• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Unlicensed Handguns

tytlyf

Not Religious
Well it seems logical that if most are irresponsible there's going to be a lot of hunters shot by mistake.
Your example is referring to the accuracy of people using a weapon. There's also laws against murder/homicide. (terrible metric)
If it only happens very rarely why would I assume they were irresponsible with gun safety?
I'm referring to 99% of the other time when a weapon isn't being used.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Your example is referring to the accuracy of people using a weapon. There's also laws against murder/homicide. (terrible metric)

I'm referring to 99% of the other time when a weapon isn't being used.
So, your whole thing is unlocked weapons? What good is a gun if I can't access it quickly when I need to? That certainly renders it useless for self-defense.

And irresponsible use would mean more accidental shootings, I wasn't talking about accuracy or murders. Positively Identifying your target is a sign of a responsible hunter.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
So, your whole thing is unlocked weapons? What good is a gun if I can't access it quickly when I need to?
In my poli sci course, I brought in local, county, and state police plus the FBI and the Border Patrol, and I always asked them if it is wise to keep a loaded gun in the house, and not one of them said yes with the exception of those whom may live in areas not easily accessed by law enforcement.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
In my poli sci course, I brought in local, county, and state police plus the FBI and the Border Patrol, and I always asked them if it is wise to keep a loaded gun in the house, and not one of them said yes with the exception of those whom may live in areas not easily accessed by law enforcement.
Yes, that's me. And thousands of others in rural areas.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I've known many cops who disagree.
But they assume mental stability, & know that proper
training & storage are necessary. Blanket statements
like those you cite are too simplistic to be useful.

Based upon prior conversations, your home & my
home are very different. Our choice wouldn't suit yours.

tytlyf

Not Religious
So, your whole thing is unlocked weapons?
One of many simple things. My thing is when the gun isn't being used.
What good is a gun if I can't access it quickly when I need to? That certainly renders it useless for self-defense.
Depends. If you have kids the responsibility factor changes.
And irresponsible use would mean more accidental shootings, I wasn't talking about accuracy or murders. Positively Identifying your target is a sign of a responsible hunter.
Accidental shootings don't happen often. Not the type where you're referring to shooting a person while missing the deer. Or seeing a deer and turning 180 and shooting your friend.

Those situations aren't even worth mentioning. I'm referring to storage at home and in a vehicle. Selling guns to strangers (even if it's legal). You know, the 99% of the other time a weapon isn't being used.