• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Unlicensed Handguns

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I think Ohio is another state unless that has changed.
Ohio, like Michigan, allows for open carry without license or permit.
However you must have a concealed handgun license to carry concealed.

Indiana has a handgun license that you have to have to legally carry a handgun.
Open or concealed.

To the best of my knowledge no state allows concealed carry with out either a license or permit.

McBell

And since now all one needs is a 3D printer to make a gun with no traceable serial #..........
You do know there are much easier and cheaper ways to make a "ghost gun" than with a 3d printer, right?

McBell

Yes I am aware of that, either way there's no possibility to trace, that's the whole point, I think.
So far as I can tell, this whole "ghost gun" hype is just that, hype to stir up the ignorant into a fear induced support of worthless legislation that does nothing more than give empty feel good feelings that something is being done about guns.

Ever wonder why we are never given the raw numbers when reports pop up "Ghost Gun use up 400%"?

PureX

Veteran Member
You could pick on Vermont too.
It has long not required a license for concealed carry.
Sure, but almost no one there actually does it. Because it would be stupid. Whereas in Texas, the fantasy of shooting the bad guy is extremely powerful. Sacred, even. So they take their guns everywhere they go, in the hope that some bad guy will someday 'cross 'em', and they can gun 'im down like the dirty dog that he is!

PureX

Veteran Member
Idaho has had open carry without license and conceled carry without license for many years (open carry longer) and see no negative impact.
But it's Idaho. No one lives there BUT crazed militarists. To ban guns in Idaho would be like declaring the whole state a clothing free zone.

esmith

Veteran Member
I am interested in that there is nothing mentioned about concealed carry.
Several states allow open carry but require a permit or license to conceal carry.

I am most curious if Texas will be the first state to not require a permit or license for all forms of carrying a firearm.
Don't know about other States but Idaho has open carry for many years and a concealed carry withoug a permit for a couple of years.
If you are interested suggest you read
NRA-ILA | Gun Laws