• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

US officially quits Paris climate accord

exchemist

Veteran Member
I'm pretty sure climate change is bull**** anyway, but to be frank the parties that cause most of the pollution weren't even involved in the accord. So, it's just a bunch of nations who barely contribute to the total problem standing around and giving each other handies. Mind you, not that I necessarily fault the countries that are doing it greatly -- except for China (which certainly has access to modern technology/solutions), as most of them are developing nations.

The other thing worth noting is pollution is decreasing rapidly and at a 50 year low, and we've seemed to be getting colder than warmer. But, evidence doesn't matter. :D
...and black is white.......and I'm a teapot.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I heard CO2 levels were at a 25-year low under his presidency! Democrats can hardly complain.

You have a reference?

CO2_Emissions_Levels_Knorr.gif

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I'm pretty sure climate change is bull**** anyway, but to be frank the parties that cause most of the pollution weren't even involved in the accord. So, it's just a bunch of nations who barely contribute to the total problem standing around and giving each other handies. Mind you, not that I necessarily fault the countries that are doing it greatly -- except for China (which certainly has access to modern technology/solutions), as most of them are developing nations.

The other thing worth noting is pollution is decreasing rapidly and at a 50 year low, and we've seemed to be getting colder than warmer. But, evidence doesn't matter. :D

And every single one of them is being effected by climate change which is estimated to be killing quarter of a million people per year at the moment, a figure likely to rise

Stanyon

WWMRD?
It is way past the time when people can afford to look at global warming as a partisan political issue.

Yet it is exploited politically as it always has been, the script looks like this:
Republicans =death star
Democrats = guardians of the galaxy

Skwim

Veteran Member
I heard CO2 levels were at a 25-year low under his presidency! Democrats can hardly complain.
You must have heard that from the Trumpett himself. He's the only one of late who's been lying about CO2 levels.

From the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, (NOAA). One of the USA's very own scientific agencies.

co2 levels.png

"According to the State of the Climate in 2018 report from NOAA and the American
Meteorological Society, global atmospheric carbon dioxide was 407.4 ± 0.1 ppm in
2018, a new record high. That is an increase of 2.5 ± 0.1 ppm from 2017, similar to
the increase of 2.2 ± 0.1 ppm between 2016 and 2017."
source

Or as Trump tells it.

CO2 change trump.png

Last edited:

Stanyon

WWMRD?
From the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, (NOAA). One of the USA's very own scientific agencies.

View attachment 34081
"According to the State of the Climate in 2018 report from NOAA and the American
Meteorological Society, global atmospheric carbon dioxide was 407.4 ± 0.1 ppm in
2018, a new record high. That is an increase of 2.5 ± 0.1 ppm from 2017, similar to
the increase of 2.2 ± 0.1 ppm between 2016 and 2017."
source

It just looks like we are just following a long trend and that all those years with the Paris accord had zero effect.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

How dare you bring facts into this argument!

BSM1

What? Me worry?
That's only if there will be a place for them to live. California burns, Alaska melts and Miami is slowly going under water and the US president does not care.

How can you even get out of bed in the mornings?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
And every single one of them is being effected by climate change which is estimated to be killing quarter of a million people per year at the moment, a figure likely to rise

You care to cite a few references to this mass climatic killing spree...

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
It is way past the time when people can afford to look at global warming as a partisan political issue. If there ever was such a time.

The question is not whether or not the levels are lower than at some previous time.
The only issue is whether current emission levels are sustainable, or even survivable.

If your great grandchildren find themselves in a hell-on-earth, they aren’t going to be impressed that it got that way because the issue became just another binary opposition cultural football.
You would expect the POTUS to know well enough to say that backwards or forward as one pleases.

But apparently not. Or more likely, he does not care enough to even think about the matter.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Can you really seriously care what your great grandchildren will inherit? What makes you think you have the least bit of control of anything in a future world? My great grandparents grew up in the horse and buggy days..literally. Do you think they gave a rat's butt about my having it easy? My children's great grandparents grew up trying to survive a devastating depression between two world wars. Do you think my children's world was a priority in their minds? Even if this catastrophic climate change BS wasn't a great hoax, what in the world do you think you could even do about it? BTW, one reason we pulled out of the Paris Accord was that it was NON-BINDING! for the countries that were (and still are) the biggest polluters.
Abuse of the earth and no goodwill to try to limit pollution just proves that they have lack of gratitude and abundance of egoism

In short: They lack Love.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
To you, apparently.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f8/Global_Temperature_Anomaly.svg
SOURCE: Data.GISS: GISS Surface Temperature Analysis (GISTEMP v4)

But I'm sure you're going to produce a very compelling scientific source for your claim that the world is getting colder any moment now.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

Evidence certainly matters, but it takes proper technical training to have access to representative samples of it and to analyse it meaningfully.