• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump's strong support / Democrats' lack of support, by white women

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I didn't say it doesn't count, but when the choice is between somewhat defective and completely inept, it's an easy choice.
So, Trump attempting to overthrow an election is only "somewhat defective"? Gee, I'd like to know what "quite defective" would be?

And since when is groping women [sexual assault], adultery, making fun of handicapped people, bragging about his penis size & the size of Ivanka's breasts, etc., etc., only "somewhat defective" in your version of Christianity? Gee, I wonder what Jesus would have said about that? And let me remind you that Trump doesn't apologize for anything, so the issue of "forgiveness" is off the table.

metis

Tax cuts.
Which horribly unbalanced the budget and almost exclusively benefited the wealthy.

Putting America first:
I'll give you that one.

The United States left the Paris Climate Accord, the
And I do believe most of us are pro-life on this as we're seeing the results of climate change, thus realizing that serious actions to curb carbon footprints as being absolutely essential. Apparently, you're pro-death.

Iran Nuclear Agreement
And Iran now has been boosting their nuclear program.

the Trans-Pacific Partnership
And China stepped in and benefiting significantly from several new trade partnerships.

re-negotiated NAFTA with Canada and Mexico to form the new USMCA trade
I'll give you this one as well as that badly needed to be renegotiated.

And he at least started on the wall.
Which has more holes than limburger cheese, thus rather easily bypassed one way or another.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
So, Trump attempting to overthrow an election is only "somewhat defective"? Gee, I'd like to know what "quite defective" would be?

And since when is groping women [sexual assault], adultery, making fun of handicapped people, bragging about his penis size & the size of Ivanka's breasts, etc., etc., only "somewhat defective" in your version of Christianity? Gee, I wonder what Jesus would have said about that? And let me remind you that Trump doesn't apologize for anything, so the issue of "forgiveness" is off the table.
We are talking about two corrupt individuals like in every other election. The choice between them can't be about personality. I don't like Trump so quit pretending I'm his cheer leader.
I pick who I think will be most beneficial to the USA, and Biden has proven to be a terrible choice already.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Grab 'em by the *****, Trump, trumps all of them by several light years. The foul, obese orange groper in chief. Are you saying women prefer Trump's slimy paws on their bodies over the others?
Maybe it's far better than being a creepy hair sniffer and Hillary hugger.

metis

We are talking about two corrupt individuals like in every other election.
Using "false equivalencies" are just another form of dishonesty. Even the likes of Lindsey Graham said that Biden was probably the most moral man in Congress when he was there.

I pick who I think will be most beneficial to the USA, and Biden has proven to be a terrible choice already.
I do believe Biden has made some mistakes, but he's still early in his term, so maybe reserve some judgement. We know what Trump did over four years, and the fact that you defend such a man in terms of what he's repeatedly said and done, is simply an appalling violation of even the most basic Judeo-Christian teachings.

metis

Well hair sniffing is creepy, admittedly. But bragging about sexual assault? I think that's a whole other level of predation.
You've gotta be kidding! 25 women say that Trump sexually molested them with at least two of them saying he raped them, and Trump basically admitted he assaulted women when he bragged about how he can grope and forcably kiss them!

What planet do you live on?

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You've gotta be kidding! 25 women say that Trump sexually molested them with at least two of them saying he raped them, and Trump basically admitted he assaulted women when he bragged about how he can grope and forcably kiss them!

What planet do you live on?
I agree. Not sure what I said that sounds like he's not a predator? He is a predator.

metis

I agree. Not sure what I said that sounds like he's not a predator? He is a predator.
So, why do you persistently defend him? No one is forcing you to do that, you know.

A friend of mine has his own solution, namely that he doesn't vote as he's so fed up with politics that he just wants no part of it one way or the other. I don't take that route per "the lesser of the two evils" concept.

I believed that Bill Clinton, Al Franken, and John Conyers, all Dems, should have stepped down, and the latter two did. I point this out as I am not anywhere near as partisan as some here may believe. I also have voted for many Pubs over the years, including two that became president. Thus, if Biden screws up, I'll not defend him on that, and then I'll take a hard look at who's running in 2024. IOW, he does not have my vote at this point in time.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Is it concerning that statistically, about as many white women tend to vote for Trump in elections as the Democrat candidates who ran against him? And could this be the result of Democrat runners ignoring the needs of white women? If so, how are they doing so?

Perhaps the Democrats need to find a way to be more inclusive.

metis

To some extent yes, other countries often have more choice than 2 parties.
That would be nice, imo, but our electoral college system makes that difficult for third-party candidates to succeed here. Myself, I have longed preferred the parliamentary system over our presidential system.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
That speaks to their systems.
I'll wager that the humans under
them have the typical failings.

Not when the difference between policies is closer for say communist, far left, left, green, liberal, right, far right, monster raving loony, etc. The choice is down to policies rather than personalities.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Did you ever compare the numbers of Dems v Pubs when it comes to their demographic representations in Congress?

Sorry, I have trouble counting past the Libertarian representation in congress. :shrug:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Not when the difference between policies is closer for say communist, far left, left, green, liberal, right, far right, monster raving loony, etc. The choice is down to policies rather than personalities.

I think even the policies have been given emotional connections. Perhaps more so than the politicians themselves.
Although Trump had a special following that went beyond the policies.