• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Two countries on one land..

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
SA..

I'm posting this thread to start a discussion based on an Islamic perpective towards the Palestine/Israel conflict that has been there since 70 years ago..

So, from an islamic percpective, is it not right to accept sharing the land with Israel?..

Thanks..

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Einstien,

So it means it is a RELIGIOUS WAR?
Whose God seems more powerful in that case?

The problem is one of having to many gods, one for each. [Problem of plenty]

hmmm!!!!!!!!!
Love & rgds

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
What are the Islamic takes and interpretations of this passage:

We have said to the Israelites: 'Dwell in this land. When the promise of the hereafter comes to be fulfilled, We shall assemble you all together'

~Qur'an, The Night Journey

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
First of all, I may have represented the idea behind the thread in a misleading way...I didn't mean it's a religious war (although the establishment of Israel came from a religious basis)...

We believe the entire land belongs to us (Arabs)...And sharing the land with Israel is considered giving away our rights...All I'm discussing in this thread is whether giving away this right is against our Islamic philosophy or not..

Reactions: kai

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!

We have said to the Israelites: 'Dwell in this land. When the promise of the hereafter comes to be fulfilled, We shall assemble you all together'

And there are other versus that describe Israelites as misleaded people who continously disobey God's orders, so God decided to let them out of the lands for their mistakes...

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Einstien,

We believe the entire land belongs to us (Arabs
Who are this *WE*
Where did Arabs come from?
Keep going back to where humans came from and from there see who is who?
What does religion mean?
Are religions to divide or unite?
These are questions answering which one can open the doors to the garden of eden once again.
Love & rgds

maro

muslimah
SA..

I'm posting this thread to start a discussion based on an Islamic perpective towards the Palestine/Israel conflict that has been there since 70 years ago..

So, from an islamic percpective, is it not right to accept sharing the land with Israel?..

Thanks..

israel doesn't know the word "share"....muslims,christians and jews already shared the land for hundreds of years...the Israeli mentality is the same as the mentality of those who wiped islam out of andalusia....its never about sharing , but about "ERADICATION AND REPLACEMENT "....
from the nile to al Forat is their dream (and only god knows about the upper and lower borders !!)

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
israel doesn't know the word "share"....muslims,christians and jews already shared the land for hundreds of years...the Israeli mentality is the same as the mentality of those who wiped islam out of andalusia....its never about sharing , but about "ERADICATION AND REPLACEMENT "....
from the nile to al Forat is their dream (and only god knows about the upper and lower borders !!)
thats interesting, since it was the Jews of the soon to be Israel that accepted the UN mandate of the partition of the British mandate of Palestine, that is to say to share the land and divide it to a Jewish state and an Arab state, the Arabs rejected it and declared war on the newly born state, together with the armies of 5 Arab nations going on the offensive and promising the Arabs who lived in this land false promises.
A bit content and less propaganda might prove to be a more fruitful discussion stimulate next time.

Sajdah

Al-Aqsa Is In My Heart.
SA..

Thanks..
I have another question, those who call us to accept sharing the land, why didn't they give Zionists their countries and lands?! and let them share it with them. But we Muslims will never accept such sharing, if Jews want to live with us as the christians do, to be controled under Islamic rules, then there would be no conflict. But to take our lands, and sacred places, to kill us, to persuade us on a tradition way of living, we must say no, and we'll never submit, and they will never achieve their dreams as Maro said above.

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
I have another question, those who call us to accept sharing the land, why didn't they give Zionists their countries and lands?! and let them share it with them. But we Muslims will never accept such sharing, if Jews want to live with us as the christians do, to be controled under Islamic rules, then there would be no conflict. But to take our lands, and sacred places, to kill us, to persuade us on a tradition way of living, we must say no, and we'll never submit, and they will never achieve their dreams as Maro said above.

I concur :yes:

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Hi, hope you don't mind me popping in! I just thought I'd give my response.. might end up being moved to another thread, though, but I really want to discuss it with Muslims.

I don't think one should tell the other "Move out!". I hope for peace. I want the children of Ishaq and Ismail to live in peace. :)

Though it looks unlikely any time soon, we can only hope. We can only attempt to stop a cycle of violence and hate by talking with one another and to stop demonizing them as well as shooting and bombing one another.

Personally, I think a confederacy of two nations - both semi-autonomous, and both governed with secular laws (similar Turkey's) on a national level, and possibly with some religious laws on a local level - but not inter-religious, so Muslims would not have Jewish laws, and Jews would not have Muslim laws governing them. I think may be best for Palestine and Israel.

What do you think? :)

Makaveli

Homoioi
Jews have occupied that sliver of land for at least three thousand years, and were only driven out by the Romans 1400 years ago, and began coming back 800 years ago. The place is littered with the reminders of Jewish rule and settlement dating back thousands of years, it's full of Jewish holy sites and towns. The only occupiers here are the Palestinians, who think that because they have been there for the last few hundred years that the place belongs to them. It isn't the Jewish people who should be accommodating the Palestinians, it's the other way around.

My people have no reason to give up their holy, ancestral land to a pack of violent usurpers, frankly.

kai

ragamuffin
i have to pop in also , why is this most important and relevent question, hidden away here, are the answers to embarrasing?

and "muslims" "jews" thats all we ever here , perhaps its religion causing all this death and destruction . i have a question if it gets past the moderators.

is it religion that is stopping a peaceful solution ? do you hate each others religions more than you hate each other?

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
i have to pop in also , why is this most important and relevent question, hidden away here, are the answers to embarrasing?
It's not like that...The point is that I wanted to discuss this issue with muslims only, in an islamic percpective..

and "muslims" "jews" thats all we ever here , perhaps its religion causing all this death and destruction . i have a question if it gets past the moderators.

is it religion that is stopping a peaceful solution ? do you hate each others religions more than you hate each other?
We can't deny that a basic issue of the conflict is religious based, both from the israeli side, or from the palestinian side..

I was trying to discuss what our religion would guide us to do in such a situation, according to Quranic teachings and to the life stories of the prophet Mohumed...

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist

And there are other versus that describe Israelites as misleaded people who continously disobey God's orders, so God decided to let them out of the lands for their mistakes...

It seems to me that your answer is contained in this exchange that you had with Caladan. It is possible to use scripture to promote sharing or to resist it. Promotion of sharing allows you to live in peace with the Israelis. Resistance will bring you war. So how you decide to read your scripture depends on whether you desire peace or war. If you choose war, then you must accept the consequences of your choice, not just for you, but for all the Muslims and Jews whose lives will be shattered.

Last edited:

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
It seems to me that your answer is contained in this exchange that you had with Caladan. It is possible to use scripture to promote sharing or to resist it. Promotion of sharing allows you to live in peace with the Israelis. Resistance will bring you war. So how you decide to read your scripture depends on whether you desire peace or war. If you choose war, then you must accept the consequences of your choice, not just for you, but for all the Muslims and Jews whose lives will be shattered.
Well, in this context, the jewish scripture would also tell them to choose war I guess...

It's about knowing the posibility of compromising

Poisonshady313

Um... last time I checked, Muslim Israelis have full rights... they sit in Parliament, they vote, they are free to practice Islam without government interference.

Israel only kills the Muslims who are dedicated to destroying Israel because Muslims can't share.

Jerusalem is the holiest site of Judaism.

For Islam... what is it on the list... like number three?

Instead of having Jews sharing lands that have no historical significance for them, why not have "Palestinians" go back to their homes? And by that I mean Syria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, etc...

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
Israel only kills the Muslims who are dedicated to destroying Israel because Muslims can't share.

Poisonshady, this is not actually true. Any country that chooses to bomb civilian targets is responsible for the deaths of innocent people. By retaliating in the way it has, Israel has chosen to kill Muslims who may not be dedicated to destroying Israel. A picture in this morning's paper showed a Palestinian man delivering his two daughters, both wounded from an Israeli missile, to the hospital. I do not believe that those children were dedicated to the destruction of Israel, and I do not believe that Israel only kills Muslims dedicated to its destruction. Israel has a deliberate policy of using missiles--not just sniper rifles--to assassinate those who actually are dedicated to its destruction. Those assassination attacks are as cowardly as suicide bombers used to kill innocent Israelis.

Last edited: