error in judgment or a misguided choice, but did not directly disobey any of God's orders in such a way that he sinned.

Forgetting isn't a sin. It's a natural part of being human.

See this is where you try to split hairs that don't split.

Your shia school claims infallibility - that would include "forgetfulness" so you can wax all you like, the bottom line is you are well green around the ears if you think you can hold your own simply from a shia POV here.

I've studied Shia school, and though I respect it, I find many things wrong with it - and this is neither the time nor the place to discuss that.

What i will discuss here with you is the "infallibility" issue.

As I have already demonstrated for you Farah, "infallibility" means not doing a sin, even in forgetfulness - humans are not created like the creation of the malaa'ika (angels). The angels are infallible, not human beings.

Also, I demonstrated to you in my previous post that no man is infallible, but you tried to weaken the understanding of the word "infallible" by interpolating "two types of sin"... lol? really sister, you need to use some logic here.

The very word "infallible" means - not able to make sin, make mistake, even in forgetfulness - a perfected human who stands to angelic standards...

...All the prophets simply claimed the same thing "I am just a man".

Now, let's in sha Allah, move on, shall we?

Saying astaghfar without making a sin shows akhlaq and manner because it makes you humble in front of your creator !

And you can look into the hearts of men to see if whether they are just doing dhikr for hasanaat? or if they genuinely mean their repentance?

Do you see how silly your argument is? and how it collapses under scrutiny?

If not, then I am wasting time with trying to better your understanding of matters which you yourself seem very unsure of.

I'm only trying to help.

The quran says :
"Allah only desires to keep away the uncleanness from you, Ahlul'bayt, and to purify you a complete and thorough purifying." (33:33).

Meaning what exactly? what purpose did you have in mind when posting this one ayat with no explanation... care to elaborate?

Tell you what sister, I will give you my elaboration on it - the ayat mentions that Allah desires to purify the following - All Muslims, The House of the Prophet pbuh, and to do this thoroughly... how does that help you to make a case?

Do you not see how you have misused an ayat of the Quran with no understanding as to its applicative context?

See, I'm guessing that you utilised this ayat in this thread to help part way make a point that "purification" leads to "infallibility" - - - *raises eyebrows

Do you know the nature of humans as described in the Qisas al Anbiyaa by Shaikh ul Islam Ibn Kathir?

or will you quite selectively not even take a look because Sunni scholars are anathema to Shiites? - please tell me you are not like those rafidi's.

And finally:

if a prophet is not a masoom that would mean that a sin is expected from him....and if he committes a sin, this will lead to a situation where it will be wajib on the umma to object that sin, and this objection will lead to the decrease of tazeem of the opostle(the prophet)...who is the representative of Allah himself on earth...decrease in the tazeem of the opostle will raise a question on the mashiaat or u can say the qudarat of Allah, which is impossible....and adding to this ...the imam will also lose the right of objection of the same very sin that he committed himself...so in order to remain the opostle of Allah and a leader of umma on Allah's behave, to object every possible sin, it becomes a must that he himself has to be a masoom...and more to add.... Allah himself would want his representative to b like that....and adding more Allah should want his representative which he has choosen for his own rpresentation to be masoom....and at this stage of debate it turns that the one representating Allah should be a masoon which leads to that prophets are masoom and it then becomes that masoom is the only one who can become a prophet and prophets are the only one who are masoom

You're applying loose logic to something that cannot be determined by conjecture sister Farah.

Entertaining your ramblings will be counter intuitive for your benefit. I feel you are about to unleash an ego on this forum because I may have pinched a little too much.

Sister Farah, no man is infallible - did the prophet pbuh not say "Even I, do not know what is to become of me when Allah judges" ?????

Tell me sister Farah - how can you say such a thing after that?

let me put it to you like this, despite the examples i gave you in my previous posts - that no man is infallible, and despite the information i gave you as to the correct understanding of the word "infallible" - you still insist that 12 men whose identities are like oO are infallible?

You haven't done a good job of convicing anyone here, in fact, I feel that peeps here are now more sure that infallibility issue within Shia sect is something that is quite laughable to be honest.

Next time, bring one of your shia scholars here to debate. I refuse to entertain badly thought out logic and loosely understood ayaat in threads, with a fellow Muslim. I expect that from non Muslims.

Scimitar

Last edited:

Scimitar

Eschatologist
to farah
The infallibility of the Prophets ---
We Christians do not recognize of infallibility of the Prophets

But you do - Jesus was above humanity to you, he was a god to you... so you're wrong
The reason -----
All human beings are subject to the following law ----
A man doing sex -- with woman --
And Mohammed of these ---

So by that standard you hold Jesus to be superior? Because he was created without any male human intervention?

Well, in that case, swallow hard kid... Coz ADAM was created without a mother or father, and judging by your standard of logic, and train of thought - that would make Adam a super God above Jesus now wouldnt it? Holy crap - trinity just got more complicated :D

That is why there is not a full human being ---

Say what? :thud:

Even the prophets --- they doing the - mistakes in their lives---
No man is full -
Because he came from a sexual act --For this reason, the actions of our knowledge of their rights and say he was a good man or a is not a good --man-
Through fourteen point is the actions of Muhammad's say it is not a good man ---

Please be dialogue in these behaviors-

Your logic is so weak, its broken kid. :)

Breathe before you think, get some air up there yes?

Scimitar

Eschatologist
History itself completely proves the quran is wrong.

Oh so you're an expert in history? GREAT!!!

Mohammad came along a thousand of years later and pretty much called history itself to be of lies.

Wait... :D anyone see what I am seeing here? :D

Look dude, there's stupid then there's ridiculous.

Muhammad pbuh didn't come thousands of years after Jesus pbuh :thud::thud::thud: you claim you know history - you should have known that... its religious history basics :D

FYI: Muhammad pbuh came 600 odd years only after Jesus pbuh. Not thousands of years.

Now tell me Kashmir ole fellow, how is one to take you seriously when you make claims which contradict themselves?

Your point wasa focusing on history being innacurate within the Quran - yet your own understanding of "time" itself, is in need of much consideration.

Take care bud, try and get some sleep.

mahasn ebn sawresho

to farah ---
this is the Verse 33-33--
<And abide in your houses and do not display yourselves as [was] the display of the former times of ignorance. And establish prayer and give zakah and obey Allah and His Messenger. Allah intends only to remove from you the impurity [of sin], O people of the [Prophet's] household, and to purify you with [extensive] purification.>
my questions ---
do you understanding this quran text ---
you write part from this Verse
This verse, in which the orders to the women ---
The first is that sit in their homes ---
And do not leave their houses ----
The second that they do not use ornamental That women in Islam,does not put toiletries, and also wearing the hijab and niqab

Scimitar

Eschatologist
to farah ---
this is the Verse 33-33--
<And abide in your houses and do not display yourselves as [was] the display of the former times of ignorance. And establish prayer and give zakah and obey Allah and His Messenger. Allah intends only to remove from you the impurity [of sin], O people of the [Prophet's] household, and to purify you with [extensive] purification.>
my questions ---
do you understanding this quran text ---
you write part from this Verse
This verse, in which the orders to the women ---
The first is that sit in their homes ---
And do not leave their houses ----
The second that they do not use ornamental That women in Islam,does not put toiletries, and also wearing the hijab and niqab

Your understanding is wrong - read the tafsir of the ayaat in context to understand it. English translations are very weak. For example - only one word for love in English - over 60 in Arabic - dependant on the type of love being described. For example, the love a son has for his mother, is different to the love a man has for his horse, or the love a woman feels for her make up kit. Ya understand?

The Arabic language is rich, and full of amazingly descriptive ideas which pale miserably when translated into English. This is why it is necessary to read the Quran with exegetes if you are a non Arabic speaking person.

However, you did make a good point here, you quoted the Quran and that was enough to make farah think twice about "infallibility".

Scimitar

Last edited:

kashmir

@Scimitar
considering the way you are replying to people, seems like you need a break from here and need some sleep.
I exaggerated the date, whippy doo, want a medal for noticing the obvious?

As for what history tells us, take that up with historians themselves, considering you know more than they do, why are you in a public forum and not teaching at Harvard?

Plus since thousands of historians are mistaken and you know more than them about Jesus and him dying on the cross, you have a Noble Peace Prize waiting for you. :yes:

mahasn ebn sawresho

to scimitar --
i am speak arbic and read and write ----
my understanding is not wrong---Koran explains the first through the literal text ----
And can not move to the interpretation or exegesis through diligence, but if we can not know the meaning of this text ---
For example ---
Letters at the beginning of each Sura thousand and L and M ----
This explains through exegesis

Scimitar

Eschatologist
You speak Arabic yet you write Quran with a K? Sure bud... I believe you (not)

As for the Alif Laam Meem letters, the Haa Meem, etc - these are for Allah to know, if you have actually read the Quran )and I don't believe you have) then you would have surely come across this ayaat:

"It is God Who has sent down to you the Book. In it are verses that are 'clear', they are the foundation of the Book. Others are 'allegorical' but those in whose hearts is perversity follow the part thereof that is allegorical, seeking discord, and searching for its hidden meanings, but no one knows its hidden meanings except God. And those who are firmly grounded in knowledge say: We believe in the Book, the whole of it is from our Lord. And none will grasp the Message except men of understanding." Al Imran ayat 7

And so, I don't believe you have even read the Quran. Spelt with a Q. Not a K.

Last edited:

mahasn ebn sawresho

The period of time between Muhammad and Christ 565 years ago ---
This is not a big problem ----
But the problem is that the Koran in which many historical mistakes ----
For example -----
Does not know the difference between Jacob and Israel ----
Note that the difference between them is written by Muhammad in the Bible ----
In the Koran does not know the difference between Mary, the sister of Aaron and Mary, Mother of Christ Joachim girl ----
There are many other mistakes

Scimitar

Eschatologist
For example -----
In the Koran does not know the difference between Mary, the sister of Aaron and Mary, Mother of Christ Joachim girl ----

You are a faker - so easy to spot. You don't know much beyond youtube, be honest, you don't even know Arabic - and if you do, its probably Syrian or Egyptian "Amiyyah" Arbi, and not the Fus'ha.

As for your claim that the Quran doesnt know the differences between prophetic figures - thats one stupid claim you've made which even the most ardent opposer of islam hasn't dared to make - why? because its a stupid claim...

...well done for putting your reputation into the dirt :D

Oh, and Mahsan - please stop lying.... I can spot a liar on forums by asking a few testing questions which if answered dishonestly, will conflict with your posts, and they have.

Young man, don't put yourself into a world of intellectual hurt. Go read about Islam from the correct sources. Time well spent.

Last edited:

kashmir

For example -----

Exactly. :clap

Scimitar

Eschatologist
Oh look, its the pat on the back brigade.... he is wrong Kashmir ole fellow.

Jacob and Israel :D lets take that one down first:

Jacob (yakub) was given the name Israel - hence when Jesus refers to Israel in the bibles - as in "HEAR O ISRAEL THE LORD, GOD, IS ONE" - he is not talking to a piece of prime real estate - no..... but to the descendants of Jacob - the sons of Israel.

Surely you knew that? Or are the both of you really so stupid?

Secondly:

Mariam the sister of Haroon and Mariam the mother of Jesus pbuh are clearly cut apart as two women. One is named "the most pure woman" she was mary mother of Jesus pbuh.

Son shame on you for your weak and silly attempt - both of you should feel shame at your lack of logic and information....

and you mahasn, should feel really bad for lying out of the skin of your teeth. You don'#t speak Arbi. Liar.

mahasn ebn sawresho

This verse was revealed to Muhammad's wives and also Muslim women ---
-And stay in your houses meaning not graduated from homes &#1608;&#1602;&#1585;&#1606; &#1601;&#1610; &#1576;&#1610;&#1608;&#1578;&#1603;&#1606;
&#1608; &#1604;&#1575; &#1578;&#1576;&#1585;&#1580;&#1606; &#1578;&#1576;&#1585;&#1580; &#1575;&#1604;&#1580;&#1575;&#1607;&#1604;&#1610;&#1577; &#1575;&#1604;&#1575;&#1608;&#1604;&#1609; --- meaning
And do not display yourselves like the first of ignorance -
It's the first and the second thing -----
The reason for getting out and it is revealed to Muhammad women ----
And also because the mothers of the believers of Muslim role model for Muslim women

Scimitar

Eschatologist
meaning - don't parade your wives out like an ornament to be amused with, or with revealing clothing which other men will desire their bodies for - - - - - - - - -READ THE TAFSIR BOY.

hey look, if you're ok with your mother walking down Egypt Central in a bikini, that fine by me.... but my mother has self respect, and wants to please GOD Almighty and so she stays covered, unlike the women who would incite the lusts of mere horny men, as in the exampled case of your mother which I have given.

:)

You know whats funny to me? That you don't know what "ignorance" means :D