• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UK - Police will enter homes and break up Christmas dinners

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
But according to the article, it has been made illegal there. But I get that cops can't just enter a home without a warrant. At least not here in the United States.... yet.
Cops here can & do enter without warrants.
It's legal if they have just cause.
Of course, they don't always, with severe
consequences for the occupants at times.
For argument's sake, they sound like they are prepare to clamp down on these disregards of public safety. So far, that hasn't happened here yet, aside from handing out a few fines to these Christian whiners who complain about not being able to go to church together, virus be damned. If people are flagrantly, willfully ignoring safety protocols and putting pubic health at risk, personally, I'd consider that a punishable crime, or at least religiously speaking, certainly it is a sin.
Churches are public, so I'd grant government more
authority regarding Covid related conduct there.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
See my previous post. It is not ok to put peoples lives at risk even in your own home
I agree. But there's the question if the risk posed
is known to be that great for the parties involved.
I'd grant more authority to cops regarding that
in public venues than in private homes.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I agree. But there's the question if the risk posed
is known to be that great for the parties involved.
I'd grant more authority to cops regarding that
in public venues than in private homes.

The virus has no respect for private property

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Government has that problem too.
Hardly relevant though. The more the numbers, the greater the likelihood of there being asymptomatic people present and the greater the number of people likely to get infected. So twenty people in a private setting poses a greater danger than 10 people in a public setting.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hardly relevant though.
It was relevant to the particular post I responded to though.
The more the numbers, the greater the likelihood of there being asymptomatic people present and the greater the number of people likely to get infected. So twenty people in a private setting poses a greater danger than 10 people in a public setting.
It might.
I don't say that you're wrong.
But I advocate less governmental power in a private home.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I disagree.
Some are, & some aren't.
I've managed both kinds.

Unless you have a non-utilities shack in the middle of Yukon territory, your property is owned by the government, through taxes and what else have you. Private ownership is a myth. It's only private if you own all aspects of it,including energy production. Otherwise you are dependent on societies services, which falls under governmental jurisdiction.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Unless you have a non-utilities shack in the middle of Yukon territory, your property is owned by the government, through taxes and what else have you. Private ownership is a myth. It's only private if you own all aspects of it,including energy production. Otherwise you are dependent on societies services, which falls under governmental jurisdiction.
Actually, government has only a tax lien against the property.
This is not ownership.
(Never argue real estate with a broker....or former broker.)