• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Unlicensed Handguns

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
This can't end well, at all, if it passes. Which it appears it will...
I think it will not pass. They try to control the world by covid passport containing all your data, so gun licenses will be added there. Probably its just another crazy stunt, like all the other stunts of goverments to give first and then take it away. Like 'yes mask.... no mask.... yes mask... no mask'

1984, Brave New world is getting implemented. The 'New Normal'

Never free guns, I don't believe it. Unless the virus ate their brains already

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
What are your thoughts on unlicensed carrying of handguns?

Do not people already do that anyway?

I don't think there should be an unlicensed carrying of any weapon. I think there should be mandatory training in proper safety and handling, including range time. And this should have to be recertified at yearly intervals. Same as I had to do every year I served in the Navy, to prove proficiency and competency.

As for your last question. Criminals sure, but that's a relatively small crowd.
The “Good Guy with a Gun” Myth

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
I heard some conspiracy theory that they want to decimate the world population. I was wondering how they would do that.

Texas free "unlicensed nukes" maybe?
You can get a license for one of those? I gotta get out more.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I am interested in that there is nothing mentioned about concealed carry.
Several states allow open carry but require a permit or license to conceal carry.

I am most curious if Texas will be the first state to not require a permit or license for all forms of carrying a firearm.
I think Ohio is another state unless that has changed.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't think there should be an unlicensed carrying of any weapon. I think there should be mandatory training in proper safety and handling, including range time. And this should have to be recertified at yearly intervals. Same as I had to do every year I served in the Navy, to prove proficiency and competency.
I agree with licensing & training requiremnets.
Secure storage too.
As for your last question. Criminals sure, but that's a relatively small crowd.
The “Good Guy with a Gun” Myth
But I disagree with this link's claims.
We have warring statisticians making opposite claims,
with their fundamental assumptions at odds. Gary
Kleck & others find guns useful to prevent crime.
Ref...
Unpublished CDC Study Confirms More than 2 Million Defensive Handgun Uses Annually
Defensive Gun Use Is Not a Myth

There can be common ground.
- Ensure that dangerous & inappropriate people aren't carrying & even denied guns.
- Require vetting, training, & secure storage.
This would be an improvement on what we have.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I am interested in that there is nothing mentioned about concealed carry.
Several states allow open carry but require a permit or license to conceal carry.

I am most curious if Texas will be the first state to not require a permit or license for all forms of carrying a firearm.
I can see a permit for concealed carry.

I suppose it all depends on where you are and the surrounding environment.

A rural area might not be as disconcerting as an urban area where a person might be compelled to carry a firearm along with him or herself.

PureX

Veteran Member
So when the cops stop a drunk driver, they can take his car keys away from him, and his driver's license, but not his gun. It's GENUIS!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I agree with licensing & training requiremnets.
Secure storage too.

But I disagree with this link's claims.
We have warring statisticians making opposite claims,
with their fundamental assumptions at odds. Gary
Kleck & others find guns useful to prevent crime.
Ref...
Unpublished CDC Study Confirms More than 2 Million Defensive Handgun Uses Annually
Defensive Gun Use Is Not a Myth

There can be common ground.
- Ensure that dangerous & inappropriate people aren't carrying & even denied guns.
- Require vetting, training, & secure storage.
This would be an improvement on what we have.
The trick done by the antigun people is not to count an event unless shots are fired. Most cases of using a handgun for self defense do not get to that point. Merely drawing the gun is enough to deter an attack.

Bear Wild

Texas Gets Ready To Allow Unlicensed Carrying Of Handguns

Sorry, for picking on TX again @Wild Fox . :oops:

This can't end well, at all, if it passes. Which it appears it will...

No problem I am glad you are alerting people to the madness. We have had marches with people carrying their guns out in the open to demonstrate their right to bear arms. Some how 100 men and women carrying no hunting rifles but tactical semiautomatic weapons kind of makes us look like one of those third world nations preparing for take over the government. This is the last thing we need with increasing economic, political, and changing populations.