• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Muhammad a good man?

What is your opinion on Muhammad?

• He was a great man and those who insult him must be punished!

Votes: 60 27.9%
  • He was a great man, but people are free to insult him

Votes: 47 21.9%
  • He was not a good man, but we should respect him because I believe in respecting other religions

Votes: 23 10.7%
  • He was a terrible man and we should condemn his awful actions!

Votes: 85 39.5%

• Total voters

mahasn ebn sawresho

to scimitar
You sent me insults -
Because you are not able to respond positively to what I have to say ---
I want to ask you one question only ----
Are you able to answer
This question is for Muslims also You and our Muslims believe that the Koran the word of God where everything ---
News stories of the prophets and the prophets -----
The story of Israel found in the Koran ------
Explain to me the reason for the name change of the texts of the Koran only -----

Write verses that believes this change

I do not want to explain to me through the dependence on the Jewish Torah ----
Because you say that the Bible is corrupted ----
I challenge any Muslim could explain this change ---
Through the Koran alone ----The source of the Koran and the Torah here is not God ----
This is my question to you ---
Explain the reason for changing the name of Jacob to Israel only -
Without reference or rely on any external source
i am Wait for you to answer quiet ---
It is only the Koran texts --
Muslim that due to the Torah ---

I want you to explain to me why change the name of Jacob and his name became Israel ----

mahasn ebn sawresho

If the Koran is not independent and is based on previous books ---
It is necessary to be answered from within the text and Koranic verses -
But the truth is difficult to Muslims ---
Mohammed sources lie in the Koran says that Gabriel is from the Koran came from the sky
Indeed difficult for a Muslim -
The Koran is the transfer of texts and twist its meaning and the addition of text, such as the worship of pagan pilgrimage and other -
This hard truth ---
That is why I say that Mohammed is a good human being as well as his behavior in his life-

mahasn ebn sawresho

sorry i am write in post 2102
<That is why I say that Mohammed is a good human being as well as his behavior in his life->
but i am meaning --
that is why i am say that mohammed is not good man as well as his behavior in his life

Scimitar

Eschatologist
your language is very confusing. I know English is not your first language but bro Mahasn, your post is contradicting itself.

What exactly are you trying to say?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
to scimitar
You sent me insults -
Because you are not able to respond positively to what I have to say ---
I want to ask you one question only ----
Are you able to answer
This question is for Muslims also You and our Muslims believe that the Koran the word of God where everything ---
News stories of the prophets and the prophets -----
The story of Israel found in the Koran ------
Explain to me the reason for the name change of the texts of the Koran only -----

Write verses that believes this change

I do not want to explain to me through the dependence on the Jewish Torah ----
Because you say that the Bible is corrupted ----
I challenge any Muslim could explain this change ---
Through the Koran alone ----The source of the Koran and the Torah here is not God ----
This is my question to you ---
Explain the reason for changing the name of Jacob to Israel only -
Without reference or rely on any external source
i am Wait for you to answer quiet ---
It is only the Koran texts --
Muslim that due to the Torah ---

I want you to explain to me why change the name of Jacob and his name became Israel ----

What happened in the past thousands of years ago can't be confirmed and hence we can't do any judgement about it,but what we know today is that children of Israel do exist and that God promised that in the end of times they'll have the power over our world and they will be brought to Palestine from all over the world,but asking who was Israel,who was Jacob ...etc has no benefit for us,it is enough for us to realize the veracity of the quran by what is happening today.

Farah

Simitra! Islam means peace! To be a Moslem means to have manners and akhlaq, it means trying to act as close as possible like the prophet ! The prophet of Islam visited even the Jew who was spitting on him, when he was il ! The way you debate with anyone is far far away from akhlaq, from manners! Well, maybe you couldn't hear your mother behind the niqab when she tried to teach you manners! Calm down man and debate like an adult!

Scimitar

Eschatologist
:) talk like you mean it sister... you see, i cannot hear your mind when you write - so I imagine that you are being patronising and condescending.... same way you think I have no akhlaq :D

Ok sister.... rip into my heart and look inside it - what do you see? nothing but a heart - you don't know what I have inside it. Nor the methods I employ.

I am more like Umr RA and can never be compared the the best of men, the noble Prophet Muhammad pbuh.

Now, for this:

Farah, learn to use the edit button... multi quoting your posts in a pain the left buttock.

There is something called amr mawlawi and something called amr irshadi - in other words, God's orders can be either like those of prayer and fasting, meant to be followed (and not doing so will result in what is called a sin) or they can be like those of a doctor's recommendations, meant for your own good only. Prophet Adam disobeyed in the manner of the latter, in other words by way of an error in judgment or a misguided choice, but did not directly disobey any of God's orders in such a way that he sinned.

Forgetting isn't a sin. It's a natural part of being human.

See this is where you try to split hairs that don't split.

Your shia school claims infallibility - that would include "forgetfulness" so you can wax all you like, the bottom line is you are well green around the ears if you think you can hold your own simply from a shia POV here.

I've studied Shia school, and though I respect it, I find many things wrong with it - and this is neither the time nor the place to discuss that.

What i will discuss here with you is the "infallibility" issue.

As I have already demonstrated for you Farah, "infallibility" means not doing a sin, even in forgetfulness - humans are not created like the creation of the malaa'ika (angels). The angels are infallible, not human beings.

Also, I demonstrated to you in my previous post that no man is infallible, but you tried to weaken the understanding of the word "infallible" by interpolating "two types of sin"... lol? really sister, you need to use some logic here.

The very word "infallible" means - not able to make sin, make mistake, even in forgetfulness - a perfected human who stands to angelic standards...

...All the prophets simply claimed the same thing "I am just a man".

Now, let's in sha Allah, move on, shall we?

Saying astaghfar without making a sin shows akhlaq and manner because it makes you humble in front of your creator !

And you can look into the hearts of men to see if whether they are just doing dhikr for hasanaat? or if they genuinely mean their repentance?

Do you see how silly your argument is? and how it collapses under scrutiny?

If not, then I am wasting time with trying to better your understanding of matters which you yourself seem very unsure of.

I'm only trying to help.

The quran says :
"Allah only desires to keep away the uncleanness from you, Ahlul'bayt, and to purify you a complete and thorough purifying." (33:33).

Meaning what exactly? what purpose did you have in mind when posting this one ayat with no explanation... care to elaborate?

Tell you what sister, I will give you my elaboration on it - the ayat mentions that Allah desires to purify the following - All Muslims, The House of the Prophet pbuh, and to do this thoroughly... how does that help you to make a case?

Do you not see how you have misused an ayat of the Quran with no understanding as to its applicative context?

See, I'm guessing that you utilised this ayat in this thread to help part way make a point that "purification" leads to "infallibility" - - - *raises eyebrows

Do you know the nature of humans as described in the Qisas al Anbiyaa by Shaikh ul Islam Ibn Kathir?

or will you quite selectively not even take a look because Sunni scholars are anathema to Shiites? - please tell me you are not like those rafidi's.

And finally:

if a prophet is not a masoom that would mean that a sin is expected from him....and if he committes a sin, this will lead to a situation where it will be wajib on the umma to object that sin, and this objection will lead to the decrease of tazeem of the opostle(the prophet)...who is the representative of Allah himself on earth...decrease in the tazeem of the opostle will raise a question on the mashiaat or u can say the qudarat of Allah, which is impossible....and adding to this ...the imam will also lose the right of objection of the same very sin that he committed himself...so in order to remain the opostle of Allah and a leader of umma on Allah's behave, to object every possible sin, it becomes a must that he himself has to be a masoom...and more to add.... Allah himself would want his representative to b like that....and adding more Allah should want his representative which he has choosen for his own rpresentation to be masoom....and at this stage of debate it turns that the one representating Allah should be a masoon which leads to that prophets are masoom and it then becomes that masoom is the only one who can become a prophet and prophets are the only one who are masoom

You're applying loose logic to something that cannot be determined by conjecture sister Farah.

Entertaining your ramblings will be counter intuitive for your benefit. I feel you are about to unleash an ego on this forum because I may have pinched a little too much.

Sister Farah, no man is infallible - did the prophet pbuh not say "Even I, do not know what is to become of me when Allah judges" ?????

Tell me sister Farah - how can you say such a thing after that?

let me put it to you like this, despite the examples i gave you in my previous posts - that no man is infallible, and despite the information i gave you as to the correct understanding of the word "infallible" - you still insist that 12 men whose identities are like oO are infallible?

You haven't done a good job of convicing anyone here, in fact, I feel that peeps here are now more sure that infallibility issue within Shia sect is something that is quite laughable to be honest.

Next time, bring one of your shia scholars here to debate. I refuse to entertain badly thought out logic and loosely understood ayaat in threads, with a fellow Muslim. I expect that from non Muslims.

That was in a post two pages back, no doubt you read it but didn't want to respond to it - why? Afraid of being wrong sister Farah?

Farah

Mahsan! Quran's Ayat were never revealed in one go in each Surah. They were always revealed in bits and pieces and Prophet used to combine them. So here it's important to note what was the occassion when Ayat-e Tatheer was revealed, instead of taking it from the perspective what is the previous verse where God is addressing to the Wives. It's also important to note that all the mufasareen have agreed upon that the Aayat starting from " Inama Youride ... " is an independednt Ayat, infact an independent "Juz" of the whole Ayat of 33:33 and was revealed as an individual and independent Ayat. So it is imperative to determine at which occassion this Ayat was revealed.

The word Ahl Al Bayt used in this Ayat is of great significance because it means "THE HOUSEHOLD" that is, God is stressing upon a particular house rather than different houses. The word, Bayt is used three times starting from 33:28 to 33:34 in which God is referring to the houses of the wives of Prophet as "Baytoon" (plural). This means, the wives had different houses and since God is referring to them as the houses(Baytoon) of the wives of the Prophet it means they all used to live in their own houses with their ownership of their houses. But when God refers to Ahl Al Bayt, then He's stressing on one particular house, as "The Household".

Scimitar

Eschatologist
to scimitar
You sent me insults

Oh the part about your mother in a bikini in Egypt Central being the object of sexual admiration by male onlookers was an example i gave you to make you think... you felt offended - and thats a good thing because, this is exactly what the ayaat you quoted protects against.

Do you not see how your logic turns back on itself? You've not got any firm understanding on scriptural contexts, and when I try to help you through the use of examples and allegory, you just don't get it... seriously bro, try to open your mind beyond its narrow and tunneled vision.

Farah

1. The word, Ahl Al Bayt appeared only twice in Quran, Surah Hud and Surah Ahzab. In both places God used the word Ahl Al Bayt to stress upon a particular house than various houses or wives . In Surah Hud, the issue is related to the news of a new born arriving in BB Sahara and Prophet Ibrahim's(pbuh) house. Since there's no third person in their house hence you can't just say that Ahl Al Bayt only means wive of Prophet Ibrahim but again the emphasis is that a new born will come in their house. (Please remember at this time, BB Hajra had already left along with Hazrat Ismail(a.s.))

At this stage an example would be the issue of "Emphasis and particularity", like, when someone is debating an issue of Islam, and if one of them says that please give me an example only from THE BOOK, so that doesn't mean you will include all the books, but you will only look into one book Quran, so similarly when God's talking about THE HOUSEHOLD Ahl Al Bayt, then it is only one Particular House which he's referring to other than all the houses of the wives of the Prophet , whom God Himself referred as the houses of the wives of the Prophet Baytoon separately and in feminine tone.

Scimitar

Eschatologist
No problem sister.

If you want to add something to your post, and dont want to make a new post to do it - you can click the "edit" button next to the bottom right of your post, and you can add more writing to your post, that way :)

it keeps things neat and tidy on the forum threads, I hope this was helpful sister, if you need more help just ask in sha Allah.

Scimitar

mahasn ebn sawresho

Why not give an answer to my questions ----
you can not be able to answer of Muhammad's behavior ----
and Substituted Israel not be able to answer ---
just you able to send curses ---

Scimitar

Eschatologist
Dude, I answered your question and so did sister farah...

.... but you, ignore them? Are you a little weak in memory? or just selectively ignorant?

mahasn ebn sawresho

to feargod
<What happened in the past thousands of years ago can't be confirmed and hence we can't do any judgement about it,but what we know today is that children of Israel do exist and that God promised that in the end of times they'll have the power over our world and they will be brought to Palestine from all over the world,but asking who was Israel,who was Jacob ...etc has no benefit for us,it is enough for us to realize the veracity of the quran by what is happening today.>What happened in the past thousands of years ago can't be confirmed and hence we can't do any judgement about it,but what we know today is that children of Israel do exist and that God promised that in the end of times they'll have the power over our world and they will be brought to Palestine from all over the world,but asking who was Israel,who was Jacob ...etc has no benefit for us,it is enough for us to realize the veracity of the quran by what is happening today.Yes, my friend ---
I agree with you ---
But the issue is very important -----
Muslim says that the Koran came down from heaven and where everything ---
But the truth of the Koran that he could not explain why the switch Jacob's name to good times ---
The Muslim Torah needs to explain it ----
I think the idea is clear--
and

What is happening today is a repetition of what happened yesterday ---
Islam is a ball of air ---
Afraid of the word ---
For this, we find that the Muslim depends on terror to protect the ball and empty afraid the truth

Scimitar

Eschatologist
You are entitled to your opinion... you are talking about a ball of air... without that ball of air, you'd be dead.

You fell into that one :D

Scimi

mahasn ebn sawresho

farah wrote in post 2106==
<Simitra! Islam means peace! To be a Moslem means to have manners and akhlaq, it means trying to act as close as possible like the prophet ! The prophet of Islam visited even the Jew who was spitting on him, when he was il ! The way you debate with anyone is far far away from akhlaq, from manners! Well, maybe you couldn't hear your mother behind the niqab when she tried to teach you manners! Calm down man and debate like an adult!>==========You do not know anything about Islam ---
Islam does not mean peace ---
Return to the Arabs wrote ----
The meaning of Islam is submission or surrender -But you say all this talk of the Jewish ---
What is important is the Koran ----
Do you know how 500 Jews were killed and the text of the Koran and Mohammed is the one who gave the order to the advice of one of the companions---
Do you know how married wife of Sheikh Mohammed Jews after the murder of her husband ---You are a poor O farah do not know anything about Islam

mahasn ebn sawresho

Oh look, its the pat on the back brigade.... he is wrong Kashmir ole fellow.

Jacob and Israel :D lets take that one down first:

Jacob (yakub) was given the name Israel - hence when Jesus refers to Israel in the bibles - as in "HEAR O ISRAEL THE LORD, GOD, IS ONE" - he is not talking to a piece of prime real estate - no..... but to the descendants of Jacob - the sons of Israel.

Surely you knew that? Or are the both of you really so stupid?

Secondly:

Mariam the sister of Haroon and Mariam the mother of Jesus pbuh are clearly cut apart as two women. One is named "the most pure woman" she was mary mother of Jesus pbuh.

to scimitar ---you wrote this in post 2098
<Son shame on you for your weak and silly attempt - both of you should feel shame at your lack of logic and information....

and you mahasn, should feel really bad for lying out of the skin of your teeth. You don'#t speak Arbi. Li>====
this is not answer it is Stupidity

mahasn ebn sawresho

So far, you can not answer a single behaviors Mohammed---
Will not be able to answer my question soon changed Jacob's name, but if you return to the Torah
Because the Koran does not give you the answer to this question ---
Koran and Islam in trouble

mahasn ebn sawresho

Islam is a religion of peace ---
And the states of the fighting and the spoils and terrorism ---
For any peace talk ----
Did you know that harmful of the names of Allah has ninety-nine ---