• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Muhammad a good man?

What is your opinion on Muhammad?

• He was a great man and those who insult him must be punished!

Votes: 60 27.9%
  • He was a great man, but people are free to insult him

Votes: 47 21.9%
  • He was not a good man, but we should respect him because I believe in respecting other religions

Votes: 23 10.7%
  • He was a terrible man and we should condemn his awful actions!

Votes: 85 39.5%

• Total voters

mahasn ebn sawresho

to -faruk ---
i think you can not able to answer on the behavior of Muhammad,-
i am wrote just 14 --
can you answer one please---
this behavior --is lead any one to say mohammad good or no good man ---

mahasn ebn sawresho

Explain to you how I'm a Christian and a believer
-Gospel is the transfer of the deeds and sayings of Jesus Christ of the people have lived with him and they saw Christ -The birth of Jesus there is no watch and did not know it, but people close to him - --saying that ---
and who wrote the
Gospel
They wrote as they heard of Mary and other people
And the Church or believers in Christ confessed only four of those novels or Bibles ----

mahasn ebn sawresho

to faruk
The Bible is the word of Greek origin meaning the Good News--

This good news moved apostles of Christ to the world
Teachings are good and loving and also lead us to the knowledge of the Creator or God in the best qualities --
That's who wrote the Bible did not care childhood of Jesus
And there is also an important reason they did not see the baby Jesus ----
View of the baby Jesus with Mary, Joseph with the Jews who know him well ---

mahasn ebn sawresho

From the beginning, Christianity was not interested in this period of childhood and also young -----
The reason why it's a natural human ----
Did not Christ begins with the letter

mahasn ebn sawresho

Christ was 30 years old in his first at the age of 33 years old when solid ---
Only three years of the life of Christ we know ---
And his birth written in a way to hear from a witness the event which is the Virgin Mary

mahasn ebn sawresho

There are books written about this period, but the church does not recognize them ---
Including the Gospel of the Infancy ----
News because it is not documented, witnesses --- --
That's why I'm not interested in talking about any book ---
The credibility of the Gospel ---
Who wrote the Bible did not write any word that is not true ---

mahasn ebn sawresho

So if you have any words for the behavior is not true of Christ ---
Type it in us ---
But we wrote that lets them only ---
I wrote the behavior of Mohammed from a book you believe in it and you a Holy the qouran book
i hoping you debate withe --Recognized book only--
then we see who is the best mohammad or jessus

mahasn ebn sawresho

to faruk --
pleas read this two Verses - 47-4 this verse says that God does not forgive the involvement of God ---
But verse 78-76 - 6 says Ibrahim threw in with God ----
Here Abraham was a polytheist -
Where infallibility to the prophets because Islam says that Ibrahim was the first of the prophets ---

Sabour

to faruk --
pleas read this two Verses - 47-4 this verse says that God does not forgive the involvement of God ---
But verse 78-76 - 6 says Ibrahim threw in with God ----
Here Abraham was a polytheist -
Where infallibility to the prophets because Islam says that Ibrahim was the first of the prophets ---

47:4
Verse 47:4

So when you meet those who disbelieve [in battle], strike [their] necks until, when you have inflicted slaughter upon them, then secure their bonds, and either [confer] favor afterwards or ransom [them] until the war lays down its burdens. That [is the command]. And if Allah had willed, He could have taken vengeance upon them [Himself], but [He ordered armed struggle] to test some of you by means of others. And those who are killed in the cause of Allah - never will He waste their deeds.

This is in case of war. What is your point here?

About the verses you referred to for what Abraham was saying, it isn't the case. These verses are referring to what Abraham's father was saying.

So the verses you referred to were about Abraham's father.

If you want to respond I appreciate it would be as one reply rather than filling the thread with 6 consecutive replies.

That would help us answering you in a better way.

Farah

Mahasan! The Holy Prophet according to the Holy Quran has superior standard of character. Allah (SWT) confirms in the Holy Quran the Akhlaq of our Holy prophet “And most certainly you are on sublime morality (68:4).
Allah (swt) had sent our Prophet Muhammad as a mercy to mankind to bring mankind from the darkness into the light particularly at a time where mischief, corruption and darkness ruled all over the world. Allah (swt) makes reference to this in the Holy Quran C29:V14
“Mischief had appeared in the land and the sea, of what was produced by the hands of mankind.”

This wide spread mischief was represented by the following:

People in India worshipped their own Gods and Goddesses which includes animals, serpents and trees,
In Persia people were worshipping fire as god and the countries towards the pacific were also buried deep under similar beliefs.
Women had been deprived of any place in the human society and denied the right of inheritance.
Women in India had no right to live following the death of their husbands. The women were burnt in the same fire their husbands were cremated in.
The countries professing the religion of the church founded in the name of Christ had started preaching the belief in three gods: Father, the son and the Holy Ghost.
In Arabia people adopted all kinds of vices and crimes which were unprecedented elsewhere in the world
Idolatry was so much embedded in the nature of the people that besides the three hundred and sixty idols that were present in the very sacred shrine of the Kaaba, built exclusively for the worship of one true God, there were also household gods for every family and every house.
The Arabs had their female babies buried alive because of a fanciful shame against giving away one’s daughter to another man to be his wife.
They used all sorts of intoxicants without any restriction or control...

And according to the subject the prophet got married...
Did you know that in the USA (massachussets) the Law TODAY for getting married for girls is the age of 12? (God knows from what age they start having boyfriend's), so the age of 8 or 9 was absolutely normal 1400 years ago! Appart from that it is not the truth that our prophet got married with aysa when she was 8!! We shia people dnt believe in bukhari or Moslem as an 100% right Hadith book! 4 wife's are allowed to protect the woman from going ____ , all these men where killed in wars, what else could a woman do? Allah said in the quran "The only way you can come to me is through the messenger !"

Farah

I dnt know which books you have red about Islam and The prophet but according to the "Shia" mazhab, to the school of the "Ahlulbayt" the things you are saying is absolutely wrong! In the Quran the aya of "tatheer", it clearly says that the prophet and his "Ahulbayt" are pure physically nd mentally , which means no sins nd no mistake! And our history books don't contradict with the Quran! Here is video that may answer some questions nd describes the prophets Akhlaq!

Scimitar

Eschatologist
Farah, when the Prophet PBUH was asked about the day of judgement, he replied "even I do not know what is to become of me"...

...Let's not forget, the Prophet Muhammad pbuh also did at least 70 astagfar a day...

....you're standing on shaky ground.

I've debated these same circular argument with Shia and Sunni Muslims, and both hardly know how to determine a context in this regard.

First thing is first - the ahadeeth come SECONDARY to the QURAN... the Quran MUST always form your foundation. The Ahadeeth only serve to compliment and enlighten us to the details which were not revealed in the Quran. For example, in the Quran we are told to worship Allah 5 times a day - but doesn't tell us how - for that we look to ahadeeth.

When you start to talk from the position of ahadeeth authority and neglect proper protocol - ie: mentioning the foundation from Quran first - what you are doing is opening your position to much critique, and worse - some clever git out there will trap you in a loop argument which serves to make you look silly.

My advice, do not push shia vs sunni in posts, as that is nothing short of causing divide amongst Muslims.

Instead, concentrate on where the beliefs align.

Forums are usually a place for arguments... the heart root of the word Islam is "peace".

Scimitar

Farah

Hazrat Ameer al Momineen Ali(a.s.) has said that the smell of sins is warded off by the fragrance of repentence. Seeking Allah's forgiveness (Astaghfar) becomes the cause of enhancement of one's sustenance.
Imam Zain al Abedeen (a.s.) has said that a person who has the habit of saying "Astaghfar Allah Rabbi wa atoobe alaih" will never be proud and conceited.

Whichever group the Prophet of Allah (a.s.) visited, he used to spend more time in saying the Astaghfar.
It is narrated that the Prophet of Allah used to say the Astaghfar a hundred times every night, although he was a Masoom ( innocent) and not susceptible to commit any sins.Therefore, saying Astaghfar in itself is a abig invocation, whether one has committed any sin or not. Astaghfar is liked by the Creator and His Prophet. (a.s.)..

I apologise for any unconvincence! I didn't mean to attack any mazhab, but I wanted to show how we see the prophet as "Massoom". There for I mentioned a sura from the holy Quran that clearly says the prophet is Pure!

Farah

Saying astaghfar without making a sin shows akhlaq and manner because it makes you humble in front of your creator !

Scimitar

Eschatologist
Who is to claim any man is sinless? Quran doesn't.

You seem to fail in the most basic of Islamic theology Farah.

man sins - and must repent for his sin.

As for you claiming that all prophets are sinless, and sponsoring shia claims that even 12 imams are sinless - or infallible as you claim, might I remind you that once when the Prphet pbuh was making salaah, he made a mistake and corrected it... infallibility? try again... and you want to attach that claim to 12 invisible men?

Also, Surah Al Kahf, do you know the tafisr for ayaat numbers 23 and 24?

Surely that will halt you and your shia superstitions of infallibility.

Even Adam pbuh, the first man sinned when he disobeyed Allahs command not to eat from the forbidden tree.

Surely your theology relies on hadeeth only, and are not grounded in sound Islamic principles.

You should try to lessen your "shia" bias, and open your heart to truth... The Quran and the Sunnah spell it clear for anyone who seeks to contemplate the deeper reasonings, the deeper meanings of revelation - so long as you do this with tafsir (exegetes).

Scimitar

Last edited:

Farah

There is something called amr mawlawi and something called amr irshadi - in other words, God's orders can be either like those of prayer and fasting, meant to be followed (and not doing so will result in what is called a sin) or they can be like those of a doctor's recommendations, meant for your own good only. Prophet Adam disobeyed in the manner of the latter, in other words by way of an error in judgment or a misguided choice, but did not directly disobey any of God's orders in such a way that he sinned.

Forgetting isn't a sin. It's a natural part of being human.

Farah

The quran says :
"Allah only desires to keep away the uncleanness from you, Ahlul'bayt, and to purify you a complete and thorough purifying." (33:33).

Farah

if a prophet is not a masoom that would mean that a sin is expected from him....and if he committes a sin, this will lead to a situation where it will be wajib on the umma to object that sin, and this objection will lead to the decrease of tazeem of the opostle(the prophet)...who is the representative of Allah himself on earth...decrease in the tazeem of the opostle will raise a question on the mashiaat or u can say the qudarat of Allah, which is impossible....and adding to this ...the imam will also lose the right of objection of the same very sin that he committed himself...so in order to remain the opostle of Allah and a leader of umma on Allah's behave, to object every possible sin, it becomes a must that he himself has to be a masoom...and more to add.... Allah himself would want his representative to b like that....and adding more Allah should want his representative which he has choosen for his own rpresentation to be masoom....and at this stage of debate it turns that the one representating Allah should be a masoon which leads to that prophets are masoom and it then becomes that masoom is the only one who can become a prophet and prophets are the only one who are masoom