• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump supporter and religious nutter threatens hurricane Dorian

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Mullah Nasruddin - “Trust in god. And tie your camel”

Right...

For those unfamiliar with the phrase see following:

"This saying, as relayed by the scholar Al-Tirmidhi, is an ancient Arab phrase attributed to the prophet Mohammed who, when one day he saw a Bedouin leaving his camel without tethering it, questioned him as to why he was doing this. The Bedouin replied that he was placing his trust in Allah and had no need to tie the camel. The prophet Mohammed then replied, “Tie your camel and place your trust in Allah.”

The phrase relates to balancing in taking action and letting go. Eyes in the stars but feet in the mud.

Good point

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It's a tradition at RF.
If anyone starts a thread which makes a Trumpette look bad, the left must be criticized.
If anyone starts a thread which makes a leftie look bad, Trumpettes must be criticized.
Btw, you've not been doing your part to uphold the tradition.
Trump and the Left wasn't even mentioned in the OP. Just a religious nutter.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Even if she is not mentally ill just very charismatic the fact that any insignificant spec of an organism such as a human being can redirect what God’s nature intended is presumptuously ignorant and arrogant.
It's also a very primitive way of thinking.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Trump and the Left wasn't even mentioned in the OP. Just a religious nutter.
Are you kidding?
Look at the title.
It was about Trump even before one clicked on the thread.
Clearly clickbait to be the pro & anti Trumpettes arguing
tooth & nail.

Cooky

Veteran Member
She's a crackpot.

1kisqh.jpg

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Muslims are an insignificant fraction of the American population; fortunately, there are already just too few of them anywhere in the U.S.A. to impose their oppressive Sharia laws upon any of us freedom loving Americans.

Ditto on the Christians trying to impose their oppressive religious laws on freedom loving Americans.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
No. The Muslim part was a joke considering most extremist Christians are bigoted and certainly against Muslims but I know you’re special when it comes to dialogue.

Sometimes, we have difficulty distinguishing joking from seriousness, that's a special attribute many of us Aspie''s have.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
Right...

For those unfamiliar with the phrase see following:

"This saying, as relayed by the scholar Al-Tirmidhi, is an ancient Arab phrase attributed to the prophet Mohammed who, when one day he saw a Bedouin leaving his camel without tethering it, questioned him as to why he was doing this. The Bedouin replied that he was placing his trust in Allah and had no need to tie the camel. The prophet Mohammed then replied, “Tie your camel and place your trust in Allah.”

The phrase relates to balancing in taking action and letting go. Eyes in the stars but feet in the mud.

Good point

Thanks for the history lesson. I couldn’t remember exactly who said it, but I fondly remember Mullah Nasruddin. I spent some time studying with Sufis.

InChrist

Free4ever
These people I really want to say have some serious mental issues that is completely dangerous. I, can for one say that people like this I’m so glad aren’t a part of the progressive left. I’m sure she summoned her powers and commanded her Moses powers to hit it to the east towards where Muslims live.

I thought it was Marianne Williamson and mind power which caused the hurricane to deter.:D

Marianne Williamson deletes tweet suggesting 'power of the mind' can deter Hurricane Dorian - CNNPolitics

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian

There are non-Christians who oppose abortion, some non-Christians favor teenage marriage, and there are non-Christian nationalists.

Right-to-life, teen marriage, and nationalism are not synonymous with Christianity.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Nope, doesn't sound weird and I'm sure if you showed someone who is religious or secular my post it wouldn't appear weird to them. What is your point?

Simply that it would probably be weird for someone else. (You simply have a perspective based on your culture). The chant of a Buddhist will seem weird for someone who is not a Buddhist but very normal for the Buddhist himself.

So, whoever this lady is, it is a normal prayer for her whether or not you pray differently (but just as weird in the perspective of someone else)