• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Under What Conditions Should Someone Terminate Their Virginity?

Mr Cheese

I don't believe in virginity. It's a stupid concept to begin with, and we pay way too much attention to it. I had a first breath, a first ice cream cone, a first step, a first job, a first airline flight, a first kiss, a first mosquito bite, a first piano lesson. None of the tens of thousands of other "first times" gets its very own word.

Anyway, since I don't believe in virginity, I don't really understand the question. However, I can substitute sex in general, and say we should have it whenever we feel like having it, in the safest possible circumstances, with the clear consent of all participants, and ideally with a foundation of trust between all comers. (So to speak.)

well said....

you should also add, there should be cucumber sandwiches after the main event and possibly some modern experimental jazz to set your teeth on edge....

Virginity is certainly overrated...

no one has mentioned age. Personally I think you should wait until you have finished "high school"...

but I understand not so for many....

Alceste

Vagabond
well said....

you should also add, there should be cucumber sandwiches after the main event and possibly some modern experimental jazz to set your teeth on edge....

Virginity is certainly overrated...

no one has mentioned age. Personally I think you should wait until you have finished "high school"...

but I understand not so for many....

People mature at different rates. I think girls should be allowed to decide for themselves from the age of 12 onward, but boys should have to wait until they're 30. :p

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
People mature at different rates. I think girls should be allowed to decide for themselves from the age of 12 onward, but boys should have to wait until they're 30. :p

But if the girls could start at 12 and the men all had to wait till 30 who would the 12 year old girls sleep with?:cover:

Love

Dallas

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
It is perhaps unusual for some one to terminate their own virginity.
It is usually the act of some one else.
The circumstances are rarely ideal.

Last edited:

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Virginity should only be "terminated" in the context of a marriage between two people of the opposite-sex who are not related and when the woman is not on her period.

How very archaic...

IF a person isn't going to adhere to that standard then at the VERY LEAST they should be cognizant of the possible outcomes and also able to handle and deal with those outcomes should they occur.

Anything less is sheer recklessness.

And this is why full, comprehensive sex education is crucial for our children.

Mr Cheese

Exactly Mr Cheese.

A much safer .... and generally sweeter.... alternative.

I wish my first had been a sweet young female.....

fortunatly, my first was......

Although I found "sweeter tasting" females later on....

Last edited by a moderator:
Under what conditions should someone terminate their virginity?

Whatever the condition is, it should have absolutely nothing to do with what a religion preaches. However, if you agree a no-sex before marriage policy on your OWN terms and that practice happens to be shared by your religion, that's reasonable. "Because [insert deity] says so" is never a valid reason, and you're only degrading him or her (your God or whatever) to a dictator position.

Last edited:

Mr Cheese

A boy should lose their virginity sooner and preferably to someone attractive? That sounds silly to me.

Yeah, you know girls should lose it to ugly guys..in their mid 30's

or they are just being loose...

Hoochie-Mama-32-oz.jpg

Humanistheart

A boy should lose their virginity sooner and preferably to someone attractive? That sounds silly to me.

The attractive part was meant for both genders, not specifically for males, although I can see how'd you'd have read it that way. The sooner part is accurate however. Perhaps you'd like to list your reasoning for why it's 'silly'.