• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Islam spread by the sword?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
That's easy ... There wasn't one ... Currency coin wasn't invented for another 800 years... People before that bartered....
Since your are with much of the awareness of those ancient times. Kindly let us know as to what exactly the traders gave to the brothers of Joseph in barter if this transaction ever took place in barter. Please
Regards.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
@paarsurrey said: #3490
There have been scientific inventions and discoveries because of dreams. It depends on the person who sees a dream and his experience with dreams.

@A Greased Scotsman said: #3491
Really? Interesting. Do you know of any?

@A Greased Scotsman said: ↑ #3489
Do you believe dreams are a valid & accurate way of experiencing gods if a person has a dream about a god other than your own?
Could you also answer the question as I worded it please? I was asking specifically about dreams as ways of encountering & relating to the divine. Do you think dreams are a valid way of experiencing gods other than your own?

@paarsurrey says
: [1]

#2. A Scientist Dreams of Snakes, Discovers Benzene
188997_v1.jpg

Ryan McVay/Photodisc/Getty Images/Jupiterimages/Photos.com/Getty Images

You probably don't take too much time out of your day to stop and think about how important the chemical benzene is to your life, but it did revolutionize the production of things like cars, rubber, fuel, leather clothing, and other items that Fonzie couldn't do without. Benzene also served as a primary component of explosives during World War I. It's used for everything, is what we're saying, so figuring out how to make it was kind of a big deal.

188990.jpg
Endimion17
"We tried replacing it with meth, but that just barely worked."

188991_v1.jpg

Seen here in a rare moment of not banging science groupies and snorting science cocaine.

Kekule was looking for his next big challenge: For several years, scientists had been trying to crack the molecular structure of benzene because, again, they were pretty sure it could change the world. However, every configuration of molecules that they tried didn't work for a variety of science reasons, a problem that Kekule soon ran into during his own experiments. That is, until he had help from a dream .
http://www.cracked.com/article_20498_5-famous-things-you-wont-believe-were-invented-in-dreams.html

Regards

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
@A Greased Scotsman, please

Please read post #3501 , if one likes to, and be much pleased to inform us as to in what of the three modes mentioned therein Ahura-Mazda had conversation with the prophet/messenger Zoroaster. I think one still believes in Zoroaster as one has mentioned in one's religion "Pagan - Greek polytheism; Zoroastrian philosophy".
I think these are inconsistent and way contradictory with one another. Am I right? Please
What is the wise opinion of other "pagan" members on the issue just mentioned? Please
Anybody, please

Regards

No responses or questions at all for that thread I started?

Andraste

What was the year when Joseph lived in this world? Please
Please mention when he was born and when he died.
Regards

Mainline contemporary scholarship and the Bible’s own chronology are in accord in dating Joseph sometime between 2000 and 1600 BC. This time frame includes two important periods of Egypt’s history, the Middle Kingdom (2000-1786 B.C.) and the Second Intermediate Period (1786-1570 B.C.). However, before narrowing down our dates for Joseph any more, let us first survey these two periods.
However, coins begin invention at some time slightly before or after 700 BC, in Aegina Island, or, according to others, in Ephesus, Lydia, 650 BC. Ancient India in circa 6th century BC, was one of the earliest issuers of coins in the world.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Mainline contemporary scholarship and the Bible’s own chronology are in accord in dating Joseph sometime between 2000 and 1600 BC. This time frame includes two important periods of Egypt’s history, the Middle Kingdom (2000-1786 B.C.) and the Second Intermediate Period (1786-1570 B.C.). However, before narrowing down our dates for Joseph any more, let us first survey these two periods.
However, coins begin invention at some time slightly before or after 700 BC, in Aegina Island, or, according to others, in Ephesus, Lydia, 650 BC. Ancient India in circa 6th century BC, was one of the earliest issuers of coins in the world.
Do you believe in Bible. It is a poor source of history. Isn't it? Please
You may quote from the Gnostic sources, if they are more reliable than Bible and are more accurate and Historians approve them. Right? Are there any Gnostic sources that are 100% accurate, please.
Regards.

Andraste

Do you believe in Bible. It is a poor source of history. Isn't it? Please
You may quote from the Gnostic sources, if they are more reliable than Bible and are more accurate and Historians approve them. Right? Are there any Gnostic sources that are 100% accurate, please.
Regards.

Yes the bible is a poor source of History.. However all I'm doing is giving you a recognised time frame for the supposed events of the life of Joseph... Did he actually exist in the first place..
There is absolutely no evidence that he did ... Only a claim from scripture..
You are also forgetting that Dirhams were not invented until 10 years after Muhammad died ....

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
A Greased Scotsman said:
The subject of dreams relating to scientific discoveries is separate from the subject of dreams relating to gods. These are all very interesting, paarsurrey and I thank you for posting them but it seems they've become more of a distraction than anything else. You've focused more on this than on the question I asked about dreams and gods.

paarsurrey wrote: Then please bear with me,please. The subject has been discussed in a chapter of Quran at a great length. One should read the whole chapter intently.
paarsurrey adds now:
However, for your convenience please (and to share it with other members of the forum who are very dear to me) I more verses from Quran relating to interpretation of the dreams.

The Holy Quran : Chapter 12: Yusuf ( in English it is Joseph and or James) [یُوسُف]
[3]

[12:21] And they sold him for a paltry price, a few dirhems, and they were not desirous of it.
[12:22] And the man from Egypt who bought him said to his wife, ‘Make his stay honourable. Maybe he will be of benefit to us; or we shall adopt him as a son.’ And thus did We establish Joseph in the land, and We did so that We might also teach him the interpretation of things. And Allah has full power over His decree, but most men know it not.
[12:23] And when he attained his age of full strength, We granted him judgment and knowledge. And thus do We reward the doers of good.
[12:24] And she, in whose house he was, sought to seduce him against his will. And she bolted the doors, and said, ‘Now come.’ He said, ‘I seek refuge with Allah. He is my Lord. He has made my stay with you honourable. Verily, the wrongdoers never prosper.’
[12:25] And she made up her mind with regard to him, and he made up his mind with regard to her. If he had not seen a manifest Sign of his Lord, he could not have shown such determination. Thus was it, that We might turn away from him evil and indecency. Surely, he was one of Our chosen servants.
[12:26] And they both raced to the door, and she tore his shirt from behind, and they found her lord at the door. She said, ‘What shall be the punishment of one who intended evil to thy wife, save imprisonment or a grievous chastisement?’
[12:27] He said, ‘She it was who sought to seduce me against my will.’ And a witness of her household bore witness saying, ‘If his shirt is torn from the front, then she has spoken the truth and he is of the liars.
[12:28] ‘But if his shirt is torn from behind, then she has lied and he is of the truthful.’
[12:29] So when he saw his shirt torn from behind, he said, ‘Surely, this is a device of you women. Your device is indeed mighty.
[12:30] ‘O Joseph, turn away from this and thou, O woman, ask forgiveness for thy sin. Certainly, thou art of the guilty.’
http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=12&verse=21

One could see as to how dreams are interpreted and very useful for the humans. Please
Regards

The Emperor of Mankind

People might have not noted it. Is it in the Religious Debate forum? Please
Regards

It is. Other people have responded to it. You haven't noticed that I've tagged you in it twice? I was under the impression you had questions or at least wanted clarification on my religion field.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Further to Posts #2717, #2720 , #2722, and #2942 in response to OP's Post #1 I have to add:
Those who doubt that Islam spread peacefully in times of Muhammad they should focus on spread of Ahmadiyya true Islam, If it has happened now peacefully, it should be a clear sign for the doubtful that Islam spread peacefully in times of Muhammad.
For instance:

• Now I give peaceful spread of Ahmadiyya true Islam in
    23px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png
    Italy.
    [2]

Ultimate Answer to Anti Ahmadiyya. Mohammad Hussain Batalwi's* Grandson Accepted Islam Ahmadiyya.
*Mohammad Hussain Batalwi was the greatest opponant of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad

Italy
Ahmadiyya population : 100
Percentage (%) of Muslims : < 0.1
Percentage (%) of population:< 0.1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmadiyya_by_country

Does one see any sword used for spread of Ahmadiyya true Islam in
Italy?

Isn't it a glorious sign for the wise? Please

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
There have been scientific inventions and discoveries because of dreams. It depends on the person who sees a dream and his experience with dreams.

Do you believe dreams are a valid & accurate way of experiencing gods if a person has a dream about a god other than your own?
Could you also answer the question as I worded it please? I was asking specifically about dreams as ways of encountering & relating to the divine. Do you think dreams are a valid way of experiencing gods other than your own?

@paarsurrey says
:
#2. A Scientist Dreams of Snakes, Discovers Benzene [2]
Exhausted from having every avenue of inquiry ironically hampered by the laws of chemical structure that he had invented years earlier, Kekule decided to have himself a fireside nap. Once asleep, he had a dream in which he was surrounded by snakes that formed themselves into hexagons, which he realized upon waking was the shape of the benzene molecule he was trying desperately to crack.

188992.jpg

Wait, dreams about being surrounded by snakes? Meth was definitely involved in this.

Legend has it that after Kekule woke, he worked through the night to successfully recreate what he'd witnessed, presumably spending the whole time trying to tie a bunch of garden snakes together. Or maybe he just didn't want to fall asleep and have more snake nightmares. Either way, it worked.

http://www.cracked.com/article_2049...-wont-believe-were-invented-in-dreams_p2.html

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
@A Greased Scotsman said: ↑
The subject of dreams relating to scientific discoveries is separate from the subject of dreams relating to gods. These are all very interesting, paarsurrey and I thank you for posting them but it seems they've become more of a distraction than anything else. You've focused more on this than on the question I asked about dreams and gods.
Then please bear with me,please. The subject has been discussed in a chapter of Quran at a great length. One should read the whole chapter intently.
However, for your convenience please (and to share it with other members of the forum who are very dear to me) I will start it below, please:

@paarsurrey responds:
The Holy Quran : Chapter 12: Yusuf ( in English it is Joseph and or James) [یُوسُف]
[4]

The Holy Quran : Chapter 12: Yusuf یُوسُف

[12:31] And women in the city said, ‘The wife of the ‘Aziz seeks to seduce her slave-boy
[12:32] And when she heard of their crafty design, she sent for them and prepared for them a repast, and gave every one of them a knife and then said to Joseph, ‘Come forth to them.’ And when they saw him they thought much of him and cut their hands, and said, ‘Allah be glorified! This is not a human being; this is but a noble angel.’
[12:33] She said, ‘And this is he about whom you blamed me. I did seek to seduce him against his will, but he preserved himself from sin. And now if he do not what I bid him, he shall certainly be imprisoned and become one of the humbled.’

[12:34] He said, ‘O my Lord, I would prefer prison to that to which they invite me; and unless Thou turn away their guile from me I shall incline towards them and be of the ignorant.’

[12:35] So his Lord heard his prayer, and turned away their guile from him. Verily, He is the All-Hearing, the All-Knowing.
[12:36] Then it occurred to them (the men) after they had seen the signs of his innocence that,to preserve their good name, they should imprison him for a time.
[12:37] And with him there entered the prison two young men. One of them said, ‘I saw myselfin a dream pressing wine.’ And the other said, ‘I saw myself in a dream carrying upon my head bread of which the birds are eating. Inform us of the interpretation thereof; for we see thee to be of the righteous.’
[12:38] He replied, ‘The food which you are given shall not come to you but I shall inform you of the interpretation thereof before it comes to you. This is on account of what my Lord has taught me. I have renounced the religion of the people who do not believe in Allah and who are disbelievers in the Hereafter.
[12:39] ‘And I have followed the religion of my fathers, Abraham and Isaac and Jacob. We cannot indeed associate anything as partner with Allah. This is of Allah’s grace upon us and upon mankind, but most men are ungrateful.
[12:40] ‘O my two companions of the prison, are diverse lords better or Allah, the One, the Most Supreme?
http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=12&verse=31

One could see that Quran illustrates that dreams to the righteous are meaningful, get fulfilled in our real lives, and are beneficial to the pulic in gereal. If Zoroastrianism have suppressed or concealed such dreams/vision shown by Ahura-Mazda to the righteous Zoroaster, it is their fault not of Zoroaster. It speaks a lot about Zoroastrianism. Right? Please
Regards

Last edited:

The Emperor of Mankind

One could see that Quran illustrates that dreams to the righteous are meaningful, get fullfied in our real lives, and are beneficial to the pulic in gereal. If Zoroastrianism have suppressed or concealed such dreams/vision shown by Ahura-Mazda to the righteous Zoroaster, it is their fault not of Zoroaster. It speaks a lot about Zoroastrianism. Right? Please
Regards

It's a good thing Zoroastrianism doesn't do that.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
"Vision of Zoroaster
According to Zoroastrian belief, when Zoroaster was 30 years old, he went into the Daiti river to draw water for a Haoma ceremony; when he emerged, he received a vision of Vohu Manah. After this, Vohu Manah took him to the other six Amesha Spentas, where he received the completion of his vision.[72] This vision radically transformed his view of the world, and he tried to teach this view to others. Zoroaster believed in one creator God, teaching that only one God was worthy of worship. Some of the deities of the old religion, the Daevas (Devas in Sanskrit), appeared to delight in war and strife. Zoroaster said these were evil spirits, workers of Angra Mainyu.

Zoroaster's ideas were not taken up quickly; he originally only had one convert: his cousin Maidhyoimanha.[73] The local religious authorities opposed his ideas, considering that their faith, power, and particularly their rituals, were threatened by Zoroaster's teaching against over-ritualising religious ceremonies. Many did not like Zoroaster's downgrading of the Daevas to evil spirits. After 12 years of little success, Zoroaster left his home.

In the country of King Vishtaspa in Bactria, the king and queen heard Zoroaster debating with the religious leaders of the land and decided to accept Zoroaster's ideas as the official religion of their kingdom. Zoroaster died in his late 70s. Very little is known of the time between Zoroaster and the Achaemenian period, except that Zoroastrianism spread to Western Iran. By the time of the founding of the Achaemenid Empire, Zoroastrianism was already a well-established religion."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thus_Spoke_Zarathustra
I like it.
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
@A Greased Scotsman said: ↑
Then please bear with me,please. The subject has been discussed in a chapter of Quran at a great length. One should read the whole chapter intently.
However, for your convenience please (and to share it with other members of the forum who are very dear to me) I will start it below, please:

@paarsurrey responds:
[5]

The Holy Quran : Chapter 12: Yusuf یُوسُف

[12:41] ‘You worship nothing beside Allah, but mere names that you have named, you and your fathers; Allah has sent down no authority for that. The decision rests with Allah alone. He has commanded that you shall not worship anything save Him. That is the right religion, but most men know it not.
[12:42] ‘O my two companions of the prison, as for one of you, he will pour out wine, for his lord to drink; and as for the other, he will be crucified so that the birds will eat from off his head. The matter about which you inquired has been decreed.’
[12:43] And of the two, he said to him whom he thought to be the one who would escape: ‘Mention me to thy lord.’ But Satan caused him to forget mentioning it to his lord, so he remained in prison for some years.
[12:44] And the King said, ‘I see in a dream seven fat kine which seven lean ones eat up, and seven green ears of corn and seven others withered. O ye chiefs, explain to me the meaning of my dream if you can interpret a dream.’
[12:45] They replied, ‘They are confused dreams, and we do not know the interpretation of such confused dreams.’
[12:46] And he of the two who had escaped, and who now remembered after a time, said, ‘I will let you know its interpretation, therefore send ye me.’
[12:47] ‘Joseph! O thou man of truth, explain to us the meaning of seven fat kine which seven lean ones devour, and of seven green ears of corn and seven others withered; that I may return to the people so that they may know.’
[12:48] He replied, ‘You shall sow for seven years, working hard and continuously, and leave what you reap in its ear, except a little which you shall eat.
[12:49] ‘Then there shall come after that seven hard years which shall consume all that you shall have laid by in advance for them except a little which you may preserve.
[12:50] ‘Then there shall come after that a year in which people shall be relieved and in which they shall give presents to each other.’
http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=12&verse=41

One could see that Quran illustrates that dreams to the righteous are meaningful, get fulfilled in our real lives, and are beneficial to the public in gereal. If Zoroastrianism have suppressed or concealed such dreams/vision shown by Ahura-Mazda to the righteous Zoroaster, it is their fault not of Zoroaster. It speaks a lot about Zoroastrianism. Right? Please
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

@paarsurrey says:

Discovery of the Periodic Table

100-dmitri-mendeleev.jpg

DMITRI MENDELEEV, 1834 TO 1907
“In a dream I saw a table where all the elements fell into place as required. Awakening, I immediately wrote it down on a piece of paper.”

http://www.famousscientists.org/7-great-examples-of-scientific-discoveries-made-in-dreams/

Regards

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.