• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump's Saudi “Policy” Is Based on One Big Lie on Top of Another

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Don't you see, guys? Dishonest, immoral, and unethical behavior is only a concern when it's the other party.

Trump could set a basket of kittens on fire and his legion of bootlicking bumpkins would convince themselves that those kittens had it coming.

What color kittens?

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Deliberately pretending not to understand a plain answer doesn't make Trump's behaviour in this tragedy any less despicable.

None of the conservatives here seem to care. They seem indifferent to the incessant lying, the defense of authoritarian thugs, and the very real possibility that Trump's Saudi (and Russian) foreign policy is the result of emoluments and/or blackmail.

Trump comes first; our integrity and national security come third or fourth in his way of thinking

Sounds like a crime against the United States if not treason.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
None of the conservatives here seem to care. They seem indifferent to the incessant lying, the defense of authoritarian thugs, and the very real possibility that Trump's Saudi (and Russian) foreign policy is the result of emoluments and/or blackmail.

Sounds like a crime against the United States if not treason.

Still no answer on how our present foreign policy towards SA differs from previous administrations. Simple question.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Don't you see, guys? Dishonest, immoral, and unethical behavior is only a concern when it's the other party.

Trump could set a basket of kittens on fire and his legion of bootlicking bumpkins would convince themselves that those kittens had it coming.

The real enemy of the people!
upload_2018-11-23_18-42-36.jpeg

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I am hardly defending Trump. The reality is the diplomacy is the art of lying.
I'm more of the opinion that diplomacy is the art of compromising. But even so there has to be something said about how bad a liar Trump is. It's hard to be a good diplomat when nobody can take anything you say remotely seriously.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
They weren't caught cutting up a person while they were still alive before.

Uhhh...wrong. Multiple beheadings and stonings over the years. Still beside the point. How is our policy different now as then? Simple question. (BTW, can't remember this President bowing to any one in SA...just sayin'.)

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Sorry, but still no answers. Just a lot of ruffled...erm...feathers.
Answered by at least 3 people by my count. Denying reality isn't actually a credible debate tactic, despite what your orange idol and his enablers may think.

Nous

Premium Member
I'm sorry @Nous it just struck me as odd that you would highlight Trump's inability to be truthful in the realm of diplomacy, which is almost literally the art of learning to smile while telling lies. Enjoy your thread though. :)
The topic of the thread does not just concern Trump's "inability to be truthful in the realm of diplomacy." The topic also includes Trump's illogic or gross ineptitude in turning one of the country's strongest assets into a liability; his reasons for doing this, which undoubtedly is related to the unconstitutional foreign emoluments that influence him; and even the horror that Saudi Arabia, with the aid of US arms, has wrought, or at least exacerbated, in Yemen:

. . . more than 22 million people -- three-quarters of the population -- in desperate need of aid and protection,United Nations Secretary General Antonio Guterres said.

As the conflict enters its fourth year, millions are without access to clean drinking water and the country is at high risk of a cholera epidemic, Guterre said at a donor conference in Geneva on Tuesday.

He said over 8 million people in the country "did not know where they will obtain their next meal," and that "every ten minutes, a child under five dies of preventable causes."​

Yemen war is 2018's worst humanitarian crisis, UN says - CNN

Nous

Premium Member
I've notice you've dodge the question again.
False. See #3.

The topic of the thread is not about what some dead President might or might not have done. If you don't have a comment relevant to the topic of the thread, then there is no reason for you to post here, regardless of how much the topic and the facts noted upset you.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Still no answer on how our present foreign policy towards SA differs from previous administrations. Simple question.

Others have answered that for you.

My point is the one I made - unrelated to your question. I don't see any evidence that any of the conservatives posting here are concerned about what seem like red flags to many others.

Note the placement of scare quotes around the word policy in the thread's title. To me, that means that the word does not refer to America's official foreign policy regarding Saudi Arabia, but to Trump's personal policy in dealing with them. His policy seems to be to overlook the atrocities, dismiss his intelligence agencies, and court favor with the Saudis for personal gain. Also, his justification for his position is a series of distortions, obfuscations, and outright lies.

Trump is undermining American institutions when he says that he believes the Arabs over the CIA. He's undermining America's moral standing on the world stage with his apparent indifference about what happened to that journalist, which is consistent with his contempt for journalists like Khashoggi who expose high-level corruption, and with his own (non-violent) attacks on America's journalists.

These are not the values that America wants to show the world. These are not the values that people who were offended by what the Saudis did want to be associated with. These Trumpian policies damage America whatever her official foreign policy may be.

It's not the conservatives that are the problem; it's the Republicons

OK, I'll grant you that. The language here is problematic. Not all conservatives are morally lost or factually challenged. Some are very vigilant and seem to care about values that liberal Americans support as well.

Conservative, Republican, right-wing, Neocon - how do these words differ in meaning, and where do they overlap? It's probably different for all of us.

For example, what's a Republican? Anybody that registers Republican? Anybody who preferentially votes for Republican candidates? Somebody running as Republican? A member of government that won running as a Republican? A conservative staff member appointed by such a person? All of the above?

Actually, to me, the biggest threat is power and money behind the Republican party, combined with an increasingly unsophisiticated, low information, and easily manipulated electorate subjected to incessant, effective, right-wing propaganda. Are those behind the scenes with the money and selfish anti-democratic and anti-egalitarian agendas considered Republicans, or just neocons?

Last edited:

james dixon

Premium Member
Others have answered that for you.

My point is the one I made - unrelated to your question. I don't see any evidence that any of the conservatives posting here are concerned about what seem like red flags to many others.

Note the placement of scare quotes around the word policy in the thread's title. To me, that means that the word does not refer to America's official foreign policy regarding Saudi Arabia, but to Trump's personal policy in dealing with them. His policy seems to be to overlook the atrocities, dismiss his intelligence agencies, and court favor with the Saudis for personal gain. Also, his justification for his position is a series of distortions, obfuscations, and outright lies.

Trump is undermining American institutions when Trump says that he believes the Arabs over the CIA. He's undermining America's moral standing on the world stage with his apparent indifference about what happened to that journalist, which is consistent with his contempt for journalists who expose high-level corruption like Khashoggi, and his own non-violent attacks on America's journalists. These are not the values that America wants to show the world. These are not the values that people who were offended by what the Saudis did want to be associated with. These Trumpian policies damage America whatever her official foreign policy may be.

Some things just need repeating until they are heard.

member: 61691; thank you for that post. The world is unfolding as it should

In my view of things :)-